Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2011, 10:31   #796
BHPian
 
kap04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 159
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom
Dear Fellow BHPans,

See the statistics for this month. 5819 Citys sold. Do you think instead of rushing for an upgrade Honda will play "the cane juice vendor technique" for some more time?

Squeeze and squeeze the present City Reduce the price more-squeeze.Introduce some new colour-sequeeze.A few more freebies-squeeze.Some silly superficial features-squeeze!! Give out some publicity stunts about Honda's greatness-squeeze.

At last put a piece of lemon and squeeze for the last time by 2013 when they are ready with the Diesel!?

Fervently hope that better sense prevails with them.
Feels good to own the king of the C-segment. The price drop has really helped the City regain this position. Hope it stays like this for a while. In that 5819 city's I know 2 cars, one is mine and the other is my friends, we took delivery of the twins the same day :-)

Last edited by kap04 : 4th September 2011 at 10:34.
kap04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2011, 10:46   #797
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 317
Thanked: 131 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Dear Fellow BHPans,

See the statistics for this month. 5819 Citys sold. Do you think instead of rushing for an upgrade Honda will play "the cane juice vendor technique" for some more time?

Squeeze and squeeze the present City Reduce the price more-squeeze.Introduce some new colour-sequeeze.A few more freebies-squeeze.Some silly superficial features-squeeze!! Give out some publicity stunts about Honda's greatness-squeeze.

At last put a piece of lemon and squeeze for the last time by 2013 when they are ready with the Diesel!?

Fervently hope that better sense prevails with them.
If i recollect correctly as per the FT the figures for Aug-2011 for Honda was 6017 vs 6001 for Vento. SO it definitely seems like Honda has regained the ground in terms of share. Given that Vento being both petrol and diesel combined whereas Honda with just petrol it is significant.

As far as squeezing the last ounce of juice i think based on past experience Honda discontinues existing models when it launches new ones, however with the competition heating up only time will tell.

Cheers
MKP
mkpiyengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2011, 12:04   #798
BHPian
 
breezydrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NOIDA
Posts: 709
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIAN_VAGABOND;2491377[I
]With a further price drop in HONDA CITY almost confirmed, [/i]

Can anyone provide an update as to when the face-lifted version is being introduced in the market ?
Can you confirm the source of confirmation about further price cut!

I don't think HONDA shall be reducing the prices further; the aggressive strategy has worked and the numbers started flowing again!

As per unofficial quotes by two dealerships in NCR, the FL version of ANHC shall have the following :

  • New front Grille (probably matching the one in CIVIC)
  • Sun roof in V variant
  • Indicators on OVRM
  • Music player with CD, USB, Bluetooth etc.

Presently their focus is on BRIO, then FL ANHC shall be coming in by year end.

Last edited by breezydrive : 4th September 2011 at 12:06.
breezydrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2011, 12:09   #799
BHPian
 
charthom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 652
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Mates,

Yes, historically Honda will not resort to silly insignificant face-lifts-they may replace the existing car with a totally new one. But so far they were really never threatened and did not have to consider the diesel engine option. And remember,historically Honda would not offer a discount for the cars too!!

Now,sufficiently threatened by the market and the throne is about to forfeit-the chassis has to be so designed to accommodate 2 different types of engines with different characteristics. Out of which one engine is still in the labs, being developed(hopefully).

Hence- if Honda replaces the present City with totally new car immediately, how will they accommodate the inevitable diesel at a later stage? Unless the diesel engine is already ready and tested? So, it will be a good strategy for them, to wait for the diesel engine to be ready, to launch a totally new design.

Until then prolong the outcome with the squeeze technique And keep us busy anxious,guessing, speculating, discussing,fighting ,arguing etc.

Hope my line of thinking is logical.

Cheers!!

Edit: @breezydrive- still no ACC! Can't believe!! If they are launching the FL City by the year end-then IMHO,it means that the diesel is ready. And-if ACC is missing,then this FL is nothing but an insignificant squeeze, ACC being reserved for a later stage.

Last edited by charthom : 4th September 2011 at 12:23.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2011, 06:30   #800
BHPian
 
charthom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 652
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Guys,

I have already received 2 separate calls from Peninsular Honda asking me to bring the car for 2nd free service. Hope their services too will be as prompt as the calls.

My rear sunfilm (V Kool) has begun to blister out. They have promised total replacement of the rear film. Will have the jobs done and post the feed back.

@Sn1p3r, how was the service? Have you driven the car, yet?

Cheers,charthom.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2011, 15:49   #801
Senior - BHPian
 
Sn1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,017
Thanked: 224 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom
Guys,

I have already received 2 separate calls from Peninsular Honda asking me to bring the car for 2nd free service. Hope their services too will be as prompt as the calls.

My rear sunfilm (V Kool) has begun to blister out. They have promised total replacement of the rear film. Will have the jobs done and post the feed back.

@Sn1p3r, how was the service? Have you driven the car, yet?

Cheers,charthom.
The SMS comes from a software, the calls are irritating by competitive dealers. Just a few days back asked RR honda not to call me.

The service was great, left the car @11am and the car was ready for delivery at 3.30pm. No complaints pre/post delivery. Engine running smoothly as ever. We in NCR are experiencing persistent rains for past one week and that has converted our roads into moon surface. Thus driving carefully, did not have too much fun lately. Will be driving to F1 track and that is a good drive. Will update again post my highway stint. Cheers!

Regarding the sun film just get a replacement. Nothing more nothing less. V-kool are professional bunch. All the best!

Last edited by Sn1p3r : 5th September 2011 at 15:50.
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2011, 22:10   #802
BHPian
 
charthom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 652
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
The service was great, left the car @11am and the car was ready for delivery at 3.30pm. No complaints pre/post delivery. Engine running smoothly as ever. We in NCR are experiencing persistent rains for past one week and that has converted our roads into moon surface. Thus driving carefully, did not have too much fun lately. Will be driving to F1 track and that is a good drive. Will update again post my highway stint. Cheers!
Great news-buddy as always. Honda is giving great news always.
Waiting for your highway adventures-careful ones of course

Quote:
Regarding the sun film just get a replacement. Nothing more nothing less. V-kool are professional bunch. All the best!
Yes-they have promised replacement. Will visit them soon.

Last edited by charthom : 5th September 2011 at 22:11.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2011, 09:58   #803
Senior - BHPian
 
Sn1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,017
Thanked: 224 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom

Great news-buddy as always. Honda is giving great news always.
Waiting for your highway adventures-careful ones of course
Few Bhpians are having a quick meet before we all proceed to F1 track, I am sure the highway convoy will be a safe one. Am all excited to be on the track. Cheers!
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2011, 11:57   #804
BHPian
 
Subrat Seet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 305
Thanked: 344 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

The first anniversary of my ANHC (VMT) is on September 9, 2011. I just had bought some acessories like Front/Back sensor and simple mats. After that V-kool Gold Dust (Superb effect).

I have not done any service after the 3 free services. Run just 5700 k.m. Getting calls from Honda dealer frequently but waiting for the rain to recede in Mumbai then i am planning to do servicing as well as a nice polish too.

Where should i do a polish in Mumbai, as lots of minor scratches in the body?

What would be the cost for polish?

Recently, whiling driving in Mumbai-Pune Express highway at 150 KM per hour, felt that pick up is not that good now, may be the reason that it require a service. Even now, feeling little less smooth pick up.

Thats all the experience for now. Planning for a makeover like seat cover (pure Leather) and 3D mats after rain. High sensitive number plates etc.

Also, thinking of a really long drive may be Mumbai-Nagpur-Bandhavgarh or Mumbai to Balasore, Odisha. May be will hire a back up driver. Not gathered the courgae so far.

Comments appreciated.

Thanks and regards

Subrat
Subrat Seet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2011, 13:22   #805
Senior - BHPian
 
bluevolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,963
Thanked: 2,211 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet View Post

Where should i do a polish in Mumbai, as lots of minor scratches in the body?

What would be the cost for polish?
You can go for car detailing from the dealer itself. Most Honda dealers have 3M detailing kit and they will do it for you during car servicing.
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2011, 20:38   #806
BHPian
 
charthom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 652
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Few Bhpians are having a quick meet before we all proceed to F1 track, I am sure the highway convoy will be a safe one. Am all excited to be on the track. Cheers!
@Sn1p3r-this news is as stimulating as a nice cup of warm tea on a cold morning Best of luck buddy.Enjoy the meet and burn the tyres carefully on the F1 track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet View Post
I have not done any service after the 3 free services. Run just 5700 k.m. Getting calls from Honda dealer frequently but waiting for the rain to recede in Mumbai then i am planning to do servicing as well as a nice polish too.
Suggest you do it in the earliest.

Quote:
Where should i do a polish in Mumbai, as lots of minor scratches in the body?
What would be the cost for polish?
Bluevolt is spot on. 3M is ideal. Do you have Ultimate Detailerz etc at Mumbai?


Quote:
Recently, whiling driving in Mumbai-Pune Express highway at 150 KM per hour, felt that pick up is not that good now, may be the reason that it require a service. Even now, feeling little less smooth pick up.
Do it in the earliest-Mate.
Quote:
Thats all the experience for now. Planning for a makeover like seat cover (pure Leather) and 3D mats after rain. High sensitive number plates etc.
Do consider Star mats from Sai Mag Wheels- the new girl in the office.

Quote:
Also, thinking of a really long drive may be Mumbai-Nagpur-Bandhavgarh or Mumbai to Balasore, Odisha. May be will hire a back up driver. Not gathered the courgae so far.
Great news-It is ideal to hire a back up driver-just in case. Follow mdsaab's advices and list of essentials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
You can go for car detailing from the dealer itself. Most Honda dealers have 3M detailing kit and they will do it for you during car servicing.
Very true bluevolt.

Friends,taking The UT beauty for 2nd free service tomorrow.

A feed back on N2 filling. Yesterday I filled N2 into my i10's tyres. Trust me- there is a dramatic improvement in the ride quality,which was not obvious in City. I guess it is the combined effect of N2 and Michelin XM1+ tyres.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2011, 21:02   #807
BHPian
 
kirantp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 384
Thanked: 129 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Friends,taking The UT beauty for 2nd free service tomorrow.

A feed back on N2 filling. Yesterday I filled N2 into my i10's tyres. Trust me- there is a dramatic improvement in the ride quality,which was not obvious in City. I guess it is the combined effect of N2 and Michelin XM1+ tyres.
Folks, I am back from long weekend vacation to Chikmagalur. Will be posting the travelogue soon.
@Charthom - good to note that your UT is going in for 2nd free service. All the best mate.
By the way friends, I am looking for some views and opinions for headrest monitors for my ANHC and I had posted the query below elsewhere in another forum. However, I am still yet to hear a reply for that so thought of posting it again here so that I can get a quicker reply.

Here goes my Query:
I am planning to go for installing headrest monitors for my ANHC V MT and I have got a quote for Rs 12,000 (inclusive of installation) for two units of Xenos Model: "XCT-HRP-700 7 Headrest with Pillow Monitor

I directly contacted Xenos dealer in Bangalore and received the model information along with quotation.

Please let me know if this is a good option to go with or please suggest more options so that I can evaluate before deciding.

Appreciate responses/feedback from anybody in the team.
PS: My honda dealer has found a customer who is interested in my CD player for Rs 7K that was lying idle after installing Caska HU. So I need to shell out just another 5K for my headrest monitor. Sounds good eh ?

Looking forward to your responses

Cheers,
Kiran
kirantp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2011, 21:26   #808
BHPian
 
Habanero City's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: TN
Posts: 248
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Guys,

I have already received 2 separate calls from Peninsular Honda asking me to bring the car for 2nd free service. Hope their services too will be as prompt as the calls.

My rear sunfilm (V Kool) has begun to blister out. They have promised total replacement of the rear film. Will have the jobs done and post the feed back.

@Sn1p3r, how was the service? Have you driven the car, yet?

Cheers,charthom.
charthom, how many KM's have you done so far?
Do you plan to change the engine oil?
Disappointing to see that V kool has blistered out, any reason? may be workmanship
If possible please post some pictures.
The rear glass is very tricky to stick and requires some heating before sticking the film.
If possible please stay back to supervise this work with regard to the quality of work and materials used.
Please update after the service
Habanero City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2011, 21:29   #809
Senior - BHPian
 
Sn1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,017
Thanked: 224 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom

@Sn1p3r-this news is as stimulating as a nice cup of warm tea on a cold morning Best of luck buddy.Enjoy the meet and burn the tyres carefully on the F1 track.
Only till the F1 track mate, hopefully they will have some civilian action soon

Thanks for the support. I am going there all positive bearing the tbhp flag hopefully this old man can take on the challenge
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2011, 21:46   #810
BHPian
 
Subrat Seet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 305
Thanked: 344 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
You can go for car detailing from the dealer itself. Most Honda dealers have 3M detailing kit and they will do it for you during car servicing.
Thank you. I will check.


[quote=charthom;2495831]@Sn1p3r-this news is as stimulating as a nice cup of warm tea on a cold morning Best of luck buddy.Enjoy the meet and burn the tyres carefully on the F1 track.



Suggest you do it in the earliest.



Thanks. I will do.

Do consider Star mats from Sai Mag Wheels- the new girl in the office.

Ok. I will.

Great news-It is ideal to hire a back up driver-just in case. Follow mdsaab's advices and list of essentials.

Does he has a thread on this? If yes, Please PM me.

Thank you.
Subrat Seet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda City (4th gen) niggles: A compilation. Are Honda cars niggle-free anymore? CrAzY dRiVeR The Indian Car Scene 385 8th September 2017 12:18
Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol sawnilrules Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 82 26th December 2016 16:34
How an insignificant geek fell in love with Cars... and a Hi sunson Introduce yourself 9 26th April 2008 00:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:57.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks