Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2011, 20:34   #256
BHPian
 
charthom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 652
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

mdsaab - great economy,great idea-to teach the T-Bhpians top drive economically,we are all humble disciples!! But- is it exactly "Redlining the Indian automotive Scene"?

Any one observing a Nice golden chariot flaunting a "Live to Drive" sticker, going steadily at 55-60 kph, on the express highway, will interpret the slogan as "taking an entire lifetime to reach your next destination" and forget the adrenalin pumping-you will look as if you are in dire need of a shot of Glucose!!

As Noopster hinted-yes, to prove that the economy can be achieved is paramount-let us de-idolise the AT fuel economy. But once it is done-let us indulge in the careful sin of driving to our hearts out-like sinking our teeth into a bar of chocolate!! The T-BHP is a bunch of holy sinners-let us live upto the reputation.

And don't put the Goldie on such a strict diet-remember-a BMI of below 18,she is out of beauty pageants.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 22:52   #257
Senior - BHPian
 
mdsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,624
Thanked: 446 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom
mdsaab - great economy,great idea-to teach the T-Bhpians top drive economically,we are all humble disciples!! But- is it exactly "Redlining the Indian automotive Scene"?

Any one observing a Nice golden chariot flaunting a "Live to Drive" sticker, going steadily at 55-60 kph, on the express highway, will interpret the slogan as "taking an entire lifetime to reach your next destination" and forget the adrenalin pumping-you will look as if you are in dire need of a shot of Glucose!!

As Noopster hinted-yes, to prove that the economy can be achieved is paramount-let us de-idolise the AT fuel economy. But once it is done-let us indulge in the careful sin of driving to our hearts out-like sinking our teeth into a bar of chocolate!! The T-BHP is a bunch of holy sinners-let us live upto the reputation.

And don't put the Goldie on such a strict diet-remember-a BMI of below 18,she is out of beauty pageants.
Technically no. Not redlining.
But this piece of info of the mileage one can achieve is surely redlining the Indian Automotive scene.

It really does not add a whole lot to your time to destination. A max of 25% increase. But the % increase of cash in your wallet is always welcome.
Btw this time round, i do not have the sticker as yet.

Agree with you and Noops.
But believe me i enjoy the long distance drives too.
Technically anything above 4 hours and you will see my sprightly driving to the destination.
But i really wanted to explore the full mileage potential of the ANHC before moving on.
Plus the poor baby is still running in, so taking it easy.

The last part of the post was hilarious.
Yes size zero is Passe!

~~~
Moving along.
The big 2K kms came up today.
I better book a service appointment and fast.

Also regarding the great fuel efficiency obsession.
Two points.
1. When maintaining the slower speeds usually required for extracting the best mileage.
Do keep to the side of the road. So as to not inconvenience other road users. If you do end up on thr right lane to overtake. Make sure that after you do so, to move back into the slow lane. This applies to both City as well as Highway driving.

2. One does tend to keep an eye on the Speedo ~ Rev Counter and if its a Honda then the instantaneous fuel efficiency readout too.
Please remember that above all these is to keep your eye on the road. The traffic situations on Indian roads change at a very rapid rate. So keep focussed on the road. And do not distract yourself too much with the continous checking of gauges.
mdsaab is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 23:12   #258
BHPian
 
charthom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 652
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

[quote=mdsaab;2462655]
Quote:
But this piece of info of the mileage one can achieve is surely redlining the Indian Automotive scene.
Yes -it has given us sinners a future!!

Quote:
It really does not add a whole lot to your time to destination. A max of 25% increase. But the % increase of cash in your wallet is always welcome.
Yes, to indulge in more sins.

Quote:
Moving along.
The big 2K kms came up today.
I better book a service appointment and fast.
Oops-already late. Are your Honda SA letting you sleep? In my case- I received about 3 calls in one month-asking to take her for 1st service!

BTW-I hve done only 900 kms still!!

Quote:
Also regarding the great fuel efficiency obsession.
Two points.
Very valid points. Wish you a further improvement in the FE with 1st service and N2 soles.

Last edited by charthom : 9th August 2011 at 23:14.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 23:25   #259
Senior - BHPian
 
mdsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,624
Thanked: 446 Times
Default

Actually i am quite surprised that i have not received a single call regarding service as yet.
But then wait....
Why should i receieve a call!?!
this is my parents car remember.
So my mother would probably get the call.
I remember her telling me of a call from Honda asking whether all izz well.
Shall ask her if she got any call regarding service.
Speaking about calls.
It is soon time for me to take a call myself.
The dreaded Q was headed my way.
My mother asked me, when am i getting my car back.
Hmmm.... That's a real tough one.
So it is either hand over the golden beauty.
Or hand over Chicca's keys.
Yes her keys are still with me.
You didn't think i would let the driver drive her did you?

~
900kms only. You picked her up before i did. Well they say slow and steady wins the race.
~
Thanks. Since its just a basic check and wash am not too worried that i am a bit late. But better get it over with soon.
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 23:46   #260
BHPian
 
charthom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 652
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

[quote=mdsaab;2462695]
Quote:
Why should i receieve a call!?!
this is my parents car remember.
So my mother would probably get the call.
True.

Quote:
The dreaded Q was headed my way.
The moment of truth has finally arrived!!

Quote:
You didn't think i would let the driver drive her did you?
An existential question out of sheer bewilderment and frustration-Shakespeare style :- "Your parents bought an AT so that the driver can have fun?" That means your phenomenal economy achievement will become " a tale told by an idiot-full of sound and fury,signifying nothing!!" Oh,judgement!!

To be or not to be-can't decide, Mate. Confused to the core :-( Blow,blow-gentle lamp.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2011, 00:12   #261
dot
Senior - BHPian
 
dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ban Chang
Posts: 1,681
Thanked: 714 Times
Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Any one observing a Nice golden chariot flaunting a "Live to Drive" sticker, going steadily at 55-60 kph, on the express highway, will interpret the slogan as "taking an entire lifetime to reach your next destination" and forget the adrenalin pumping-you will look as if you are in dire need of a shot of Glucose!!
This is indeed funny, charthom.

Ok, once the FE question has been answered, now is the time to let loose. Wat say?
dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2011, 08:11   #262
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,665
Thanked: 9,195 Times
Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

charthom, a funny post. Take a bow!

On a serious note, 55-60 kmph on the e-ay is plain dangerous since you will end up obstructing traffic and possibly cause an accident. You can get excellent FE by staying at 75-85 kmph as well. In fact even 95-105 doesn't hurt the mileage as badly as you may imagine.

@mdsaab- 2000 km up! Time flies when you're having fun eh?
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2011, 09:12   #263
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,696
Thanked: 3,876 Times
Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
The dreaded Q was headed my way.
My mother asked me, when am i getting my car back.
Hmmm.... That's a real tough one.
So it is either hand over the golden beauty.
Or hand over Chicca's keys.
Yes her keys are still with me.
You didn't think i would let the driver drive her did you?
This is what I will say – The golden beauty is an infatuation for now. Get over the ‘other woman’, and go back to Chicca. Maybe now you’ll be able to appreciate Silver beauty even more
vb-san is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2011, 09:35   #264
Senior - BHPian
 
mdsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,624
Thanked: 446 Times
Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
An existential question out of sheer bewilderment and frustration-Shakespeare style :- "Your parents bought an AT so that the driver can have fun?" That means your phenomenal economy achievement will become " a tale told by an idiot-full of sound and fury,signifying nothing!!" Oh,judgement!!

To be or not to be-can't decide, Mate. Confused to the core :-( Blow,blow-gentle lamp.
Actually they chose an AT because. My parents were planning to drive too.
and when my wife wants to run an errand or so, she too has a smaller AT to potter about town. But yes a fact is a fact, it will be driven by a driver most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
This is indeed funny, charthom.

Ok, once the FE question has been answered, now is the time to let loose. Wat say?
Highway FE question has been answered, but strangely the more important Q of in the City mileage has not been answered yet. As promised i did fill up my tank yesterday. But due to this netbook issue, i had the car idling for more than half and hour and this does not do wonders for the fuel avg. What is rather scary though, is that even after all that it still reads 10kmpl at the end of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
charthom, a funny post. Take a bow!

On a serious note, 55-60 kmph on the e-ay is plain dangerous since you will end up obstructing traffic and possibly cause an accident. You can get excellent FE by staying at 75-85 kmph as well. In fact even 95-105 doesn't hurt the mileage as badly as you may imagine.

@mdsaab- 2000 km up! Time flies when you're having fun eh?
That is indeed a fact, that's why on the e-way run. I have two sets of speeds 60-65 and 80-85 kmph. But one thing i have realised for sure. The pedal is very sensitive, even a slight prod more to the accelerator and it can make a big difference to your FE at the end.

Yes time indeed flies. I have no clue as to where the miles were just racked up. This is indeed FAST even for me. I have never racked up so many miles in such a short period for a new car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
This is what I will say – The golden beauty is an infatuation for now. Get over the ‘other woman’, and go back to Chicca. Maybe now you’ll be able to appreciate Silver beauty even more
Thanks VB, head screwed firmly on your shoulders. I shall take your advice. Thanks for talking some sense in to me.
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2011, 11:02   #265
Senior - BHPian
 
selfdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,698
Thanked: 2,113 Times
Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
But yes a fact is a fact, it will be driven by a driver most of the time.

That is indeed a fact, that's why on the e-way run. I have two sets of speeds 60-65 and 80-85 kmph. But one thing i have realised for sure. The pedal is very sensitive, even a slight prod more to the accelerator and it can make a big difference to your FE at the end.
Well I have been considering a career change for some time now, and the City AT sounds tempting! Do you offer stock options?

Considering your frugal usage of the gas pedal, I guess it is time now for Honda to provide a dead pedal on the other side too!

While driving the smaller cousin, I have noticed that the best mileage I get is in 85-95 range. In fact the 55-65 is actually worse for me and tends to pull down the overall FE; perhaps I rev a bit more at these speeds. I will try to keep a closer eye next time.

I am not sure if this is due to the specific stretch on the NH4 towards Satara or specific to the 1.2 mill.

Last edited by selfdrive : 10th August 2011 at 11:09.
selfdrive is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2011, 12:38   #266
BHPian
 
avisidhu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 618
Thanked: 456 Times
Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Perfect for hooking up in the ANHC as it will hardly take up any space behind the HU.
So you can stuff a few more devices in there.
Pardon my ignorance mdsaab, but what devices would those be? A CD player I presume, or do you have something else in mind?
avisidhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2011, 15:06   #267
BHPian
 
Maanspeedo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 58
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Dear mdsaab..

Sir , you certainly are bringing out a revolution here by your FE techniques.

Yes, some of us might really want to redline the automotive scene and not maintain that kind of constant speed , still it shall make sense to most of us under most of the driving conditions here in India . FE improvement does not harm anyone , hard hitter or smooth glider, whichever type of driver you are, FE is a concern always, especially with the sloppy governement hiding its face under the guise of increase in prices of essentials , including fuel !.

I am waiting impatiently for you to sort out your netbook issues and post in city Mileage figures, that should be our final aspiration

Regards and cheers
Maanspeedo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2011, 15:45   #268
Senior - BHPian
 
Guderian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,616
Thanked: 1,409 Times
Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Check it out.
It's only twice the size of your fingernail.
Hi mdsaab,
One lesson for me from that snap of the teeny weeny device.
Before taking such snaps - always cut your nails !!! (Peace - JK !)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
1. But yes a fact is a fact, it will be driven by a driver most of the time.

2. Yes time indeed flies.
1. Well reminds me of the old Chinese adage - Old man marrying a young woman is like one man buying a book for another man to read !

2. Wow time flies indeed. 2 K on the odo sure came in fast.
Any negatives observed in the Golden Babe after these many KMs of experience ? Would be nice knowing that from your perspective.

3. Say ! What happened to all those pills, potions and lotions snaps that you promised on Togo Channel ? I came all the way here and didn't find any...where are they ?
Guderian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2011, 18:19   #269
Senior - BHPian
 
mdsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,624
Thanked: 446 Times
Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

In Bold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Well I have been considering a career change for some time now, and the City AT sounds tempting! Do you offer stock options?
LOL!
Considering your frugal usage of the gas pedal, I guess it is time now for Honda to provide a dead pedal on the other side too!
Double LOL!
While driving the smaller cousin, I have noticed that the best mileage I get is in 85-95 range. In fact the 55-65 is actually worse for me and tends to pull down the overall FE; perhaps I rev a bit more at these speeds. I will try to keep a closer eye next time.
Yes at times especially when the slope of the road is upwards. You will find 80+kmph a better bet.
I am not sure if this is due to the specific stretch on the NH4 towards Satara or specific to the 1.2 mill.
Quite possible due to the road conditions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
Pardon my ignorance mdsaab, but what devices would those be? A CD player I presume, or do you have something else in mind?
No not a CD player. If you stuff one of those in there, sadly there is no room for anything else. I have seen a ANHC with a CD player, the USB and AUX in cables were pulled down to the Cubby behind the cupholders.
I did not like that look, as it made the wires visible and introduced a lot of clutter to the dash. What i meant is that there would be more space for more USB sticks. Or a few USB sticks with an ipod and maybe a small phone too if squeezable.
It's just so that you can have a bigger variety of genres etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maanspeedo View Post
Dear mdsaab..

Sir , you certainly are bringing out a revolution here by your FE techniques.

Yes, some of us might really want to redline the automotive scene and not maintain that kind of constant speed , still it shall make sense to most of us under most of the driving conditions here in India . FE improvement does not harm anyone , hard hitter or smooth glider, whichever type of driver you are, FE is a concern always, especially with the sloppy governement hiding its face under the guise of increase in prices of essentials , including fuel !.

I am waiting impatiently for you to sort out your netbook issues and post in city Mileage figures, that should be our final aspiration

Regards and cheers
Thank you dear friend.
I actually bought the netbook today, but darn it. Something was wrong with it and had to send it back to the dealer
and hence a lot of stuff is pending such as Nitty Gritty's etc.
Here is another little update on the in City FE.
So as mentioned filled her up yesterday to the brim.
She was idling with the AC on for about 30 mins.
and upon reaching home the MID read 10.3kmpl.

Today took her out and she managed to scale upto 11.2 kmpl.
But then went in to buy the netbook and so the car was idling with the AC on for about 40mins in total.
The MID currently reads 10.1 kmpl.

Every time i fill her up it amazes me. The max to get a tankful was 2K.
Filling up the Civic is much much more expensive in comparison.

In Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi mdsaab,
One lesson for me from that snap of the teeny weeny device.
Before taking such snaps - always cut your nails !!! (Peace - JK !)
LOL! yes i actually cut my nails every Tuesday. But if i did the ratio would not have been 2 times the size of my nail. but 2.** something. So taking a cue from the perfectionist within i did not cut the nail for the snap.

2. Wow time flies indeed. 2 K on the odo sure came in fast.
Any negatives observed in the Golden Babe after these many KMs of experience ? Would be nice knowing that from your perspective.
Yeah would you look at that.
There is one minor niggle which i do hear at times. But it's sort of on and off.
when i steer the steering extremely slowly. There is a little creaking sound on both left and right sides. This happens on the initial quarter turn and then vanishes. Bug the hell out of me at times.
3. Say ! What happened to all those pills, potions and lotions snaps that you promised on Togo Channel ? I came all the way here and didn't find any...where are they ?
Take is a minor netbook setback. Shall upload them ASAP. Sorry you had to come all the way and get nothing to drool over. But then considering how loaded you are with all of these potions and lotions, there won't be much to drool over.
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2011, 22:05   #270
BHPian
 
charthom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 652
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maanspeedo View Post
still it shall make sense to most of us under most of the driving conditions here in India . FE improvement does not harm anyone , hard hitter or smooth glider, whichever type of driver you are, FE is a concern always, especially with the sloppy governement hiding its face under the guise of increase in prices of essentials , including fuel !.
Wisely spoken,Manspeedo-we tried to tease mdsaab-but his contribution is remarkable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi mdsaab,
One lesson for me from that snap of the teeny weeny device.
Before taking such snaps - always cut your nails !!! (Peace - JK !)
Guess you have learnt the lesson in the hard way.And for mdaab's nail-it was well groomed and clean. Check out the snap of the hand on the grab handle,a few pages back-if still skeptical.

Quote:
1. Well reminds me of the old Chinese adage - Old man marrying a young woman is like one man buying a book for another man to read !
His father has been letting him read the SIS so far- now better sense has prevailed and he is demanding her back(no disrespect to parents-mdsaab).Chinese proverb improved by Indian-mera Bharat mahaan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
and when my wife wants to run an errand or so, she too has a smaller AT to potter about town.
Take SIS back siting the above reason,whenever possible- and continue enjoying her whenever required.

Quote:
strangely the more important Q of in the City mileage has not been answered yet. What is rather scary though, is that even after all that it still reads 10kmpl at the end of the day.
I am not breaking my head in pursuit of non-existent answers. Hence have accepted the present figures. Let's see-I mean,let you see first-then we see.

Quote:
The pedal is very sensitive, even a slight prod more to the accelerator and it can make a big difference to your FE at the end.
+1 to this. Big difference. I am practising almost not touching the pedal.

Quote:
vb-san-Thanks for talking some sense in to me.
Sorry for microwaving your brain earlier. But the fact is, Chicca has to come in. But please practise your FE technique for her too and achieve trend setting figures. Moreover-an extensive drive of Chicca will refresh your experience and will help the comparo better.

BTW,sorry for the netbook breakdown. I am barely managing with my 21 inch screen on the desk top. Can't imagine a 10.1 inch screen!! But the netbook is very handy.Hope the new one is running in well. Guess get one for myself this time.

And that "twice the manicured nail size pendrive"-very good for leaving our music in the car-will get one soon too-but I will have to make separate folders-one for myself and the other for the other 2. Not every one likes classical music,sigh..
charthom is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
City City Bang Bang! 1000 kms Report of my Honda City SMT roadie_swift Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 39 4th June 2015 15:52
City Lights - Honda City S (ANHC) Vikster Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 105 30th December 2013 14:42
The 2012 Honda City CE Silver: Delivered & Hooked! nitin.rai Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 92 4th February 2013 17:50
How has my 1.4 litre FIRE FIAT LINEA (F. Red) has lived the 5000 kms run? A report. omar1310 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 29 26th December 2009 13:15
Hooked Up to Team-BHP Rocky_Balboa Introduce yourself 3 15th August 2006 22:23


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:05.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks