Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 24th July 2011, 20:45   #76
Senior - BHPian

My Cuz.
You will not believe this. But i swear this is absolutely true. Being the semi-perfectionist that i am, or atleast a work in progress one. I kept thinking over and over again, who have i missed out. And Bingo. I missed Remi.
But not before i could get to my laptop or android, the T-BHP app is fantastic btw.
I got an e-mail on the Berry. And bang there it was. Reminton_Steele has quoted your post...
And i thought to myself. I wish i got to the thread before you. Opened your post and *bang* felt really bad.
So how does mdsaab still get away with this then.
I said friends along the way. But hey you are family, right Cuz? So here goes a special thanks to you for making the journey onboard special.
Ducktail is ready. Only fitting left to do. Hope to drive down and get it installed tomorrow. Atleast thats what i have promised the sales rep. Will post pics once installed. And yes we must take some shots of the twins. If you ever end up on our side of town. Give me a buzz. And will do the same.

Dot hope my post quality has improved over the years.

VB nitty gritty sketch layout done in my diary. Posting after the photos are clicked though. Sorry for the delay. And after that, the comparo coming up. Wow a lot of work this. But stay tuned.
And about the camera, you too eh. Fantastic gem of a piece of equipment there. Never get rid of it. Trust me, i spent major bucks on a dslr setup. But still end up using my s2 IS. Its a true gem. Hey did i say that already.

Charthom, trust me even i am surprised to see such delicious figures on the MID. Even right now it reads 11.2. Infact i am in utter confusion these days. I love Chicca a lot. Infact i even dote on her. But the savings considering my on the higher side urban usage seems a lot. And i am so tempted to hand over the keys of the Civic and hold onto the City.

BV thank you for your kind words. And i do look forward to greater efficiency post oil change.

Sn1p3r thanks mate!
WOW! now thats some mileage there. Good times ahead then

Last edited by mdsaab : 24th July 2011 at 20:59.
mdsaab is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 21:01   #77
BHPian

Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
My Cuz.
You will not believe this. But i swear this is absolutely true. Being the semi-perfectionist that i am, or atleast a work in progress one. I kept thinking over and over again, who have i missed out. And Bingo. I missed Remi.
But not before i could get to my laptop or android, the T-BHP app is fantastic btw.
I got an e-mail on the Berry. And bang there it was. Reminton_Steele has quoted your post...
And i thought to myself. I wish i got to the thread before you. Opened your post and *bang* felt really bad.
C'mon Bro, I was just teasing you -Just CHILL

Quote:
So how does mdsaab still get away with this then.
You can easily get around this -by promising me a photo shoot as soon as the rains open up -what say?

Quote:
I said friends along the way. But hey you are family, right Cuz?
Yup absolutely; Thank you.

Quote:
If you ever end up on our side of town. Give me a buzz. And will do the same.
Sure -Goes without saying.

BTW - checkout our pics during the evening meet last week, I knew you wouldn't be a part as its was on the other end of city.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post2440771

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 24th July 2011 at 21:10.
RemingtonSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2011, 11:05   #78
BHPian

Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Hi mdsaab. This is my first post on Team-BHP and I must say, what a crisp ownership review!

Even after a slew of new launches, the City does hold it's own when it comes to petrol cars in the segment. Congratulations on your new ride!

Keep revvin'
tejus.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2011, 12:26   #79
Senior - BHPian

Congrats mdsaab on the 'seniorship'! Great news on the mileage part; I began to think the Jazz is doing only a couple of kms better than the ANHC AT, so why not..
But the thought needed to be killed right there; I am surprised it came up in the first place!
It would be great if you could put up a couple of more pics of the interiors.

Last edited by selfdrive : 25th July 2011 at 12:28.
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2011, 17:04   #80
Senior - BHPian

Thanks SD.
Yes the mileage is very surprising. And i am truly delighted. Regarding interior snaps. Plenty coming up.
The Nitty Gritty snaps are clicked, and re-sized posting and captions are pending. Though i am not too happy with the snaps. Overcast skies and poor lighting conditions means the snaps are not up to the level i would have liked them to be.

Anyways here is a teaser of both cars close to each other. The comparo will come up soon.
This is what i saw when i was at my Parents place last. So which one will it be for mdsaab?
the Golden Beauty or Chicca?
The choice is even tougher now, with all the perks of having the City around. Like lesser fuel bills, arms get a rest in traffic with the light EPS. Etc etc
Attached Images

mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2011, 17:25   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Overcast skies and poor lighting conditions means the snaps are not up to the level i would have liked them to be.
Yes,very miserable climate. Mostly raining or cloudy.

Living in a flat-I am very much embarrassed to take the car out and attempt photo sessions. Main reason for less photos on my thread. August middle-I will post more. But I have no ducktails to offer

Quote:
Anyways here is a teaser of both cars close to each other. The comparo will come up soon.
Thanks for the teaser. Shoot away the comparo soon.

Quote:
So which one will it be for mdsaab?the Golden Beauty or Chicca?
Golden and beautiful BRO, it has to be.Can you resist,now?
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2011, 19:25   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is what i saw when i was at my Parents place last. So which one will it be for mdsaab?
the Golden Beauty or Chicca?
The choice is even tougher now, with all the perks of having the City around. Like lesser fuel bills, arms get a rest in traffic with the light EPS. Etc etc
It has to be the silver beauty! Lesser fuel bills and EPS is all good, but Chicca is a legend in making
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2011, 22:01   #83
Senior - BHPian

Folks good news. The ducktail spoiler and side door protectors have been installed. Final small balance paid to the dealership. And all formalities complete.
Photos have been clicked. And shall most likely be posted tomorrow. Good night! LOL! its going to be tough to sleep now right? Yeah you bet!
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2011, 22:14   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Folks good news. The ducktail spoiler and side door protectors have been installed. Final small balance paid to the dealership. And all formalities complete.
Photos have been clicked. And shall most likely be posted tomorrow. Good night! LOL! its going to be tough to sleep now right? Yeah you bet!
You wouldn't loose a chance to tease and go to sleep -ain't you ?

Looking forward to the full blown pics of our bro, sorry Sis, sorry Aunt, Umm sorry I messed up the relation altogather
RemingtonSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 02:10   #85
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey thats great, will eagerly look out for the pics.

Finally spotted the 9th gen Civic. It was a white 4-door 1.8L Civic. You know, it actually looks quite nice, even the rear and taillamp treatment. The pics we have seen on the net does not do justice to the car.
dot is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 08:54   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot

Hey thats great, will eagerly look out for the pics.

Finally spotted the 9th gen Civic. It was a white 4-door 1.8L Civic. You know, it actually looks quite nice, even the rear and taillamp treatment. The pics we have seen on the net does not do justice to the car.
But is it the same one which will come to India? Because the American model is said to be different. We get the Japanese model, or the more Asian tastes looking one.

Pics should be up today. So stop by a little later.
Nitty Gritty put on hold. The Ducktail and side protectors will make their debut first. Hey Remi still waiting? Did you get any sleep. Ofcourse you did. You have the ducktail on your white beauty too. And yes i promise we shall have twin shoot when we meet up.
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 11:13   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Photos have been clicked. And shall most likely be posted tomorrow.
Great! Eagerly waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
@dot,that's nice! Could you snap any pictures? I had seen a whole lot of new looking Civics during my stay in Canada this time. Did not have the sense to click a few pictures Regret that now. But I was not a BHPIan then-which is the basic difference!!
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 19:52   #88
Senior - BHPian

Folks as promised here are the pics of the ducktail spoiler.

25th July 2011

Had promised the Sales rep that would drive in this afternoon, to get the ducktail and side protectors fitted. Had a small balance which had to be paid too.
Arrived at around quarter to 4ish. and the car was attended to promptly.
By 4 she was sent up to get the accessories fitted.

Time promised was 1 hour.
Though by the time the car was ready is was 6 PM which meant it took 2 hours to complete the job.

I had informed the sales rep that i want to take a look at the installation and click a few snaps for Team-BHP. Ofcourse he obliged.

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0064.jpg
When i went up first, was shocked to see a drill machine so close to the car. If it were Chicca i would have boxed the guy.

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0065.jpg
The Side Protectors were measured very carefully and marked out on the door. The final touches were pending, they were waiting for my approval before fixing it finally.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0066.jpg
You can see the end of the marking on the door.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0067.jpg
more clearly in this one.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0068.jpg
this guy has some guts.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0069.jpg
Again plenty of folks working on the car make you one happy guy.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0070.jpg
Does this guy have a heart? it takes nerves of steel to subject a car to this treatment!
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0071.jpg
look at his face, not a sign of nervousness.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0072.jpg
Only Honda Genuine stuff here boss, working on the ducktail spoiler.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0073.jpg
That's right Genuine stuff Boss.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0074.jpg
Made in Thailand. Any of my mates heading there? we may have many orders for you.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0076.jpg
Honda ~ Made in Thailand ~ embossed on the underside of the spoiler
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0077.jpg
Hey Noops, Look the Debadged look. Look at the size of that hole!
Now let me tell you, that it is for security reasons that one hole is made and the spoiler secured with a nut. Else someone can just pull your stick on spoiler and walk away.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0078.jpg
The final side protected look.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0079.jpg
a little closer.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0080.jpg
The Ducktail spoiler
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0081.jpg
And from the side, you can also see the no chrome look of the City in the background.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0082.jpg

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0083.jpg

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0084.jpg

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0085.jpg

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0086.jpg

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0087.jpg

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0089.jpg

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0090.jpg
Nice to see other work also being carried out on your car.
They cleaned the exterior and interior, and even polished the tyres what more can one ask for.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0093.jpg

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0094.jpg

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0095.jpg

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0096.jpg

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0097.jpg
mdsaab is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 19:58   #89
Senior - BHPian

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0098.jpg

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0103.jpg
To complete the full service experience we were even given paper mats.

I have been extremely satisfied with the dealership so far. and would definately recommend it to anyone.

mdsaab dealership rating 9/10

Awaiting your feedback folks. Hope you can sleep well tonight then.

Drive Safe!
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 20:32   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

The spoiler looks awesome on the City. Thanks for sharing the photos (and look at the determination on the driller’s face)

Note: I am maybe going to Bangkok for a weekend in August. But shipping the parts from Singapore to India maybe a problem
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote