Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 31st July 2011, 14:26   #151
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Charthom Buddy ~ in Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Thanks for the detailed photos mdsaab-I have never explored the car like this- many details are revelations for me too.Lazy me!!
Thanks man.

I am allergic to perfumes. Hence don't keep alcohol based perfumes in the car. I will try this one. Thanks for the info.
It's got a nice subtle scent, and is natural too.

This is a very good observation.
Indeed.
Nice to note that you too have UT colour.
Nice colour.
We now have Honda Club,City club,Auto club,Caska club,UT club,Bold Beige club,Habanero Red club, etc etc.. N number of clubs. Basic human instinct to divide and rule/to form groups to survive???
There is only one club-fellows.Enthusiastic car owners' club.That is what Team BHP is. Let us enjoy the togetherness to the fullest.
Agree with you fully. We are one enthusiastic club.

So Fraulein and Bro have tied. Noopster-one doubt. Why still Fraulein? No change of status? Not Frau now?
Arrey yaar, it's SIS!
Just let Dot come back
Yes ~ it's a tie so far.
you mean we should get short now?
like Fraulein will be Frau Frau
and Chicca ~ Chic Chic
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 14:36   #152
BHPian

Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
IMHO, if a car does not have Anti-pinch safety, itís better not to have one-touch auto roll-up for all 4 windows. A little compromise on convenience, but extremely important from a safety perspective.

How is the setup for City?
In case there is an obstruction then it stops, that's what i recollect. It was demonstrated during the time of car delivery.
Will try once more and reconfirm.

On the lighter note, in case we do away with those upteen number of toll-booths then would not miss this feature much .
Going by the number of pot holes increasing not sure why we need all those different kind of road-tax, toll tax, octroi etc...

God Bless!!
mkpiyengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 14:40   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post

Arrey yaar, it's SIS!
Just let Dot come back
Yes ~ it's a tie so far.
you mean we should get short now?
like Fraulein will be Frau Frau
and Chicca ~ Chic Chic
Oops- sorry about the grave error-so it is SIS.

Fraulein means Miss,Frau is Mrs. My question was how come she remains a Miss still- or do I have a dirty mind?
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 14:44   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post
In case there is an obstruction then it stops, that's what i recollect. It was demonstrated during the time of car delivery.

Cool, that means the City have anti-pinch safety!

In that case I am with you Ė they should have provided one touch roll-up/down windows
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 14:59   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Just went through the Nitty-Gritty pics you posted, mdsaab (though I am inclined to call them "The Smaller Yet Bigger Significiant Things in The City"), and I am very impressed.

Most things in the City are right except for the center console buttons for AC and Air-flow. Those knobs look like they were taken straight off a washing-machine (!), and push/click buttons in their place would have looked so much more sophisticated. Actually, they would have added to the beauty of the already beautiful City. Let's hope Honda does something about that for the facelift. Like you said, the ACC should eliminate this look, but for the manually-operated AC loaded in lower City variants, I hope Honda puts in push/click buttons instead of those rotary knobs. A small yet very welcome addition to the centre console's looks.

All other things look superb. A lot of thought has gone into the interior styling, and Honda has to be commended for that, although I still have an issue with that USB/iPod connector. The least Honda could do is integrate it into the HU for ease of use. Maybe the facelift will have that too.

One of my colleagues bought a White City V (Exclusive) 2-3 days back and I checked it out thoroughly in flesh. The City leaves a deep impression, I must admit. Since then, I've been going through some other City ownership threads and I am tempted to go for a City as well. The Jazz is a wonderful car but nothing beats the City for sheer road presence.

Looks like I have to re-evaluate my options and stretch my budget a little. And think of ways to drive a sedan safely through the notorious traffic of my city.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 31st July 2011 at 15:00.
RavenAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 20:08   #156
BHPian

Guys check out my latest photoshoot of my Tefetta White Babe with its New Ducktail spoiler.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2450814
RemingtonSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 21:27   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Oops- sorry about the grave error-so it is SIS.

Fraulein means Miss,Frau is Mrs. My question was how come she remains a Miss still- or do I have a dirty mind?
I guess she remains a miss, because we have more fun that way, you know before making them our wife. Noopster, please don't kill me for this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Just went through the Nitty-Gritty pics you posted, mdsaab (though I am inclined to call them "The Smaller Yet Bigger Significiant Things in The City"), and I am very impressed.
Thanks buddy.
Most things in the City are right except for the center console buttons for AC and Air-flow. Those knobs look like they were taken straight off a washing-machine (!), and push/click buttons in their place would have looked so much more sophisticated. Actually, they would have added to the beauty of the already beautiful City. Let's hope Honda does something about that for the facelift. Like you said, the ACC should eliminate this look, but for the manually-operated AC loaded in lower City variants, I hope Honda puts in push/click buttons instead of those rotary knobs. A small yet very welcome addition to the centre console's looks.
You bet, i fully agree with you.
All other things look superb. A lot of thought has gone into the interior styling, and Honda has to be commended for that, although I still have an issue with that USB/iPod connector. The least Honda could do is integrate it into the HU for ease of use. Maybe the facelift will have that too.
Sorry i did not get this part.
One of my colleagues bought a White City V (Exclusive) 2-3 days back and I checked it out thoroughly in flesh. The City leaves a deep impression, I must admit. Since then, I've been going through some other City ownership threads and I am tempted to go for a City as well. The Jazz is a wonderful car but nothing beats the City for sheer road presence.
Please go in for the City.
Looks like I have to re-evaluate my options and stretch my budget a little. And think of ways to drive a sedan safely through the notorious traffic of my city.
If budget constraints are there. then you can opt for the EMT.
and you can get fabulous discounts right now, which would further help ease things. and at a later stage you can do up the car in your own personal style. A win-win situation then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Guys check out my latest photoshoot of my Tefetta White Babe with its New Ducktail spoiler.
Am on my way there right now!

Last edited by mdsaab : 31st July 2011 at 21:32.
Old 31st July 2011, 21:57   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post
Yes. It stops and goes down automatically.

Quote:
Cool, that means the City have anti-pinch safety!
Good to note-so much to my sophisticated car knowledge!! The car lacks many features-our consolation-do I need them?,no no-mera Honda mahaan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
although I still have an issue with that USB/iPod connector. The least Honda could do is integrate it into the HU for ease of use.
mdsaab-what he means is direct SUB/iPod slots on the HU,I believe. RavenAvi correct me if wrong. But this will make your iPod/Hard drive stick out of the car-which is inconvenient,right?Esp if you have iPhone or a bigger hard drive.

Quote:
I am tempted to go for a City as well.
Looks like I have to re-evaluate my options and stretch my budget a little.
Good news,Buddy. Welcome.You will not regret.Stretch it a bit and go for E type.If a little more-then S is the desirable version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
RS- saw them,allowed them to mesmerise me.Thanks again.

Quote:
I guess she remains a miss, because we have more fun that way, you know before making them our wife. Noopster, please don't kill me for this.
Ok-point noted.Our second wife,precisely.Sigh...

Last edited by charthom : 31st July 2011 at 22:06.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2011, 07:58   #159
Senior - BHPian

Awesome to find out about the anti pinch in the driver side window of the ANHC. I am going to test it out when i get to the golden beauty later.

I thought that's what it meant about the USB / AUX in.
I agree with you charthom ~ it's better placed right now. as your device is hidden out of view. and so no ugly wires or hard disks hanging about.

Remi Cuz, The pics are mind blowing. Loved the angles, and especially my favourite being the B/W shots. Folks if you haven't checked out the pics yet, head over there right now, you don't want to miss this.

Charthom, you understood eh!?! quite the devil in disguise eh? should i say welcome to the club? LOL!
Old 1st August 2011, 09:03   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Awesome to find out about the anti pinch in the driver side window of the ANHC. I am going to test it out when i get to the golden beauty later.
Even though I donít own a City, I was happy to know that the feature is available. Itís a small but significant safety measure. Anyway, do test it using a soft toy or similar stuff. Donít try it with your hand
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2011, 10:30   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Anyway, do test it using a soft toy or similar stuff. Donít try it with your hand
On the first day itself my sales lady had proudly demonstrated this to me-with her hand. Even though I did not know the technical term- was quite impressed.Then I tried with my own hand-it is working,and i am typing with the same hand now
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2011, 10:51   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Like you said, the ACC should eliminate this look, but for the manually-operated AC loaded in lower City variants, I hope Honda puts in push/click buttons instead of those rotary knobs. A small yet very welcome addition to the centre console's looks.
You bet, i fully agree with you.
Hi,
Just to butt in - the rotary knob/s for AC controls is rather functional and preferred by autocos as it involves a little less of electronics. With the click buttons you'll need more space with each function having its own button - like recirc/outside air mode or fan mode or temp control etc and therefore a totally different console layout and space management and electronics. Would be expensive as well.
Comments ?
Guderian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2011, 11:19   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Bro! Yes you bet. I had asked our sales rep to get it done in Leather. He said that they do not do it. and i would have to get it done from outside. So i haven't looked at the options as yet. as i am worried about two things.
1. Color Match
2. Them folks unscrewing the panel etc. for the installation.

Since you have gone through the same, can you throw some light on these aspects please.
mdsaab-just contacted Honda as promised.Yes they will have to dismantle the front panel of the door to fix it. They will do the job with Stanley or PU artificial leather. Stanley job cost about 5000/-PU 2700/- for 4 door handles and the central arm rest.Mine turned out to be a PU job!! But it looks so original I am glad that I have saved some bucks.

See the snaps below:

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-dsc00415.jpg

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-dsc00416.jpg

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-dsc00417.jpg

I don't have a snap for the central arm rest right now. But can you checkout on my thread,pages 6,7 and 8? There are photos by kirantp and bluevolt.

Regarding MapmyIndia updates-we can do it online by ourselves.A patch has to be downloaded etc etc. But the Caska dealer will do it for you/or Honda will have it done. Expenses depends,not more than about 800/- as per the Caska man. Present one in my GPS-version 6.0-6.1 is coming out sometime this year.

Hope these help.

BTW,mdsaab-RS's amazing photos are the types I was requesting you for. Guess I will have to shoot mine too. Will venture on next good weather day.

Last edited by charthom : 1st August 2011 at 11:23.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2011, 11:30   #164
Senior - BHPian

Ok so here i am sitting inside the City right now.
Just tested the anti pinch feature. And it works like a charm. The window stops upon confronting an obstruction. And then rolls down to exactly half way. Real neat stuff. Thanks for pointing it out.

Guderian. Thats a valid point you have there.

The fuel efficient days continue.
I know play a little game every time i fill up.
I tank it up to the brim.
And then on the first drive after filling i see how high the avg fuel consumption will go.
This time around it managed a high 14.6
now thats the first part of the game.
The second is the fuel avg at arrival of the first destination. This time around towards the final stretch there were very narrow streets and medium level traffic. still the fuel avg was reading out 14 kmpl.
And as i parked the car before i could switch it off. The readout changed to 13.9
So the final picture is not picture perfect.
But am still delighted with it.
Attached Images

mdsaab is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2011, 11:36   #165

Hi!
After 8 years of extremly satisfying use of 2 Honda City cars (4 years each), I was debating if I should upgrade and buy Civic. I compared the car with VW, Toyota and Skoda. I have finally bought Toyota Corolla Altis, the latest version and I am extremly pleased.

All the best for the new buy - right decision.

Sri
sri1951 is offline   Reply With Quote