Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2011, 19:06   #46
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 48
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT

Oops..I did it again

Guess I need to do my homework right next time I write a review. In the review I wrote the sunfilm make is V-kool but infact its LLumar !!..just found the bills and thought I would upload. Moderators, if you are reading this please help correct this mistake in the review as well as the date of purchase (I wrote 2011 instead of 2010)

Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT-firebugfilm.jpg

Secondly, my upgraded headlight bulbs are Philips 12569RA 100/90w. I read something on the bulb cover that might interest you ! I didn't know this !!

Name:  FirebugPhilipsbulbspecs.jpg
Views: 2167
Size:  492.9 KB
FireBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2011, 19:15   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
libranof1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 3,623
Thanked: 2,622 Times
Default Re: Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT

Sun-film worth 8k?! What's special about them? And what do those 2 entries specify - diff. one for the front windshield?

About the lamps : "not approved for public roads"?! You get them from the dealer itself, right? Did you try putting the headlight on highbeam and standing in front to check how harsh/blinding the beam is?
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2011, 20:34   #48
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 48
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Sun-film worth 8k?! What's special about them? And what do those 2 entries specify - diff. one for the front windshield?

LLumar was suggested by my friends who had it installed in their cars. Guess its a brand on the higher side.

Llumar PP 70 - Ultra performance sputtered - visible light 70%, Solar energy rejection -38%, Visible light reflected - 18%, UV rejection - 99%

LLumar steel 50 - High performance sputtered - visible light 50%, solar energy rejection - 41%, visible light reflected - 13%, UV rejection - 99%

Both come with 5 year warranty.

About the lamps : "not approved for public roads"?! You get them from the dealer itself, right? Did you try putting the headlight on highbeam and standing in front to check how harsh/blinding the beam is?
Yep, its on the bulb cover. I got it installed from the dealer only. I did not check the power of the lights the way you mentioned. But then I see in various forums that people are installing more powerful bulbs. Guess the point is, even 90w is illegal going by the cover disclaimer.
FireBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2011, 01:39   #49
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 48
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT

Today in front of my favorite bakery shop I spotted an incredibly well maintained and good looking Linea parked next to my car !.My mobile phone pic does not do justice to the actual looks of that Black Linea, it indeed looked great !!

Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT-firebuganhcmeetslinea.jpg
FireBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2011, 08:14   #50
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hyderabad/Blr
Posts: 645
Thanked: 150 Times
Default Re: Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBug View Post
Oops..I did it again

Secondly, my upgraded headlight bulbs are Philips 12569RA 100/90w. I read something on the bulb cover that might interest you ! I didn't know this !!
Yes 100/90w is not approved in India for roads, that is the reason manufacturers stick to 60/55w. But these days most get 100/90w fitted soon after they buy a car, as stock bulbs are does not have sufficient throw.
shamanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2011, 09:44   #51
BHPian
 
charthom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 652
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBug View Post
Today in front of my favorite bakery shop I spotted an incredibly well maintained and good looking Linea parked next to my car !.My mobile phone pic does not do justice to the actual looks of that Black Linea, it indeed looked great !!

Attachment 574939
Nice Linea. "The Black Beast Bathed in chrome!!" But all that glitters is not ANHC

Where is this favourite bakery?The tiles look familiar!!
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 02:20   #52
BHPian
 
revintup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kottaym
Posts: 381
Thanked: 242 Times
Default Re: Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBug View Post
Oops..I did it again


Secondly, my upgraded headlight bulbs are Philips 12569RA 100/90w. I read something on the bulb cover that might interest you ! I didn't know this !!

Attachment 574266
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
About the lamps : "not approved for public roads"?! You get them from the dealer itself, right? Did you try putting the headlight on highbeam and standing in front to check how harsh/blinding the beam is?

I belive the area erased or highlighted with the green marker says its not for use in public roads in europe.Please verify.Its another matter that they are illegal indeed.

please dont post misleading photos.
revintup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 02:53   #53
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 48
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
I belive the area erased or highlighted with the green marker says its not for use in public roads in europe.Please verify.Its another matter that they are illegal indeed.

please dont post misleading photos.
In Europe ????. Hello Revintup, the bulb cover pic i uploaded had nothing written about Europe anywhere. I scanned that image from the original cover and I highlighted the area so that attention can be drawn into it fast.. also I don't think what was written on the cover was earth shattering news enough for me to mislead people..bottom line is I found what was written there interesting so I uploaded it..as simple as that !

I also wonder why a philips bulb cover with a calcutta address on it talk about what not to use in Europe.

Well , I just googled "philips 100/90w" for images and came across the below image. Its part of a discussion of another Indian car forum, please see for yourself. Thanks !

Name:  bulbs.jpg
Views: 1816
Size:  43.7 KB

Last edited by FireBug : 19th September 2011 at 03:02. Reason: to add more content
FireBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 11:45   #54
BHPian
 
revintup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kottaym
Posts: 381
Thanked: 242 Times
Default Re: Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT

Ok firebug,My bad

Actually i have 130/100 philips in my swift and it was written 'not for use in public roads in europe' on the cover.The workshop guy had got it for me so dont know about the origins of the bulb.And i dont have the packs with me either.Now wondering whether only the 130/100 comes with the 'europe warning'.

The airs cleared i hope?

And my interest in your thread is that i booked a City SMT last week and was wondering whether to go for 130/100 or would 100/90 suffice?
revintup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 13:16   #55
BHPian
 
charthom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 652
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBug View Post
In Europe ????. Hello Revintup, the bulb cover pic i uploaded had nothing written about Europe anywhere.

Attachment 611670
Hey FireBug,

Nice to see that you are back with a bang! and glad to see your thread alive again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
And my interest in your thread is that i booked a City SMT last week and was wondering whether to go for 130/100 or would 100/90 suffice?
Hey revintup,

Thanks for shaking up the Kumbha Karna

Regarding the bulb upgrade- I have put 130/100 on my UT beauty.please see the cover.

Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT-bulb.jpg

I have to admit the visibility has been fantastic. But the suitabilty-I suggest you go though the discussions on mdsaab's thread and mine too on the New City.Especially the inputs by RemingtonSteele. 100/55 with long range is being favoured I believe.

Congrats on the new booking. Update with snaps and a review.All the best.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 14:31   #56
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sgiitk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 7,102
Thanked: 3,683 Times
Default Re: Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT

Gentlemen - please note the 'Not Approved for Public Roads'.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 16:19   #57
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 48
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
Ok firebug,My bad

Actually i have 130/100 philips in my swift and it was written 'not for use in public roads in europe' on the cover.The workshop guy had got it for me so dont know about the origins of the bulb.And i dont have the packs with me either.Now wondering whether only the 130/100 comes with the 'europe warning'.

The airs cleared i hope?

And my interest in your thread is that i booked a City SMT last week and was wondering whether to go for 130/100 or would 100/90 suffice?
Not an issue bro.. was just trying to clarify my part !. Thanks for bringing me back to Team-bhp ...like Charthom quoted, I was being a kumbh karna.
FireBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 10:16   #58
BHPian
 
revintup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kottaym
Posts: 381
Thanked: 242 Times
Default Re: Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBug View Post
Not an issue bro.. was just trying to clarify my part !. Thanks for bringing me back to Team-bhp ...like Charthom quoted, I was being a kumbh karna.
Actually i have been following each and every single ownership thread for getting information about honda city reviews and also to get an idea of the discounts available.But i was shocked to see that discounts in kerala are too less.Or is that mallus arent posting about the discounts?

I got 75k off for my SMT,OTR 8.4.

And while i didnt want to wake you up from your slumber,i was pretty sure that you would respond.

And respond firebug did,with FIRE,making sure none would BUG him again

revintup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 22:21   #59
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 48
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
Actually i have been following each and every single ownership thread for getting information about honda city reviews and also to get an idea of the discounts available.But i was shocked to see that discounts in kerala are too less.Or is that mallus arent posting about the discounts?

I got 75k off for my SMT,OTR 8.4.

And while i didnt want to wake you up from your slumber,i was pretty sure that you would respond.

And respond firebug did,with FIRE,making sure none would BUG him again

75k ? wow..thats really good..i am one of the unlucky ones who bought it much before the price cut. At the current price, ANHC is very very competitive and if performance is the only criteria will easily thump every other car in this segment hands down.

haha, you are free to bug me anytime revintup..no more spitting fire, i am growing old !
FireBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 20:46   #60
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Owning a champion - my Honda City S-MT

Thanks for the wonderful review. It's amazing how much I share your thoughts and feelings. Infact, I too am a proud owner of a one day old honda city EMT which was bought without even test driving any other car whatsoever.

Went with my friend in my spark to book a jazz for him and accidentally test drove city and ended up booking it the very next day (of course, i too had to go through the tedious process of convincing my wife the need to buy a new car). read this review because i plan to upgrade with mag alloys and wider tyres.
thomaslees is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
City City Bang Bang! 1000 kms Report of my Honda City SMT roadie_swift Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 39 4th June 2015 15:52
Hirvonen wins Rally Perth...Loeb is WORLD CHAMPION! turbo_v12 Int'l Motorsport 2 2nd November 2006 01:57
Rossi/Yamaha world MotoGP champion 2005 Gurkha Int'l Motorsport 7 28th September 2005 11:12
Who will be F1 Champion? aseem Int'l Motorsport 3 7th September 2005 16:51
2005 F1 champion speedsatya Int'l Motorsport 21 26th March 2005 13:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:25.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks