Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 7th August 2011, 21:06   #226
BHPian

Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Friend, I am sorry if the language appeared harsh, that was not my intention. I agree with you. Its time we clean up the spill.
@dot- Of course, Mate. I realise your good intentions-please don't apologise. There is no remorse-only friendship,right? Still in the US of A?

I am about to post a few snaps of UT colour after taking a severe weather beating on my thread-please do check out.

BTW,mdsaab appears qbsent!! Too busy-I guess!!

Last edited by charthom : 7th August 2011 at 21:08.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 21:25   #227
BHPian

Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Have been working on it, look forward to Dot coming back soon so we can take the rides out for a nice photoshoot.
Bro, Let me know, I will join in too for the photoshoot
RemingtonSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 22:47   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Bro, Let me know, I will join in too for the photoshoot
Remi,

Please check out my thread. I have just posted a few snaps. I will post more later,after cleaning her up.

But as you suggested it is a very good idea to post comparative photos of the beauties in compromising positions too
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 22:57   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Remi,

Please check out my thread. I have just posted a few snaps. I will post more later,after cleaning her up.
Going right away to visit your thread.

Quote:
But as you suggested it is a very good idea to post comparative photos of the beauties in compromising positions too
I like the way you put it up , but really two ANHC's on the side wings of mighty CIVIC would be a good sight -right?

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 7th August 2011 at 23:25.
Old 7th August 2011, 23:06   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Going right away to visit your thread.
but really two ANHC's on the side wings of mighty CIVIC good be a good sight -right?
Thanks mate. I have a Civic in my building-the owner hardly ever drives it-it is just cleaned and kept in show room conditions.:( The owner is not a BHPian too.

So, in order to ogle at the scene of the Civic enjoying the Company of the twin beauties- we have to send both ducktail beauties to Chicca and hide behind the walls with those Cannons.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 23:14   #231
Senior - BHPian

Cuz sure, more the merrier.
~~~

So on the recent trip to Meherabad.
We drove on the Pune ~ Ahmednagar highway.
Which is 4 laned now all the way.
We drove down with our friends from Bombay.
We were supposed to take one car but in the end decided it's better we take 2.
So they with their trusty pre-owned type 1 Toyota Corolla.
and us with the Golden Beauty.
We were quite behind schedule and since you aren't allowed to check in to the Meher Pilgrim Retreat after 7 we had to step on it. Literally!
Now i am not a fan of driving fast on the highway.
and infact recommend that one should leave early and drive at a nice relaxed pace. After all we do "Live to Drive" right!?! So let us enjoy the journey to the fullest.
Anyway there was no trouble keeping up with the Corolla with the Butter smooth I-VTEC performing effortlessly.
However i got stuck up behind some trucks and by the time the road was clear the Corolla had vanished into the Horizon.
and so i decided to let the pace off a bit and continued sprightly but sanely.
Upon arrival at the retreat the Corolla was nowhere to be found in the parking lot. hmmm..... i wonder why.
that's cause i knew of a shortcut, and avoided the railway crossing in which the Corolla had gotten stuck.
So in a way it was one of the many jokes Baba plays on you.
The mileage though has been the worst so far.
16 kmpl ~ AC on all the way.

On the way back.
Our friends had to leave earlier as the journey back to Mumbai would take them 5-6 hours compared to just 2 for us to get home.
So we decided to tuck into some lunch before we left.
The way back was the usual mdsaab "Obsessed with fuel efficiency, since the Golden Beauty" type driving.

This is what was achieved

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img2011080700240.jpg
Pretty Good.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img2011080700241.jpg
The Trip distance from Meherabad.

One significant point to be noted.
On the way to Meherabad the road is mostly downhill.
Hence even though most of the drive was flatout we still achieved a decent 16 kmpl.
While heading back to Pune.
The road is more uphill.
and hence even my trying to squeeze out the best possible mileage.
was still left with 19.5kmpl.
AC was always on both ways. and driven in D.

The Thanks.
I would like to thank the genius at Honda who developed the instantaneous mileage indicator. Has taught me a lot, and i can now drive more fuel efficiently.
My Wife for having the patience, as trying to extract the best possible mileage means driving at a very relaxed pace. Which in turn makes the journey longer. Not by too much, but still.
Noopster for doing the same when on the e-way. Buddy i know how long it takes to reach your destination when you drive this way. and kudos to you and your wife to try it out and post the results for the team to benefit from.

Drive Safe!
mdsaab is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 23:47   #232
BHPian

Those are fantastic figures that too for an AT on an Uphillish climb.
Bro you continue to amaze me with such figures on AT.

Let me know tentatively when you are planning up for the photoshoot; btw when is Dot coming back?

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 7th August 2011 at 23:55.
Old 7th August 2011, 23:56   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Those are fantastic figures that too for an AT on an Uphillish climb.
Bro you continue to amaze me with such figures on AT.

Let me known tentatively when you are planning up; btw when in Dot coming back?
Thanks Cuz.
I have no clue as to when Dot is coming back.
But will give you a sufficient advance notice for the plan.
Look forward to meeting up.
I hope to upload the next batch of Nitty Gritty's tomorrow.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 04:32   #234
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have no clue as to when Dot is coming back.
Dot is back next week on Independence day. Lets plan a nice one.

BTW mdsaab, no luck on canes, got straights though.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 06:26   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On the way to Meherabad the road is mostly downhill.
Hence even though most of the drive was flatout we still achieved a decent 16 kmpl.
The road is more uphill.
Those are some absolutely brilliant and unbelievable figures I must admit. You know what, after reading your thread, I have started following the "mdsaab fuel-saving type drive" whenever the conditions permit.
Quote:
Ah, how I wish I were in Pune. Don't tempt me guys, please.
arvi86 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 09:06   #236
BHPian

Quote:
The road is more uphill.
AC was always on both ways. and driven in D.
mdsaab-my,my-fabulous- I am your humble disciple. The other day even for 100 m length of good road I was practicing your economy technique much to my wife's amusement. The uphill stuff I was about to confirm from you-I had this doubt from your previous economy posts. Great that you managed to squeeze out such great figures while going uphill. Here,we come-your humble followers

Quote:
The Thanks.
I would like to thank the genius at Honda who developed the instantaneous mileage indicator. Has taught me a lot, and i can now drive more fuel efficiently.
My Wife for having the patience, as trying to extract the best possible mileage means driving at a very relaxed pace. Which in turn makes the journey longer. Not by too much, but still.
Noopster for doing the same when on the e-way. Buddy i know how long it takes to reach your destination when you drive this way. and kudos to you and your wife to try it out and post the results for the team to benefit from.
And "Us" for waiting sleepy-eyed for your great ventures!!
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 12:42   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

BTW mdsaab, no luck on canes, got straights though.
Fantastic! look forward to meeting up soon.. It's been a while.
Straights will have to make do this time round. Even if you get some candy caned shaped Christmas ornaments would highly appreciate.
Thanks bro for taking all the trouble. and again please don't go out of your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Those are some absolutely brilliant and unbelievable figures I must admit. You know what, after reading your thread, I have started following the "mdsaab fuel-saving type drive" whenever the conditions permit.
I wish you all the success and you know what to do with all the money saved right!?!

Ah, how I wish I were in Pune. Don't tempt me guys, please.
Please come down some time soon. Would love to catch up in person.
Quote:
mdsaab-my,my-fabulous- I am your humble disciple. The other day even for 100 m length of good road I was practicing your economy technique much to my wife's amusement. The uphill stuff I was about to confirm from you-I had this doubt from your previous economy posts. Great that you managed to squeeze out such great figures while going uphill. Here,we come-your humble followers

And "Us" for waiting sleepy-eyed for your great ventures!!
I hit the thanks button on that one .

I am glad that you are trying out the technique too.
here it is again.
Maintain 60-65 in 5th.
Keep a light foot on the pedal.
RPM should stand at 1500 or just below.
every time the road slopes downward, ease of the accelerator.
when you are coming down a ghat section, no acceleration at all.
~~~
Also let me clarify.
What i meant by uphill does not mean a ghat like section.
What i mean is that the bias of the road is sloping upwards.
Making it an uphill task to achieve great mileage.

When the road slopes downwards it is more favorable. You can ease of the accelerator and still maintain your desired speed.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 15:28   #238
Senior - BHPian

Well well, just tuned in to see if there are any updates, and lo- behold! What updates and how! Great mileage you've managed to clock there. How do you do that?

Lastly, when is the camparo between the Civic and City coming up? It deserves a new thread, you know.

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 8th August 2011 at 15:31.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 16:00   #239
BHPian

Quote:

I am glad that you are trying out the technique too.
here it is again.
Maintain 60-65 in 5th.
Keep a light foot on the pedal.
RPM should stand at 1500 or just below.
every time the road slopes downward, ease of the accelerator.
when you are coming down a ghat section, no acceleration at all.
~~~
Thanks @mdsaab, I am planning a trip to Indore in next 2 weeks. Will be following your tips. Last time with AC and average of around 80-90 I got 17kmpl. Lets see how much % improvement happens this time
mm403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 16:24   #240
BHPian

Last time i had been to my home town early morning. Maintained speed between 100-120 kmph with my ANHC AT. Got Milleage around 20-21 kmpl, MID was showing 23 kmpl. Sweet spot for ANHC AT is around 100-110 to get the best mileage. This was with almost no AC as it was early morning. Drive was around 180 kms.

Last edited by shamanth : 8th August 2011 at 16:26.
shamanth is offline   Reply With Quote