Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 9th October 2016, 16:14   #121
Default re: My 3 Cylinder Ride - Maruti Wagon R VXI ABS - 57,500 km! Update - Clutch replaced

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
What else was performed other than the clutch replacement? I remember being quoted around 5K @ the MA$$ for a clutch replacement for my Swift D(around the 1L km milestone). The 6K seems to be a bit on the higher side to me. Did you enquire how much would the MA$$ charge for the same work?

The Wagon R's poor low end torque could be the reason why it needed a quicker replacement. The thing needs to be revved like nuts to get moving in the B2B traffic.

And it's a fine car if treated with respect and am sure it can go on & on. It's a very comfy car for the elders due to the tall set up, ingress & egress are easy, and the sitting position is good for urban rides.
You are right about the cost. The MASS quoted 5.7 k plus taxes for clutch replacement which should be somewhere around 6k finally. The only other work was replacement of the coolant. Plus my dad had to bear the pain of buying the parts himself by roaming across the city to multiple MGP outlets. The mechanic has definitely not overcharged as the only payment I made to him is the labour charges. But this shows that the rate quoted by MASS is decent.

And about the clutch, i second your opinion. The poor low end torque is one of the main flaws of this car! Trivandrum also has so many gently sloped roads and stop-and-go in such conditions require the extensive use of clutch + revving. Compared to the K10, my Nano feels so easy to drive through the city as it's got decent low end torque. While randomly talking to my mom about replacing the car, she definitely did not mind it as she found the Wagon R to be lacking enough power to pull on comfortably with a decent load and the Air-Con on though she loves all the positives as you have rightly put.
freakmuzik is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote