Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 29th July 2011, 15:26   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987

I really hope central locking is included in the Citys to come. Does Chicca have it?

And 1 a/c-cooled chubby hole - wishful thinking!
If you lock the driver side lock manually you have central locking. Yes it's not automatic and I appreciate it as our accent has it and its a pain because if you have the key in place it auto locks the door and also eats a lot of battery.
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2011, 17:57   #137
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi mdsaab,
Coming here after quite some time.
Nice snaps !
The brushed silver inserts look much better than the chrome parts like in the TFort. Wish the door latches etc of the TFort were of brushed silver finish.
That driver's side cubby space/hatch is for all your tickets, valuables and knick knacks etc. A space which for the passenger could be superfluous - I guess as these items wouldn't be stored there. And while driving alone this space is a boon as the items can be retrieved in a jiffy - so I guess it's missing on the other side.

So still having great fun with the golden babe is it ? Much to the chagrin of Chicca I presume.
Hey Guderian thanks for stopping by. I am totally enjoying the Golden Beauty. and folks if it has to be a relative then let us stick with SIS! Thanks a lot Dot, now you got half of the Team on it.
Some relatives visiting from Hong Kong. They are staying with my Parents. So they see Chicca parked there. Today i drove up in the Golden Beauty to visit them. They did give me strange looks. Wondering why i have left the BIGGER car at my parent's and enjoying the City. So i did explain to them the quite a few advantages of this exchange. Parent's ofcourse are happy. They have a bigger car parked in their garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Of all the utility spaces in the City, the one I've liked the most is the centre arm-rest. Man, it's huge! you can dump your wallet, shades and what not.

I really hope central locking is included in the Citys to come. Does Chicca have it?

And 1 a/c-cooled chubby hole - wishful thinking!

Sacrilege! That's mdsaab's bro you're talking about!
Yes the arm rest is a useful space. I keep my shades and driver's license in their permanently.
The Central locking works when you lock the drivers door. All the other doors lock too. What i meant was a button which you can click to lock all the door instead of touching the physical lock near the driver door handle. Yes Chicca has such a button, More of that in the upcoming Comparo.
Wishful thinking indeed.
Let's keep it as SIS now shall we. That is if we have to maintain a blood relationship.
Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Nice ones.Waiting for more.

The puffy materials on the door pad can get dirty very soon-same about the fron central armrest. Please have them leather-clad,in your case,from outside,as Honda is not doing it.
Thanks Bro! Yes you bet. I had asked our sales rep to get it done in Leather. He said that they do not do it. and i would have to get it done from outside. So i haven't looked at the options as yet. as i am worried about two things.
1. Color Match
2. Them folks unscrewing the panel etc. for the installation.

Since you have gone through the same, can you throw some light on these aspects please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
If you lock the driver side lock manually you have central locking. Yes it's not automatic and I appreciate it as our accent has it and its a pain because if you have the key in place it auto locks the door and also eats a lot of battery.
Yes that's true if you tug on the lock on the drivers side door, all the four doors will lock. But what i wanted is a nice click button which can be used to lock all four doors. Automatic locking though a decent security feature on other cars. Is not absolutely necessary.
It's all about programming your mind.
Here is what i do.
1. Lock the doors via central locking.
2. Check window lock switch is engaged. as i almost always have my kid onboard.
3. Fasten Seatbelts.
The rest you folks know the drill...
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2011, 18:33   #138
Senior - BHPian

Tell me something does your car handbrake lever move laterally? I have felt that mine move sideway a bit, don't know if it's usual. Thanks!
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2011, 20:11   #139
BHPian

Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
What i meant was a button which you can click to lock all the door instead of touching the physical lock near the driver door handle. Yes Chicca has such a button, More of that in the upcoming Comparo.
That is a nice feature. Waiting for the comparo- in order to measure Chicca's virtues against Bro's.

Quote:
Thanks Bro! Yes you bet. I had asked our sales rep to get it done in Leather.
Since you have gone through the same, can you throw some light on these aspects please.
For sure. Can you give me some time-may be on Monday.

The timer triggered auto lock on starting the engine/auto unlocking upon killing the engine is an important security feature. In case of an accident the doors will automatically open upon stopping/stalling the engine. Which is sorely missing in City. My Santro had it in the retro fitted Cobra security sytem.Very useful.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2011, 20:53   #140
Senior - BHPian

After turning off the engine yes it will unlock. But i dont think it will unlock if you stall it. Will check it out once more in the matiz. Can you confirm the stalling unlock once again.

Sn1p3r - will confirm the lateral movement of handbrake lever and post results.
Old 31st July 2011, 08:17   #141
Senior - BHPian

Continuing with...
The small yet significant things ~ Nitty gritty's

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0010.jpg
Cup holders up front are huge. They can hold your Cups, Mugs, Half Litre Bottles, and guess what even your 1 litre bisleri bottles too. Fantastic!
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0011.jpg
This cubby behind the cup holders is quite large too. Can store some of your bigger valuables. Also if you do install a CD player in the top slot behind the flip screen. Expect to see your USB and AUX in ports down here. And that's why i wish this particular cubby had a cover. Would help in keeping a neat and tidy look.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0012.jpg
The Power socket is located well and you can charge your devices and place them in the useful cubby.(sorry for the picture quality)

I forgot to click a photo of this, but one contributing factor to the poor photo's is that there are no map lights up front. A serious omission.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0013.jpg
The often discussed re-circulate switch. It is one that is not used often though. But i felt that one button would ruin the symmetry. and Dot was quick to point out that they could have had two buttons. One for re-circulate and one for allowing outside air into the cabin. And he was absolutely right. This way they could maintain the symmetry too. Hope that the face lift gets ACC which should take care of this issue.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0014.jpg
The three Musketeers! The middle rotary knob feels nice to hold and operate. The other two finished in black are absolute eye sores.
Either all three knobs should have been the same as the middle fellow.
Or atleast the black ones should have been finished in silver.
Seems like someone in Honda must have said. Moshi Moshi! User to use onlee middal switcho 75% of timo, and henco we savo costo givo user only one niceo middle switcho. and the others nodded their heads, then bowed their heads and said "HAI!"
and that was that!
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0015.jpg
The Gem of a HU. works brilliantly, and sounds good too. Full control options for your IPOD / IPHONE and USB sticks. with capabilities for browsing through Artists / Albums / Playlists etc.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0016.jpg
Syncs well with your IPOD / IPHONE as well as a USB stick. It may even take in your HDD. There is plenty of space inside for an IPOD and a few USB sticks. Your aux in port is located here too.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0017.jpg
The Tweeters are of good quality, and produce some nice sound. It really adds to the overall acoustic quality within the Cabin.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0018.jpg
The Grab handles, are stowed in an upright position. You can pull it down to use. The grip provided is good and it feels nice to hold. i also like the FLUID-ic(could not resist) way it stows up after you let go.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0019.jpg
The little knob placed on the right side of the speedometer which is used to browse through readings such as Range aka DTE, AVG kmpl, Trip meter and ODO reading ~ looks rather cheap. i wish Honda would have provided a good quality button / switch which could have been used to browse these readings.

Last edited by mdsaab : 31st July 2011 at 08:25.
mdsaab is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 09:11   #142
Senior - BHPian

Friends
Picked up this Air Freshner when i was at the supermarket last.
I had seen it before, but at the time, only orange scent was in stock.
So decided not to pick it up.
This time around Aqua scent was available so i decided to try it out.
I was first in the impression that this is an American product.
Then read through and realised it's made in Korea. Put me off slightly but then decided to give it a go anyway. The same company BullsOne(no they aren't stock brokers) have other products too like leather and tire cleaner etc.
It seems to be more of a natural product.
With tea tree oils and natural flavonoid.
and can be used in the car as well as other places at home.

It has a nice subtle scent.
and i have placed in under the rear seat, because it's possible under the ANHC's rear bench. For other cars you can place it under the front seat.
and it even comes with a double sided sticker to hold it secure under the seat.

Overall ~ it's a nice product for those looking to freshen up the air in their cars and is natural too, so those with kids will appreciate it especially.
I know i did, and it was a major reason for me opting for this over other products on the same shelf.

Here are a few pics of the box front and back.

Sorry folks i am chilling in my recliner, so will post pics of the actual freshener when i get down to the car later.

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img2011073100162.jpg

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img2011073100163.jpg

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img2011073100164.jpg
mdsaab is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 11:19   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Continuing with...

Attachment 585803
Cup holders up front are huge. They can hold your Cups, Mugs, Half Litre Bottles, and guess what even your 1 litre bisleri bottles too. Fantastic!
Attachment 585804
This cubby behind the cup holders is quite large too. Can store some of your bigger valuables. Also if you do install a CD player in the top slot behind the flip screen. Expect to see your USB and AUX in ports down here. And that's why i wish this particular cubby had a cover. Would help in keeping a neat and tidy look.
Attachment 585805
The Power socket is located well and you can charge your devices and place them in the useful cubby.(sorry for the picture quality)

I forgot to click a photo of this, but one contributing factor to the poor photo's is that there are no map lights up front. A serious omission.
Attachment 585806
The often discussed re-circulate switch. It is one that is not used often though. But i felt that one button would ruin the symmetry. and Dot was quick to point out that they could have had two buttons. One for re-circulate and one for allowing outside air into the cabin. And he was absolutely right. This way they could maintain the symmetry too. Hope that the face lift gets ACC which should take care of this issue.
Attachment 585807
The three Musketeers! The middle rotary knob feels nice to hold and operate. The other two finished in black are absolute eye sores.
Either all three knobs should have been the same as the middle fellow.
Or atleast the black ones should have been finished in silver.
Seems like someone in Honda must have said. Moshi Moshi! User to use onlee middal switcho 75% of timo, and henco we savo costo givo user only one niceo middle switcho. and the others nodded their heads, then bowed their heads and said "HAI!"
and that was that!
Attachment 585808
The Gem of a HU. works brilliantly, and sounds good too. Full control options for your IPOD / IPHONE and USB sticks. with capabilities for browsing through Artists / Albums / Playlists etc.
Attachment 585809
Syncs well with your IPOD / IPHONE as well as a USB stick. It may even take in your HDD. There is plenty of space inside for an IPOD and a few USB sticks. Your aux in port is located here too.
Attachment 585812
The Tweeters are of good quality, and produce some nice sound. It really adds to the overall acoustic quality within the Cabin.
Attachment 585810
The Grab handles, are stowed in an upright position. You can pull it down to use. The grip provided is good and it feels nice to hold. i also like the FLUID-ic(could not resist) way it stows up after you let go.
Attachment 585811
The little knob placed on the right side of the speedometer which is used to browse through readings such as Range aka DTE, AVG kmpl, Trip meter and ODO reading ~ looks rather cheap. i wish Honda would have provided a good quality button / switch which could have been used to browse these readings.
Great work Mdsaab!! Neat compilation of the features, awaiting for more.
One sore point i noticed is lack of auto-door-lock feature, which is standard in many company/aftermarket remote locking kits. We need to manually lock using central locking.
Also, if only they had kept both the front power windows with auto roll-up, would be nice. We would be using those primarly (eg. while paying toll from either side).

BTW, ours is Urban Titanium V-MT.
Cheers,
mkpiyengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 11:27   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post
Great work Mdsaab!! Neat compilation of the features, awaiting for more.
One sore point i noticed is lack of auto-door-lock feature, which is standard in many company/aftermarket remote locking kits. We need to manually lock using central locking.
Also, if only they had kept both the front power windows with auto roll-up, would be nice. We would be using those primarly (eg. while paying toll from either side).

Cheers,
Hi, thanks for stopping by.
Yes many folks are very used to their Auto lock feature. I have been using it to on my Matiz. and initially when we got the Civic i missed this feature too. It seem the facelifted Civic does have auto lock after you cross a certain speed. Anyways not having it on the Civic meant that i did not miss it much on the City either.
But yes, auto roll up atleast, would have been nice to have on the two front windows, handy as you do have to pay tolls from the left side at times.
May be late, but congratulations on your Urban Beauty.
Hope you are enjoying it to the fullest as all of us ANHC owners on Team-BHP are.
and wishing you many miles of joyful motoring with her too.
Drive Safe!
Old 31st July 2011, 12:25   #145
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Continuing with...
Awesome stuff...it's my obsession to compare this beaut with my Vento AT and every little nugget helps. For example...
Quote:
1-0 for the ANHC. Vento's cupholders are pathetic. I have to struggle to get a couple of mocha shakes from Marzo'Rin in there, to give you an idea

Quote:
This cubby behind the cup holders is quite large too. Can store some of your bigger valuables.
2-0 ANHC. Vento lacks any suitable storage nooks up front.

Quote:
The Gem of a HU. works brilliantly, and sounds good too. Full control options for your IPOD / IPHONE and USB sticks. with capabilities for browsing through Artists / Albums / Playlists etc(...)
Expect to see your USB and AUX in ports down here.
3-0. Vento has neither Pathetic excuse of an ICE- the best thing you can say about it is the HU is nicely coordinated.

Quote:
Not an issue in the Vento. Let's call it a tie.

Quote:
3-1 phew! The Veedub lights up like a Christmas tree everytime you engage P or open a door. Plus separate map lights for each user in front and back as well.

Quote:
... But i felt that one button would ruin the symmetry. and Dot was quick to point out that they could have had two buttons...
3-2 I think. The look and feel of the central console (including that horrendous red hazards switch) was one of the dealbreakers for me in the ANHC. The AC and ICE consoles in the Vento look perfectly co-ordinated.

Quote:
Tweeters standard? Nice! Vento gets 4 in-door speakers. Sound quality is decent though. I listen at low volumes mostly and am not an ICE fanatic, though a big music buff.

Quote:
The Grab handles(...) i also like the FLUID-ic(could not resist) way it stows up after you let go.
You'll love my car then- everything is FLUID-ic in there! And it operates with a nice thoughful Teutonic pause instead of rushing at it scatterbrained
like the Japs!

Quote:
3-3. Thank God! The MID and its controls (on the windshield wiper stalk) are absolutely amazing in the Vento.

Am so glad we could call it a tie. Win-win eh?
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 13:51   #146
Senior - BHPian

Hey Noops thanks for stopping by.
and adding another dimension to this thread.
The Vento ~ ANHC comparisons.
will keep posting the Nitty Gritty's
so we can continue this comparison.
and ofcourse after this will come up the Civic comparison too.
Do stay tuned.
So far it's an even match indeed.
Old 31st July 2011, 14:06   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Continuing with...
Thanks for the detailed photos mdsaab-I have never explored the car like this- many details are revelations for me too.Lazy me!!

Quote:
Friends
Picked up this Air Freshner when i was at the supermarket last.
I had seen it before, but at the time, only orange scent was in stock.
So decided not to pick it up.

It has a nice subtle scent.
I am allergic to perfumes. Hence don't keep alcohol based perfumes in the car. I will try this one. Thanks for the info.

Quote:
if only they had kept both the front power windows with auto roll-up, would be nice. We would be using those primarly (eg. while paying toll from either side).

This is a very good observation.

Nice to note that you too have UT colour.

We now have Honda Club,City club,Auto club,Caska club,UT club,Bold Beige club,Habanero Red club, etc etc.. N number of clubs. Basic human instinct to divide and rule/to form groups to survive???
There is only one club-fellows.Enthusiastic car owners' club.That is what Team BHP is. Let us enjoy the togetherness to the fullest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Am so glad we could call it a tie. Win-win eh?
So Fraulein and Bro have tied. Noopster-one doubt. Why still Fraulein? No change of status? Not Frau now?

Last edited by charthom : 31st July 2011 at 14:07.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 14:14   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
IMHO, if a car does not have Anti-pinch safety, itís better not to have one-touch auto roll-up for all 4 windows. A little compromise on convenience, but extremely important from a safety perspective.

How is the setup for City?
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 14:20   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
IMHO, if a car does not have Anti-pinch safety, itís better not to have one-touch auto roll-up for all 4 windows. A little compromise on convenience, but extremely important from a safety perspective.

How is the setup for City?
@vb-san-City has one touch roll up only for the driver. It would have been convenient for the front passenger as well.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 14:24   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
@vb-san-City has one touch roll up only for the driver. It would have been convenient for the front passenger as well.
Cool, in that case it could be an omission for safety reasons. I am right City does not have Anti-pinch safety for the windows. Here is a thread about one such safety hazard:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...r-windows.html
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote