Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 21st July 2011, 14:46   #61
Senior - BHPian

Charthom thanks for throwing some light on the 3D mats. I really like the beige colour though.
The accessories guy said they are really easy to clean.
Like dot, would like to know your experience with them during the monsoon. Here in Pune there is a lot of muck all around and the mats end up really filthy.

Poitive buddy,
There is a story that goes with the name mdsaab. It may or probably not be what you are thinking.

Regarding tire upgrade. Like i said before for my extremely relaxed pace, i hardly ever exploit the handling characteristics of my cars. So will be running these tires till their normal life cycle. After which when the time for replacement comes, your advice will.be followed to the T. Thanks.

But having said that. I do have a ball on the twisties and ghats. And yes the Civic has put a smile on my face up there on the ghats.

Will post the City ghat experience when one is planned for her.

Last edited by mdsaab : 21st July 2011 at 14:59.
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 14:52   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

[quote=mdsaab;2438646
Regarding tire upgrade. Like i said before for my extremely relaxed pace, i hardly ever exploit the handling characteristics of my cars. So will be running these tires till their normal life cycle. After which when the time for replacement comes, your advice will.be followed to the T. [/quote]
I hope you have the six year age limit on your radar as well.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 15:42   #63
BHPian

Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Thanks for the information. Black would be a good color for the mat. Will check it out sometime. How is your experience on them so far; with the monsoon going full swing, your shoes much be dirty when they enter the car..
Always at service

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajaar View Post
I purchased 3D kagu mats today from privilege motomall. Cost me Rs 5500/-. Some pics...
See the snaps in hajaar's Civic thread for Kagu mats in Civic- Price was 5500/- My memory is failing me,age is creeping in!! Sigh!!

I liked the beige ones-they looked so OE and I like the light and bright ambience the beige colour can create inside the car. I try not to get the car dirty-including the mats. Another advantage of beige is-you know when it is dirty.

I read in a Vento thread that the black ones have a different texture so he chose black. They will not absorb dirt so should be easy to clean. Mine are still not dirty. Dettol liquid soap has been suggested as the ideal cleaning agent(by FireBug).I intend to use Amway LOC-organic cleaner.

@mdsaab, as I said,they have a plasticky texture-so cleaning is not difficult.The mats are water proof.(had to edit my post to insert this)

Hope this helps.

Last edited by charthom : 21st July 2011 at 15:54.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 19:44   #64
BHPian

@Sn1p3r, @mdsaab, @poitive: Thank you all for your views. I had checked the Fader, Balance etc and had found the music louder from the front instead of the back, therefore the query. I again checked today and found using the fader that the rear speakers are indeed softer than the front. Now the VMT comes with tweeters in front so was wondering if that was the case why it was louder in front but still couldnt get over the fact as to why the rear is so soft when you completely fade it to rear. if you completely fade it to the front the front is louder than the only rear time. I guess il get it checked out. It feels weird when you are chauffeur driven and sound coming from the front instead of around you.
M00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2011, 07:53   #65
dot
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I was fortunate to drive mdsaab's BRO (Thats the name I have given). That the car will be ultra smooth was a given as I have driven ANHC MT before. But the surprise was the smoothness of the AT. I was bowled over by the lever shift and gear change.

Here are a couple of pics of the proud brother and his BRO. I was pressed for time so could not spend more time with the duo :(

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-mdsaab.jpg

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-21072011716.jpg

Edit: congrats mdsaab, this is a hot thread now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
I again checked today and found using the fader that the rear speakers are indeed softer than the front.

It feels weird when you are chauffeur driven and sound coming from the front instead of around you.
M00M, I have been in a couple of ANHCs and didnt find a significant Fader issue. Maybe, before you decide to go to Honda for a check, a quick test on a showroom car might help?

Last edited by dot : 22nd July 2011 at 07:54.
dot is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2011, 09:51   #66
Senior - BHPian

Moom, yes dot and i checked out the sound for you yesterday too. We had the speakers balanced and checked with full front and full rear too.
The sound was strong from the rear too, maybe a just a wee bit softer. Mainly because of the tweeters upfront. But with everything balanced. The sound was crisp and clear from both the front and rear. So even if you are at the back, you should be getting a surround music experience, and not limited to enjoyment from only the front speakers.

Here were the settings at the time of the test.
EQ was set to natural
Bass at +1
Treble at +3
Everything balanced at the centre
And svid at Mid.

Dot thanks mate for the snaps. But does it have to be bro. I really prefer sis, if there has to be a blood er oil relation.
Is it a hot thread already? Wow thanks guys for your support, views and inputs.

Have started on the nitty gritty's and civic comparo in my diary. Charged up the S2 IS(my long time trustful camera companion) so will click some snaps. Post the nitty gritty's soon followed by the Civic Comparo.
Wish dot would be in town as we could have taken the beauties to a nice outdoor location for a photoshoot. Lets see how it goes.
Will keep you all posted. Literally!
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:42   #67
BHPian

Thank you guys for your help. I will definitely use those settings and try again. Help Appreciated.
M00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 10:04   #68
BHPian

@mdsaab,

The snaps that dot took are really good.Both look stunning. Hope more car photos will arrive soon. The spoiler is still not ready I believe.

Have you filled N2? Are they charging anything for the top up these days?

BTW,mdsaab-only 3 posts away from the Seniority.Congrats in advance.

Last edited by charthom : 24th July 2011 at 10:05.
Old 24th July 2011, 12:52   #69
Senior - BHPian

22nd July 2011
A rather fuel efficient day.
I started up the City in the morning, wanted to head out a little far for a nice drive and a good brunch. But first we had to fill up some fuel. After filling up a tankful, and resetting the trip meter the MID kmpl avg also reset automatically.
A few kms down the line I glanced down at the rather addictive kmpl avg reading. And was extremely satisfied to read 14 kmpl. And this was within the City. And YES with the AC ON.
It started to rain and we decided not to venture out towards Mulshi, as it almost surely would be raining out there. And decided to settle for a cosy little place in Baner. By the time we returned home our City only kmpl avg turned out to be 11.1kmpl A decent figure considering we were pottering around within the City only and that too with the AC on. This is an AT remember.
Dinner was done, and we had this itch to go out for a little drive, call it the City effect.
Glanced down at the reading, 11.1 kmpl just where we left it earlier in the evening.
I decided to take it extra easy and applied minimal pressure on the Accelerator.
Something like how you would peck your Aunt, when greeting her after a long time.
A short 25-30 min drive and we were back home. With the MID avg reading 12 kmpl.
I was one extremely happy man, a huge grin on my face.
And now comes today the 23rd July 2011
This morning started off with 12 kmpl
And again the drive was limited to the confines of the urban jungle.
On reaching home in the evening reading read 11.1 kmpl
So a full circle then…

Am still very Happy, no wait Exteremely happy with the fuel efficiency figures with the AC on within the urban jungle. Much more fuel efficient than the Civic, and one more reason to consider keeping her on, as i would spend much less running the Golden Beauty.
But then our hearts beat for Chicca, and YES she will probably be coming home soon.

< - - - Well what do you know. Up comes the Big One O-O-O!
Would like to take a minute and thank a few folks.
Firstly My wife for her support before I knew about Team-BHP and her continued support even after logging on.
The Fantastic brains behind the whole concept of Team-BHP and making it what it is today.
The MODS who work extra hard in maintaining the quality and content on the forum.
A few friend’s who have made and continue to make the journey on Team-BHP special.
Dot, Noospter, SelfDrive, Guderian, VB-San, Libran of 1987, Charthom, BlueVolt, I am sure there are plenty more and I apologise if I have missed your name from the list. But yes you too have made the journey special.
And ofcourse the many posters whom we have never met in person, but continue to have a brilliant conversation with on this Fabulous Forum. A special thanks to all of you too.
Drive Safe!
mdsaab is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 13:18   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post

Am still very Happy, no wait Exteremely happy with the fuel efficiency figures with the AC on within the urban jungle. Much more fuel efficient than the Civic, and one more reason to consider keeping her on, as i would spend much less running the Golden Beauty.
But then our hearts beat for Chicca, and YES she will probably be coming home soon.

A few friend’s who have made and continue to make the journey on Team-BHP special.
Dot, Noospter, SelfDrive, Guderian, VB-San, Libran of 1987, Charthom, BlueVolt, I am sure there are plenty more and I apologise if I have missed your name from the list. But yes you too have made the journey special.
Hi mdsaab,

First of all let me be the first to congratulate you on attaining the prestigious "SENIOR - BHPian" status.

And I am very happy to know about the mileage figures you are getting considering it's an AT. I will tell you that these figures will increase after the engine run in is complete. My car's mileage was significantly improved after second service @5000KMs which included engine oil change.

Many thanks for your kind words. Wishing you many years of happy and safe driving!

Last edited by bluevolt : 24th July 2011 at 13:22.
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 14:52   #71
dot
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Senior saab. I was fortunate to witness your journey from double digits to four digits and it has been a good thing.

Quote:

A rather fuel efficient day.
Something like how you would peck your Aunt, when greeting her after a long time.
You need to make up your mind on the relationship. On a serious note, it is indeed amazing that a car with few hundred kilometers on odo is already returning such good FE. You will probably see another couple of notches better FE once BRO/SIS/Aunt crosses 5k kilometers.

Edit: Just read Bluevolt's message above. It is quite interesting that both of us mentioned the same figure about the odo and FE.

Last edited by dot : 24th July 2011 at 14:56.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 17:24   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Have started on the nitty gritty's and civic comparo in my diary. Charged up the S2 IS(my long time trustful camera companion) so will click some snaps. Post the nitty gritty's soon followed by the Civic Comparo.
Wish dot would be in town as we could have taken the beauties to a nice outdoor location for a photoshoot. Lets see how it goes.
Will keep you all posted. Literally!
Looking forward to that comparo. Sure it will be a good read!

Note: Your comment on S2 IS made me rewind back a few years. That was the first expensive digital camera I bought – back in 2005. It was a big purchase decision then. None of the cameras I bought later gave that shopping experience
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 17:48   #73
BHPian

Quote:
With the MID avg reading 12 kmpl.
I was one extremely happy man, a huge grin on my face.
Am still very Happy, no wait Exteremely happy with the fuel efficiency figures with the AC on within the urban jungle.
Much more fuel efficient than the Civic, and one more reason to consider keeping her on, as i would spend much less running the Golden Beauty.
Good to know you are enjoying being with ANHC.
And thats the best part of ANHC; its much more economical.
Did you get the ducktail fitted?? if yes...then where are the pics bro?

Quote:
And ofcourse the many posters whom we have never met in person, but continue to have a brilliant conversation with on this Fabulous Forum. A special thanks to all of you too.
Drive Safe!
Cuzz you forgot me ?? How could you do that??
Never mind was just kidding
BTW congrats on the "Senior"ship.
RemingtonSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 18:11   #74
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations for much deserved seniority.
City is frugal and it will increase efficiency with more miles. The engine will go upto 22kmpl on highways with AC on. With MT the car loves being featured for 3rd gear and 40kmph resulting in 20kmpl but with 2nd it brings the average to 10kmpl.

Enjoy driving.
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 20:05   #75
BHPian

Quote:
And was extremely satisfied to read 14 kmpl. And this was within the City. And YES with the AC ON.
By the time we returned home our City only kmpl avg turned out to be 11.1kmpl A decent figure considering we were pottering around within the City only and that too with the AC on. This is an AT remember.

On reaching home in the evening reading read 11.1 kmpl
So a full circle then…
Am still very Happy, no wait Exteremely happy with the fuel efficiency figures with the AC on within the urban jungle.
Choked with happiness to read this. Mine is still 8.9 to 9.0 in the city-hope to improve,now I am optimistic.

Quote:
Dot, Noospter, SelfDrive, Guderian, VB-San, Libran of 1987, Charthom, BlueVolt,
Hearty congrats,Mate.In the morning,I had seen you on the verge of attaining the feat and remarked on it. Got busy-could not congratulate you right after crossing the 1000 posts. And thank you for your act of generosity in including me too in your list.I am just a newcomer to the forum.

I wish you many joyful miles with your ANHC and Civic and equally joyful milestones in your life.

Of course,you will drive safe!!