Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 10th August 2011, 23:21   #271
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Any negatives observed in the Golden Babe after these many KMs of experience ? Would be nice knowing that from your perspective.
There are some negatives in all ANHCs in fact. I never posted the dislikes about the ANHC but will post today. Would like to see what mdsaab, charthom and other ANHC owners feels about these negatives.

-> Absence of auto locks on ignition ON.

-> Undersized tyres

-> Voltage fluctuations

-> Horn sound variation on continuous honking

-> No beeps with remote locking/unlocking

-> No spare remote

-> No spare alloy wheel (for V variants)

-> Plastic quality is little cheap

-> Absence of electronically foldable side mirrors.

The list may grow or shrink as some dislikes are likes for others

Last edited by bluevolt : 10th August 2011 at 23:29.
bluevolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2011, 23:37   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt

There are some negatives in all ANHCs in fact. I never posted the dislikes about the ANHC but will post today. Would like to see what mdsaab, charthom and other ANHC owners feels about these negatives.

-> Absence of auto locks on ignition ON. <b> I like this as I can control and it's in my knowledge, however, I would like it to auto unlock in case of impact. </b>

-> Undersized tyres <b>you loving the mileage yes for enthusiast the tyres are thin but for efficiency suckers it's a bliss</b>

-> Voltage fluctuations <b> it's not too intrusive though but it's certainly not like Honda quality </b>

-> Horn sound variation on continuous honking <b> it's very nerve racking, if you are honking and then braking, that means you sense impact or it's a panic mode but Honda thinks it should not add to noise, thus cuts back on horn, uphill now SA says it can not be changed</b>

-> No beeps with remote locking/unlocking <b> it's a bliss for those who park within house porch. Silent entry and exit at night without disturbing parents, kids, neighbours, dogs and sometimes even my guard </b>

-> No spare remote <b>and even the nice key loses its shine and has lock marks on it, does not look good. cheap cost cutting, I agree</b>

-> No spare alloy wheel (for V variants). <b>I am doing 4 wheel rotation as the SA was lazy, he did not do a five wheel rotation as the wheel was steel and not alloy, sir humne soocha aacha nahin lagega (sir we did not think it would have looked pretty). Moron, I wanted you to take thetyre off the alloy and steel rim and then do the rotation. Anyhow, I got to know after 1000km so am now following 4 wheel thing. </b>

-> Plastic quality is little cheap <b>could have been soft plastics and good looking ones even with this harder type</b>

Bro, it's individual preference, maybe it's just me. Cheers!
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 08:53   #273
BHPian

Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I never posted the dislikes about the ANHC but will post today.
" 7month's itch",bluevolt? You rushed home and are already quarelling?Tch,ch.. Bad boy-give her an allowance

Quote:
Would like to see what mdsaab, charthom and other ANHC owners feels about these negatives.
Well-here are my opinions-your post in bold.

Yes, I second you. I feel this features should have been there.

-> Undersized tyres

Agree-design constraint though-FE will take a beating.

-> Voltage fluctuations

Looks like common for most cars. Just check the last few posts on my thread-I had raised this question again.

Never noticed-never honked continuously.

Yes-but is not the beep embarrassing? I consider it a good point. So is my i10.

-> No spare remote

Yes,very much a draw back

Of course,bad.

Agree-and gaps are more in some places.same about the beading quality. Even the gaps between the external metallic parts-eg C pillar and the boot when the boot is closed- are more/not uniform. Build quality is not top notch.

Yes.

I may add a few more:

1. No telescopic steering

2. Leather steering cover only on Exclusive.

3. No CD player

4. No ACC-big omission-single reason why many customers are turning away.

5. No turning indicators on ORVMs.

6. The boot lid should have some insulation inside-it looks very naked and awkward now.

7. Sound proofing is not enough.

8. A bit more torque on the engine is welcome.

9.No bottle holders for the rear doors-the central am rest is for bottles!!??The front ones too are not of generous size.

10.Well, Bluetooth and other fancy frills.

Hope I am not too greedy.

Last edited by charthom : 11th August 2011 at 08:55.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 09:28   #274
Senior - BHPian

In Bold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Wisely spoken,Manspeedo-we tried to tease mdsaab-but his contribution is remarkable.
Thanks.

Guess you have learnt the lesson in the hard way.And for mdaab's nail-it was well groomed and clean. Check out the snap of the hand on the grab handle,a few pages back-if still skeptical.
Thanks again..... I think i will employ a stylist, so before any photo shoots the stylist can work HER magic.

His father has been letting him read the SIS so far- now better sense has prevailed and he is demanding her back(no disrespect to parents-mdsaab).Chinese proverb improved by Indian-mera Bharat mahaan!!
LOL! But it's my mother who wants the Golden Babe back. My Dad is really cool.... he is happy with his Kinetic.

Take SIS back siting the above reason,whenever possible- and continue enjoying her whenever required.
Looks like i better give the Golden Beauty back else i will get a lot of flak from fellow Bhpians. But the money saved is huge considering our current running pattern.

I am not breaking my head in pursuit of non-existent answers. Hence have accepted the present figures. Let's see-I mean,let you see first-then we see.
No matter what i do, the figure seems to stay above 10 kmpl.
Yesterday too in the evening it was at 10.3kmpl.
Finally ended the day at 10.1 kmpl again with around 10 mins of idling.
So the total time she has been idling with the AC on is atleast 1 hour 10 minutes if not 20.

+1 to this. Big difference. I am practising almost not touching the pedal.
Here is another trick, the instantaneous FE is a great teacher.
So what you do is accelerate normally. then glance down and consciously remove some weight off the accelerator.
This will give you an idea of how you can cruise and maintain almost the same speed, but with a feather touch on the accelerator.

Sorry for microwaving your brain earlier. But the fact is, Chicca has to come in. But please practise your FE technique for her too and achieve trend setting figures. Moreover-an extensive drive of Chicca will refresh your experience and will help the comparo better.
I shall do the same soon. Especially since the GB will be in for service soon. Oh how i wish Chicca had the MID with fuel efficiency reading. One thing i will sorely miss.
BTW,sorry for the netbook breakdown. I am barely managing with my 21 inch screen on the desk top. Can't imagine a 10.1 inch screen!! But the netbook is very handy.Hope the new one is running in well. Guess get one for myself this time.
My Netbook has an 11.6 inch HD screen. Is extremely light, which is good for using atop the loo
I bought a new one and then had to give it back as something was wrong with it.
Sigh! Lets see.

And that "twice the manicured nail size pendrive"-very good for leaving our music in the car-will get one soon too-but I will have to make separate folders-one for myself and the other for the other 2. Not every one likes classical music,sigh..
It's well worth it. make sure you get it for less than Rs.700/-

Quote:

I do not miss this feature at all. Infact one thing i hate about this feature is when say you are at a traffic light and switch off the engine to save fuel and planet earth. The car unlocks. and with a child onboard that is truly undesirable.

-> Undersized tyres
I am here with you, but in the interest of fuel economy i shall live without it.

-> Voltage fluctuations
Common to many vehicles. Both the Civic and ANHC do the same.
Highly irritating. I wish they gave a better horn, and two at that.
Again i like the subtle elegance of not having those beeps. I know Noops is highly irritated with the horn type indication Fraulein gives.
All you have to do is keep an eye on any turn indicator and watch it blink 3 times and then you are good to go. Infact the Matiz which has autocop does it the other way, it blinks only once when you lock it and thrice when you unlock. It's better the Honda way.

-> No spare remote
Honda are extremely stingy folks. There is no excuse for this. We demand a spare remote.
Again, Come on Honda what were you thinking. It's only one variant that comes with Alloy's atleast give them 5.
I agree with you, in some places it is not that great.
Sorely missed. Especially when you are used to the Civic.
Your points are absolutely valid. and observation too, some dislikes will grow and some shrink.
Quote:
" 7month's itch",bluevolt? You rushed home and are already quarelling?Tch,ch.. Bad boy-give her an allowance

I may add a few more:

Would have been nice, but am living without it. Thankfully the driver ergonomics are pretty good.

They want you to feel exclusive and hence. but i see your point. They should extend it atleast till the V variant.
3. No CD player
Do not really need it. I am thoroughly enjoying IPOD and USB connectivity.
Extremely valid point. No excuse for this really. It's almost like a staple now.
Again, i sorely miss these. It's not that normal turn indicators do not do their job. but it feels nice to have them up on the ORVM's.
Also helpful to glance at that ORVM to confirm whether the car has locked. it's somewhat more visible.
6. The boot lid should have some insulation inside-it looks very naked and awkward now.
Yes and coming from the Civic it does look odd to see the metal.
So far i have been quite alright with this part, though many have complained. I have at times found it so quiet inside without the music. and a feather pedal touch. that it's almost as deadening as an electric vehicle. You can experience this too as you coast down to a traffic signal. Please try it and post back.
The way i am currently driving. I am probably only tapping 1/3 of the potential, so not complaining.
9.No bottle holders for the rear doors-the central am rest is for bottles!!??The front ones too are not of generous size.
Yes nothing at the back for storage, not even a small map pocket.
That's pretty ridiculous. Blame it on the position of the rear speaker. They should have moved it out back like in the Civic.
You bet, but it is now becoming segment standard, and so hopefully we can see it on the facelift soon.
No you are not, considering many of these things have grown into segment standards. It's only right that you should expect them.

~~~

Ok so i better post the Nitty Gritty's and fast, else there will be nothing to gain from them. as everything would be discussed.

~~~

Got a message from my Mother yesterday.
it seems Honda has sent her an SMS informing of the service.
Goes something like.....
Your Honda vehicle is due for service.

Boy am i so glad it was not followed by another mesaage from my Mother.
Reading......
The Golden Beauty is way past her due date, please return to respective owners immediately.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 09:29   #275
BHPian

Quote:

Is that really such a negative , I did not feel so

-> Undersized tyres

So damn true, My first ride from stockyard to home was super light and bumpy , reason why I changed to wider tyres next day itself ( long story ). Yes FE takes a beating but not much. tyre upsize , highly recommended .

-> Voltage fluctuations

Never experienced,just a month old baby , so shall look for it now

Have experienced it in many other cars, dont honk continuusly ,its not good for the environment , noise pollution!

Yes, In our country , we all want beeps and many beeps everytime someone touches our car, tows it away, parks the car and even when says a dialogue in a movie, but to think of it , it is not such a bad thing especially it may become embarrassing sometimes if you partied late nigth and came home .

-> No spare remote

I hated this , and still do this cheap act of Honda !

Another cheap one , I have VMT and I hate Honda for this ,how would my beauty look if I had to cchnage to spare , Katrina kaif on one crutch , nah !

Agreed, my door panel inner lock already bent while doing leather work for it , had to stick with adhesive

They could have given these atleast,It feels really bad when I park my red beauty at the office parking everyday and then get down to fold the mirrors, one interesting female colleague actually asked , " oh they do not fold on their own like fluidic ? ".listen to it Honda !

Quote:

Not much of a concern for me but would have loved it anyway

Thats okay ,if we want leather we can get it done after market.

3. No CD player

yeah, I had to actually copy all my world music CDs to computer, transfer into USB/IPOD for this , not too happy

Big big big omission

Thats okay with me

really?, got to check it now .

Will agree 500%

I feel torque is okay, especially wfter TDing so many of them .

Never noticed

Fancy they are, as you said.
Always optional after market, why make them OE, some people dont want fancy stuff

Greedy, we all are
Maanspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 09:45   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Take is a minor netbook setback. Shall upload them ASAP. Sorry you had to come all the way and get nothing to drool over. But then considering how loaded you are with all of these potions and lotions, there won't be much to drool over.
Yo mdsaab,
1. Pity about missing you appointment with your nails on Tuesday.

2. Not to worry about the P&P snaps - load them whenever possible no rush.
OT: And drooling over somebody else's P&Ps is far more thrilling than slobbering at what you have (which in reality is pitifully little compared to what the GEMs have here). A man thing since time immemorial I guess. So waiting.
Which brings me of course to the old quip - Marriage is like ordering a dish in a restaurant. You think you have the best - till you see what the chap at the neighbouring table has ordered !
So it is with all P&Ps and auto accessories I assure you.

Quote:
1. Guess you have learnt the lesson in the hard way.And for mdaab's nail-it was well groomed and clean. Check out the snap of the hand on the grab handle,a few pages back-if still skeptical.

2. +1 to this. Big difference. I am practising almost not touching the pedal.
Hi Charthom,
1. That doesn't 'nail' my learning though !

2. Say... you folks are practicising the corpse walk or something ? Trying to drive without touching the pedal ? Next step would be driving by leaving the car behind at home.

Quote:
There are some negatives in all ANHCs in fact.

Hi bluevolt,
Many thanks for the list. Helps one understand the vehicle well.
The two points mentioned above is quite common in some of the other vehicles too.
The TFort/Scorp too has an issue with wavery/ing sound on continuous honking so I resort to only sharp bursts. Continuous honking as a sign of great annoyance has resorted to just once on the TFort, this when two bus drivers, in Chikmagalur, from opposite sides stopped bang in the middle of a narrow road and were exchanging 'Gaon ka Khabar' - when I discovered the varying pitch of the horn. But not a major issue really.

No beeps on remote or auto locking on ignition on either on the TFort either. The auto locks activate only on attaining 20KMPH. To my mind for safety and security in the Indian context the locks should activate the moment you switch on the ignition.

[quote=charthom;2464145

I may add a few more:

Hope I am not too greedy.[/quote]

Thanks for that list Charthom.

Incidentally thanks to mdsaab/charthom/bluevolt/et al - keenly observing the City (the car !) on the roads.
This morning I spotted a brand new greyish brown one with these badges - "City/ 'V'/ivtec/ Exclusive"...what would this "Exclusive" denote ? Some different offerings for a limited period ?

Last edited by Guderian : 11th August 2011 at 09:46.
Guderian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 10:15   #277
BHPian

Let me try to justify them, not necessarily I agree with it but just for the sake of justification (just meant for fun -no offence meant here)

Quote:

Its a feature, the car doesn't want to cage you, wants you to be free and not feel claustrophobic.

-> Undersized tyres

You want efficiency right?? with low rolling resistance they increased a mileage by notch. (not kidding -but Honda purposely undersized it for efficiency reasons)

-> Voltage fluctuations

The puny battery ensures less leads and acids are added to the environment, it my way of being eco friendly.

Shooo -How much you honk man?? ensures sound pollutions under check.

I don't want to attract attention by making noise to my adorable beauty -do you understand envious glares ??

-> No spare remote

whats the use man?? with spare remote & immobilizer you are inviting car theft. (BTW- it could be due to cost cutting).

Again a cost cutting measure. BTW many cars don't provide it. Some premium cars don't even provide the extra wheel at all.

okay I will provide better plastic -the prices are going up by 40K

I want you to walk around your car adoring my beauty while folding the mirrors manually. (BTW- the mirrors fold in other direction on hit without damaging the assembly -Indian traffic conditions -Which other car manufactorer provides it ??)
Quote:
Well-here are my opinions-your

Agree-and gaps are more in some places.same about the beading quality. Even the gaps between the external metallic parts-eg C pillar and the boot when the boot is closed- are more/not uniform. Build quality is not top notch.

Depends whom you are comparing the build quality with ?
BTW the panel gaps are very consistant on ANHC, I didn't find any variation on this as I was very critical about this when I went for it.

I may add a few more:

Move your seat man -back n forth, Up n down. Your seat is your telescope

Exclusive costs bucks -people here cry about existing EMT prices what can you say about options when enforced ??

3. No CD player

This futuristic, gone are the good old days of cassette player & CD's, Now you have i-PODS, a finger nail size memory holding 16GB , ext-HDD.

Sorry, couldn't think of better reply than "cost cutting"

How many lights do you want man? I have already give you 3 side indicators

That is called transparency, look at my inner self too.

C'mon you should know whats going on in outside world -making you aware of things around you.

Dude your ARAI claims 15.6 kmpl, I am delivering 16.5 kmpl at 118PS is it still less?? I already beat by fellow compatriots by atleast 2-3 seconds. If you want more go to my elder sister for CIVIC -132PS.

Bottles are Big NO-NO. I known what kind of bottle you want to hold in there.

Do you want tent, lavatory, bathroom, disco light?? You are not here to stay and keep fiddling with your gizmos. When you are here either adore my beauty or drive.

What are you saying man? You are the most greedy person I came across in this world. You want Katrina Kaif at the cost of Koena Mitra? Kuch to socho??

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 11th August 2011 at 10:40.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 10:31   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Here I would like to clear this point. I want beeps only on locking and unlocking which confirms me that car is locked or unlocked from a distance.

I don't want an impact sensor which beeps even when a passerby touches the car.
bluevolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 11:51   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt

Here I would like to clear this point. I want beeps only on locking and unlocking which confirms me that car is locked or unlocked from a distance.

But BV buddy.
On a crowded city street where noise levels are high.
At a distance you may not even be able to hear the beeps.
So in this case the visual indications serves us better.
But yes ofcourse the beepers flash too.

Remi cuz loved your sense.of humour
A great read.
Keep em' coming

Last edited by mdsaab : 11th August 2011 at 11:52.
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 12:04   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Let me try to justify them, not necessarily I agree with it but just for the sake of justification (just meant for fun -no offence meant here)
BTW- the mirrors fold in other direction on hit without damaging the assembly -Indian traffic conditions -Which other car manufactorer provides it ??)
Risking a bit of nit picking, but this mirror folding thingy is also offered on the Manza. I am not sure of any others.
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 12:05   #281
BHPian

ya, in big malls with huge parking place like mantri Mall in bangalore, without a beep, it take sometime to search my ANHC. With santro its breeze, easy to find with autocop.

And ACC and Electric folding mirror is a big miss. It certainly loose lot of customer due to this. I almost wanted to go for Verna AT for lack of ACC. But due to wife pressure i choose ANHC.

Last edited by shamanth : 11th August 2011 at 12:08.
shamanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 13:05   #282
BHPian

Quote:

-> Absence of auto locks on ignition ON. - Don't think it'll cost Honda too much to provide this. Heck, my 6 year old Indica with Autocop has this.

-> Undersized tyres - Think I can live with that for now. Perhaps will get better shoes once petrol prices reaches earth, I'm dreaming.

-> Voltage fluctuations - Now this is scary. I'm looking to get an after market ICE (3-way component, amp, sub blah blah blah) you think the punny battery will take the load?

Does changing the OEM battery void the warranty too?

Experts please opine on this one.

-> Horn sound variation on continuous honking - Don't think people / car's ahead are bothered whether you honk or not. They'll do what they want to ; fall in line or chose your way.

-> No beeps with remote locking/unlocking - From Autocop experience it's nasty when you lock the car in the dead of the night.

-> No spare remote - Didn't you know Honda saved a million there?

-> No spare alloy wheel (for V variants) - Why give a spare wheel? It would have costed them too?

How about Run Flat Tyres instead of the spare wheel?

-> Plastic quality is little cheap - A little ? it'll put the old videocon washing machine to shame

-> Absence of electronically foldable side mirrors. - May be the puny battery couldn't take the load.
Oh yes almost forgot, Honda does provide A.C.C - just roll down your windows and feel the difference (sorry exhausted my quotas of smiley's)
arup.misra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 16:08   #283
Senior - BHPian

Just a little update on the FE within the City.
Car always run with AC on.
Idle time with AC 1hour 30minutes.
Not counting idle time at traffic lights.
Here are the pics.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img2011081100242.jpg
The Average.

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img2011081100243.jpg
The Trip since fill.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img2011081100245.jpg
The range.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img2011081100246.jpg
The fuel gauge.

Last edited by mdsaab : 11th August 2011 at 16:26.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 16:18   #284
Senior - BHPian

435 kms on half a tank . Is that the 'range' for this trip (after refuel)? Or am I missing something here. My diesel car does not give that kinda mileage in the city.

Mdsaab: I suppose its time for you to start a driving school, the one that teaches you to get maximum FE from your car. Ill be the first one to enrol. Promise.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 16:33   #285
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Does the ANHC sensor at least flash the light once as in the Autocop on my Swift? That, or a small beep-beep sound is all I need.

In the Vento, the lock-unlock is linked to the horn . It's so embarrassing and downright disturbing when I sometimes drive into/out of my complex in the early hours. Two blasts of the horn to unlock, one to lock. It sucks!

Edit: just saw mash's latest pics. No offence mate but the dials on the Honda are so 1980s. How come the Civic gets a sexy digital dash while the cousin has to be made do with these hand-me-downs?

Last edited by noopster : 11th August 2011 at 16:35.
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote