Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 11th November 2011, 09:57   #451
BHPian

Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by prafulasher View Post
Sorry sir for hijacking your thread.

I am planning to book a Honda City S-MT or V-MT in the coming week from Pune and wanted to request you to help me out.

I have been hearing about people managing decent discounts but have not been able to get similar quotes.

Would it be possible for you to take some time out and help me with my purchase? I am absolutely horrible when it comes to striking a good bargain.

I can understand if time is a constraint. I am hoping that I am lucky enough to get your help for my purchase.

Thanks,
Praful.
Hi mdsaab, I am just taking a bit of liberty and helping the gentleman. Praful, my friend booked a EMT model on 1st October and got a straight cash discount of Rs 80,000.00. If you wish to talk to him, you may, as I can share his number. Just let me know your thoughts.
ajaynaphade is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2011, 11:03   #452
BHPian

Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaynaphade View Post
Hi mdsaab, I am just taking a bit of liberty and helping the gentleman. Praful, my friend booked a EMT model on 1st October and got a straight cash discount of Rs 80,000.00. If you wish to talk to him, you may, as I can share his number. Just let me know your thoughts.
Hi Ajay, That'd be great! Can you send me his number? Thanks a lot for your help!
prafulasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2011, 11:28   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ajay, That'd be great! Can you send me his number? Thanks a lot for your help!

Somehow I am not able to send a PM to you. My friends name is Anubhav and his number is: 7798980147.
ajaynaphade is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2011, 11:57   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Somehow I am not able to send a PM to you. My friends name is Anubhav and his number is: 7798980147.
Thanks Ajay! I will talk to Anubhav today. Any idea which dealer did he get his city from?
Old 11th November 2011, 17:28   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ajay! I will talk to Anubhav today. Any idea which dealer did he get his city from?

I was a bit busy and so was Anubhav and thatís why a delayed response. He got his city from Crystal Honda, Viman Nagar, further, he spoke to one of the sales person with whom he had been interacting, discussed and found that currently only insurance is free and may be corporate discount if your company is listed. Upon stressing a bit , the SE said that if you and/or your friend may come over and meet in person for a talk.

Few questions for you:
1)Do you have any color preference ?
2)Do you have any model preference (EMT,SMT, VMT) ?
ajaynaphade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2011, 21:02   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Few questions for you:
1)Do you have any color preference ?
2)Do you have any model preference (EMT,SMT, VMT) ?
Hi Ajay, Thanks for the help!
I spoke to Anubhav on the phone and he has been a great help. We are planning to go to Crystal Honda tomorrow to strike a deal.

My preference is an SMT model in Urban Titanium. From what I understand, the variant isn't a problem as that is the only variant that they have in stock. I am not so sure about the colors they have in stock though I know that Deccan Honda has many whites and a few UT colored SMTs in stock.

So fingers crossed! I hope I get a good deal fro a great car.

Cheers,
Praful.
Old 11th November 2011, 21:40   #457
Senior - BHPian

Hey team, I was off team bhp for a while and now back with this post.

Honda is almost ready with the facelift that was to be unveiled this Diwali but due to Thai flooding and some unknown reasons it's now delayed. The following few areas are getting upgrades.
1. Bumpers- chiseled ore to give dynamic stance. I love the current one but ready to see if Honda is intrigued by Hyundai
2. Tail lamps will get LED lights.
3. ACC will be incorporated.
4. Few little unknown edits to the current model.
5. No touch screen as earlier anticipated.

All this news from my trusted source. Hopefully this will help the prospective buyers.

Cheers!
Sn1p3r is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2011, 21:45   #458
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
That will be a very useful addition. I hope the air flow selector slider bar gets replaced too. Thanks for sharing.
dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2011, 21:55   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot

That will be a very useful addition. I hope the air flow selector slider bar gets replaced too. Thanks for sharing.
At your service, always. The details are still not clear on the layout but it seems will be similar to Thai version. Honda and Toyota are worst hit due to flooding and this I hope gives them impetus to invest more in India due to our geo advantage and hopefully this helps the cars come cheaper to the Aam junta
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2011, 21:49   #460
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The following few areas are getting upgrades.

2. Tail lamps will get LED lights.
Welcome back, bud. And in full form as well!

Those 2 features will be wonderful additions. The sunroof & "Eco" indicator are confirmed as well, so that should give the City an edge over current competition as well. (I preferred a remote-controlled trunk ala the Vento but maybe that's reserved for the next-gen model)

Quote:
The details are still not clear on the layout but it seems will be similar to Thai version. Honda and Toyota are worst hit due to flooding and this I hope gives them impetus to invest more in India due to our geo advantage and hopefully this helps the cars come cheaper to the Aam junta
That is wonderful to hear. Hopefully we will have a City at par with the Thai version at no extra rise in pricing, which should be wonderful. After all the anticipation and waiting, it will be a sweet icing on the cake.

"Sabar ka phal meetha hota hai!"
RavenAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2011, 08:10   #461
BHPian

An update - I visited Crystal Honda yesterday wit Anubhav. We managed to get a dealer discount of 35k on the OTR. The best that Deccan Honda-Bund Garden could commit was a free 0-dep insurance (27-28k).

I informed the Crystal Honda guys that I will only be interested in case I get the SMT at a discount of 40k + 0-dep insurance which in turn works out to 65-70k. I get an additional benefit as such as my residence is outside octroi limits.

I have cancelled my booking of the Jazz since I will retain my existing vehicle (a palio sdx - July 2008) that is very close to my heart and still runs pretty well in addition to the diesel advantage that I get.

The news on the facelift seems promising. I suppose I will push my buying decision to 2012 in which case I will be able to start hunting afresh with a higher budget so that I can consider the C+ segment cars as well.

Thanks Ajay and Anubhav for your help! It means a great deal when you take time off to assist a person whom you know only from the past couple of days! Team-bhp rocks!!
Old 13th November 2011, 11:17   #462
Senior - BHPian

The current city is also due for facelift and petrol pressure, I am sure the prospective buyers will have a field day

I am sure interesting times are coming as Honda has to reinvent its strategy post Thai flooding and take mass market in India seriously as I find them to be the only manufacturer that has the potential but still not digging deep.
Old 15th November 2011, 20:01   #463

mdutt sahab,

i bought the car on 25th Oct 2011 , these are the mileage nos i am getting in the last 20 days .

100 % city driving , 5 % AC .

Got my first service done @ 800 Kms this weekend , hopefully it will maintain i fnot increase the mileage .

In case it drops will seek your expert advice.

Cheers !!
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img2011111000008.jpg  

parimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2011, 18:23   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal
these are the mileage nos i am getting in the last 20 days!
Congratulations Parimal,
Some numbers you are extracting, you did not mention your drive timings in the city
My manual returned amazing figure of 17.8 from Gurgaon to Noida and back twice.

Have fun with it too

Cheers!
Old 17th November 2011, 18:52   #465
BHPian

Hi Friends,

Needed some suggestions.

My ANHC is due for service next week and I wanted to know if it is safe to leave the 3D Kagu Mats inside the car while giving it for service or should I replace them with the OE rubber mats before taking the car there.

Suggestions from seasoned folks welcome.

Cheers,
KTP
kirantp is offline   Reply With Quote