Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 6th July 2011, 20:45   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: When truck drivers go hatch hopping

Tanveer, one quick word of caution - don't buy any of these cars with your heart or head; I'd suggest buying one based on the feedback from your lumbosacral region. Trying to get out of a low-slung car parked so close to another the door doesn't open full wide, is a great way to start off your back pain all over again. Until I sold my Accent, it hurt to get in and out of it every day. The Swift has no such issues, but with the i20 I feel a little less at ease.

I'd still like to hear your feedback of the Micra Diesel. TD it while you are car hunting, I am sure a lot of folks would be benefited by your viewpoint.
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2011, 21:42   #107
Senior - BHPian

If thats also a point to consider than im sure Tanveer will be going for Ritz.
Even my parent always tell me how easy it is to get in and out of the Ritz compared to other hatches .
And after being used to Safari im sure he and his family will find this easy in case of Ritz.
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 10:33   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Our 2.2 VTT after being kept at TASS, Bajla Motors, Siliguri for 5 days & due to non availability of original clutch plates, counterfeit were fitted.

Luckily for us, someone within the showroom played spoil sport & called us up. Needless to say the other 2.2's would be going at TASS till extended warranty and move on to independent garages until & unless we find unsuspecting customers and throw up this web at them

Off to Toyota or Mitsu then
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 14:03   #109
Team-BHP Support

So ritz plan is on hold now after todays news, that Maruti has started new Swift production. August 15 launch means we can get delivery sometime in August(probably).
So after TDing new swift, the final decision will be taken, whether to go for Swift or Ritz. The current gen swift does not have anything to justify the 20K+ extra over ritz
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 14:22   #110
Senior - BHPian

Is there any update on the pricing of the new Swift? if teh new Swift is priced higher than the existing one, you may then want to consider if that hike is worth it.

Of course, this wont be an issue if you are fine to wait the additional month and a bit or if the new Swift is priced the same as or lower than the existing one.
selfdrive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 14:27   #111
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Is there any update on the pricing of the new Swift? if teh new Swift is priced higher than the existing one, you may then want to consider if that hike is worth it.

Of course, this wont be an issue if you are fine to wait the additional month and a bit or if the new Swift is priced the same as or lower than the existing one.
No idea about pricing. Thats why, come august, we will see ritz price and new swift price. If the difference is 50-60K we will give it a pass, but if its much less, then it becomes a contender.
That said, I don't really expect the new swift to be priced significantly higher.
Old 7th July 2011, 14:34   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
So ritz plan is on hold now after todays news, that Maruti has started new Swift production. August 15 launch means we can get delivery sometime in August(probably).
So after TDing new swift, the final decision will be taken, whether to go for Swift or Ritz. The current gen swift does not have anything to justify the 20K+ extra over ritz
So the TD of Vista QJet is shelved now? I was hoping to read about your TD experience considering that you are a owner (i am still trying to figure out if i should say proud owner based on your experiences ) of 2 earlier TATA cars.
amitwlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 14:35   #113
Senior - BHPian

I agree, waiting for 1 month to test drive the new swift is a good option.

Just curious, have you thought of that mini xylo?
govigov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 14:35   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No idea about pricing. Thats why, come august, we will see ritz price and new swift price. If the difference is 50-60K we will give it a pass, but if its much less, then it becomes a contender.
That said, I don't really expect the new swift to be priced significantly higher.

Best of luck - I hope new Swift comes up to your expectations (and does not result in a price rise -though that is unlikely)

BTW - did you TD a Vista as you were planning to do? If you did, can you write a brief review of that too?
vina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 14:44   #115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
So the TD of Vista QJet is shelved now? I was hoping to read about your TD experience considering that you are a owner (i am still trying to figure out if i should say proud owner based on your experiences ) of 2 earlier TATA cars.
I cannot bring myself to walk into a Tata showroom again, because 99% about 2 years from now we will walk into the tata showroom and buy a merlin or something. So two Tata's once again....
Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
I agree, waiting for 1 month to test drive the new swift is a good option.

Just curious, have you thought of that mini xylo?
It will cross 6 atleast, and there are some lines which I do not wish to cross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
Best of luck - I hope new Swift comes up to your expectations (and does not result in a price rise -though that is unlikely)

BTW - did you TD a Vista as you were planning to do? If you did, can you write a brief review of that too?
No TD of vista yet, maybe I do TD the vista, maybe not. Can't promise.
Old 7th July 2011, 14:45   #116
BHPian

I second your opinion to wait for the new Swift.

New Swift has all the benefits of the old model and is safer (read ZDI with airbags and ABS).
kevintomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 14:56   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If the difference is 50-60K we will give it a pass, but if its much less, then it becomes a contender.
Im sure the new swift will definitively have a ZDI model and that will surely be more than 50k then the present VDI models .
So i guess if you wait for the new swift then the ZDI will be model to wait for , otherwise i dont think it will make much difference .

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 15:03   #118
BHPian

I read your first post and believe me it livened up a gloomy afternoon for me Well written and inviting enough for me to add a comment . I could only manage to read few other posts on this thread , so sorry if i am repeating anything.

That you are not considering the Punto is surprising . Considering you have everything you are looking for and a bit more in terms of technology with the Punto.

Not wanting to walk back to a Tata Showroom is not a very convincing excuse. You have so well researched the cars and so particular in your details shows that its the product that matters. The A.S.S is best known to you after having experienced 2 Tata cars.

I had 2 Tata Cars (Indica 2002 and Marina 2005 till now) and didnt have any inclination of going back to TATA showroom again. But when it came to choosing my next car i gave every car the same unbiased TD and Linea won the Heart and Mind . After 50000 km with Linea in 2 Years , comments like the poor A.S.S or the spare parts problems are very surprising to me especially when it mostly comes from hearsay and not own personal experiences.

Happy motoring and may you get over the Truck Ordeal and enjoy your next beautiful hatchback soon
FastLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 15:30   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

You are speaking as if we are non Tata owners, and we are staying away from Tata based on other stories.
You are wrong. I go to Tata service centers every now and then. Its good, but after having two troublesome vehicles from Tata why should I trust somebody's word that the quality out of the factory has improved?
Two months ago I met a safari owner, His car is giving electrical problems. The car had done 2000kms in one month, and on a highway trip they were stranded on the highway. TASS sent a recovery vehicle free of cost, which is very nice. Very few other mfrs do that. I was sent a recovery technician by an overnight bus in a remote village in HP. No charge. All parts changed under warranty with no charge.
Most Tata bashers and Tata lovers miss the point. The problem with TATA used to be the customer care and After sales service. This is no longer the case. Their TASS centers now are among the most customer friendly. I have experienced this personally. The problem is with the stuff which comes out of the factory. No amount of good customer care can compensate for incompetent quality departments.
A car is more than a quadrajet engine. There are lots of things like power windows, AC, starter motors, Alternators, sensors which are important in a car.
Till you show me a news report that tata has changed the suppliers of axillary components in the last two months after frequent failures, I find it hard to believe that they have changed.

tsk - Someone asked be about a Punto today (earlier when I was searching I had rejected Punto partly on the grounds that TASS will be servicing the vehicle) - the guy is in the process of buying a car and Punto has him go gaga

I was reminded of the comments you had written on the thread earlier (quoted above) - my question is, assuming Fiat's build quality is way better than that for Tata and is on par with other manufacturers - after sales service from TASS should not worry potential buyers.

What is your view on this?
vina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 15:32   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Kya yaar no story of other TD's? Least you can do for your fan following here is do other TD's till Swift in its new avtaar is released. Livens up our lives!!
sudev is offline   Reply With Quote