Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd January 2013, 14:42   #106

Lightbulb Re: The New Fiesta Completes 1 Year in September

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
On September 8, 2012, the Fiesta and me completed one year and 16000 Kms. with each other on the roads of Delhi.

Niggles - slight vibration in the steering column at lower speeds, especially while parking.

The car was rear ended by an ill maintained Safari on Ring Road whose weak brakes could not engage on time (as per the owner driver of the vehicle). At least the person driving the car had the decency to acknowledge his mistake and apologize, which is much more than what can be usually expected.

I must say that the Fiesta is a solidly built car. The bumper took the impact very well, but the floor of the boot was severely damaged as the bull bars on the Safari got dislodged and twisted at an odd angle and hit the Fiesta from beneath. Luckily, the silencer, exhaust etc. escaped the damage.

Today, the car has completed 17300 Kms. and every time I start the car, it still brings a on a smile.
Hi Sugeeta
I am a Hyundai user, but this time I am seriously considering the New Fiesta Diesel for which I am looking at feedback from existing Fiesta users. Do you have a latest report that you can share? Thanks!
rishikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2013, 12:06   #107
BHPian

Default Re: The New Fiesta Completes 1 Year in September

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishikt View Post
Hi Sugeeta
I am a Hyundai user, but this time I am seriously considering the New Fiesta Diesel for which I am looking at feedback from existing Fiesta users. Do you have a latest report that you can share? Thanks!
Hi rishikt, sorry for the late response. I am not too regular on the forum nowadays - the famous Delhi traffic jams eat into all time I can manage to spare in my life.

The car has just returned from the 20K Kms. service on Jan 5 (done at 21K Kms.). Cost of 1st paid service was INR 5930.

No issues so far. Overall ownership experience is quite good.

And the best part is Ford has turned into a more customer friendly company than they were in my 10 years of association with them.
Sugeeta is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2013, 12:15   #108
BHPian

Default Re: The New Fiesta Completes 1 Year in September

Quote:
And the best part is Ford has turned into a more customer friendly company than they were in my 10 years of association with them.
Yes, I can second that. Even though they took lot of time to resolve the issue, the service manager earnestly did his best. Hope they continue with that then I'm very much interested in Ecosport

Also, the labor charges were very decent, only slightly more than say a non-authorized garage.

E.g. For a total bill of Rs.12K, the all inclusive labor was only around Rs.800.

Also, they did not charge for at least 4 bottles of brake fluid which they used during diagnostics, to identify the breaking issue.

Cheers
MKP
mkpiyengar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2013, 15:11   #109
BHPian

Default Re: Ms. Temptation's Victim - My New Ford Fiesta Sedan (Diesel)

Just bumped into this thread. It was nice to go through your thread Sugeeta! I remember you as an active member in the thread about Ford launching the new fiesta. I was also in the fray to buy the new fiesta but the insane pricing by Ford put me off. Finally settled for ANHC (in first week of September 2011), which has now done 18 K kms.
Happy driving!
breezydrive is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2013, 18:17   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Just bumped into this thread. It was nice to go through your thread Sugeeta! I remember you as an active member in the thread about Ford launching the new fiesta. I was also in the fray to buy the new fiesta but the insane pricing by Ford put me off. Finally settled for ANHC (in first week of September 2011), which has now done 18 K kms.
Happy driving!
Hi breezydrive;Ford Motors is known to be a spoiler of sorts as far as pricing is concerned. But the car is surely great to drive.

Congratulations for your new car. The Honda series is a winner all the way and with that I wish you thousands of happy and safe miles with you car. I am sure you will not regret your purchase.

I used to be active but work commitments got the better of me. These days I dream of quitting in the next few years and spend the rest of my life as a gypsy - driving and exploring new places.
Old 21st October 2014, 14:11   #111
BHPian

Posting after a long long time

The Fiesta completes 44000 Kms earlier this week. My driving time has reduced a lot but the Fiesta remains my primary ride.

Absolutely need a change in wheels now and would be seeking recommendations for a suitable set, post Diwali.

Cheers
Sugeeta
Sugeeta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2016, 23:53   #112

Hi Sugeeta,

I'm planning to buy a pre owned 2011/9 Fiesta driven 37000 kms, have read all your posts. Given you were one of first buyers of this gem would like to hear how it has aged for you. Any major niggles you might have experienced.

Regards, Nitesh

Quote:
Posting after a long long time

The Fiesta completes 44000 Kms earlier this week. My driving time has reduced a lot but the Fiesta remains my primary ride.

Absolutely need a change in wheels now and would be seeking recommendations for a suitable set, post Diwali.

Cheers
Sugeeta
niteshsharmab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2016, 07:12   #113
Team-BHP Support

HI Sugeeta,

Do you still own the 2011 FORD FIESTA 1.5 TDCI? I am asking because your signature line refers to many older cars, but not the car of this thread. Also, there has not been an update in a long time.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2016, 19:26   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
HI Sugeeta,

Do you still own the 2011 FORD FIESTA 1.5 TDCI? I am asking because your signature line refers to many older cars, but not the car of this thread. Also, there has not been an update in a long time.
Hi Samurai,

Yes. I still own the 2011 Fiesta. Going strong at 62k Kms. Planning to drive it to a lakh kms hopefully (fingers crossed).

I have not been posting due to certain NDA clauses for automotive chips we have been associated with. It should be over in the next few months.

But that does not mean I have not been reading the forums.

Thankyou for the concern.

Best Regards & God Bless
Sugeeta