Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 11th September 2011, 22:25   #826
BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Well, can you really? :-)
What I meant was- can you really take a break from detailing your car! Your review of the monitors has been very informative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
Friends,

As promised, please find the pics of 3D kagu mats that were procured for my ANHC.
Great looks,Kiran.Glad that you too chose beige. As you have already noticed,once dry,the dirt is not visible at all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
@Charthom and fellow BHPians: I have finally posted my travelogue of our weekend monso on getaway to Chikmagalur here. Please go thru the same and let me know your comments and feedback.
Good news-heading right away to your thread after one more post.

All friends- just visited my brother in law. The rain was only trickling,so could not observe the wiper throw to full effect.

My brother in law drove the City and was delighted! He admitted it is better than his Swift DZire and the first generation Corolla of his brother.He found the driver's seat very comfortable for his 6'1'' frame.

Visited the Chimmony dam sight. Please see a few snaps.

My BIL enjoys a drive of the City

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-my-brother-law-enjoys-drive-city.jpg

The vegetation-a blur of green

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-vegetation-blur-green.jpg

Rubber plantations in a haze

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-rubber-plantation-haze.jpg

the view from the dash

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-view-dash.jpg

A sign board-a streak of colour

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-sign-boarda-streak-colour.jpg

Chimney dam

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-chimney-dam.jpg

Chimmony dam scenery

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-chimney-dam-scenery.jpg

Vegetation at the site of Chimmoney dam

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-vegetation-site-chimney-dam.jpg

A fallen tree

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-fallen-tree.jpg

UT beauty parked at a distance.Vehicles are not permitted in the close proximity of the dam.

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-ut-beauty-parked-distance.jpg

All photos have been shot by My Fair Lady with true spirit and comradeship for Team BHP and the BHPians on her iPhone.

Warning-the baldy head reflected in the IRVM is my BIL-even though I am not far behind.

Last edited by charthom : 11th September 2011 at 22:27.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 22:33   #827
BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
What I meant was- can you really take a break from detailing your car! Your review of the monitors has been very informative.
Thanks mate.

Great looks,Kiran.Glad that you too chose beige. As you have already noticed,once dry,the dirt is not visible at all!!
You bet. Thanks again for your write-up in your post on the 3D mats that made me go after them

Good news-heading right away to your thread after one more post.
Cool. Awaiting your comments dude.
Welcome back from your short break. That was a cute little write-up with cool pics. Glad to note that your BIL has fallen for the UT beauty
kirantp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 11:41   #828
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod : This is NOT a chat thread. Please stick to the topic, that is the ownership review of the Honda City. Thanks
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 21:17   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
Disappointing that you could not get the V-kool film fixed.
@HC,

The VKool film was fixed today. I got a call from VKool offering to pick up my car and do the job. I took the car there instead. The blistered up rear film was completely replaced-very good job.

Dear Fellow BHPIans,

Today I drove after many days:

1. Had the VKool rear film changed.
2. had my mapmyIndia updated to 6.1(Caska did it for FREE for me)-have to try out though.
3. Topped up N2 in the tyres.

Honda A.S.S. has clarified that since my running is less(only 1550 kms) they did not change the oil-will do so during the 3rd free service.

OT:

As many of you know,I was supposed to leave on the 13th to Finland. On the 12th I suffered a back sprain(hopefully)- causing a panick situation at home and work place. To sum up,I had to cancel my plans- am resting hence no psts. Now can sit up-hence started posting on TBHP! and drove too.

My plans have been revised-leaving on 19th to London-hopefully will regain health by then.

Will surely post my official farewell (as bluevolt put it) once my journey is confirmed.

Love you all,charthom.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 21:37   #830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@HC,

The VKool film was fixed today.
Hi Charthom,
Coming here after a long time and glad to read the progress of your ride.
I had one Q for you - with the VKool film on do you find it a strain to drive in the night as compared to a clear glass? This has been one issue that has been preventing me from going in for the films.

Sorry to hear of your ailment. Get well soon.
Wishing you the very best in your assignment - safe sailing !
Guderian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 21:48   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi Charthom,

I had one Q for you - with the VKool film on do you find it a strain to drive in the night as compared to a clear glass? This has been one issue that has been preventing me from going in for the films.
Hi Guderian,

Welcome back. I have difficulty in night driving due to weak eyes.The on-going traffic would dazzle me.

I fought back like this:

1. Polarised anti glare glasses-to cut the harshness
2. 70% anti glare film on the wind shield(V-Kool)
3. Upgraded head lamps

Now I am again fit and have successfully drove on the highway after 5 years!!

The anti glare film,in my experience,has not cut the visibility at all-but it has a soothing effect to the eyes. I have been driving in busy traffic extensively these days,both city and highway-no problems with the film. I whole heartedly recommend the same for you too.

Gift the elegent Admiral a pair of cool shades-he will thank you for it.

Quote:
Sorry to hear of your ailment. Get well soon.
It is not very serious-but was enough to cancel my journey-a chance to Finland was lost. Thanks for the wishes.

Quote:
Wishing you the very best in your assignment - safe sailing !
Thanks again,Mate.Hope to catch up in between.

Last edited by charthom : 16th September 2011 at 21:50.
Old 16th September 2011, 21:59   #832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I fought back like this:

1. Polarised anti glare glasses-to cut the harshness
2. 70% anti glare film on the wind shield(V-Kool)
3. Upgraded head lamps
Hi Charthom,
Many thanks for the information.
How about the general visibity all around, from the rear windshield especially and the sides for night driving with the films on ?
Guderian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 22:13   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Charthom,
Many thanks for the information.
How about the general visibity all around, from the rear windshield especially and the sides for night driving with the films on ?
Always at your service-Mate.

The rear wind shield-I hardly notice. For reversing I depend on the Caska reverse camera or my poor twisted back and neck! Otherwise all around visibility is very good- with T35 from V-Kool. Have no problems so far-looks nice too,blending with the UT colour of the car.

I have been very much skeptical about sun films-this is my first car to have them on. But not bad at all.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2011, 00:03   #834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Charthom,
Coming here after a long time and glad to read the progress of your ride.
I am also using sun films on my car with much lower visibility in fact i.e. 30% visibility but still find no issue in night driving and reversing the car (I don't have reverse camera, do it myself).
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2011, 10:13   #835
Senior - BHPian

If you are into Yoga, try the sarpa asana, inverted dog and superman while on your stomach. Try to sleep on hard mattress or even floor, make sure you do not sleep in too cold an environment. I speak from experience, post my fall from the staircase. It healed and I am running fit.

It is good to know vkool did a professional job, I am a bit confused on the antiglare thing, the vkool 70 should have this feature inbuilt on their series. Mine works like a charm too.

Reversing is becoming an issue in tight corners it's not easy to reverse the car maybe I need prsctise, I am looking for reverse sensors and camera too, kindly suggest the best you have cone across.

Bon voyage!

Thanks!
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2011, 13:31   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I am also using sun films on my car with much lower visibility in fact i.e. 30% visibility but still find no issue in night driving and reversing the car (I don't have reverse camera, do it myself).
BV,the RTO approved is 50%. In the case of VKool the shop in charge has informed me that their 35 is by American standard which is equivalent of 60% here-hence safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
If you are into Yoga, try the sarpa asana, inverted dog and superman while on your stomach. Try to sleep on hard mattress or even floor, make sure you do not sleep in too cold an environment. I speak from experience, post my fall from the staircase. It healed and I am running fit.

It is good to know vkool did a professional job, I am a bit confused on the antiglare thing, the vkool 70 should have this feature inbuilt on their series. Mine works like a charm too.

Reversing is becoming an issue in tight corners it's not easy to reverse the car maybe I need prsctise, I am looking for reverse sensors and camera too, kindly suggest the best you have cone across.

Bon voyage!

Thanks!
The VKool 70 is anti glare,of course. Are you referring to the polarised glass part? I meant my spectacles.I use anti glare polarised specs while driving.

I have Caska. Other brands like Vision etc should be good too. I personally don't recommend sensors.

Mates-as you are aware,there are specific threads for films and other gadgets. It is ideal that we continue discussions on them there-as indicated by GTO's post above(#828).

Regarding the Yoga too,Sn1p3r,I will PM you-same reason.

Last edited by charthom : 17th September 2011 at 13:33.
Old 18th September 2011, 20:57   #837
BHPian

Friends,

Had a small scratch to the body yesterday. Nothing serious-and UT colour is good at camouflaging nicks.

So far touched bottom about 5 times in all-can't help it.

Anyone is aware of non-OE turning indicators for ORVMs? Remember a mention on kirantp's post long back. Kiran,do you have any idea? Can anyone post a snap?

Caska GPs is coming as OE on next generation Civic. Hope the same will happen to next gen New City.
Old 18th September 2011, 21:34   #838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Friends,

Had a small scratch to the body yesterday. Nothing serious-and UT colour is good at camouflaging nicks.
Oh! That hurts for sure. How does that happened? You have any touch up spray or pen for touch up jobs?

Quote:
So far touched bottom about 5 times in all-can't help it.
To be honest my car has not scraped the breakers even one time. Touch wood.
Old 18th September 2011, 21:59   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Oh! That hurts for sure. How does that happened? You have any touch up spray or pen for touch up jobs?

To be honest my car has not scraped the breakers even one time. Touch wood.
Hi BV,

It happened while reversing inside the building's parking lot. I had back pain, so could not turn. It appears to be a blind spot sort of thing,not sure if the camera picked it up properly-no explanation yet

I do have touch up pen-will attempt tomorrow-back is still a bit stiff. I have to be ready for journey on 20th. Hence taking it a bit easy.

I am aware of Venus's impeccable Perfect Ten bottom-not scraped even once.Here the kind of broken roads,even SUVs are scraping!

Bluevolt-any idea about the indicators on ORVMs? Ever heard of them?
Old 18th September 2011, 22:26   #840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Bluevolt-any idea about the indicators on ORVMs? Ever heard of them?
Yes I have seen after market covers with indicators which are installed on ORVMs and they function like OEM ORVM indicators.

Have seen many Santro/WagonR guys with this stuff. It doesn't cost much.