Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 25th October 2011, 09:01   #436
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
Isn't this sequence almost absolutely necessary on inclines? Infact even on flat surfaces while parking, after depressing the brake pedal I always used to pull up the hand brake first and then shift the transmission to park (conversely shift the tranny to Reverse/Drive first and then release the hand brake while starting). This was based on my understanding that such a sequence would shift load of holding the car to hand brake instead of the transmission.
Yes it definately is. But still many a times we do not follow it. Or do not pull the handbrake up high enough. and hence we still get the crunching sound when shifting back into D or R when starting off.
```

Yesterday while before setting off on a little long drive. We loaded up the car with four 1 liter bottles of Bisleri.
2 in the door pockets.
&
2 right in front of the gear selector.

So anytime i shifted into P the bottles would brush against my hand.
and the same while shifting out of P too. Yes it was quite irritating.
But atleast in traffic we can just crawl in D. or while waiting at the signal.
But what about folks with the manual version of the City. Do you folks get disturbed when you place large items or bottles in the slot provided in front of the gear lever?
Yes i understand that this is not actually a place to keep large bottles. But sometimes you need to. it may even be a large cup which may obstruct your free hand movement while changing gears.
```
btw still waiting for the gold emblem suggestion
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2011, 17:35   #437
Senior - BHPian

Back from the second free service. Was a rather quick one as not much required except for an oil change.
Total bill was Rs.984 odd.
Car was washed, grease applied where required. Oil was changed but surprisingly not the filter. Was told that would be changed at next service.
SA mentioned about a 10K odd package which included paint protection, underbody protection, leather and full interior cleaning as well as motor care. Probably will not opt for the whole package. Just the interior cleaning and motor care is good enough. Took the car in around 10:30 and was told i would get the car by 1. Though i got a call from our friendly SA Das at around 12:45.
Informing that because it was close to lunch the car would not be ready as wash was pending and there was a lineup of cars waiting to be washed.
So was promised delivery at 3. and it was delivered on time. So again happy with the service at Honda.

Also met our friendly sales rep Sagar. Who showed me the Brio. Was quite impressed. Sure the quality may be a little short. But its still quite good for its segment. Who knows maybe one will join us at our home soon.
Btw jazz bookings have stopped as there is a 8 month waiting.
Brio it seems will be a wait of 4-5months.
Old 25th October 2011, 21:58   #438
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Are the gold emblems still available?
Do you think the Golden Beauty will look good with Gold Emblems?
I am not sure if that will good on the current City. Especially with the amount of chrome in the modern Hondas, the gold logo could be kind of a mismatch
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2011, 09:45   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I am not sure if that will good on the current City. Especially with the amount of chrome in the modern Hondas, the gold logo could be kind of a mismatch
Hey VB thanks for your reply. Great to have you back on the thread.
~~~
Forgot to mention this is my earlier post.
You know how Honda puts those stickers to mark your seat position and restore it to that when they hand over the vehicle.
Well this time our friendly SA Das, even noted down the order of our favorite FM stations. and they were right there when we got the car back too.
Yes they probably did not remove the battery so there would have been no reason for them to vanish. But just in case, they have it written down so they can restore it to your order should the need arise.
Pretty neat attention to detail then. Two Thumbs UP!
mdsaab is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2011, 17:46   #440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Honda puts those stickers to mark your seat position and restore it to that when they hand over the vehicle.
Well this time our friendly SA Das, even noted down the order of our favorite FM stations. and they were right there when we got the car back too.
I noticed i had a set of stickers with the FM radios stations written on it when i had given my Civic for a service . But why would the HASS need to to note the radio station settings ? Does the service include a checkup of the stereo system as well ?
sumeethaldankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2011, 19:38   #441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar

I noticed i had a set of stickers with the FM radios stations written on it when i had given my Civic for a service . But why would the HASS need to to note the radio station settings ? Does the service include a checkup of the stereo system as well ?
No i doubt they would do anything to the stereo, unless we complain something is wrong with it.
But for whatever reason if they do remove the battery. The time and fm stations saved on the stereo would be lost. And so i guess they keep this info handy. They are even suppose to keep your air con settings in record too.
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 09:10   #442
Senior - BHPian

~Update~

So after the second service and oil change. A little fuel calculation.
We did a long drive and the usual city run.
So this is a mixed fuel economy reading.

Total Trip KMS.
338 kms

Total fuel filled back to brim.

Fuel Average
13.67 kmpl

MID Reading
14kmpl

AC was on all the time. No mdsaab economy driving techniques used.
Overall still pleased with the fuel economy returned.
~~~

Do any other City AT owners feel a little hesitation jerk when just after a speed breaker if you accelerate hard and the car is in first.

I have noticed this a couple of times. If i give it a one second pause, there is absolutely no jerk and it's really smooth. But if it just shifts into first and i accelerate briskly there is this slight little pause sort of jerk before the smooth progress steps in.
Old 31st October 2011, 10:23   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
~Update~
Total Trip KMS.
338 kms

Total fuel filled back to brim.

Fuel Average
13.67 kmpl

MID Reading
14kmpl

AC was on all the time. No mdsaab economy driving techniques used.
Overall still pleased with the fuel economy returned.
~~~

Thats a superb FE for an AT. I would be more than happy with that kind of FE. My 1.2 Vista gives similar FE with MT, so yours is amazing.

BTW, you were out from 29th August to 23rd October and so was another member @Poitive(he is still inactive) and 4 other very regular members. Looks like this is a common hibernation period for car lovers.
ajay_satpute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 18:57   #444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute

Thats a superb FE for an AT. I would be more than happy with that kind of FE. My 1.2 Vista gives similar FE with MT, so yours is amazing.

BTW, you were out from 29th August to 23rd October and so was another member @Poitive(he is still inactive) and 4 other very regular members. Looks like this is a common hibernation period for car lovers.
Thanks. I have always felt the smaller Honda's are very fuel efficient. Its the larger ones which are at par for their segment or in some cases worst.

Though on this particular run i am pretty sure i could have extracted more if i drove my regular way.

LOL! Now that you mention it, does seem like some hibernation period.
Glad to be back though. Well semi-back atleast.
Old 31st October 2011, 22:19   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Do any other City AT owners feel a little hesitation jerk when just after a speed breaker if you accelerate hard and the car is in first.

I have noticed this a couple of times. If i give it a one second pause, there is absolutely no jerk and it's really smooth. But if it just shifts into first and i accelerate briskly there is this slight little pause sort of jerk before the smooth progress steps in.
Yes, I have noticed that (mine is 20 month old with 13K) as well.

The average is bang on. I have up-sized tires to 195/60R15. In city traffic I am getting around 10, (the kind of traffic where manual runs mostly in 3rd and at max 4th gear). But if I take it to main roads and near by city (Delhi - Faridabad - Gurgaon) average increases up to 13kmpl.

The max I got was 18kmpl between Faridabad - Agra last year.
TheBeastFieast is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 10:31   #446
BHPian

Mine is VMT and recently back from a 3224.9 k.m. trip from Rajasthan. Amazed to see the mileage @ 16.1 overall. Best mileage is 17.1 or 17.2. It is a 13 months old car with 9500 k.m. run.
Regards
Subrat
Subrat Seet is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 11:54   #447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast

Yes, I have noticed that (mine is 20 month old with 13K) as well.

The average is bang on. I have up-sized tires to 195/60R15. In city traffic I am getting around 10, (the kind of traffic where manual runs mostly in 3rd and at max 4th gear). But if I take it to main roads and near by city (Delhi - Faridabad - Gurgaon) average increases up to 13kmpl.

The max I got was 18kmpl between Faridabad - Agra last year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet
Mine is VMT and recently back from a 3224.9 k.m. trip from Rajasthan. Amazed to see the mileage @ 16.1 overall. Best mileage is 17.1 or 17.2. It is a 13 months old car with 9500 k.m. run.
Regards
Subrat
Wow Folks! am glad to read your fantastic mileage figures.
Does anyone have an idea about those cool looking blue parking lights. I saw a City with them yesterday, looked very nice. I have see a Civic with some sort of orangish colour too. Both looked great. Do we just change the bulbs or is there something more involved?
Old 1st November 2011, 20:28   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Wow Folks! am glad to read your fantastic mileage figures.
Does anyone have an idea about those cool looking blue parking lights. I saw a City with them yesterday, looked very nice. I have see a Civic with some sort of orangish colour too. Both looked great. Do we just change the bulbs or is there something more involved?
Which blue parking light, are you referring to the side scuff plates (like the one in my avatar) or something else.

If you are talking about side door scuff plates then please dont buy them from Honda, they costs 9-10K (I had bought in 9.5K) and hardly last for 1 year. Honda gives warranty of 6 months on them and then they are non-repairable.

I heard in open market they are easily available in 3-4K.

I should have bought a better accessory (side door protector) rather in 5K. Without it, the front left door is full of scratches now
TheBeastFieast is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 22:51   #449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast

Which blue parking light, are you referring to the side scuff plates (like the one in my avatar) or something else.

If you are talking about side door scuff plates then please dont buy them from Honda, they costs 9-10K (I had bought in 9.5K) and hardly last for 1 year. Honda gives warranty of 6 months on them and then they are non-repairable.

I heard in open market they are easily available in 3-4K.

I should have bought a better accessory (side door protector) rather in 5K. Without it, the front left door is full of scratches now
The illuminated side step garnish i got from Honda as part of the deal. And got the side protectors too.
I am referring to the parking light next to the headlamps.
Old 10th November 2011, 22:15   #450
BHPian

Sorry sir for hijacking your thread.

I am planning to book a Honda City S-MT or V-MT in the coming week from Pune and wanted to request you to help me out.

I have been hearing about people managing decent discounts but have not been able to get similar quotes.

Would it be possible for you to take some time out and help me with my purchase? I am absolutely horrible when it comes to striking a good bargain.

I can understand if time is a constraint. I am hoping that I am lucky enough to get your help for my purchase.

Thanks,
Praful.
prafulasher is offline   Reply With Quote