Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 22nd March 2006, 10:23   #16
BHPian

thanks buddys

i have booked carbon black but bit confused on cherry red

will add a 14" league alloys with goodyear eagle f1 and a K & N filters

i think these will look good on black than red
toms_2191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2006, 10:28   #17
BHPian

thanks steeroid,

plese suggest where can i get best deal on alloys and tyres in cochin?
toms_2191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2006, 10:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toms_2191
plese suggest where can i get best deal on alloys and tyres in cochin?
For tyres just go to Global Tyres @ Palarivattom (to your right about 1/2 km before Popular Maruti, as you come from the city) - they import tyres and supply most of the tyre dealers in south india.

For Alloys, PM Artofzen, kphilip or Malludude.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2006, 13:27   #19
BANNED

Many congratulations on your purchase - good buy!

Quote:
lumber support in front seat is poor compared to other cars.
That's surprising - I need to check the Xeta out.

Quote:
The change i noteced is the rollon rates in various gears which has improved considerably than last generation petrol indicas. never felt gear shifting as a task as expected.
The gear shift will get better over time. Gear shifts in the petrol version are a lot easier than the diesel versions - I speak from personal experience.

Quote:
so guys wish me luck for my new indica xeta GLG
You got it - please feel free to PM me if you need any help with anything. My March 2003 Indica LSi hasn't let me down ever in the last 56000+ km.
hrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2006, 13:56   #20
BHPian

I just brought home, my XETA GLS yesterday!
abdriver2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2006, 16:05   #21
BHPian

congrats abdriver and toms on your new purchase. guess you are the first few owners of xeta amongst our members. looking forward to your ownership reports, especially would like to know the actual mileage.

happy driving.
tifosi.
tifosikrishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2006, 16:06   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000
I just brought home, my XETA GLS yesterday!
Whoa!!! All of a sudden we are having an influx of Xeta in our forums. Good for us all... now we will get some real feedback.

Congrats nonetheless buddies... I am sure you won't be unhappy with the immense value that Indica carries. Nice buy mate.

@hrag: believe me, the diesel shift is nothing like what people speak about. I know as I have two of them in the family. The earlier one was a bit more inane in terms of feedback (feels like you are moving a stick in the mud... but never difficult to shift) but the newer one ("refreshing series, BS-III) has a shift that seems to let you know every time it slots in and yet moves effortlessly between the gates. So they have definitely improved across both petrol and diesel
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2006, 16:12   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna
congrats abdriver and toms on your new purchase. guess you are the first few owners of xeta amongst our members. looking forward to your ownership reports, especially would like to know the actual mileage.

happy driving.
tifosi.
Maybe in our forum, yes. But the local dealer here said that for the 1st time they are actually looking upto selling petrol cars as much as the diesel ones what with the enquires pouring in and several getting converted as well.

But I have a lurking suspicion somewhere... yes, tata has definitely added value through improved interiors, performance and even FE but the strongest pull people are seeing is in value terms (a-la diesel)... for something on this side of 3L ppl are actually getting soooo much of a car. And that could be a potential leathal weapon that they have unveiled... This is exactly what killed the competition in the diesel segment (vis-a-vis Zen-D and Palio-D).
Old 22nd March 2006, 16:19   #24
BHPian

1 question. The indicas come with only one reversing light. There is a slot provided for the other. Anyone knows how to get both working? Why does it have this symmetrical glitch in the first place?

Last edited by abdriver2000 : 22nd March 2006 at 16:20.
Old 22nd March 2006, 16:28   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
1 question. The indicas come with only one reversing light. There is a slot provided for the other. Anyone knows how to get both working? Why does it have this symmetrical glitch in the first place?
Haa haaa haaaa... welcome to "the riddle". Every Indica buyer asks that as one of the first questions I guess Actually speaking it beats the logic. Official line is that "it is a provision for fixing a rear fog lamp" for cold and misty regions. I think that is basically all bull. :P This is just a very stupid way to cut costs. Just like not providing a left ORVM. Only that this one is even more stupid. Afterall how many cars do they sell in the "foggy regions" vis a vis the plains to make such an awkward ommission?

You can however get a regular bulb fixed in the slot, I believe. Though I am yet to open the lights to check whether the holder is of a different type to hold a rear fog lamp. My new Indica is still running with only one reverse light after all these months (8). The older one came with both the bulbs though.
Old 22nd March 2006, 16:32   #26
BHPian

You mean you simply have to fix a bulb? I thought you needed to wire it also. If the wiring is already there, i will get the bulb fixed during my first service or maybe before then also
Old 22nd March 2006, 16:35   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
This is just a very stupid way to cut costs. Just like not providing a left ORVM. Only that this one is even more stupid. Afterall how many cars do they sell in the "foggy regions" vis a vis the plains to make such an awkward ommission?
Supposedly following Euro standards just like the first lot of Ford Ikons (made for India)
hrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2006, 17:01   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag
Supposedly following Euro standards just like the first lot of Ford Ikons (made for India)
heinnn heinnn heinnnnn... Euro standards on made-for-india cars... that too only when it comes to giving less! I really fail to understand why they feel that Indians are fools.

Quote:
You mean you simply have to fix a bulb?
Oh yes. When they say "provision for rear fog lamps" (their exact words in the brochures) they at least truthfully mean a provision. And that means everything is already there, you just fit-in the bulb. Just providing a hole in the name of provision for fog lamps will be a little too much I guess That is why I said just saving on the cost of a bulb is real stupid. Provide it mannn... if the buyer needs to he will take it out and replace it with a fog lamp.
Old 22nd March 2006, 17:43   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
But I have a lurking suspicion somewhere... yes, tata has definitely added value through improved interiors, performance and even FE but the strongest pull people are seeing is in value terms (a-la diesel)... for something on this side of 3L ppl are actually getting soooo much of a car. And that could be a potential leathal weapon that they have unveiled... This is exactly what killed the competition in the diesel segment (vis-a-vis Zen-D and Palio-D).
Zen-D and Palio-D were not great cars in themselves - one was underpowered and the other too bulky - could never compete with the Indica in any way.

However, the Xeta might suffer on accounts of lower FE than the alto, and the fact that base models of Santro are placed right alongside it ...
goldie_malhotra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2006, 17:56   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag
I wonder if somebody can clarify whether this is indeed some sort of Euro standard and what the reason for it is....my Smart comes with just ONE reverse lamp too (I havent noticed this in other Euro cars, but I will keep an eye out from now on - kb100 or someone else at the Cochin meet mentioned this is some sort of Euro requirement).
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote