Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd August 2011, 12:58   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Fantastic pics of the mileage and FE, bud. My colleague who bought a City V last week is also getting 13.9 kpl but it's all city driving for now.

Stretching the FE to anywhere over 20 kpl is mind-numbing! Guess who I am going to contact for plenty of driving tips soon?

Thanks for the pics, and the scoop on the Jetta. Eagerly waiting to see more pics of your FE experiments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
mdsaab-what he means is direct SUB/iPod slots on the HU,I believe. RavenAvi correct me if wrong. But this will make your iPod/Hard drive stick out of the car-which is inconvenient,right?Esp if you have iPhone or a bigger hard drive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
I thought that's what it meant about the USB / AUX in.
I agree with you charthom ~ it's better placed right now. as your device is hidden out of view. and so no ugly wires or hard disks hanging about.
Yep, that's what I meant. Short wires are available in the market for iPods, and a USB pen drive won't need wires. Also, that will help immensely in hot-swapping on the move. Right now, the storage space is indeed snug and out of sight, but it makes swapping on the move a bit tough. The center console has enough space at the base for a iPod/HD to be placed there, with the wire not interfering anywhere. As for a USB pen-drive, it can be fitted straight into the USB slot. It will protrude slightly, like a laptop/desktop, but shouldn't be too much of a problem.

The biggest advantage that will give the driver is the ability to hot-swap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi,
Just to butt in - the rotary knob/s for AC controls is rather functional and preferred by autocos as it involves a little less of electronics. With the click buttons you'll need more space with each function having its own button - like recirc/outside air mode or fan mode or temp control etc and therefore a totally different console layout and space management and electronics. Would be expensive as well.
Comments ?
A very valid point, Guderian. Maybe that is why Honda has refrained from the push-click buttons console so far. It will be more expensive, plus it will be more prone to malfunctions than the manual rotary knobs.

But for a premium car like City, the push-click buttons should be available. At least as OEM for the V variant, if they decide to skip the E & S variants. That will add a separate classy look to the center console, and also distinguish the V variant as the most classy top variant of the City. It will only add to the scorching interior looks, and to the sales. Honda should think of adding it to the facelifted City's V variant in the future.

Of course, an integrated ACC will do the job nicely as well.
RavenAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 13:02   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maanspeedo
Thats my new machine and object of affection
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab
80-85 kmph which is the speed limit on the e-way.
and RPM @ 1500 rpm.
It's about 2200 rpm at 80 km/h at 100 it's 2800rpm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maanspeedo
@mdsaab : thanks a lot sir, shall post more pics and report soon.

@ ajay : thanks man, not OE alloys , they are SSW Ruzz , 15*6.5 aloys from Bombay Tyres, Mumbai . I asked them to put Honda stcikers

@Remingtonsteele : Thanks man , I have upsized wheels to 195/65/15 , yOKOHAMA ES-100 with these alloys .
Nice wheels brother. What was the exchange deal that you got? ES 100 is this a new series. I thought it was either A or C or S for Yokohama.
As RS mentioned we will be waiting for the report on new driving dynamics post shoe upgrade. Mileage must have come down a notch IMHO.
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 13:09   #198
BHPian

Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Great!
Your GC just increased by 13mm
Let us know more on how they behave (bottom scraping, grip, handling etc.)??

Dude, with Yoko's Drive Safely in Mumbai wet driving conditions.

Great , Thanks man , I was not aware of increase in GC( so much so for being a newbie )

Gripp has been super, handling great , though the steering effort has increased , low speeds been little bouncy and yeah potholes filtering to the cabin a lot..notorious Mumbai monsoon potholes.
Breaking is spot on , in fact too strong .

Been driving in heavy rains for a week now , did not feel any issues with wet roads yet.
Maanspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 13:17   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maanspeedo View Post
Thats my new machine and object of affection s
The Red certainly looks stunning. Congrats bro for the new ride. Pics & ownership report .

By the way, I observed from the pic that you have opted for the V variant from the chrome door handles. AFAIK the V comes will alloys so did you exchange the same for the new sneakers? Any internal MODS planned?
arup.misra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 13:23   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post

Nice wheels brother. What was the exchange deal that you got? ES 100 is this a new series. I thought it was either A or C or S for Yokohama.
As RS mentioned we will be waiting for the report on new driving dynamics post shoe upgrade. Mileage must have come down a notch IMHO.

ES100 is an old series. exchange on stock goodyear and alloys was 22000.
Mileage currently is too sad ,just 9-10 :( ...waiting for first service and mumbai rains to go away.
Old 3rd August 2011, 13:26   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
The Red certainly looks stunning. Congrats bro for the new ride. Pics & ownership report .

By the way, I observed from the pic that you have opted for the V variant from the chrome door handles. AFAIK the V comes will alloys so did you exchange the same for the new sneakers? Any internal MODS planned?
Thanks man.

Yes it came with the nice OE alloys ,which I exchanged with the tyres as I found them too common and bland.
Internal MODS, none except got art leather beige on seats, centre arm rest , door panels , everywhere and its almost liek stanley leather ..will post pics soon.
Old 3rd August 2011, 14:13   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r

Sorry. I may have got the rpm reading down. Might have had my foot off the accelerator at the time.
And that happened a lot. Thanks to the downward slop after Lonavala.

Raven thanks for the tip on the short ipod wire. Will look for one. As the current wire i am using is too long and cramps up the slot.
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 14:37   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Internal MODS, none except got art leather beige on seats, centre arm rest , door panels , everywhere and its almost liek stanley leather ..will post pics soon.
Great Red with beige must look killer. Mind revealing where did you get the art leather from and how much did it set you back by? Asking because I'm expecting my new ride next month so getting my wallets full .

I got a quote of 16k from G-Sport. Seats, Door Panels, Center Arm Rest, Gear Knob ans steering wheel.
arup.misra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 14:48   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Great Red with beige must look killer. Mind revealing where did you get the art leather from and how much did it set you back by? Asking because I'm expecting my new ride next month so getting my wallets full .

I got a quote of 16k from G-Sport. Seats, Door Panels, Center Arm Rest, Gear Knob ans steering wheel.

Bro

I got this done from Shreyam motors at Milan subway. 16K is too much for these.

You can PM me , will give details of shreyas owner and you can give my reference to him.
Old 3rd August 2011, 14:53   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 587600

Thats my new machine and object of affection

More pictures and ownership report soon.

Cheers
@Manspeedo,

Hearty congrats, man. Your car is so fluidic and sexy that it looks like molten lip stick to me!! Wow-what a set of alloys?

This is also the first ANHC with sun visors,I believe.

Your Yokos are 195/65 or 60?

Come back immediately with your ownership thread- can't wait a moment.

Last edited by charthom : 3rd August 2011 at 14:55.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 15:38   #206
Senior - BHPian

Sorry folks my earlier rpm readings were indeed correct.
60kmph at 1500rpm. You need a really light foot and in 5th gear.
Old 3rd August 2011, 23:26   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Raven thanks for the tip on the short ipod wire. Will look for one. As the current wire i am using is too long and cramps up the slot.
SLIGHTLY OT - Here's a couple I found on the net -

Super Short iPhone, iPod, or iPad USB Sync Cable

Short iPad, iPod Cables, iPhone Retractable Cables, Splitters, Car & Wall Chargers for iPod, iPhone and Zune

I like the iStubz one. Small and efficient. I saw it at a Mumbai shop long time back on one of my visits.

Not sure if they are available in Pune. You better make some inquiries. Happy hunting, mate!

Last edited by RavenAvi : 3rd August 2011 at 23:27.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 00:46   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
SLIGHTLY OT - Here's a couple I found on the net -

Super Short iPhone, iPod, or iPad USB Sync Cable

Short iPad, iPod Cables, iPhone Retractable Cables, Splitters, Car & Wall Chargers for iPod, iPhone and Zune

I like the iStubz one. Small and efficient. I saw it at a Mumbai shop long time back on one of my visits.

Not sure if they are available in Pune. You better make some inquiries. Happy hunting, mate!
Thanks for the links buddy, i too like the istubz one.
at $7.95 they are pretty reasonable.
~~~

Folks will all this "Obsession with fuel efficiency" i forgot to look at the ODO.
Just checked the ODO today.
The Golden Beauty has clocked 1500+ Kms.
so i guess i am a late for the first service.
It is at 1000kms right?
Will make a service appointment soon.
Old 4th August 2011, 05:11   #209
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Golden Beauty has clocked 1500+ Kms.
so i guess i am a late for the first service.
It is at 1000kms right?
Will make a service appointment soon.
Not really, IMHO. HASS wont change engine oil anyways in the first service, so a few kms here and there is a non-issue. However, if I were in your position, I would ask them to change the engine oil anyways. No harm done, possibly for the good, a matter of some rupees. Old school, you know.

Some FE you got on the e-way run. Amazing. Hows the NVH on the concrete surface when compared to Chicca?
dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 10:18   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Not really, IMHO. HASS wont change engine oil anyways in the first service, so a few kms here and there is a non-issue. However, if I were in your position, I would ask them to change the engine oil anyways. No harm done, possibly for the good, a matter of some rupees. Old school, you know.

Some FE you got on the e-way run. Amazing. Hows the NVH on the concrete surface when compared to Chicca?
This was always on the back of my mind.
Whether to change the oil in the first service or not.
Now that you have suggested it to.
will ask Das to do the same.

Thanks buddy, NVH is on the higher side compared to Chicca, but not by much. The ride is definately softer though. and that's one thing i appreciated the most. The Civic sticks to the road very will, almost like glue. so any bumps and you are shaking around. The City has that little bit of forgiving cushion which is very welcome.

I also get a shock every time i fill up the tank, the Civic usually always takes in 2K plus. while the City around 1500 odd, this time it took in 1700 as i was behind my refill point. So i am saving some cash too in comparison.