Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 4th August 2011, 10:25   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Thanks buddy, NVH is on the higher side compared to Chicca, but not by much. The ride is definately softer though. and that's one thing i appreciated the most. The Civic sticks to the road very will, almost like glue. so any bumps and you are shaking around. The City has that little bit of forgiving cushion which is very welcome.
Does the Civic have the same tyre profile or 1 ply thicker?

Guess the low stance of the Civic makes it stick to the ground; it is terrific on high speed bends though.

Is your Chicca MT or AT? If MT, then your savings are even greater!
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 10:57   #212
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Does the Civic have the same tyre profile or 1 ply thicker?

Guess the low stance of the Civic makes it stick to the ground; it is terrific on high speed bends though.

Is your Chicca MT or AT? If MT, then your savings are even greater!
Chicca is VAT and is shod with 195/65 R15
Golden Beauty is VAT too and is shod with 175/65 R15 (will double check when i go down to the car later, Civic i am sure of.)

The Civic is amazing to drive on ghat roads, i really have a blast. and i was coming up from the Matiz, so it was even more so.

I am itching to take the Golden Beauty onto the ghats, The e-way though fun after Lonavala for some of the nice turns. Is no match for pure ghat thrills.
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 11:24   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab
Golden Beauty is VAT too and is shod with 175/65 R15 (will double check when i go down to the car later, Civic i am sure of.)

The Civic is amazing to drive on ghat roads, i really have a blast. and i was coming up from the Matiz, so it was even more so.

I am itching to take the Golden Beauty onto the ghats, The e-way though fun after Lonavala for some of the nice turns. Is no match for pure ghat thrills.
Just a fleeting thought. You can swap the tires from civic and have a great set of wheels for goldenbeauty. As for Chicca she should go shoe shopping after all she should get presents too cheers!
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 12:21   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r

Just a fleeting thought. You can swap the tires from civic and have a great set of wheels for goldenbeauty. As for Chicca she should go shoe shopping after all she should get presents too cheers!

A great thought buddy.
But Chicca's shoes need to be changed soon.
So the swap plan wont work this time.
But a marvelous idea.

Also confirmed that the City tyres are 175/65 R15

Will confirm when i go down next.

Last edited by mdsaab : 4th August 2011 at 12:38.
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 12:31   #215
Senior - BHPian

^ how about the hand brake thingy. Please confirm if it moves laterally in your car? Mine moves like 2-3 mm towards passenger seat. Thanks!
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 12:45   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
if I were in your position, I would ask them to change the engine oil anyways. No harm done, possibly for the good, a matter of some rupees. Old school, you know.
@dot-The engine is still running in.Don't you think it is premature to change the oil now? These oils are reliable to certain level- I feel it is better to tap their full potential before changing,irrespective of expenses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Golden Beauty is VAT too and is shod with 175/65 R15
How is Chicca VAT in comparison with SIS VAT.I know the comparo is coming-but too curious.

Quote:
A friend of mine-sailing Captain,hence occasional driver,much like me- ventured out to Ooty on his father's new City VAT. He came back dreamy eyed-had to be shaken awake.Absolutely fabulous experience as per him.

I too am waiting for my chance to take her to Munnar or at least some nearby ghat like Nelliyampathy or Vagamon. Let the rain subside slighly.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 13:29   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
@dot-The engine is still running in.Don't you think it is premature to change the oil now? These oils are reliable to certain level- I feel it is better to tap their full potential before changing,irrespective of expenses.
In owner's manual it is clearly written that not to change the engine oil before 5000KMs, SVC people also advices the same.

I don't know what could be the reason though as earlier we used to change engine oil as soon as car reached 1000KM mark.
bluevolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 13:40   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
In owner's manual it is clearly written that not to change the engine oil before 5000KMs, SVC people also advices the same.

I don't know what could be the reason though as earlier we used to change engine oil as soon as car reached 1000KM mark.
Hey bluevolt,

The technology has progressed,engines have improved,oils have become better,more durable and reliable. Hence contamination during running in has reduced/the oil is more capable of sustaining heavier contamination.

Hence generally it is advisable to change the oil only at the intervals prescribed by the maker.

BTW,have you checked out the new Habanero beuaty in the block, Maanspeedo's Molten Lipstick? And sudeepg's new avatar? Enogh to make you homesick I believe
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 15:03   #219
Senior - BHPian

Thanks folks for the clarification.
If the manual says at 5K then i shall wait for it.

Here are a few pics of that air freshner, till now you folks had only seen then box. here is how it actually looks.

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img2011080400205.jpg
View from the Top
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img2011080400204.jpg
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img2011080400203.jpg
Pics of the round gel.

I place it under the rear seat in the ANHC.
there is a nice little space under the seat, in which it sits very snug.
So far have been happy with this purchase. It smells nice, and is natural too.
mdsaab is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 17:49   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

BTW,have you checked out the new Habanero beuaty in the block, Maanspeedo's Molten Lipstick? And sudeepg's new avatar? Enogh to make you homesick I believe
Yes charthom I have seen suddeps avataar and maanspeedo's ride. The alloys on maanspeedo's City are cool, waiting for his ownership report thread.
bluevolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 23:31   #221
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can change oil as many times as you want, every month, every one thousand kilometers etc. We dont do it as it costs money. The 5k/10k/20k limits have been set by manufacturer so as to ensure that oil is changed without fail before the oil life is over.

Last edited by dot : 4th August 2011 at 23:32.
dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 01:03   #222
BHPian

I know this is a late one, I got time to look around the forums and read ownership reviews :P. Anyways, heartiest congratulations on the new ride. She's as smooth as silk and the auto-tranny is a delight in city traffic conditions.

One question though, I have driven the ANHC A/T just once so couldn't quite get a good compario between the ANHC and the Civic. How about a quick compario between her and chicca?
n:CorE is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 08:48   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
You can change oil as many times as you want, every month, every one thousand kilometers etc. We dont do it as it costs money. The 5k/10k/20k limits have been set by manufacturer so as to ensure that oil is changed without fail before the oil life is over.
@dot-please don't get me wrong-I have not stressed on the "expenses" to tickle you in the wrong manner- apologies for any wrong vibes.

The point I wanted to make was the optimum utilisation of spares and consumables. Honda must have arrived at the interval of replacement of spares/oils through rigorous condition monitoring,I daresay. So we may stick to their recommended intervals confidently. Thus we can manage our machines in a cost effective manner rather than making our own assumptions and replace them earlier than required. Yes,the 5/10/20k intervals are set because they have realized the oil will last that long without failure. So,why change it,even if it is damn cheap? So it is not the expenses,but suitableness.

As you are aware, for any machinery,sticking to the manufacturer's recommendation is the best and safest way of maintenance-because he is obliged to honour the warranty if you do so.

Hence even though we are free to change the oil as many times as we want-it may not be required.

Let us enjoy our machines more,don't leave them at the doctor's mercy for a moment longer than required.

"Minimum work shop/maximum coffee shop-be responsible and hold Honda responsible." Hope you agree with me here.

Hope you are enjoying America to the fullest. I have experienced very hot climates in Texas-so I know how you feel.

Last edited by charthom : 5th August 2011 at 09:00.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 09:59   #224
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@dot-please don't get me wrong-I have not stressed on the "expenses" to tickle you in the wrong manner- apologies for any wrong vibes.
Friend, I am sorry if the language appeared harsh, that was not my intention. I agree with you. Its time we clean up the spill.
dot is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 10:35   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n:CorE View Post
I know this is a late one, I got time to look around the forums and read ownership reviews :P. Anyways, heartiest congratulations on the new ride. She's as smooth as silk and the auto-tranny is a delight in city traffic conditions.

One question though, I have driven the ANHC A/T just once so couldn't quite get a good compario between the ANHC and the Civic. How about a quick compario between her and chicca?
Thanks mate! She really is a delight to drive.
Forget a quick Comparo, a nice detailed one is coming up soon.
Have been working on it, look forward to Dot coming back soon so we can take the rides out for a nice photoshoot.
Till then enjoy the Nitty Gritty's in installments.
mdsaab is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote