Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 26th July 2011, 20:36   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Wonderful! The City looks all decked up.

Is there any City accessory left on your.. err your folks City now?!

What is the cost of the side beadings? I'm mighty tempted to get them installed on my.. err my folks City!

Guess one fine day, I'll just have to take the City for a drive to the dealer and indulge. I'm lusting for the side beadings and step garnish!
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 21:10   #92
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Hi mdsaab,

The car looks awesome with ducktail spoiler. Thanks for sharing much awaited pics. Now I am all tempted to see Abhijit's Taffeta white ANHC with ducktail spoiler. And I must say the guy who is doing all the drilling on a 10 lakh rupee car must be a trained and brave man. The installation of spoiler and side beadings is very neat as expected from Honda people.

mdsaab, don't you think that Honda should have provided a separate badge like AT so that one can recognize that it is an AT model? As every ANHC is almost same from outside except for E, V, S badges.
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 21:21   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
mdsaab, don't you think that Honda should have provided a separate badge like AT so that one can recognize that it is an AT model? As every ANHC is almost same from outside except for E, V, S badges.
A separate "AT" badge is remniscient of the time when an AT was a huge premium; the scene is slowly changing now. So, guess the AT bit shouldn't be a big deal.

About no noticeable diff. between E, S and V; isn't there plenty? E has black coloured door handle while S has body coloured while V has chrome. V has fog lamps and alloy wheels to differentiate itself from S.

Plus, mdsaab has the "Exclusive" badge too.
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 21:26   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Folks as promised here are the pics of the ducktail spoiler.
@mdsaab, really excited to see the car with ducktail spoiler.And the detailed process of fitting it too. Thank you for sharing.

Quote:
Though by the time the car was ready is was 6 PM which meant it took 2 hours to complete the job.
I feel it is ok. Let us give them due credit for the good job.

Quote:
When i went up first, was shocked to see a drill machine so close to the car. If it were Chicca i would have boxed the guy.
Unfortunately he is wearing a tie and operating a hand drill which indeed is a very unsafe practice!! The tie can entangle with the drill and cause an accident. He does not look like a mechanic-more of a SA. Honda has to be careful in deciding who does what,IMHO:

Quote:
I have been extremely satisfied with the dealership so far. and would definately recommend it to anyone. mdsaab dealership rating 9/10
Delighted to see the excellent job. Your rating is spot on.

Quote:
Hope you can sleep well tonight then.
Well-not sure,after seeing the fabulous ducktail

mdsaab-the snaps have been shot in extreme close-up with the intention of giving us the chance to see everything so close and relish the feeling. I do apprecaite your intentions and am moved by the affection.

However,could you post all around photos of the car at normal angles at mid length shots which will enable us to appreciate your car aesthetically too-of course weather-permitted..

Hope you will not take my request wrongly.The photos are fantastic.

I wish you and your parents many years of blissful association with the Beauty.

BTW,if any mesmerised onlooker sparins his neck badly while turning his head
to keep looking at the Lovely-let me know. Kerala is famous for ayurvedic massage etc.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 22:19   #95
BHPian

Quote:
@mdsaab: Fantastic pics there. Our Bro / Sis/ Aunt -whatever it is looks pretty cool.
The pics are good but still I would say the spoiler looks much more ravishing in person -do you agree ??
BTW did you notice that the Honda "H" logo without the ducktail are screwed from inside and with ducktail they are flat rivetted from inside, so I would assume they are safe from flicking :-)

And would request the same as Charthom's - Please post some mid range, long range pic shots + One 8 O' Clock angled pic please.

It rained today again and my car is soiled to its best so cannot photoshoot but now I am inspired to post them soon. Keep watching BV's thread - Coming Soon!!!

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 26th July 2011 at 22:34.
RemingtonSteele is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 22:39   #96
BHPian

Quote:
mdsaab, that spoiler looks cool. Thanks for the detailed installation photographs.
Jammy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 23:30   #97
dot
Senior - BHPian

In one word - smashing! Never seen that design before. Looks pretty grand. The part is made from superior plastic too (ABS).

Quote:
Hey Noops, Look at the size of that hole!
?

Last edited by dot : 26th July 2011 at 23:32.
dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 01:24   #98
Senior - BHPian

My Replies in Bold, to each respective post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
The spoiler looks awesome on the City. Thanks for sharing the photos (and look at the determination on the drillerís face)
Thanks, and tell me about it.
Note: I am maybe going to Bangkok for a weekend in August. But shipping the parts from Singapore to India maybe a problem
LOL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Wonderful! The City looks all decked up.
Thanks mate!
Is there any City accessory left on your.. err your folks City now?!
I just read about the HID conversion kit, which at 13 odd thousand sounds pretty reasonable.
What is the cost of the side beadings? I'm mighty tempted to get them installed on my.. err my folks City!
If i am not mistaken 6K odd ~ So your folks City too eh!?!

Guess one fine day, I'll just have to take the City for a drive to the dealer and indulge. I'm lusting for the side beadings and step garnish!
Now that sounds like a Perfect Plan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Hi mdsaab,

The car looks awesome with ducktail spoiler. Thanks for sharing much awaited pics. Now I am all tempted to see Abhijit's Taffeta white ANHC with ducktail spoiler. And I must say the guy who is doing all the drilling on a 10 lakh rupee car must be a trained and brave man. The installation of spoiler and side beadings is very neat as expected from Honda people.
Thanks. We wanna do Cuz's White ANHC and the Golden Beauty together, maybe we can call it the two lovely ducklings... and there is a little story to go with it too. Holding till we do the shoot, to tell the story.

To be honest, i don't want that AT or Automatic badge on the back. And i think Honda has done wise not to have it on public display. And if i am not mistaken Honda has never done so. Yes others like Hyundai, Maruti etc. Do advertise that it's an AT. And i think that's exactly what they are doing. Advertising that they do indeed sell AT's. So infact i think they should be paying us for the free publicity, Honda being wise don't want any litigation when mdsaab comes to their doorstep asking for his publicity cheque for the AT.
BV the above post all in good humour

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
A separate "AT" badge is remniscient of the time when an AT was a huge premium; the scene is slowly changing now. So, guess the AT bit shouldn't be a big deal.
I guess so.

About no noticeable diff. between E, S and V; isn't there plenty? E has black coloured door handle while S has body coloured while V has chrome. V has fog lamps and alloy wheels to differentiate itself from S.
Bang on!
Plus, mdsaab has the "Exclusive" badge too.
Exclusive people get exclusive badges, right!?! LOL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
@mdsaab, really excited to see the car with ducktail spoiler.And the detailed process of fitting it too. Thank you for sharing.
Your welcome buddy.

I feel it is ok. Let us give them due credit for the good job.
You bet, it is a job well done.

Unfortunately he is wearing a tie and operating a hand drill which indeed is a very unsafe practice!! The tie can entangle with the drill and cause an accident. He does not look like a mechanic-more of a SA. Honda has to be careful in deciding who does what,IMHO:
You are absolutely right, was too busy clicking the pics i didn't notice this obvious safety hazard.

Delighted to see the excellent job. Your rating is spot on.
Thanks.

Well-not sure,after seeing the fabulous ducktail
LOL! take a printout and take it to bed then.
mdsaab-the snaps have been shot in extreme close-up with the intention of giving us the chance to see everything so close and relish the feeling. I do apprecaite your intentions and am moved by the affection.
Thanks again.
However,could you post all around photos of the car at normal angles at mid length shots which will enable us to appreciate your car aesthetically too-of course weather-permitted..
Absolutely and good point there. Once Weather and Time permits, will click them snaps for all of you.
Hope you will not take my request wrongly.The photos are fantastic.
Ofcourse not buddy, and a great suggestion by the way.
I wish you and your parents many years of blissful association with the Beauty.
Thanks.
BTW,if any mesmerised onlooker sparins his neck badly while turning his head
to keep looking at the Lovely-let me know. Kerala is famous for ayurvedic massage etc.
Forget them folks, next time we are in Kerala, we shall meet up and have a great time. Perhaps you could point us to directions not explored in Kerala so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
@mdsaab: Fantastic pics there. Our Bro / Sis/ Aunt -whatever it is looks pretty cool.
The pics are good but still I would say the spoiler looks much more ravishing in person -do you agree ??
Thanks Cuz, Let's keep it at SIS what do you say? Yes the spoiler in person has a three dimensional mesmerizing effect!
BTW did you notice that the Honda "H" logo without the ducktail are screwed from inside and with ducktail they are flat rivetted from inside, so I would assume they are safe from flicking :-)
Yes a great safety feature indeed. WV are you listening.

And would request the same as Charthom's - Please post some mid range, long range pic shots + One 8 O' Clock angled pic please.
Absolutely will do and great suggestion by you folks. I remember the 8 O'clock pic you wanted. Will click it soon.
It rained today again and my car is soiled to its best so cannot photoshoot but now I am inspired to post them soon. Keep watching BV's thread - Coming Soon!!!
Eyes glued on the thread, can't wait for your ducktail debut pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy28 View Post
mdsaab, that spoiler looks cool. Thanks for the detailed installation photographs.
Thanks mate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
In one word - smashing! Never seen that design before. Looks pretty grand. The part is made from superior plastic too (ABS).
Thanks Buddy, Yes you noticed. Great quality, this Honda Genuine Stuff.

There was supposed to be a {Enter} before the hole part. Anyway let's let it slide. Guderian isn't here right. LOL!
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 02:29   #99
BHPian

@mdsaab: Ducktail spoiler looks great. I was going through the Honda City sold in Singapore, Malaysia and found that under the seat comes a very useful Umbrella Stand. Do you know if the same is available and where can it be sourced ? I think it would be a great accessory for the car.

Ps. The City AT may be a useful traffic muncher, but nothing as fun as the Civic when it comes to enjoying the drive.
Attached Images

Last edited by M00M : 27th July 2011 at 02:31.
M00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 08:29   #100
BHPian

@mdsaab,

Quote:
I just read about the HID conversion kit, which at 13 odd thousand sounds pretty reasonable.
Beware!! Only 11K quoted in Cochin without bargaining-Philips,I believe. I upgraded my head lamps to 100/130 bulbs without HID(1700/-). Good peformance. You may find details on my thread and FireBug's(he did the conversion too). RS should be the ideal candidate to consult.

Quote:
To be honest, i don't want that AT or Automatic badge on the back. And i think Honda has done wise not to have it on public display.
Agree in totality.

Your car is for you to enjoy.The the AT has any advantage,then it should reflect on your driving behaviour-and character. To announce the AT factor to intimidate others will not serve any purpose.

Understated and stylish is my outlook here. Hence I may not go for the Ducktail too- I said may not. BTW,can you refresh my memory-how much for the Ducktail. I forgot!!

Quote:
Absolutely and good point there. Once Weather and Time permits, will click them snaps for all of you.
Ofcourse not buddy, and a great suggestion by the way.
Thank you.Looking forward to them snaps.

Quote:
next time we are in Kerala, we shall meet up and have a great time. Perhaps you could point us to directions not explored in Kerala so far.
You are most welcome. We would be eager and most enthusiastic to receive you.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 10:20   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
@mdsaab: Ducktail spoiler looks great. I was going through the Honda City sold in Singapore, Malaysia and found that under the seat comes a very useful Umbrella Stand. Do you know if the same is available and where can it be sourced ? I think it would be a great accessory for the car.

Ps. The City AT may be a useful traffic muncher, but nothing as fun as the Civic when it comes to enjoying the drive.
Thanks MOOM! That is a Nifty little accessory indeed. Infact at first glance, i thought how did you get a pic from the upcoming Nitty Gritty's, then i realised the difference. I will ask our sales rep if he has any clue. Else the other option would be our dear friend from Singapore vb-san.

Quote:
@mdsaab,

Beware!! Only 11K quoted in Cochin without bargaining-Philips,I believe. I upgraded my head lamps to 100/130 bulbs without HID(1700/-). Good peformance. You may find details on my thread and FireBug's(he did the conversion too). RS should be the ideal candidate to consult.
Cochin is like modifying heaven, have read about so many folks getting rad stuff fitted from there, and at reasonable costs too.
One Q on the uprated bulbs, will this have any effect on the glass in front of the bulb. I do not want them changing colour due to the heat from prolonged use.

Understated and stylish is my outlook here. Hence I may not go for the Ducktail too- I said may not. BTW,can you refresh my memory-how much for the Ducktail. I forgot!!
It's Jhatak Bollywood for my folks. But IMHO even with all that kit, the Golden Beauty still manages to hold her self and look elegant.
In Contrast Chicca is absolutely stock inside and out. All these accessories on the Golden Beauty are really tempting me to do something for Chicca. Let's see how long i can hold back.
The Ductail spoiler costs approx 10K. Which includes Painting and installation.

Thank you.Looking forward to them snaps.
ASAP.

You are most welcome. We would be eager and most enthusiastic to receive you.
Thank you, Our visits to Kerala and down South have been memorable ones. We just love Kerala. Especially our visit to Cochin including Matancherry. and not to forget the dream like Munnar. Truly God's Own Country!

Last edited by mdsaab : 27th July 2011 at 10:24.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 10:43   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice pics. I like how the ducktail spoiler adds a touch of extra class to an already classy car. Subtle, smart and smashing. It will make your City stand out from the rest of the Citys in the city.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 10:46   #103
BHPian

Quote:
One Q on the uprated bulbs, will this have any effect on the glass in front of the bulb. I do not want them changing colour due to the heat from prolonged use.
@mdsaab

I am afraid so-probably.That's what some friends have warned me! I was ignorant about the upgrade business. FireBug is using upgrades and there is no problem so far. Consult RemingtonSteele-hope he will be able to help.

11K was quoted by Honda dealer.

Quote:
Thank you, Our visits to Kerala and down South have been memorable ones. We just love Kerala. Especially our visit to Cochin including Matancherry. and not to forget the dream like Munnar. Truly God's Own Country!
Thanks for the kind words I have not visited Munnar recently( any place as a matter of fact).Still waiting for my wife to improve

Last edited by charthom : 27th July 2011 at 10:48.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 11:01   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Nice pics. I like how the ducktail spoiler adds a touch of extra class to an already classy car. Subtle, smart and smashing. It will make your City stand out from the rest of the Citys in the city.
Thanks mate! I like the last sentence which has CITY in it thrice.

Quote:
@mdsaab

I am afraid so-probably.That's what some friends have warned me! I was ignorant about the upgrade business. FireBug is using upgrades and there is no problem so far. Consult RemingtonSteele-hope he will be able to help.

11K was quoted by Honda dealer.

I had upgraded the bulbs on my Matiz, and they have fogged up the whole headlight glass. Hence after that decided never to undertake such mods. But am told there are bulbs that improve output slightly, but do not increase heat within the headlight assembly.

Thanks for the kind words I have not visited Munnar recently( any place as a matter of fact).Still waiting for my wife to improve
Hope your wife gets better real soon, and you can go on a road trip. The ANHC with it's comfortable ride will truly help
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 11:03   #105
Senior - BHPian

Nice spoiler. The finishing is good as the paint on the boot.
You have gone the complete distance with the accessories. I am few who do not touch the car thus VMT rather than E or S variants.

Enjoy the limelight. Cheers!
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote