Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2011, 15:33   #31
BHPian
 
Chrome6Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 149
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: My new "Fluidic" Hyundai Verna 1.6L Diesel

Can you please help me answer a question? As you know I've also booked the Verna and have a question about its ICE. I read in Matranik's thread that the HU has 2 preouts. I'm planning and researching what ICE upgrades I want to make and I want to know if the 2nd preout is rear / sub switchable. Does the HU have sub adjustment control? Please let me know if you have a chance to check. Thanks!
Chrome6Boy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2011, 15:36   #32
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 389
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: My new "Fluidic" Hyundai Verna 1.6L Diesel

hi JK007, read that the rear seat is not comfortable espcially if 3 people were to sit there and that the middle seat in the rear is raised compared to the side seats.. is this true.. some more comments on this.
jinu_joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2011, 17:24   #33
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 63
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: My new "Fluidic" Hyundai Verna 1.6L Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
Can you please help me answer a question? As you know I've also booked the Verna and have a question about its ICE. I read in Matranik's thread that the HU has 2 preouts. I'm planning and researching what ICE upgrades I want to make and I want to know if the 2nd preout is rear / sub switchable. Does the HU have sub adjustment control? Please let me know if you have a chance to check. Thanks!
Oops. Im not an ICE freak. But will try to check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinu_joseph View Post
hi JK007, read that the rear seat is not comfortable espcially if 3 people were to sit there and that the middle seat in the rear is raised compared to the side seats.. is this true.. some more comments on this.
Rear seats are not superb but fine. Middle seat is like in any other car that has arm rests in the rear. I would say it is as comfortable as sitting in a merc

If you want to seat 3 comfortably in the rear, IMHO Tata Manza does the trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Congratulations on your Fluidic.

I agree 100%. The interiors of Verna is not in the league of its exteriors.
There is crome, there is wood trip, a bit of plastic.. They got it a little messed up.

It is its biggest advantage over the Vento.
Thanks! All I would say is that the interiors could have been a bit better especially the wooden trim. But, I would say that they used too many textures and colors but have managed to pass. But not impress like the exteriors and the powertrain.
jk007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2011, 17:34   #34
BHPian
 
fuel_addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 688
Thanked: 111 Times
Default Re: My new "Fluidic" Hyundai Verna 1.6L Diesel

Congrats JK on buying the Verna. The car looks fantastic, more so in the white shade. Comparing the new Verna with the old, the new one looks way too futuristic.

The wooden trims on the interiors look a bit out of place but knowing Indians' love of chrome and wood, Hyundai had to join the race.

17 kpl mileage is impressive for a 1.6L engine. Happy driving.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 6th July 2011 at 17:35.
fuel_addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2011, 21:18   #35
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 63
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: My new "Fluidic" Hyundai Verna 1.6L Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Congrats JK on buying the Verna. The car looks fantastic, more so in the white shade. Comparing the new Verna with the old, the new one looks way too futuristic.

The wooden trims on the interiors look a bit out of place but knowing Indians' love of chrome and wood, Hyundai had to join the race.

17 kpl mileage is impressive for a 1.6L engine. Happy driving.
Thank you for your kind words. Yes, the Verna looks brilliant in white. There is no comparison between the new and the old. Verna Transform was never transformed. But the Verna RB is what is called transformation. However, the City too had a worthwhile change about 3 years back.

I hope it stays at 17 kmpl. Have traveled about 500 kms in 10 days. And it returned an average of 16.5 kmpl. Pretty happy with the performance.
jk007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 08:06   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DL9C
Posts: 2,517
Thanked: 2,248 Times
Default Re: My new "Fluidic" Hyundai Verna 1.6L Diesel

Congrats on the fluidic! It sure is setting the sales chart on fire since the last 2 months!
Please do post up some better pics of the car, inside out!
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 18:09   #37
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 48
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: My new "Fluidic" Hyundai Verna 1.6L Diesel

Hi JK, guess I already congratulated you on the buy so would go straight to the question. My friend who bought this car recently works with a hotel in Munnar, a hillstation in kerala. He says while the car is awesome on the plains it is not half as good on the ghats. He says the people in the backseat gets tossed around and the car struggles through the winding roads !. Have you driven uphill anywhere ? Want to know whether its a one off case of bad driving or a general issue !
FireBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2011, 12:55   #38
BHPian
 
charthom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 652
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: My new "Fluidic" Hyundai Verna 1.6L Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
It is supposed to accept hard drives through USB.But frankly,I never tried.I will try out and come back.Sorry for the delay in response and for keeping you waiting
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk007 View Post
@charthom: No worries. Do check it out when you find time.
jk,apologise for the delay.Hope you didn't mind.

Yes the Caska indeed plays video files from USB. I tried a pen drive,please see the snaps-the video quality is obviously only as good as the original MPEG clip.Shots of moving video looks a bit blurred too.

But the audio was surprisingly crisp. The HU did full justice to the enchanting music of Bond.

I became greedy and connected a 1 TB hard drive which the system refused to recognise!!




Caska HU playing Bond from a pendrive via USB.

My new "Fluidic" Hyundai Verna 1.6L Diesel-dsc00498.jpg

My new "Fluidic" Hyundai Verna 1.6L Diesel-dsc00501.jpg

My new "Fluidic" Hyundai Verna 1.6L Diesel-dsc00516.jpg


Hope this information helps. If you add a sub woofer to your system can you
post the details- I found the bass a bit vague for the Caska/OE speaker combination.

Love,charthom.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2011, 14:03   #39
BHPian
 
Equus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 872
Thanked: 158 Times
Default Re: My new "Fluidic" Hyundai Verna 1.6L Diesel

How do you rate the engine compared to the older Verna & accent CRDI? I simply loved the Verna CRDI (and even more so in the Getz!)
Equus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2011, 14:47   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
Reinhard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,121
Thanked: 1,195 Times
Default Re: My new "Fluidic" Hyundai Verna 1.6L Diesel

Hey JK, hearty congratulations and wishing you unlimited safe & happy Fluidic miles.

The Verna F, is IMO the BEST looking Hyndai to hit our roads so far. In fact its one of the most well designed & proportionate cars around. (Ironically, the Verna Transform was the worst one on this front.) In most other cases it feels like the designers started from front or rear & were tired by the time they reached the other. Take the upcoming Fiesta for instance - The rear just doesn't make any sense with the rest of the body.. (I can think of only City & Linea in this segment to be designed with as much devotion.) The Fluidic is feature loaded to the brim, but its the looks that make me pause at least. They've given a lot of attention to little details. Even the fog lamps are awesome. I'm a bit disappointed with the ICE HU though...

The 1.6 CRDi is really a good motor. Enjoy it!

And I'm in the club of people who've already posted in your thread to request you post more & detailed pictures please. Its an eye candy this Fluidic, do it justice with a proper camera instead of cell phone
Reinhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2011, 21:22   #41
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 63
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: My new "Fluidic" Hyundai Verna 1.6L Diesel

Im Back after some hectic travel. Missed my beauty for a few days though. Will take it for a spin now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Congrats on the fluidic! It sure is setting the sales chart on fire since the last 2 months!
Please do post up some better pics of the car, inside out!
Thank you. The sales should be even better after the horrendous pricing of the Fiesta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBug View Post
Hi JK, guess I already congratulated you on the buy so would go straight to the question. My friend who bought this car recently works with a hotel in Munnar, a hillstation in kerala. He says while the car is awesome on the plains it is not half as good on the ghats. He says the people in the backseat gets tossed around and the car struggles through the winding roads !. Have you driven uphill anywhere ? Want to know whether its a one off case of bad driving or a general issue !
Sorry, I dont care about the people in the back. The fun is always in the drivers seat. Im quite unsure if that would be the case. Will definitely update on that once I do any ghat section. That should anyways happen in any car at faster cornering speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
jk,apologise for the delay.Hope you didn't mind.

Yes the Caska indeed plays video files from USB. I tried a pen drive,please see the snaps-the video quality is obviously only as good as the original MPEG clip.Shots of moving video looks a bit blurred too.

But the audio was surprisingly crisp. The HU did full justice to the enchanting music of Bond.

I became greedy and connected a 1 TB hard drive which the system refused to recognise!!
Thank you for your update. Have you stashed your USB drive in the dash? OMG! 1TB of music and videos would have been great if it was caravan than the ANHC. The best thing to do with the ANHC is to drive it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
How do you rate the engine compared to the older Verna & accent CRDI? I simply loved the Verna CRDI (and even more so in the Getz!)
Much more refined and smooth. One of the best things of the car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Hey JK, hearty congratulations and wishing you unlimited safe & happy Fluidic miles.

The Verna F, is IMO the BEST looking Hyndai to hit our roads so far. In fact its one of the most well designed & proportionate cars around. (Ironically, the Verna Transform was the worst one on this front.) In most other cases it feels like the designers started from front or rear & were tired by the time they reached the other. Take the upcoming Fiesta for instance - The rear just doesn't make any sense with the rest of the body.. (I can think of only City & Linea in this segment to be designed with as much devotion.) The Fluidic is feature loaded to the brim, but its the looks that make me pause at least. They've given a lot of attention to little details. Even the fog lamps are awesome. I'm a bit disappointed with the ICE HU though...

The 1.6 CRDi is really a good motor. Enjoy it!

And I'm in the club of people who've already posted in your thread to request you post more & detailed pictures please. Its an eye candy this Fluidic, do it justice with a proper camera instead of cell phone
Thanks! Agree with you on the Fiesta. Looks like the designers dozed off and had to complete the design in 30 seconds when they woke up. And ended up with that rear design.

ICE is OK for OEM. Could have been better. Anyways I'm in for a CASKA soon. So, wouldn't bother.

I see there is scope for the club to gift me a top of the line DSLR
jk007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2011, 21:56   #42
BHPian
 
charthom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 652
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: My new "Fluidic" Hyundai Verna 1.6L Diesel

@jk007,

Yes the USB is stashed in the dash.

Your long silence was noteworthy.Hope you were bust with the Fluidic beauty.

Regarding the unsettled ride in the ghats,I am afraid the Fluidic beauty is a bit more unsettled than a few competitors and the back seat ride can be close to an ordeal-but then fluid flows-and is susceptible to free surface effect,right
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 15:07   #43
BHPian
 
junkishya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 141
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: My new "Fluidic" Hyundai Verna 1.6L Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk007 View Post
Thank you! I know that mathranik, got the 1st in here and a carbon grey petrol verna in the hands of fluidic_fan. But, Im guessing there are a couple of others who have got theres. If not, delighted to be on the podium
I would be happy to join you at the podium JK, got my Verna 1.6 SX VTVT on Sunday, 5th June .. but haven't got time yet to take even a snap of it ... have completed only 1600 kms on it so far ..
junkishya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 16:33   #44
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 63
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: My new "Fluidic" Hyundai Verna 1.6L Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
@jk007,
Regarding the unsettled ride in the ghats,I am afraid the Fluidic beauty is a bit more unsettled than a few competitors and the back seat ride can be close to an ordeal-but then fluid flows-and is susceptible to free surface effect,right
I prefer the driver's seat in any car (but an Audi A8 would be an exception) so really cant tell if its unsettling. But no one has complained about the rear yet. Though the best rear in this segment has to be your ANHC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkishya View Post
I would be happy to join you at the podium JK, got my Verna 1.6 SX VTVT on Sunday, 5th June .. but haven't got time yet to take even a snap of it ... have completed only 1600 kms on it so far ..
Congrats! Do post your ownership experience. Im sure it has been wonderful. Any accessories/mods you plan to do?
jk007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 17:08   #45
BHPian
 
charthom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 652
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: My new "Fluidic" Hyundai Verna 1.6L Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkishya View Post
I would be happy to join you at the podium JK, got my Verna 1.6 SX VTVT on Sunday, 5th June.
Congrats dude!! What colour?

Quote:
have completed only 1600 kms on it so far ..
Already 1600 kms,still not even a mention so far

Anyway, please start your thread right away. Accessories planned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk007 View Post
Though the best rear in this segment has to be your ANHC.
Well thanks. I had to make sure that all 3 seats were good.

When is your Caska coming?Have you inquired about MEGAAUDIO?They too have similar systems,as per the ads.

Ph:09810369888./info@megaaudio.co.uk/www.megaaudio.co.uk
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai Verna Fluidic SX 1.6L Diesel: The Street Hawk Amyth Prabhakar Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 162 9th November 2015 16:55
Hyundai Verna fluidic 1.6 CRDI SX(O) -Diesel Rocket abhi_k007 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 75 21st August 2014 16:33
Another diesel joins the family - Fluidic Hyundai Verna Amey Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 11 4th October 2012 14:42
My new car - The New Fluidic Hyundai Verna 1.6 SX(O) CRDI MT gandavadi Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 28 24th July 2012 15:06


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:25.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks