Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2011, 14:38   #31
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 317
Thanked: 131 Times
Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

@mdsaab,
Congratulations, on your new addition to the family. As quoted by all in many posts, the Honda AT package is the best AT available in market right now in that segment.
Had a question regarding the seats. Is the original equipment leather seats of Stanley? Do they have the stanley badging? or Honda gives you some written assurance regarding the leather used ?(Warranty?)
I heard that the original seats are not fully pure leather but leatherette (leather combined with artificial leather).
Do not know if it is true though, Could you kindly confirm.

Cheers
MKP
mkpiyengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 14:55   #32
BHPian
 
mm403's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 156
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

@mdsaab - Congrats on the ANHC

1. The showroom snaps took me back one year when I got my car
2. Agree that Honda should have provided illuminated side garnish for the rear door
mm403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 15:38   #33
Distinguished - BHPian
 
libranof1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 3,721
Thanked: 2,808 Times
Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Minor question but are you sure? I think there should be the spare key with the remote.
Yep, the spare key does NOT have a remote; it has to be used to manually open the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
You mean the price of the accessories?
Na, I mean what accessories have you installed yet? Any plans to fit something like Caska, GPS etc.?
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 17:59   #34
BHPian
 
charthom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 652
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
shall visit your thread soon. I must have been there already right?
Thanks and welcome.Not so far.

Quote:
Basically the car comes with leather interiors from Honda. and the rest of the Exclusifying is done at the dealership level. So yes the exclusive variant is very much available even today.
Leather wrapped steering can only be factory-fitted.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 18:12   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
bluevolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,963
Thanked: 2,211 Times
Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post

Minor question but are you sure? I think there should be the spare key with the remote.
Honda City comes with only one remote key and other key doesn't have a remote. I also got similar combination and it is common across all ANHCs. Let's see how long the one and only remote key lasts.

Last edited by bluevolt : 18th July 2011 at 18:16.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 19:11   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
Ace F355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 1,172
Thanked: 1,601 Times
Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Aha, new surprise! Congrats mdsaab on your new H. I know I am late to the party!

Side by side pics of Chicca and your new bride, please!
Ace F355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 11:33   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
mdsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,624
Thanked: 446 Times
Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
@mdsaab; great, crisp and long overdue review there! Also, I may have said this somewhere else before but good job on the bargaining part. I hope I learn a little bit from you; I am probably the benchmark for how bad a person can be at negotiating prices.

I am not really a fan of golden colours on cars, but this one on the City looks great. I absolutely adore those leather seats; I would like to get similar covers done for my ride too. I will check with Honda if they offer these as accessories.
Any highway trips yet?

Have you finalised your Jazz yet or waiting for the facelifted one?
Thanks SD! and come on you guys are making me blush now, looks like i am a professional haggler. Doesn't sound to nice does it. LOL!
Thanks, i too was apprehensive about the shade at first, but then later it kinda felt right. When i speak to my Sales rep next will ask him if these seats can be fitted later. Because the ones you see here are done at the Honda factory.
Highway trips, would love too, but the weather in Pune and beyond these days, means that the City is limited to the city these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
What a crisp review. So, another Honda is the garage huh? Seems like you have started the top-bottom approach on Honda cars. Civic, ANHC. Add a Jazz to the garage. That will complete the family .

Congrats on the new aquisition. Wish you many happy miles with her. Do update the thread as often as can be! Drive safe.
Thanks Bro! Yes it is a top to bottom approach. Would have liked it to have started with the CRV though, But judging by what it costs to run one, and since i don't own a bunker. I am happy to have started with the Civic.
Thanks for your kind wishes. Promise to update regularly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
Nice, crisp review mdsaab. I love this shade on the ANHC. Really looks elegant. Wish you many more wonderful miles with the beauty. Drive her safe.

And yes, those illuminated door sills and leather seats are very classy.
Thank you very much for your kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Hi selfdrive,

I saw these seats as accessories, at Honda, recently-a car being delivered, had them on. Please check out bluevolt's post of snaps of these seats on his Venus,on my thread.

@mdsaab,are there any turning indicators available on ANHC, as accessories these days? Can you confirm?

Rgds,charthom.
Will find out about the ORVM turning indicators when i speak to my sales rep next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Brilliant Write Up.

Please post some more pictures.

I got the Ducktail/Lip Spoiler on our ANHC as well.

Welcome to the City Club.
Thanks mate!
Will post some more once the weather is better here in Pune. Raining cats and dogs since day before yesterday. I am heading over to your thread soon to check out the snaps.
Thanks for the warm welcome.
Drive Safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
Congrats mdsaab on your chromified ANHC. The door sash moulding gives the car a very upmarket feel. Regarding illuminated side step garnish, here's my word of caution. Please ensure that the person who washes your car dries up the door bottoms properly. These have a tendency to rust and i have got one set of mine replaced under warranty.
Wish you a million miles of happiness with the City.
Thanks mate! i am going to take that valuable piece of info and make sure the needful is done. Thanks for the all important tip. BTW how long is the warranty on them?
Drive Safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Congratulations!
Finally, Chicca got her sister while at the hospital.
It's raining ANHC now. Yes the engine is L15A7.
Thanks Mate!
Yes Chicca did indeed.
Imagine how things work out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
They costed 13K which was part of free accessories kit they offered. The usual one (Front with LED illumi and Rear without LED) costs around 10.5K.
Wish i knew this piece of info earlier. Still will speak to our sales rep if it's possible to get it done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Wow! That's one hot looking NHC!! Congrats!! I especially liked the interiors and the front. Post discounts it now looks like a true VFM car You can now enjoy the Honda iVTEC engines "unlimited" with two true drivers cars in your house!!



Minor question but are you sure? I think there should be the spare key with the remote.
Thanks bro! yes post discounts it sure is great value now. Yes 2 IVTEC'S in the house some driving bliss in store eh!?!
The spare key indeed is without the remote. was explained about this by the sales rep upon delivery. The price of a new remote one was astronomical. If i remember correctly it was 7K. Deleted the thought from my mind almost immediately.
Thanks & Drive Safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post
@mdsaab,
Congratulations, on your new addition to the family. As quoted by all in many posts, the Honda AT package is the best AT available in market right now in that segment.
Had a question regarding the seats. Is the original equipment leather seats of Stanley? Do they have the stanley badging? or Honda gives you some written assurance regarding the leather used ?(Warranty?)
I heard that the original seats are not fully pure leather but leatherette (leather combined with artificial leather).
Do not know if it is true though, Could you kindly confirm.

Cheers
MKP
Thanks bro!
AFAIK the leather seats are not pure leather and are infact leatherette.
I have not seen any badging on the seats, but unconfirmed reports suggest that they are indeed made by Stanley. Could be wrong though.
But Leatherette in India is a good thing. Due to our weather here. Pure leather may have a tendency to crack and peel. So infact Leatherette is the more durable, longer lasting option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
@mdsaab - Congrats on the ANHC

1. The showroom snaps took me back one year when I got my car
2. Agree that Honda should have provided illuminated side garnish for the rear door
Thanks mate, i am glad that the pics could give you that nostalgic feeling.
Will speak to the sales rep regarding illumination of the rear. hey did that come out right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Yep, the spare key does NOT have a remote; it has to be used to manually open the door.



Na, I mean what accessories have you installed yet? Any plans to fit something like Caska, GPS etc.?
You are spot on about the spare key.
Accessories... hmm still a while away, but seeing this as my parents car, probably not. but hey you never know. my mom is getting highly tech savvy what with a new ipad2 and all. So we may just surprise you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Thanks and welcome.Not so far.



Leather wrapped steering can only be factory-fitted.
Oh sorry mate, i thought i did, Am on my way there today for sure.
Yes indeed, the leather interiors are all done at the factory, only the chromofying is done at the dealership level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Honda City comes with only one remote key and other key doesn't have a remote. I also got similar combination and it is common across all ANHCs. Let's see how long the one and only remote key lasts.
Someone got their Civic remote battery replaced from Honda. The cost was a rather high 380. Maybe if possible it's better to get it done from outside. The make of the battery is Panasonic CR1616 which i think one can get from outside. If i am correct the cost of the battery is around 30 rupees. Will confirm on this though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Aha, new surprise! Congrats mdsaab on your new H. I know I am late to the party!

Side by side pics of Chicca and your new bride, please!
No mate, you are pretty much well on time. Thanks for your wishes.
Pics and comparisons coming up soon. I promise.
Weather in Pune also playing spoil sport as it's raining cats and dogs non stop for like 3 days.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 11:57   #38
BHPian
 
charthom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 652
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
The spare key indeed is without the remote. was explained about this by the sales rep upon delivery. The price of a new remote one was astronomical. If i remember correctly it was 7K.
Apart from this,for a spare key,the Honda guys gave other excuses like having to give them an affidavit siting that you lost the key etc etc.

Quote:
AFAIK the leather seats are not pure leather and are infact leatherette.I have not seen any badging on the seats, but unconfirmed reports suggest that they are indeed made by Stanley.
Honda Dealer in Cochin is insisting the seats are pure Stanley and that Honda has made a tie up with Stanley for this.

Quote:
Oh sorry mate, i thought i did, Am on my way there today for sure.
Oh,I just casually mentioned it-no resentments friend Most cordial welcome !
Quote:
Someone got their Civic remote battery replaced from Honda. The cost was a rather high 380. Maybe if possible it's better to get it done from outside. The make of the battery is Panasonic CR1616 which i think one can get from outside. If i am correct the cost of the battery is around 30 rupees. Will confirm on this though.
My first car-a Santro-had a Cobra Security system(Hyndai OE).The battery ran out after 4 years only!! That too only on one key-the spare one intact!!I casually replaced it with a button cell for 20/-but noticed that the range had diminished. Presently my i10 is touching 3 years and the battery is still strong.Of course-the inclined H has supplied proper spare with remote,just in case!!
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 12:17   #39
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 258
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Warranty is for 2 years from date of installation. You can get the accessories covered under insurance too. Also you might be interested in getting this. This will surely spice things up inside the car.The dashboard illumination from Honda costed 17K when i got it installed. Here's the linky to my ownership review https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ty-v-mt-2.html
zoom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 12:58   #40
Distinguished - BHPian
 
libranof1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 3,721
Thanked: 2,808 Times
Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
My first car-a Santro-had a Cobra Security system(Hyndai OE).The battery ran out after 4 years only!! That too only on one key-the spare one intact!!I casually replaced it with a button cell for 20/-but noticed that the range had diminished. Presently my i10 is touching 3 years and the battery is still strong.Of course-the inclined H has supplied proper spare with remote,just in case!!
Going slightly OT here : Charthom, it would be a good idea to use both the remote-key alternately eg. use one for a few months then the other. That's what we do with our Zen; the Piranha remote locking has 2 remotes so we use both of them alternately. That way, both are used and go on longer. You also know that the spare one is working in case of an emergency. Don't use just one and wait for it to die before you start using the other one.
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 18:06   #41
BHPian
 
mm403's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 156
Thanked: 73 Times
Default

@mdsaab honda dosent provide illuminated indicator on rear doors. I meant they should have provided that
mm403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 18:50   #42
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,665
Thanked: 9,192 Times
Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Hey...how did I miss the party for so long? Congrats mdsaab & parents! A golden (yeah OK, "Bold beige") ANHC to complement the silver Chicca is just awesome.

I had TDed this car in Mumbai before buying the Vento AT and found it pretty amazing for city driving. The only deal breaker for me was the price- 12.25 lac OTR in Mumbai, probably about 50-75K less in Pune. Also didn't like the silveriness of the central console- prefer the dull understatedness of the VW instead. But no denying it's a dream car to own!

We need more pics, man! These don't do justice. Suggest another drive to Chandni Chowk/Pashan lake rather quickly
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 18:56   #43
BHPian
 
amitkb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 58
Thanked: 363 Times
Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

If the city had automatic climate control, I would've bought the automatic in a heartbeat. I prefer the looks of the city over the vento any day. Just the one feature missing from this otherwise beautiful car.
amitkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 19:34   #44
BHPian
 
charthom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 652
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Charthom, it would be a good idea to use both the remote-key alternately eg. use one for a few months then the other. That's what we do with our Zen; the Piranha remote locking has 2 remotes so we use both of them alternately. That way, both are used and go on longer. You also know that the spare one is working in case of an emergency. Don't use just one and wait for it to die before you start using the other one.
Thanks for the info,Libran.

In this regard, you should be thankful to Honda. They have saved you the dilemma and difficulty in alternating the remote keys by providing only one key!! Very thoughtful of Honda-and strangely we guys are criticizing them for this

But joke apart, I usually keep one key customised for my wife's use-with one set of house keys and key chain that she likes etc. The other one is for me and for the occasional chauffeur. With only one "Master" key- this customisation has taken a hit. But then there is very less chance that an occasional driver may get to drive the City!

Last edited by charthom : 19th July 2011 at 19:58.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 21:10   #45
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,690
Thanked: 3,858 Times
Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Any plans of Caska and 3D Kagu mats,too?
I second charthom. The car should go back at least with the 3D Kagu mats
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
City City Bang Bang! 1000 kms Report of my Honda City SMT roadie_swift Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 39 4th June 2015 15:52
City Lights - Honda City S (ANHC) Vikster Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 105 30th December 2013 14:42
The 2012 Honda City CE Silver: Delivered & Hooked! nitin.rai Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 92 4th February 2013 17:50
How has my 1.4 litre FIRE FIAT LINEA (F. Red) has lived the 5000 kms run? A report. omar1310 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 29 26th December 2009 13:15
Hooked Up to Team-BHP Rocky_Balboa Introduce yourself 3 15th August 2006 22:23


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks