Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 19th September 2011, 03:14   #841
BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Hey charthom, I am back..wow, your thread has virtually become Honda city's team-bhp home page. Great going boss !!. I have a lot to catch up on, probably have to go through at least 20-30 pages of your thread to catchup !
FireBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 10:50   #842
BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Friends,

Had a small scratch to the body yesterday. Nothing serious-and UT colour is good at camouflaging nicks.

So far touched bottom about 5 times in all-can't help it.
Sorry to hear about the scratch on your UT beauty dude. I have touched it atleast 10-15 times in Bangalore city thanks to the so called mad speed breakers and also craters caused by Metro work. Never touched the bottom during our long outings though.
Anyone is aware of non-OE turning indicators for ORVMs? Remember a mention on kirantp's post long back. Kiran,do you have any idea? Can anyone post a snap?
Hey, I do not remember I mentioned about OVRM. Shall check and let you know incase I find any luck with it.
Caska GPs is coming as OE on next generation Civic. Hope the same will happen to next gen New City.
Oh yeah. I had mentioned somewhere in this thread along with the postings of my CASKA HU setup that Honda has entered into exclusive tie-up with these CASKA folks. Now that the Civic and Accord are being rolled out with these HUs, the dealer mentioned that the next version of Honda city too will have Caska as OE
My comments highlighted dude.
kirantp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 12:28   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Yes I have seen after market covers with indicators which are installed on ORVMs and they function like OEM ORVM indicators.

Have seen many Santro/WagonR guys with this stuff. It doesn't cost much.
Bluevolt,thanks for the feed back, Mate. But covers with indicators or pads inside will look awkward on real beauties-you will agree. hence better not to have these indicators-the natural ones are better than enhanced ones!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBug View Post
Hey charthom, I am back..wow, your thread has virtually become Honda city's team-bhp home page. Great going boss !!. I have a lot to catch up on, probably have to go through at least 20-30 pages of your thread to catchup !
Welcome back FireBug!!

Where had you vanished? I had sent a PM too once-when someone wanted info on alloys etc. Hope all is well with you.

Thanks for the comments on the thread,Mate. Warm blooded BHPians have been contributing to keep it afloat always-my sincere thanks to them all.

How is your polished metallic beuaty doing? I thought I saw your car once at the Vyttila jn. It was heavy traffic. Please do the favour of updating your thread regularly now.

Regarding the back log,hope you will enjoy them and extend your constructive criticism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
My comments highlighted dude.
The indicators in covers are not exciting,IMHO.Well, there are no other ways to incorporate them too.Looks like we may have to live without them.

I got my MapmyIndia updated for free from Caska. The technician passed this info over. Yes,you had mentioned it too.

Regarding small scratches and touching bottoms,to some extent "live with them" is the best policy-I am not going to be obsessed with polishing her too much,since it will be difficult for my wife to continue in my absence.

Yes,no touching bottom on long hauls on good roads-I once carried 6 "healthy" people-they managed to squeeze fit in the back seat and there was no scraping/bottoming out.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 16:17   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Welcome back FireBug!!

Where had you vanished? I had sent a PM too once-when someone wanted info on alloys etc. Hope all is well with you.

Thanks for the comments on the thread,Mate. Warm blooded BHPians have been contributing to keep it afloat always-my sincere thanks to them all.

How is your polished metallic beuaty doing? I thought I saw your car once at the Vyttila jn. It was heavy traffic. Please do the favour of updating your thread regularly now.

Regarding the back log,hope you will enjoy them and extend your constructive criticism.
Thanks Charthom. Got seriously stuck with life outside Team Bhp so had to take a break. Its great to be back though. I will be going through the pages for certain, I am certain it's definitely worth the effort. My car is going good. Vytilla jn - hmm, it could be me !! Plst remember my reg number kl07BP 9111 so if you see that again its me

I will definitely update the thread soon.
Old 19th September 2011, 20:15   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Charthom. Got seriously stuck with life outside Team Bhp so had to take a break. Its great to be back though. I will be going through the pages for certain, I am certain it's definitely worth the effort. My car is going good. Vytilla jn - hmm, it could be me !! Plst remember my reg number kl07BP 9111 so if you see that again its me

I will definitely update the thread soon.
Hi FireBug,

Glad that you are back and are rejuvenated after all those "Life outside Team BHP". I will certainly look for your car next time.

Well, I am about to sail back. Will be back in March.I will PM you then and we can meet.Meanwhile wishing you a great time with our friends here.
Old 19th September 2011, 21:42   #846
BHPian

Friends,T-BHPians,

It is final- I am leaving for Rottedam(the Netherlands) on 21st early morning. I will take Cochin-Dubai-Rotterdam flights. After many postponements,I am leaving home reluctantly for 6 months.

But this time with a much heavier heart- I will miss all my friends on TBHP dearly. I joined this community and has been happy with it,inspired by it and made many friends who I am dying to meet in person.

I will try to be in touch-can't say how successfully-but will definitely try. Depending on the ports we visit etc. I hope my dear friends will not forget my thread and even in my absence will continue the discussions and interactions.

Bid me good luck Mates- fair winds and calm seas-let me take your good wishes and prayers with me.

And in return,you all will dwell in my heart and be remembered in my prayers.

Love you all,charthom.

Mods: please pardon the above post if deemed OT.

Last edited by charthom : 19th September 2011 at 21:44.
charthom is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 21:55   #847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Friends,T-BHPians,

It is final- I am leaving for Rottedam(the Netherlands) on 21st early morning. I will take Cochin-Dubai-Rotterdam flights. After many postponements,I am leaving home reluctantly for 6 months.

But this time with a much heavier heart- I will miss all my friends on TBHP dearly. I joined this community and has been happy with it,inspired by it and made many friends who I am dying to meet in person.

I will try to be in touch-can't say how successfully-but will definitely try. Depending on the ports we visit etc. I hope my dear friends will not forget my thread and even in my absence will continue the discussions and interactions.

Bid me good luck Mates- fair winds and calm seas-let me take your good wishes and prayers with me.

And in return,you all will dwell in my heart and be remembered in my prayers.

Love you all,charthom.

Mods: please pardon the above post if deemed OT.
Hi Charthom,

Your thread is the best thread on Honda City till date in history of team-bhp. We will definitely miss you and your posts. Do come back stronger and healthier. And try to log in once in a while. All the best for your journey.

Advance Diwali/Christmas/New year wishes to you and your family.
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 22:04   #848
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Friends,T-BHPians,

6 months will pass very quickly and you will be back for sure. And tell me something, these days internet is available in many places including Rotterdam I can imagine. So please start a new thread on your automotive experience there. Will look forward for that. What is happening to the City in the mean time?
dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 22:14   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Hi Charthom,

Your thread is the best thread on Honda City till date in history of team-bhp. We will definitely miss you and your posts. Do come back stronger and healthier. And try to log in once in a while. All the best for your journey.

Advance Diwali/Christmas/New year wishes to you and your family.
Thanks BV-really flattered. All the best for you too and all Festival wishes in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
6 months will pass very quickly and you will be back for sure. And tell me something, these days internet is available in many places including Rotterdam I can imagine. So please start a new thread on your automotive experience there. Will look forward for that. What is happening to the City in the mean time?
dot- I am a sailor-at Rotterdam I will be very busy taking over from the outgoing chief engineer,so no time there.But whenever possible I will log in. the new thread is a good idea. My wife will take very good care of the City.
charthom is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 22:47   #850
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations of an excellent vehicle and a fine ownership thread. Sorry for the late entry and wishing that you return soon to enjoy your beloved. I too felt that these highly versatile HU's like Caska/Megaaudio have a lower sound quality.
dkaile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 01:17   #851
BHPian

Billions of bilious blue blistering barnacles!!....Charthom, this is bad... 6 months !!!! and that too when I just got back to team bhp after being in hiding for a while !. We will definitely miss you but I am sure 6 months will fly. We live in the same city, we should definitely catch up next time atleast. Bon voyage..and have loads of fun ! Like DOT mentioned, please try to give us some insight into the Rotterdam automotive scene.
Old 20th September 2011, 07:13   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Congratulations of an excellent vehicle and a fine ownership thread. Sorry for the late entry and wishing that you return soon to enjoy your beloved. I too felt that these highly versatile HU's like Caska/Megaaudio have a lower sound quality.
Hey dkaile,

Welcome onboard and thanks for the kind words Mate.

As per kirantp's posts(pl read a few previous pages) Caska etc are very powerful but the OE speakers are not powerful enough to handle them. Hence he upgraded to Alpine and the system became mind blowing.

Quote:
Billions of bilious blue blistering barnacles!!....Charthom, this is bad... 6 months !!!! and that too when I just got back to team bhp after being in hiding for a while !. We will definitely miss you but I am sure 6 months will fly. We live in the same city, we should definitely catch up next time atleast. Bon voyage..and have loads of fun ! Like DOT mentioned, please try to give us some insight into the Rotterdam automotive scene.
Hey Captain Haddock,

dot's suggestion is very inspiring-let me work out something. But at Rotterdam,we may stay for only about 3 days and I will be very busy taking over fronm the outgoing guy(I have to releve somebody you know-then only he can go home)

Will meet next time-FB. Let's hope to have plenty of action in March/April, 2012.

Have fun-Mates.

charthom.
Old 20th September 2011, 11:02   #853
BHPian

Hey chathom,
With regard to your 130/100 bulbs,have you noticed any fading of the reflectors?was 130/100 recommended by honda or you insisted on it?Am thinking of going for 100/90 just to be safe.
revintup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 10:17   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
Hey chathom,
With regard to your 130/100 bulbs,have you noticed any fading of the reflectors?was 130/100 recommended by honda or you insisted on it?Am thinking of going for 100/90 just to be safe.
@revintup,

So far nothing-but I am constantly verifying. Honda guys said I could do it-they even suggested and persuaded to some extent for HIDs. You may check up suggestions by others as I mentioned. Read a few pages of this tread and mdsaab's .

Whichever you choose- I wish you good luck, Mate.Drive responsibly and be considerate to the on coming traffic. Drive with head light position 2- low beam whenever possible.

Fellows,

This is my last post from home. Leaving in a short while.Hope to catch up eventually. Love you all.

charthom.
Old 21st September 2011, 10:22   #855
BHPian

Quote:
@revintup,

So far nothing-but I am constantly verifying. Honda guys said I could do it-they even suggested and persuaded to some extent for HIDs. You may check up suggestions by others as I mentioned. Read a few pages of this tread and mdsaab's .

charthom.
Does honda provide HIDs?any idea of the cost?Cost is the only factor am saying no to HIDs
revintup is offline   Reply With Quote