Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 21st August 2011, 12:50   #346
BHPian

Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Some more pictures... You will see that every nook and corner was cleaned including grills, body between panels and glass, head lamp assembly and space in between

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-3.jpg
Gloss!

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-4.jpg

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-5.jpg

Favorite stickers!

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-6.jpg

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-2.jpg

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-wp_000348.jpg
sudeepg is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2011, 12:56   #347
BHPian

Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Some more pictures... You will see that every nook and corner was cleaned including grills, body between panels and glass, head lamp assembly and space in between

Attachment 597022
Gloss!

Attachment 597024

Attachment 597026

Favorite stickers!

Attachment 597028

Attachment 597030

Attachment 597033
Awsome mate. My next thing in my wishlist is to get my ANHC detailed by them after I complete with the run in of the car as soon as it is out of 3rd free service.
kirantp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2011, 13:02   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Are you all buckled up folks?
High revving news for you guys.
The ANHC - Civic Comparo has hit it's production stage.
And so here is a "Teaser" pic for you folks.
Ah, here it comes finally. Thanks dot and mdsaab for making this happen at last. I have to admit that the City is really holding its own against the two Civics. Just goes to show how cleverly Honda has designed these beauties. Even after 5 and 3 years of launch, both the cars are still stunners on road.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2011, 19:41   #349
BHPian

Quote:
@sudeepg: Excellent detailing results.
Hats off to UD.
Please keep the car finish intact with the additional sealent/wax coats periodically; it shouldn't be difficult now to maintain the car looks once you have the first detailing job done well.
RemingtonSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2011, 21:30   #350
BHPian

Quote:

Special Special Thanks to Dear Friend Dot for making this happen.

Yes that's right folks, Surprise, we have for you not ONE but TWO Civics and the ANHC.
L - R
Chicca ~ Golden Beauty ~ Scorponok
mdsaab, great teaser!! Only adds fuel to the anxiety. Can't wait. Thanks to both you and dot for materialising it.

And great venue too- is that your society? Both Chicca and Goldie have same no.as well!!

Quote:
~Revelation~
Drive with a constant foot as far as possible.
Avoid accelerating hard and then cruising along.
Why?
Because when you get back to the accelerator after cruising along, you will see the instantaneous fuel efficiency bars go all the way down. Keeping a constant foot you can keep the instantaneous bars in the almost 20 kmpl range.
Profuse thanks again-Mate. I will soon venture out on the high way to try out your principles

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
Boy o Boy. Friends, two of the best threads on ANHC running currently at the moment.

The mdsaab thread over here and the other one is by Charthom. You bet you will find all the information you need for your ANHCs and much more by digging deep into these two threads.

Keep them rolling team.
Thanks for including me too,Kiran. Will work harder to raise more to the expectations.

Wow-Sudeep,stunning pictures.

Last edited by charthom : 21st August 2011 at 21:34.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2011, 21:47   #351
BHPian

Quote:
It shall be completed offline in 3 stages, and then posted in one go on a brand new thread.
mdsaab, returning to this thread after a while (was too held up with non-forum stuff, including starting my own ownership tread - btw where are you - didn't see u there!). And what do I find on return??!!!!

Wonderful news

Now Honda has you hooked and
You have us hooked!

Bring it on!

Last edited by Poitive : 21st August 2011 at 21:49.
Poitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2011, 23:58   #352
Senior - BHPian

First of all sorry folks was busy today so did not reply earlier.
Quote:
Thanks for the nitty gritty snaps, mdsaab. Well brought out! I like the default grill. It has a smiling and water fall effect. Some of my colleagues think it has a 70mm smile and its a put off. The other grill gives it a distinct look, but I think there is a chrome overdose treatment. AS GTO mentioned on another thread, there can be lots of chrome treatment but subtle and that makes it look good.
Hey Sudeep i totally agree with you.
Quote:
Boy o Boy. Friends, two of the best threads on ANHC running currently at the moment.
Thanks for making my day
The mdsaab thread over here and the other one is by Charthom. You bet you will find all the information you need for your ANHCs and much more by digging deep into these two threads.
I agree with you Charthom's thread is absolutely brilliant.
Keep them rolling team.
Will do our best.
Quote:
Sudeep, thanks for posting some superb detailing pics on this thread too.
The job is mind glowingly brilliant.

Quote:
Awsome mate. My next thing in my wishlist is to get my ANHC detailed by them after I complete with the run in of the car as soon as it is out of 3rd free service.
Tell me about it, either the detailers have to come down to Pune, or us Pune folks have to drive down to Bangalore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Ah, here it comes finally. Thanks dot and mdsaab for making this happen at last. I have to admit that the City is really holding its own against the two Civics. Just goes to show how cleverly Honda has designed these beauties. Even after 5 and 3 years of launch, both the cars are still stunners on road.
You bet the designers at Honda please take a bow. One of the reason many decide on a Honda is for the radical design language. It really sets them apart from the other vehicles on the road.
Well part 1 is over, but we actually still have a long way to go before the full comparo is ready for posting. Hope to finish is ASAP though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
@sudeepg: Excellent detailing results.
Hats off to UD.
Please keep the car finish intact with the additional sealent/wax coats periodically; it shouldn't be difficult now to maintain the car looks once you have the first detailing job done well.
You bet, and coming from a detailing expert in his own right. That is some advice i would follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
mdsaab, great teaser!! Only adds fuel to the anxiety. Can't wait. Thanks to both you and dot for materialising it.
I am glad you liked the Teaser, hope it does it's teasing job well. LOL! I Sincerely thank Dot for taking the time out and helping me with the comparo.
And ofcourse having Scorpo too is a real pleasure.
And great venue too- is that your society? Both Chicca and Goldie have same no.as well!!
Thanks, actually no it's not our society, it's a neighboring one.
Yes you noticed. Infact a funny thing is how the prices for the same number have gone up in the 3 years between the two purchases.
1. Chicca ~ 5K
2. Golden Beauty ~ 8K

Profuse thanks again-Mate. I will soon venture out on the high way to try out your principles
Come on now, i am blushing. I wish you the best of luck in attaining the mileage figures you desire.

Thanks for including me too,Kiran. Will work harder to raise more to the expectations.
Extremely well deserved, yours is a brilliant thread.
Wow-Sudeep,stunning pictures.
Aren't they jaw dropping!?! Can't wait to get Chicca detailed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
mdsaab, returning to this thread after a while (was too held up with non-forum stuff, including starting my own ownership tread - btw where are you - didn't see u there!). And what do I find on return??!!!!

Wonderful news

Now Honda has you hooked and
You have us hooked!

Bring it on!
Hey Poitive buddy, was missing you, it's been a while.
Thanks for stopping by.
I am extremely sorry for not stopping by on your ownership thread. I seem to have missed it, not to worry though, first login tomorrow will see me at your thread. Congratulations! i am really eager to see which car you bought. You have me Hooked. God this is more than the teaser pic.
See you on your thread.
Drive Safe!
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 11:03   #353
Senior - BHPian

Sudeep looks like you have brought is Pune.folks some luck.
While on my way to work, just saw a white Omni van.
And it read "Mobile Detailing Unit"
Unfortunately could not get the name or number.
But now we Pune folks have hope.
Old 22nd August 2011, 11:34   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Sudeep looks like you have brought is Pune.folks some luck.
While on my way to work, just saw a white Omni van.
And it read "Mobile Detailing Unit"
Unfortunately could not get the name or number.
But now we Pune folks have hope.
@mdsaab: Don't venture out to any Tom-Dick n Harry for car detailing.
In this industry manjority of the guys are ill knowledged and use sub-standard products. Then don't even understand why they apply certain products and how those products actually work. 3M-teflon etc. etc. is a big NO-NO. The can cause more harm than any good in long term. (In short term though they can dazzle you with the finish -but again you can get that you doing yourself with right products without any harm).

Secondly, its a complete DIY at a fraction of cost with the high quality products you get to choose.

Believe me its also fun to perform detailing once you know the right approach of doing it and man the satisfaction you get later looking at the results is inexplicable. for example: checkout my taffeta babe in person.
RemingtonSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 14:10   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Special Special Thanks to Dear Friend Dot for making this happen.

Yes that's right folks, Surprise, we have for you not ONE but TWO Civics and the ANHC.
L - R
Chicca ~ Golden Beauty ~ Scorponok

Ahem Ahem, thats an interesting pic alright! So, you've finally taken up the comparo thread. Good.

So, is the City still with you, or are you back with Chicca?

OT: Where has this pic been shot? Whats that tower in the background?

EDIT: Sudeepg: Congrats on the purchase. The city looks ravishing in that color!

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 22nd August 2011 at 14:12.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 14:57   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
mdsaab, great teaser!! Only adds fuel to the anxiety. Can't wait.
What is this I am hearing. mdsaab and 'adding' fuel? Just not possible. I thought the Golden Beauty is now being trained to run on evaporating fuel from nearby vehicles and returns extraordinary FE from its tanks.
pravingmh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 17:43   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele
@mdsaab: Don't venture out to any Tom-Dick n Harry for car detailing.
for example: checkout my taffeta babe in person.
That is one piece of advice i am certainly.going to.follow. Thanks Cuz. Can't wait to check out your white babe in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar

Ahem Ahem, thats an interesting pic alright! So, you've finally taken up the comparo thread. Good.

So, is the City still with you, or are you back with Chicca?

OT: Where has this pic been shot? Whats that tower in the background?
Glad you liked the pic SI.
Yes i have definately warmed up to the new thread idea. Thanks.
The Golden Beauty is still with me. And so are Chicca's keys. LOL! My mother has now started telling me how comfortable she finds the Civic, even more than the City. Except for the rear tuck under foot space which is better in the ANHC she finds the Civic very comfy. Yeah Mom i am sure it is. Its quite obvious she has warmed up to the keeping Chicca idea. And why not, who wouldn't want a bigger car.

Ah you want details of secret location BS.
MuHAHAHA. You shall get it...
But only when the comparo thread goes live.
Yes i am the devil in disguise. LOL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pravingmh

What is this I am hearing. mdsaab and 'adding' fuel? Just not possible. I thought the Golden Beauty is now being trained to run on evaporating fuel from nearby vehicles and returns extraordinary FE from its tanks.
LOL! That was hilarious. You are right mdsaab and adding fuel do not go together. And please do not leak details of my secret fuel snatching device. The patent is still under way. Trust we can work out a special deal on one for yourself. What's say?
Old 22nd August 2011, 23:34   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravingmh View Post
What is this I am hearing. mdsaab and 'adding' fuel? Just not possible.
Really shrewd comment,Mate!!

Quote:
I thought the Golden Beauty is now being trained to run on evaporating fuel from nearby vehicles and returns extraordinary FE from its tanks.
And you know genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. mdsaab will take inspiration from you and will soon post the systematic procedure to achieve this.

Last edited by charthom : 22nd August 2011 at 23:36.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 09:28   #359
BHPian

Quote:
You are right mdsaab and adding fuel do not go together. And please do not leak details of my secret fuel snatching device. The patent is still under way. Trust we can work out a special deal on one for yourself. What's say?
I am all for every underhanded deal as long as there is no paperwork

My recent acquisition has been returning an FE of 11.8 on the MID, all AC, in city traffic, most of it at a crawl and some free(er) runs, maybe 70-30. And as done about 160kms on the ODO. How much should the MID reading be discounted for a real word reading?

Also looking for ways to get some essential kit like a basic toolset and other things, especially for a weekend getaway. What would be good additions?
pravingmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 09:44   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravingmh View Post
I am all for every underhanded deal as long as there is no paperwork

My recent acquisition has been returning an FE of 11.8 on the MID, all AC, in city traffic, most of it at a crawl and some free(er) runs, maybe 70-30. And as done about 160kms on the ODO. How much should the MID reading be discounted for a real word reading?

Also looking for ways to get some essential kit like a basic toolset and other things, especially for a weekend getaway. What would be good additions?
LOL! Great then now all we have to wait for is the device to be developed and patented then.

That's a fantastic mileage.
I feel the MID can be discounted from anywhere between .5 to 1 kmpl.
In case of the ANHC i find it to be around .7 to 1.2
Yes it is a rather enthusiastic MID.

Toolset you can pick up at a car assessory store. and even some supermarkets which have a car accessory department.
You could also take a look at hometown, i had seen some toolsets there.
Other things for a weeked getaway.
1. Foldable Picnic Table.
2. Puncture repair kit.
3. Tyre Inflator.
4. Spare fuel jerry can ~ though our rides are fuel efficient, you never know when you might need some.
5. Pair of jump cables. In case yours is an AT.
6. Good Flashlight ~ saw a good one with a stand made specially for cars at Home town.
7. Swiss Army Knife ~ always comes in handy.
8. Cigarette lighter charger for your mobile devices.
9. Body cover ~ for when parking in unfavorable environs.
10. BNSL network prepaid SIM. It seems they have the best network coverage. I am speaking Maharashtra specific. For other states you would have to find out which is the best operator with the maximum coverage

Hope this helps

Last edited by mdsaab : 23rd August 2011 at 09:46.
mdsaab is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote