Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2006, 12:30   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
HM should realise that people who buy sporty-looking cars for 10 + lakhs don't like getting blitzed at the signals by cars that cost half as much. Cedia needs more horses very badly.
looks like HM hasnt learnt from the lancer 1.5 feedback.



Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra
Lancer:
Length: 4290 mm
Width: 1690 mm
Height: 1430 mm

Baleno:
Length 4225 mm
Width 1690 mm
Height 1390 mm

Its around 2.5 inches longer and an inch higher - hardly any "bigger" ... so lets not get cheeky about the size here

I agree with the sturdier part though - and it is a better handler.

Also, in the VFM part - how can HM ever beat MUL's service availability and much much lower priced spares. FYI, lancer spares cost twice as much as the baleno - in fact they are even higher than an Optra and a Corolla.

and while lancer costs 6.6 L for the lowest end, baleno costs 5.5 L - there is a lakh of a difference here
my friend those are the exterior dimensions plus even a few inches make a big difference. the cabin of the lancer is bigger than the baleno. Though certainly not big enough to compete with the C+ segment cars like optra and Octavia.

HM service has been as good as Maruti. Superb at half the places and just about average to bad at other. But maruti certainly benefits from more number of dealerships. about the price of spares HM has been reasonable of late with 25% reduction at first and then 60% reduction afterwards. The parts are of better quality and last longer too. Baleno is certainly delicate in front of lancer. And no lancer parts are not more expensive than corolla and optra. I am a lancer owner since last 3 years and the only cost has been the oil and filter change.

and while you there is no low end or high end lancer anymore I am confused how you got that price for a low end. there is just one lancer available.


I had started a thread baleno,lancer,city comparo sometime ago. please feel free to post there if you want after reading what many have to say.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...no-lancer.html (My take on the NHC, Baleno & lancer)


certainly not many favour the lancer as it is an under-rated car now.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2006, 14:43   #32
BHPian
 
goldie_malhotra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 757
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
my friend those are the exterior dimensions plus even a few inches make a big difference. the cabin of the lancer is bigger than the baleno.
do you have any specifications to justify that claim. i have driven and been driven in both and find the interior space similar - with the baleno's ride being a notch more comfortable
so you see - its subjective ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
HM service has been as good as Maruti. Superb at half the places and just about average to bad at other. But maruti certainly benefits from more number of dealerships. about the price of spares HM has been reasonable of late with 25% reduction at first and then 60% reduction afterwards. The parts are of better quality and last longer too. Baleno is certainly delicate in front of lancer. And no lancer parts are not more expensive than corolla and optra. I am a lancer owner since last 3 years and the only cost has been the oil and filter change.
Its good that you have had a great experience - but all might not ride in the same boat. my friends have had bad experiences with maintenance on their lancers.

and for the spares prices - please read the ACI nov, 2005 issue, and the light will dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
I had started a thread baleno,lancer,city comparo sometime ago. please feel free to post there if you want after reading what many have to say.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...no-lancer.html (My take on the NHC, Baleno & lancer)
whoa - that was one heck of a ping-pong match
just goes to show how passionate guys are about cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
certainly not many favour the lancer as it is an under-rated car now.
correction - many dont favour lancer because of various criteria - hence they rate it lower
and its not the other way around

Last edited by goldie_malhotra : 16th February 2006 at 14:46.
goldie_malhotra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2006, 15:41   #33
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: B'lore
Posts: 146
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra

FYI, lancer spares cost twice as much as the baleno - in fact they are even higher than an Optra and a Corolla.
-Wrong, The spares are not as expensive as being quoted. Speaking with experience since My Dad's car had done 2 lac kms+ ( now sold). Guess that is a good mileage on the odo to be confidently speaking about maintenance. My Petrol Lancer has now put in close to 30k kms nothing major encountered so far. Average servicing costs to about Rs1.5k.
-We are going off topic here though.
Ajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2006, 18:40   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
shuvc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 2,895
Thanked: 283 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay
-We are going off topic here though.
True .. Lancer Cedia ..
If I were in the market for that segment of cars (size wise) .. I'd have already bought a) The Elantra b) The Optra 1.6 before even considering it.

IMO, even looks wise, the old Lancer was better. Specially the LE. Drool drool. Cedia comes across as disproportionate from certain angles. I find even the Elantra to be a better looker
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2006, 20:04   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
True .. Lancer Cedia ..
If I were in the market for that segment of cars (size wise) .. I'd have already bought a) The Elantra b) The Optra 1.6 before even considering it.

IMO, even looks wise, the old Lancer was better. Specially the LE. Drool drool. Cedia comes across as disproportionate from certain angles. I find even the Elantra to be a better looker
Never could have agreed more. I personally feel that cedia is not legible to be the successor to the excellent lancer 1.5

I back HM on trying to take a big initiative and bring in so many models at a time and open so many dealerships. But they should have waited for the new lancer which is launched this year to take on the civic. The current laner is already a generation old and addtionally the cut in power.

my verdict is HM needs to hire better Brand managers.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2006, 12:13   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
shuvc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 2,895
Thanked: 283 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
Cedia comes across as disproportionate from certain angles. I find even the Elantra to be a better looker
Maybe I spoke tooo soon .. I'm ready to eat my words and take back quite a bit of it.
Saw a dark blue/gray Cedia yesterday. In the flesh it does not seem that disproportionate. Actually looks quite good !
Just goes to show that snaps do not tell the whole story.

HOWEVER , I parked my Baleno alongside and it didn't feel too much longer although the difference is 370mm. I mean it just does not have the presence of the Optra/Corolla/Octavia. It looks more like it belongs to the City, Lancer 1.5, Baleno club .. maybe slightly bigger.
So back the old cliche .. it could have been a major success if it replaced the old Lancer .. but at 11 L OTR .. tough, very tough.
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2006, 21:17   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

It happens sometimes that we fill a particular car is looking good.

It maybe a certain colour with certain accessories at a certain time, but I still feel cedia doesnt match lancer 1.5

compared to the corolla though its a much better car.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2006, 18:43   #38
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 178
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Saw a yellow cedia (sport) last night. Definitely much better looking on road than in pictures!
harishsegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2006, 04:50   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

saw an original Cedia( Indian Cedia is N.American Lancer). Cedia IMO looks much better than the lancer. The Original cedia could have been the successor to the lancer 1.5
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2006, 11:09   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
shuvc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 2,895
Thanked: 283 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
but I still feel cedia doesnt match lancer 1.5
I've narrowed down to what I don't like about the Cedia's looks.
A Lancer without trapezoidal headlights .. somehow loses it's character ...
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2006, 11:54   #41
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 22,384
Thanked: 14,314 Times
Question

What is the right pronunciation of Cedia? I has assumed it would be K-D-Ya, but I saw somebody on TV say C-D-Ya.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2006, 12:37   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
shuvc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 2,895
Thanked: 283 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
What is the right pronunciation of Cedia? I has assumed it would be K-D-Ya, but I saw somebody on TV say C-D-Ya.
I believe it is either -
See-Dee-Ya
or
Say-Dee-Ya

Don't think it's Kay-Dee-Ya
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 02:00   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
I believe it is either -
See-Dee-Ya
or
Say-Dee-Ya

Don't think it's Kay-Dee-Ya

It's not Kay-Dee-Ya.

Depending on the way you pronounce both
Say-Dee-Ya and See-Dee-Yaa are correct.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2006, 03:22   #44
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: delhi
Posts: 16
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

the cedia is ok if priced arnd 7 to 8 lakhs ......
speed_n_sexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2006, 04:58   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_n_sexy
the cedia is ok if priced arnd 7 to 8 lakhs ......

y so?

its engine is as powerful as a skoda
its as spacious as corolla
Its got the biggest boot
Its the most FE vehicle
Its newer platform
Its got as much kit as optra
Its interiors are better than elantra

why should it be sold at 7-8 lakhs.Its bigger, more powerful, better built, better kit than the NHC that sells at 7-8 lacs.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cedia Spirit relaunched as cedia sports basic at Rs. 9,30,000 sidindica The Indian Car Scene 42 4th August 2010 00:16
Need help - Cedia, SX4, Optra or ANHC ? EDIT : The Cedia it is! kartho Sedans 59 23rd November 2009 13:59
Lancer Cedia on EVO engine? pandabear Modifications & Accessories 33 29th November 2008 23:56
Optra vs. Lancer cedia vs. City vtec Arnav_Kacker Sedans 0 23rd February 2006 18:16
Cedia to replace Lancer. v12 The Indian Car Scene 42 3rd November 2005 02:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:48.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks