Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2011, 19:35   #76
BHPian
 
kirantp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 384
Thanked: 129 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

I am a proud owner of ANHC V MT since March'11 and I still haven't come out of the Honeymoon period with it. Have done BLR-Ooty-Kotagiri-Konoor-BLR and BLR-Tirupati-BLR so far. Its giving me approx 13.5-14 in City and 15.6-15.8 in Highways.

I will be going for tyre upgrade sometime in Aug'11. Just wanted to double confirm whether Michelin is the Only best available option or is there any other better brand that I can go for.

Cheers,
KTP
kirantp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2011, 21:42   #77
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 251
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
I am a proud owner of ANHC V MT since March'11 and I still haven't come out of the Honeymoon period with it. Have done BLR-Ooty-Kotagiri-Konoor-BLR and BLR-Tirupati-BLR so far. Its giving me approx 13.5-14 in City and 15.6-15.8 in Highways.

I will be going for tyre upgrade sometime in Aug'11. Just wanted to double confirm whether Michelin is the Only best available option or is there any other better brand that I can go for.

Cheers,
KTP
Hey KTP, what is the color of your ANHC? Please post some pics..
pamishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2011, 23:36   #78
BHPian
 
charthom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 652
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Friends,pouring rains is preventing me from posting some decent pictures of the car.want to present my lady tidy-hope you understand.Will soon post a write up with snaps on caska.

Quote:
sudeepg: I put the 3D kagu mats that you have and they look awesome!
@sudeepg,great to note about the kagu mats.They really brighten up the cabin.

Quote:
sudeepg: Be prepared for the bottom scraping out, especially if you have 4+1 and some luggage.
We are only 3 for most of the time.Still will keep you advice in mind.Very sweet of you to alert me.

Quote:
ra'ul M:On highways the AT somehow does not feel as relaxed as the manual.
Will keep this point in mind.Nice to note that you too are enjoying the leather seats.Do you have a small gap in the rear centre arm rest in stowed position to accommodate the hinge?

Quote:
FireBug:Charthom, forgot to ask - have you shelved your plans for a tyre upgrade ?.
I want to drive her more before deciding on the tyre upgrade.Don't know if I can manage 11.6 in Cochin.The plans are still alive-a bit skeptical.

Nice upgrades,BTW.With aspect ratio lowering to 60 from 65,did you notice any bumpy ride in yours? I am more worried bout the ride.

Quote:
kirantp:I will be going for tyre upgrade sometime in Aug'11. Just wanted to double confirm whether Michelin is the Only best available option or is there any other better brand that I can go for.
Nice to note that your honey moon is still on.Your decision for bigger bangles for the lady in Aug is more than welcome

Apart from Michelin.Yokohama C's are also suggested.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 00:22   #79
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 48
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
I put the 3D kagu mats that you have and they look awesome! My colleagues were simply impressed at the quality and trust me, keeping it clean and neat is very easy. Good luck
Hi Sudeep, I am planning to buy the 3D kagu mats (same Beige color as yours and Charthom). I checked it out today and even tried the piece on the driver side. It's a perfect fit !!. I have bought time until monday to do the actual purchase , I somehow am unable to trust myself to keep the beige mats clean. How easy it is clean these mats ??. The price quoted to me was Rs.4300/- .

Did any of you got these mats with their packing cover ?. The one I am offered at Global Tyres - Cochin comes in just a plain plastic bag. Is this ok ? I have seen another thread here on Linea which showcased 3d mats for that car along with its packing cover and that got me confused.
FireBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 01:43   #80
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 25
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Sorry for the late post, but congratulations! Great review, and yes, Honda City is still bought and still seen on the road in plenty.
Also, I hope your wife is recovering well now Drive safe!
Delhiwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 01:46   #81
BHPian
 
Dr.Suraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 573
Thanked: 991 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Nice Review Charthom.

Very touching and personal review.

Frankly I am not a fan of the Honda City, but this review really covered so many aspects and so many details,that it did touch a string somewhere.

Congratulations - for
making a buy that you are so happy with
respecting your wife's opinion and comfort and gently presenting her with something she was against
for noticing the extremely minor details and giving fair judgements
for giving adequate importance to Service, Presentation and Customer Management
for not going in for hearsay or prejudice - but making an informed decision based on YOUR needs and requirements.

Loved reading this. Congratulations once again !

P.S. - I know how back problems can be. I know of a wealthy gentleman who sold of a Mercedes S500 within 8 days of purchasing and bought an Audi A8 because the comfort for his 'backside' was not sufficient and upto his liking ! (2 years ago - not sure how really were the comfort levels between the 2 cars then)
Dr.Suraj is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 15:09   #82
BHPian
 
charthom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 652
Thanked: 262 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBug View Post
Hi Sudeep,How easy it is clean these mats ??. The price quoted to me was Rs.4300/- . Did any of you got these mats with their packing cover ?. The one I am offered at Global Tyres - Cochin comes in just a plain plastic bag. Is this ok ?
@FireBug,At Global tyres,I was offered 4250/- Care to save 50/-?

At Global tyres,they installed it for me-hence did not notice any covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Nice Review Charthom.

Very touching and personal review.

Frankly I am not a fan of the Honda City, but this review really covered so many aspects and so many details,that it did touch a string somewhere.

Congratulations - for
making a buy that you are so happy with
respecting your wife's opinion and comfort and gently presenting her with something she was against
for noticing the extremely minor details and giving fair judgements
for giving adequate importance to Service, Presentation and Customer Management
for not going in for hearsay or prejudice - but making an informed decision based on YOUR needs and requirements.

Loved reading this. Congratulations once again !

P.S. - I know how back problems can be. I know of a wealthy gentleman who sold of a Mercedes S500 within 8 days of purchasing and bought an Audi A8 because the comfort for his 'backside' was not sufficient and upto his liking ! (2 years ago - not sure how really were the comfort levels between the 2 cars then)
@Dr.Suraj,

Thanks for your kind words-which filled my eyes.Yes,to me my wife's comfort and my son's opinion were of utmost importance.This is the car we 3 unanimously liked.If it were for my personal use only,I might have probably considered the ANHV instead-or would have been content with my i10 rather.

Glad that you liked my account.I had put a lot of heart into this buy like most of other deeds in my life-I feel so elevated to be appreciated by like minded people who confirm that my approach is right.Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delhiwarrior View Post
Sorry for the late post, but congratulations! Great review, and yes, Honda City is still bought and still seen on the road in plenty.
Also, I hope your wife is recovering well now Drive safe!
@Delhiwarrior,
Hey,warrior welcome!! thanks for the appreciation.You must be having a smashing time with your i20 sportz-which, when narrated,yesterday made my friend with i20 magna go green in the eye!!

Last edited by khan_sultan : 26th June 2011 at 19:34. Reason: Back to back posts. You can use multi quote feature to quote from multiple posts, rather than reply to each post individually.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 15:46   #83
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 25
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
@Delhiwarrior,
Hey,warrior welcome!! thanks for the appreciation.You must be having a smashing time with your i20 sportz-which, when narrated,yesterday made my friend with i20 magna go green in the eye!!
Thanks, I love it here on team-bhp! Yes I am having a great time indeed, and I keep taking my car out even if there's nothing to do and nowhere to go

Infact, speaking of sportz vs magna, had a close escape in noida yesterday. The left ORVM was saved because of the autofold, otherwise a stupid cyclist (driving in the wrong lane!) would have definitely hit it. Driving in noida can be really stressful if one has a new car. I have decided to restrict myself to Delhi for a few days till the new car charm wears off!
Delhiwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 18:48   #84
BHPian
 
kirantp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 384
Thanked: 129 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Hey KTP, what is the color of your ANHC? Please post some pics..
pamishra, The color is Urban Titanium. Here are few pics from all sides. I have recently done leather seat covers from Karlsson and I will be posting the pics soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post

Nice to note that your honey moon is still on.Your decision for bigger bangles for the lady in Aug is more than welcome

Apart from Michelin.Yokohama C's are also suggested.
Charthom, Thank you for the tyre tips. Will evaluate both before deciding to go with one of them.
Attached Thumbnails
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-tmpsnapshot.jpg  

Attached Images
  

Last edited by khan_sultan : 26th June 2011 at 19:33. Reason: Back to back posts. You can use multi quote feature to quote from multiple posts, rather than reply to each post individually.
kirantp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 19:34   #85
BHPian
 
kirantp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 384
Thanked: 129 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Guys,

Here are two more pics of my ANHC after going for Karlsson leather seats. This is a new design that they worked for me having combination of Sandstone + Black that has come out very good.

Please do et me know your views.

Cheers,
KTP
Attached Images
  
kirantp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 20:16   #86
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 251
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
Guys,

Here are two more pics of my ANHC after going for Karlsson leather seats. This is a new design that they worked for me having combination of Sandstone + Black that has come out very good.

Please do et me know your views.

Cheers,
KTP
The seat covers are wonderful Kirantp! I see the steering is also wrapped in leather. Hasn't it increased the thickness of the steering wheel..is it comfortable to hold??

And the Urban Titanium looks so different in different light conditions and different angles. I guess, its originally brownish?

Last edited by pamishra : 26th June 2011 at 20:18.
pamishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 20:20   #87
BHPian
 
kirantp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 384
Thanked: 129 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
The seat covers are wonderful Kirantp! I see the steering is also wrapped in leather. Hasn't it increased the thickness of the steering wheel..is it comfortable to hold??
Thanks Pamishra. The steering wheel cover is not part of the package. I bought a readymade leather grip after hopping almost 5-6 car accessories in my vicinity. It fits the steering wheel just perfect which also gives a good comfortable grip to my big hands while driving.
kirantp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 20:47   #88
BHPian
 
kirantp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 384
Thanked: 129 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
And the Urban Titanium looks so different in different light conditions and different angles. I guess, its originally brownish?
Hey, I missed out on your 2nd question. The thing with Urban Titanium is that it gives out a feel of different colors during a bright day and it looks different during night and also during a cloudy day. The base color is kind of Brownish Grey. I personally evaluated this specific thing when the sales executive mentioned about it in the showroom.

Lots of my friends too have mentioned about the dual color thing at different times on a single day.

KTP
kirantp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 21:47   #89
Senior - BHPian
 
bluevolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,963
Thanked: 2,211 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
Guys,

Here are two more pics of my ANHC after going for Karlsson leather seats. This is a new design that they worked for me having combination of Sandstone + Black that has come out very good.

Please do et me know your views.

Cheers,
KTP
These are nice seat covers kirantp. How much they cost? Did you get these seat covers from Honda? I saw similar stuff when I bought one for my car last week during service from Honda showroom. Since I was interested in something which are identical to stock ones, I got these covers.
Attached Thumbnails
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-honda-city-leather-seats.jpg  


Last edited by bluevolt : 26th June 2011 at 21:54.
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 21:53   #90
BHPian
 
sudeepg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 526
Thanked: 1,226 Times
Default Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

@kirantp

Phew!!! Awesome man. I love the finishing. Great combination for the urban titanium. I think that all colors of the city look great. Today I saw a black ANHC with excellent set of alloys (sorry could not take a picture).

@ Firebug

As long as you do not get grease like things into the mat, you can use a soap liquid to clean the mats. I use the lifebuoy liquid soap and it works well and also gives it a good smell. My mats too came in plastic cover. I examined the material and did not feel that they were not genuine ones. I actually bought it from an authorized dealer for 3D mats. So I believe you should be fine.
sudeepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda City (4th gen) niggles: A compilation. Are Honda cars niggle-free anymore? CrAzY dRiVeR The Indian Car Scene 385 8th September 2017 12:18
Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol sawnilrules Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 82 26th December 2016 16:34
How an insignificant geek fell in love with Cars... and a Hi sunson Introduce yourself 9 26th April 2008 00:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks