Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 11th August 2011, 16:45   #286
BHPian

Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
435 kms on half a tank . Is that the 'range' for this trip (after refuel)? Or am I missing something here. My diesel car does not give that kinda mileage in the city.

Mdsaab: I suppose its time for you to start a driving school, the one that teaches you to get maximum FE from your car. Ill be the first one to enrol. Promise.
Even though it gives such range, in actual range will be lot less. Range calculator is wrong most times.
shamanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 16:46   #287
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
How come the Civic gets a sexy digital dash while the cousin has to be made do with these hand-me-downs?
Quite simple, the Civic was a segment changer, and Honda left no stone unturned to reinvent one their most successful model worldwide. Whereas for City, they didnít have to try too hard. Itís a market specific car, and even the odd looking previous gen City was quite successful in the target markets. And in comparison, the current one looks smashing

Note: And thatís why I keep mentioning to Mdsaab Ė Donít leave the Chicca
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 16:49   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does the ANHC sensor at least flash the light once as in the Autocop on my Swift? That, or a small beep-beep sound is all I need.

In the Vento, the lock-unlock is linked to the horn . It's so embarrassing and downright disturbing when I sometimes drive into/out of my complex in the early hours. Two blasts of the horn to unlock, one to lock. It sucks!
Perhaps mdsaab should confirm about the ANHC, but the Jazz has that small sound (more a clickety click than a beep beep) with a light indicator (twice or thrice I think).

Come on, is the Vento designed that way really? Can you not disable it in some way? Perhaps *** will charge you 4K for that too
I will have to ensure that no Vento is parked near my apartment when I finally get there!
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 17:07   #289
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Quite simple, the Civic was a segment changer, and Honda left no stone unturned...
My brother from Lahlahland, that was a rhetorical question! The Civic is what it is and we love her for it. But the poor City could at least have nicer looking dials, no?!!

Quote:
And that’s why I keep mentioning to Mdsaab – Don’t leave the Chicca
Yup- that's sound advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Come on, is the Vento designed that way really? Can you not disable it in some way? Perhaps *** will charge you 4K for that too
It can probably be disabled with a VAG.com- need to check with the Master, aka Akki5 . Asked the service centre guys and they gave a sheepish grin and said, sab log yehich boltay. Geez!

Quote:
I will have to ensure that no Vento is parked near my apartment when I finally get there!
Not even mine?

Last edited by noopster : 11th August 2011 at 17:11.
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 17:08   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
435 kms on half a tank . Is that the 'range' for this trip (after refuel)? Or am I missing something here. My diesel car does not give that kinda mileage in the city.

Mdsaab: I suppose its time for you to start a driving school, the one that teaches you to get maximum FE from your car. Ill be the first one to enrol. Promise.
Sorry had a problem with the android application. It's acting up today.
Even crashed on me a few times which has never happened before.
Uploaded the photo's once again from my laptop.
Also clicked a better one of the fuel gauge.
It's not half a tank.

But this is the range for this trip which was reset at the time of tanking up.
Ok, we will have to wait for the liaison head Senior Dot. You will have to meet him, and he will guide you on the various courses and batches which will suit your requirements
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 17:23   #291
Senior - BHPian

First of all WHOA!
So many posts, had a short meeting and in that a whole lot of posts have taken place.
Thank you everyone.
Now down to business.
Quote:
Does the ANHC sensor at least flash the light once as in the Autocop on my Swift? That, or a small beep-beep sound is all I need.
The ANHC blinks thrice when locking.
and once when unlocking.
In the Vento, the lock-unlock is linked to the horn . It's so embarrassing and downright disturbing when I sometimes drive into/out of my complex in the early hours. Two blasts of the horn to unlock, one to lock. It sucks!
I know that is one thing you really hate, infact remembered you when this topic came up and posted about in my previous post.

Edit: just saw mash's latest pics. No offence mate but the dials on the Honda are so 1980s. How come the Civic gets a sexy digital dash while the cousin has to be made do with these hand-me-downs?
This is the way it is with Honda. At first i absolutely hated them, but now i am quite used to them. They dim to a much better color in the evening when you switch your parking lights on
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Even though it gives such range, in actual range will be lot less. Range calculator is wrong most times.
Now that is yet another thing i will have to get checked out.
But i am guessing you are right, this range does not seem achievable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Quite simple, the Civic was a segment changer, and Honda left no stone unturned to reinvent one their most successful model worldwide. Whereas for City, they didnít have to try too hard. Itís a market specific car, and even the odd looking previous gen City was quite successful in the target markets. And in comparison, the current one looks smashing
Agree with you completely.
Note: And thatís why I keep mentioning to Mdsaab Ė Donít leave the Chicca
Gosh you folks are making it really hard for me. But please do remember, when i go back to Chicca i will not have much to post in this thread. So here is something for you folks to think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Perhaps mdsaab should confirm about the ANHC, but the Jazz has that small sound (more a clickety click than a beep beep) with a light indicator (twice or thrice I think).
I think the clickety click is the door locking. Is that what you are referring to?
As Noops said it can probably be disabled via vagcom.
Quote:
My brother from Lahlahland, that was a rhetorical question! The Civic is what it is and we love her for it. But the poor City could at least have nicer looking dials, no?!!
Yeah they could have definately done a better job.

Yup- that's sound advice!
Indeed. But now think about it again.

Not even mine?
Fraulein is family, and family will always be welcome. It's the other Vento's SD is talking about.

~~~
Moving along.
Just hired a new driver, for my parents.
The current one is still around, so this new one will work for me for a week to ten days.
Problem....
I don't really need or want one.
Anyways he said he will be at work tomorrow morning.
Let's see how it goes.

MODS PLEASE MERGE.... Sorry for back to back posts
Old 11th August 2011, 17:38   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It can probably be disabled with a VAG.com- need to check with the Master, aka Akki5 . Asked the service centre guys and they gave a sheepish grin and said, sab log yehich boltay. Geez!

Not even mine?
The disabling part sounds like a relief; more so to the neighbours.

All Vento's and Polo's (and all other cars) that bring people to my place are most welcome to create as loud a racket as they like. In fact we would like to join in too

btw, if Fraulein/ Chicca/ sis/ scorponok/ "Cappuccino Beige boy" are seen in the vicinity and you are not visiting me, ahem; I will have to take this offline. :flexing wannabe muscles (actually only a nerve!)
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 19:21   #293
Senior - BHPian

I would like to share what I just discovered, a nice touch by Honda.
It has started raining now in Gurgaon and it's quite a shower at that.
The wiper stock is touch sensitive when it's not engaged in interval or rapid mode. That is to say if you delicately push it upwards, the wiper sweep is slow, if you push it harder, the wiper do a rapid clean sweep, quite useful when it's raining just to make your car dirty

Another thing I see is that my car has started to idle quite low from 600 to about 800 while its raining, maybe its the case if AC isnt ůn.

Cheers!
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 19:52   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
I would like to share what I just discovered, a nice touch by Honda.
It has started raining now in Gurgaon and it's quite a shower at that.
The wiper stock is touch sensitive when it's not engaged in interval or rapid mode. That is to say if you delicately push it upwards, the wiper sweep is slow, if you push it harder, the wiper do a rapid clean sweep, quite useful when it's raining just to make your car dirty

Another thing I see is that my car has started to idle quite low from 600 to about 800 while its raining, maybe its the case if AC isnt ůn.

Cheers!
Hey there buddy. That's sounds really cool can't wait to check it out.
Btw checked the handbrake issue.
There is some movement toward the driver when not engaged. It's a very very slight movement. Only when you tug at it. But thankfully it does not rattle.
When engaged though. There is no play at all.
Hope this helps.
Drive Safe!
Old 11th August 2011, 19:52   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In ANHC when we lock the car, all indicators flash 3 times when we lock the car and indicators flashes one time when we unlock the car. But in both cases a beep is not involved i.e. the system is totally silent. It should have a beep associated with lock/unlock. Also if by chance any door remains open the system should trigger siren or at least a beep but Honda City don't have this feature. I don't want a reverse gear siren.

The indoor light turns on unlocking the car and it fades out on pressing the lock button.

Last edited by bluevolt : 11th August 2011 at 19:53.
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 20:01   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab
Hey there buddy. That's sounds really cool can't wait to check it out.
Btw checked the handbrake issue.
There is some movement toward the driver when not engaged. It's a very very slight movement. Only when you tug at it. But thankfully it does not rattle.
When engaged though. There is no play at all.
Hope this helps.
Drive Safe!
Mine too has about a mm but it does move unlike other cars. No rattle for me either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt

In ANHC when we lock the car, all indicators flash 3 times when we lock the car and indicators flashes one time when we unlock the car. But in both cases a beep is not involved i.e. the system is totally silent. It should have a beep associated with lock/unlock. Also if by chance any door remains open the system should trigger siren or at least a beep but Honda City don't have this feature. I don't want a reverse gear siren.

The indoor light turns on unlocking the car and it fades out on pressing the lock button.
If the door is ajar, the system does not flash lights at all. I like it silent. Have never seen a city in panic mode, what happens if it's being broken into?

The interior lights also fade once you engage the key.
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2011, 09:42   #297
Senior - BHPian

Right Folks.
Continuing with the Nitty Gritty's here they come.
Sadly the new netbook has not arrived yet, however getting along with it on my trusty old laptop.

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0020.jpg
No door pockets on the rear door, a HUGE omission. Blame it on that odd placement of the rear speaker then. Honda would have been better off placing it on the rear parcel shelf.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0021.jpg
A very useful cubby placed between the two front seats. Can be used to keep your phone or other Knick Knacks as well as doubles us as a cupholder. BTW it can fit a huge 1 liter bottle too. Very Very useful indeed.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0022.jpg
Two Cup holders in the rear armrest. Very useful indeed. Holds the cups well in place. Have not tried putting a 1 liter bottle in there, but my guess is they will NOT fit.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0023.jpg
The Leatherette quality is very good. It also has the wrinkled effect like in the Accord.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0024.jpg
The wrinkled effect is very much on the seat base too. That central crease is one place where a lot of crumbs can accumalate.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0025.jpg
Would have been nice to have a little space to put in the lapbelt as it otherwise just hangs around. Though no one sitting in the back has ever complained.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0026.jpg
The Footrest at the back slopes upwards, the rear occupants are a comfortable bunch.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0027.jpg
Not having a door pocket the rear occupants have to resort to putting their bottles and chips in the front seat back pocket.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0028.jpg

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0029.jpg
Two Views of the arm rest between the front seats.
It's decently deep. but more space would have surely been welcome, especially after coming from the Civic. In there are my Sunglasses and a small little wallet. There is space for just a little bit more.
mdsaab is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2011, 09:51   #298
BHPian

I think the rear arm rest can hold the tomatoes too, if placed right. Just kidding!

Nice set of photos and details. With all the FE tricks, your wallet looks heavy
prabhuferrari is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2011, 01:17   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
I think the rear arm rest can hold the tomatoes too, if placed right. Just kidding!
Nice set of photos and details. With all the FE tricks, your wallet looks heavy
Thanks there. So the first round of coffee is on me then

~~~

A lot of updates to post today, and on various subjects too.

A little Nitty Gritty update first. I can't quite remember whether i clicked this one earlier. So posting it now.

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img2011081200247.jpg
This extremely useful cubby for the front passenger to store their apenleibe, mobile phone, camera etc.

Moving along...
Remember i told you folks about a new driver who was hired yesterday.
Well today was his first day on the job.
I am not used to having a driver around, and really did not know what to do with the guy.
Ran a few errands, and slowly got used to taking it easy on the front passenger seat, and hence you get that Nitty Gritty snap.
Anyway, let us take a look at the Driver effect shall we.
Day 1 (Gosh i hope there will not be anymore posts on this)
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img2011081200250.jpg
Fuel Avg nosedives to 8.9kmpl. The worst ever in the history of the Golden Beauty.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img2011081200251.jpg
Range too nosedives accordingly
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img2011081200252.jpg
You can see we did not rack up too many miles and yet.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img2011081200253.jpg
The fuel tank is just about over half now.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img2011081200256.jpg

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img2011081200257.jpg
And that was not all, a small mishap while parking. and Golden Beauty gets her first ever scratch. Thankfully not too visible from afar.

Lessons learnt ~ Drive Your OWN Car.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img2011081200258.jpg
Here's a little sneak peak of Chicca.
Today my mom asked me point blank, look son, do you want to keep the Golden Beauty? Then give me Chicca.
I said i will let her know.
On another note. at first my daughter would refuse to get into the Golden Beauty and say that Chicca is my car. while the Golden Beauty is Grandpa's
But now it's the other way round. She thinks the Golden Beauty is hers and Chicca is Grandpa's
Dilemma Dilemma!
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img2011081200259.jpg
Now we all know very well that the ANHC comes with only one remote key, and that the spare is a manual one.
But today wanted to check the Civic spare. And guess what.
It's the same setup. The civic spare is non remote too.
Now look at the two spare keys. You would expect the better looking silver finish one to be the Civic right!?!
Sorry Sir, the better looking one actually belongs to the ANHC.

But here is the difference
I used both the keys to see how each one locks / unlocks.
Here is what i found.
The Civic indicators blink just like when using the remote.
3 flashes when locking.
1 flash while unlocking.
While in the ANHC there is no flashing of the indicators while locking or unlocking.

Also noticed that although the ANHC does not have ACC.
On blower 1
The AC is super quiet, there is hardly any sound in the cabin, and you could mistake the AC for being off.
I was really impressed.

and oh yes almost forgot to post this funny.
Both the Golden Beauty and Chicca's seat height is kept at the lowest possible setting.
Today i decided to start up Chicca as it had been a while.
So i got out of the Golden Beauty, and unlocked Chicca and as i sat back into the seat.
I actually fell back as the seat is pretty low in comparison.
Ofcourse Chicca and I had a great laugh about it.
Nothing comes close to her Digital Display though.
and after the Golden Beauty.
I did feel like i was in a sports car when seated in Chicca.
Well folks such is the magic of the Civic.

Last edited by mdsaab : 13th August 2011 at 01:31.
mdsaab is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2011, 11:54   #300
Senior - BHPian

There is no doubt that Civic is many times better than City. Be it in terms of handling, looks, power and the feel. It's all different game in Civic.

But now you are in quite a dilemma. Well now it will be interesting to see your decision. But I guess it doesn't matter much if you chose any car as one car will be with parents and parents car is our car Right?

Do let us know your call quickly.

PS - I think you will go for Chicca!

EDIT : And yes, I hate drivers

Last edited by bluevolt : 13th August 2011 at 11:56.
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote