Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 6th August 2011, 01:11   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: 3500 kms completed!

Congratulations Nilesh! The Vento looks so beautiful in this shade of blue. If its a Vento, it got to be The Blue

Would request you take more pics of the Vento with monsoon effect. Post 66, photo no.2 is a prime contender. I love these shots to bits.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ighline-5.html

Thanks
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2011, 11:28   #107
BHPian

Default Re: 3500 kms completed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Congratulations Nilesh! The Vento looks so beautiful in this shade of blue. If its a Vento, it got to be The Blue

Would request you take more pics of the Vento with monsoon effect. Post 66, photo no.2 is a prime contender. I love these shots to bits.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ighline-5.html

Thanks
Thanks, Sheel. Yes, I too love how the car looks in the monsoon. Will take some time out for some more photos!
nileshch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 06:10   #108
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Bringing home the blue teutonic beauty - VW Vento TDI Highline

Hi Nilesh, just dropped in again to say that your car, in this color, looks absolutely fantastic. I know I have said this before, but the more pictures I see of your blue teutonic beauty, the more I feel like saying this. I love your narration, your long drives and the pictures of the car that you shoot. I have successfully convinced one of my relatives to go for the blue Vento by showing the snaps in this thread. He was hellbent on getting a white Vento.

Is automotive photography an hobby for you just like me? Because, I can see that both of us get busy in shooting our cars whenever we get some time.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 12:12   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Hi Nilesh, just dropped in again to say that your car, in this color, looks absolutely fantastic. I know I have said this before, but the more pictures I see of your blue teutonic beauty, the more I feel like saying this. I love your narration, your long drives and the pictures of the car that you shoot. I have successfully convinced one of my relatives to go for the blue Vento by showing the snaps in this thread. He was hellbent on getting a white Vento.
Thanks arvi86! Its a joy to know that you like the colour so much. It's been more than a month now. Even today, I peep out from my porch to admire the colour. The varied shades of blue it radiates at different times of the day is just awesome!

Quote:
Is automotive photography an hobby for you just like me? Because, I can see that both of us get busy in shooting our cars whenever we get some time.
Absolutely. I am a shutterbug and love to capture the car, among other things, at all possible occasions!

---

By the way, I am planning another 600km trip the coming long weekend. Will be posting the travelogue and the pictures when I get back!
Old 9th August 2011, 16:37   #110
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Hi Nilesh
If you are still looking for quality seat covers- go to Karlsson, its located behind odyssey. The person there is a great guy- gives super quality and service. He stands for his quality so you may not be able to bargain much, but worth the money. Check that out.
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 18:08   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Hi Nilesh
If you are still looking for quality seat covers- go to Karlsson, its located behind odyssey. The person there is a great guy- gives super quality and service. He stands for his quality so you may not be able to bargain much, but worth the money. Check that out.
Thanks, mkh. Yes, I am still looking for seat covers. Searched for the address. It is very close to my house! Will just drop in and check out what they have.
Old 17th August 2011, 09:26   #112
BHPian

Cool Trip to Pondicherry

What a hectic Tuesday! phew! Finally some time to write. It was a quick decision. Me and the Blue were itching to go for a long drive and the missus kindly obliged! So we drove to Pondicherry for the long weekend. Much to my realization that everyone and their uncle had accompanied us!

TBHPians had posted in the Pondicherry route thread that a detour from the normal route would be better due to the road conditions. Excited to drive more, I took the Bangalore-Krishnagiri-Kanchipuram-Chengalpattu-Tindivanam-Pondy route, which is about 100kms more than the T'malai route.

Left Bangalore at 5:30am on Saturday. Stopped for breakfast at Arya Bhavan before Vellore at 7:50am. The NH4 is a gorgeous road all the way till Kanchipuram, where we turned into the town and hopped on to SH58. After touching Chengalpattu, we hopped on back to another gorgeous 4-lane highway, the NH45. Crossed Tindivanam and onto NH66 towards Ponducherry. This was the most beautiful stretch of the journey. Reached the hotel at 11:50 am. A total time of 6.5 hours for a distance of 420 kms. As usual, the Blue gave an awesome mileage of 19.4 kmpl.

Spent the afternoon relaxing at the hotel and stepped out in the evening for a walk at the sea-facing promenade. Ended the day with some street shopping. Pondy has some real cheap deals on the bazaar streets, especially on the weekends. By the way, at this time of the year, Pondy is really hot and humid. So stepping out in afternoons is a no-no, unless you want a nice tan.

The next day, we drove off to Mahabalipuram. Like someone said, the journey is more important than the destination. We wanted to go on the East Coast Road and Mahabalipuram was just the excuse! It is an awesome drive. The road is relatively empty during the daytime, driving is fun, with all the straights and the curves and the backwater hugging road. We took quite a few breaks on the road, soaking in the scenery and the clean air!

Friends had suggested going to Auroville but we skipped it and instead plonked ourselves on the beach when coming back to Pondy. Spent a couple of hours there relaxing and doing, umm, nothing. The day ended again loitering in the streets.

The next day we went to see the sunrise on Goubert Avenue. And we left for Bangalore immediately after breakfast. The drive back was not so exciting. So decided to cut short the time and take the original NH66 route through Tiruvannamalai. The road was good till T'malai. It got worse after that. I had to slow down to 60-70kmph. In the last stretch of 15 kms before Krishnagiri, the road disappeared and all I could see was a moonscape. We braved it and crossed K'giri hopping back to NH4. After that it was really fast. It took us 5 hours to come back, travelling 320 kms, reaching Koramangala at 1:00pm for a quick meal at Sukhsagar. Spent the rest of the day watching movies and again doing nothing.

Some statistics:

Total distance travelled in the trip: 920kms
Average mileage: 18.97kmpl

Here are some photos:

On the NH4
Name:  IMG_0569.jpg
Views: 1497
Size:  115.2 KB

Evening at Goubert Ave, Pondy
Name:  IMG_9740.jpg
Views: 1507
Size:  90.0 KB

The Blue at ease in the town
Name:  20110813IMG_9739Edit.jpg
Views: 1571
Size:  252.3 KB

On the East Coast Road
Name:  IMG_0578.jpg
Views: 1501
Size:  184.1 KB
Name:  IMG_0597.jpg
Views: 1493
Size:  134.9 KB
Name:  IMG_0603.jpg
Views: 1499
Size:  137.4 KB
Name:  IMG_0609.jpg
Views: 1478
Size:  163.1 KB

The ancient temples at Mahabalipuram
Name:  IMG_9753.jpg
Views: 1454
Size:  202.0 KB
Name:  IMG_0594.jpg
Views: 1430
Size:  283.7 KB

The beach near Pondy Univ
Name:  IMG_9755.jpg
Views: 1438
Size:  161.8 KB

Sunrise at Goubert Ave
Name:  IMG_9795.jpg
Views: 1421
Size:  116.6 KB
Name:  IMG_9823.jpg
Views: 1390
Size:  70.1 KB
nileshch is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 09:52   #113
Senior - BHPian

Awesome pics Nilesh & congratulations once again on completing an eventful drive. The roads in the pics would have been a treat to drive. Your Vento seems to be paying tribute with all devotion to the ancient Shiva temple of Mahabalipuram in the backdrop.

Happy mile crunching
AutoIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 10:24   #114
BHPian

Brilliant photographs, especially " the Blue at ease in the town". I am really tempted to take a print out and put it up.
Congratulations on the car, and the shade of blue is my favourite. There is a similar car in my building and I always slow down while walking past it. Almost feel like patting it everytime!!
sraye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 13:36   #115
Senior - BHPian

Awesome snaps Nilesh. I love the "Blue at ease in town" and the pictures of your Vento in ECR. Its good to see another maniac (hope you don't mind me using this term) like me who stops oh so often on the streets to take snaps of his car as well apart from the surroundings and portraits.

I need to draw some inspiration from you and steal some time to write about my long drive over the long weekend too. Keep them coming buddy!
arvi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 14:23   #116
Senior - BHPian

Nileshch - Was looking forward for this travelogue and everytime I see your car in photographs, makes me repent my decision to go for white colour, Fantastic as usual.

One question - Did you find the reflection of the dashboard on the windscreen to be a bother when driving under bright light conditions? I could see the reflection in one of your photographs and annoying thing with this is - its right there in your line of sight. Your thoughts?
bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 14:29   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Trip to Pondicherry

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
What a hectic Tuesday! phew! Finally some time to write. It was a quick decision. Me and the Blue were itching to go for a long drive and the missus kindly obliged! So we drove to Pondicherry for the long weekend.
Awesome Nilesh! You have a way with clicking photos. Ideal vacation spot of the blue Wind
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 15:42   #118
BHPian

Default Re: Trip to Pondicherry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Awesome pics Nilesh & congratulations once again on completing an eventful drive. The roads in the pics would have been a treat to drive.
Thanks! They really were a treat!

Quote:
Your Vento seems to be paying tribute with all devotion to the ancient Shiva temple of Mahabalipuram in the backdrop.
Yes, and we gave a dakshina of 500 bucks in her name to the temple too. In the excitement of taking that photo, wifey dropped her wallet somewhere and we couldn't find it. We consoled ourselves saying that was the dakshina to the gods!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraye View Post
Brilliant photographs, especially " the Blue at ease in the town". I am really tempted to take a print out and put it up.
Congratulations on the car, and the shade of blue is my favourite. There is a similar car in my building and I always slow down while walking past it. Almost feel like patting it everytime!!
Haha, thanks sraye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Awesome snaps Nilesh. I love the "Blue at ease in town" and the pictures of your Vento in ECR. Its good to see another maniac (hope you don't mind me using this term) like me who stops oh so often on the streets to take snaps of his car as well apart from the surroundings and portraits.
Absolutely not. We are maniacs anyway to be discussing these things on a forum! Be my guest. Just to let you know a secret - I have more photos of the car on my mobile than those of my wife!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Nileshch - Was looking forward for this travelogue and everytime I see your car in photographs, makes me repent my decision to go for white colour, Fantastic as usual.
Thanks Bala. I now feel guilty for your misery. If you want, I can stop posting the pics

Quote:
One question - Did you find the reflection of the dashboard on the windscreen to be a bother when driving under bright light conditions? I could see the reflection in one of your photographs and annoying thing with this is - its right there in your line of sight. Your thoughts?
Yes, it does get annoying at times. The reflection is visible as can be seen from the photos. At night, the headlight switch illumination reflects from the RHS window, right at the point where the rear view mirror is visible from the line of sight (don't know if I am explaining this well)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Awesome Nilesh! You have a way with clicking photos. Ideal vacation spot of the blue Wind
Thanks vb-san!
Old 17th August 2011, 15:50   #119
Senior - BHPian

Awesome pictures Nilesh , I just drool at your teutonic . You got the angles just right . I spent around a year in Chennai in 2001 and did about 10 trip on my M 800 on ECR , its such a gorgeous road . I hope its as awesome now as it was before . Cruising along in the Vento should have been great. How did the AC stack up in the summer heat ? Pondi should have been hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post

Bala , I found it irritating - its more a problem across cars and becomes more acute when the comparatively low slung . I sorted it out by wearing anti glare glasses - most of the decent brands such as Ray Ban , Polaroids, etc have the ones readily available. I am not aware of any other cure.
souravc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 16:35   #120
Senior - BHPian

I think you are right. Low slung along with high set dashboard kind of alleviates it all the more. Im used to the swift and scorpio which have high perched driver seats and hence never bothered about it so far. My daily wear glass is supposed to have this anti-glare coating, but then I dont think it makes a lot of difference anyways!

I was more interested to know if it is the choice of color in the vento, since I havent seen any polo owners complain about it so far which has a black/beige combo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post

Bala , I found it irritating - its more a problem across cars and becomes more acute when the comparatively low slung . I sorted it out by wearing anti glare glasses - most of the decent brands such as Ray Ban , Polaroids, etc have the ones readily available. I am not aware of any other cure.
bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote