Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 15th July 2011, 09:04   #196
BHPian

Default Re: When truck drivers go hatch hopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
. Continuously declining sales will definitely be making M&M anxious.
Dude get your facts correct. Verito is doing steady and reasonably good numbers. In May - June 2011 time period verito sales have increased even though the entire industry went down.
JediKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 10:16   #197
BHPian

Tanveer - I have been reading your thread for last couple of days and also read your views on the Figo D. I recently picked up a Figo D for my dad. I have also driven it for about a week but felt the power is kind of adequate, even for the highway. Anyway, that's not the point as you have tried it twice as well.

What I wanted to suggest was if Figo D, other than engine fits all other requirements perfectly, then why not consider it and use Pete's tuning box. Exi variant + tuning box will still be close to Ritz VDI prices and below 5.5L. Not sure if you are open to this type of idea but might want to think about it if Figo otherwise meets all the requirements (which I think it does, reading your comments).
amit1234singla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 11:32   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
Tanveer - I have been reading your thread for last couple of days and also read your views on the Figo D. I recently picked up a Figo D for my dad. I have also driven it for about a week but felt the power is kind of adequate, even for the highway. Anyway, that's not the point as you have tried it twice as well.

What I wanted to suggest was if Figo D, other than engine fits all other requirements perfectly, then why not consider it and use Pete's tuning box. Exi variant + tuning box will still be close to Ritz VDI prices and below 5.5L. Not sure if you are open to this type of idea but might want to think about it if Figo otherwise meets all the requirements (which I think it does, reading your comments).
Excellent thought amit1234singla. If everything else other than the engine was ok with tsk then why not.

I went on the internet and found that there is a cost of 40K involved in pete's installation for 1.4TDCi. Wonder why is it so costly.

There is a cheaper and effective solution available in Germany. It is called race-chip.
If any of you can get it from there(through friends in Germany) it is just 129 Euros(9000INR and 1/5th the price of pete's) and the power output for 1.4TDCi is a promising 88bhp and increased torque also.

With that highway scorching is sure. City driving already good.
And to top it, this is a plug on installation means when you take it to a service center you can un plug it and no warranty issues. it is self install as well. waiting to lay my hands on this.

check out this website Chiptuning von RaceChip - die Powerbox für sicheres Motor Tuning

I am posting this here since i will be able to get your opinion on this as well.

Thanks
figo_mba is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 12:07   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
Excellent thought amit1234singla. If everything else other than the engine was ok with tsk then why not.

I went on the internet and found that there is a cost of 40K involved in pete's installation for 1.4TDCi. Wonder why is it so costly.

There is a cheaper and effective solution available in Germany. It is called race-chip.
If any of you can get it from there(through friends in Germany) it is just 129 Euros(9000INR and 1/5th the price of pete's) and the power output for 1.4TDCi is a promising 88bhp and increased torque also.

With that highway scorching is sure. City driving already good.
And to top it, this is a plug on installation means when you take it to a service center you can un plug it and no warranty issues. it is self install as well. waiting to lay my hands on this.

check out this website Chiptuning von RaceChip - die Powerbox für sicheres Motor Tuning

I am posting this here since i will be able to get your opinion on this as well.

Thanks
Why don't you post it on Figo thread as well? More owners can benefit there.

Here's the Figo link:

http://www.racechip.de/racechip-chip...Ci-4224-r.html

EDIT: I posted on your behalf

Last edited by vina : 15th July 2011 at 12:18.
vina is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 12:38   #200
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
Heh Heh, No offense meant bro. It is this one comment made by GTO that over shadowed my thought.

Anyways when so many different options are being explored then maybe he could have a look at it!

You never know what happens when truck drivers go shopping for a hatch!
Actually, I am tsk1979, not GTO . Our requirements are totally different! GTO already has a Honda sedan, I do not have a similar trouble free vehicle.
And where I live(Delhi) a Thar will be missing seats and everything else after parking for 2 hours.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 15th July 2011 at 12:40.
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 13:47   #201
BHPian

Call it a coincidence or whatever else, but a close friend of mine is in a similar dilemma. He's out in the market for a hatch and he doesn't want to touch the TATA/FIAT's, i20 is a stretch on the budget, the Swift is...... well..... a bit old, the Ritz is better than the rest, but then lacks space and looks hideous. My immediate reply to him was to try the Micra D, which well... was shot down because it looks girlie (i'd call it unconventional styling).

Now, with news that the new Swift is around the corner, it's a better bet to wait for it and check it out too. Else I think the Micra D is a pretty competent hatch.

.... And, Happy Shopping, again!!
iceman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 15:18   #202
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
Why don't you post it on Figo thread as well? More owners can benefit there.

Here's the Figo link:

Chiptuning RaceChip - Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi, 1399ccm, 51kW (ca.69PS)

EDIT: I posted on your behalf
OT..but there is a dedicated thread,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...g-options.html
Vishal.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 20:53   #203
Senior - BHPian

Today we drove the micra. Although its not in our next buy list we still went ahead with the drive. This car does not have any GC at all. Small mountains near our house which baleno climbs without letting her under touch the micra on the other hand not only touched but gave a massive thud it felt as if something surely broke. Also the equipment list was confusing. Remember reading GTO review that it has audio with Aux and USB did not find in the car i drove, also there is no varient which has everything. Petrol top end does not have alloys and deisel does which was vierd.
mayankjha1806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 22:02   #204
Senior - BHPian

Tanveer,
Excellent writeup.

Since you are already TDing vehicles. May i suggest you TD indigo cs so to say. If it doesnt add already to your woes

Rahul
Rahulk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 23:23   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
We will be booking the car in September. So we have time to check out the new swift.
You are in Luck. There is an un-official confirmation from some guy I know from Toyota that the Liva diesel will be here by next month. May be Toyota are doing the wait & watch for the new Swift diesel pricing.
zulfi hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 23:25   #206
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Tanveer,
Excellent writeup.

Since you are already TDing vehicles. May i suggest you TD indigo cs so to say. If it doesnt add already to your woes

Rahul
I think you missed my jaunt into the Tata showroom and the horrible vista experience
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 11:56   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I think you missed my jaunt into the Tata showroom and the horrible vista experience
I missed it too surprisingly. I have been following your thread very closely
Palio_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 17:24   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
You are in Luck. There is an un-official confirmation from some guy I know from Toyota that the Liva diesel will be here by next month. May be Toyota are doing the wait & watch for the new Swift diesel pricing.
Wo,wo,wo. Hold there,
Liva diesel by next month?
What about all the news of diesel in Etios "only by december 2011 or later" ?
Any reliable confirmation , cause this is a big scoop.
DicKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 18:50   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Wo,wo,wo. Hold there,
Liva diesel by next month?
What about all the news of diesel in Etios "only by december 2011 or later" ?
Any reliable confirmation , cause this is a big scoop.
Even I was equally surprised, but that guy had been to the plant for his training on Liva (Petrol), and coincidentally got his hands on the diesel version also. He said that the diesel version will have the same engine which comes in Corolla Altis, but with a different turbo (fixed geo) and power settings. He further said that the Liva diesel might as well come before the Etios or together at one go is what he had to say. The inside talk is to wait for the new Swift launch mainly with its pricing on radar, based on which they are going to finalize their pricing. Chances are that the Etios diesel may be delayed only because of the new Swift Dzire (under 4000mm model), as they want to see its pricing and how the market reacts to that car in comparison to their. Not that they will price Etios diesel in competition with the Swift Dzire (CS), but more concerned with what they will do with the existing one, will they continue the old one and still have the CS version is to be seen, like what TATA did with Indigo range. Considering Indigo CS was a fare hit in the rural market. But one thing is for sure, Toyota will not lose time (to grab market share) once the new Swift is launched, its only matter of time after that. All this is because the Japs do not believe in correcting prices unlike Ford & GM. They do it once and they do it right.
zulfi hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 19:00   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
Even I was equally surprised, but that guy had been to the plant for his training on Liva (Petrol), and coincidentally got his hands on the diesel version also. He said that the diesel version will have the same engine which comes in Corolla Altis, but with a different turbo (fixed geo) and power settings. He further said that the Liva diesel might as well come before the Etios or together at one go is what he had to say. The inside talk is to wait for the new Swift launch mainly with its pricing on radar, based on which they are going to finalize their pricing. Chances are that the Etios diesel may be delayed only because of the new Swift Dzire (under 4000mm model), as they want to see its pricing and how the market reacts to that car in comparison to their. Not that they will price Etios diesel in competition with the Swift Dzire (CS), but more concerned with what they will do with the existing one, will they continue the old one and still have the CS version is to be seen, like what TATA did with Indigo range. Considering Indigo CS was a fare hit in the rural market. But one thing is for sure, Toyota will not lose time (to grab market share) once the new Swift is launched, its only matter of time after that. All this is because the Japs do not believe in correcting prices unlike Ford & GM. They do it once and they do it right.
That is indeed good news. With almost all the manufacturers in, I thought All new swift would be the last to come in. Oh no now we have Liva Diesel.

I hope Liva diesel which is OK OK in looks gets the corolla engine and tight suspension.

Hey I do not agree Japanese don't re price their offerings though, Remember Versa; But hey toyota has perfect track record on that too.
figo_mba is offline   Reply With Quote