Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2011, 10:46   #16
BHPian
 
hiren.mistry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bombay, London
Posts: 913
Thanked: 201 Times
Default Re: Finally some Civic Sense. My 15k kms, CIVIC 1.8 S M/T. Named Valentino.

Hey Dan,
Congrats on your car, it looks superb and 15K is nothing for the engine.
And your initial impression mirror mine when I laid eyes on my car sometime in June 2010.

BTW, what the color name? Mine is a Galaxy grey but I think Honda discontinued that color.
Hope your have loads of fun with your car.

Regards
hiren.mistry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 12:11   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
Ace F355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 1,172
Thanked: 1,602 Times
Default Re: Finally some Civic Sense. My 15k kms, CIVIC 1.8 S M/T. Named Valentino.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
BTW, what the color name? Mine is a Galaxy grey but I think Honda discontinued that color.
Hiren, Dan's car and my car wear the same color. Carbon Bronze Pearl. It is a bit dark shade of grey (darker than Galaxy Grey) with a little silvery shiny pearl effect.

IMO this is one of the best shade on Indian Civics, but I will admit it is equally pain in the *** to get this color matched perfectly aftermarket! Speaking from experience.
Ace F355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2011, 22:06   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
danlalan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: mumbai,JUHU
Posts: 1,597
Thanked: 133 Times
Default Re: Finally some Civic Sense. My 15k kms, CIVIC 1.8 S M/T. Named Valentino.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
First of all, hearty congrats danlalan. Its raining pre-owned Civics in this forum. Your car is fabulous and looks to be in absolutely pristine condition. If you tie one's eyes and take them up to the car in person, I am sure no one would really find out that its a pre-owned vehicle. Looking forward to your ownership thread.
Thats arvi. Shes absolutely stunning. Love everything about the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Hey Dan,
Congrats on your car, it looks superb and 15K is nothing for the engine.
And your initial impression mirror mine when I laid eyes on my car sometime in June 2010.

BTW, what the color name? Mine is a Galaxy grey but I think Honda discontinued that color.
Hope your have loads of fun with your car.

Regards
Thanks bro. Looking forward to meetin you on sunday. The colour name is carbon bronze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Hiren, Dan's car and my car wear the same color. Carbon Bronze Pearl. It is a bit dark shade of grey (darker than Galaxy Grey) with a little silvery shiny pearl effect.

IMO this is one of the best shade on Indian Civics, but I will admit it is equally pain in the *** to get this color matched perfectly aftermarket! Speaking from experience.
Its been over 3 months now and i need to get my front bumper touched up thanks to mumbai roads. Going to find it difficult to match this colour.


here are a couple of pics.

Finally some Civic Sense. My 15k kms, CIVIC 1.8 S M/T. Named Valentino.-2.jpg

Finally some Civic Sense. My 15k kms, CIVIC 1.8 S M/T. Named Valentino.-img-20110816-00150.jpg

Finally some Civic Sense. My 15k kms, CIVIC 1.8 S M/T. Named Valentino.-img-20110816-00151.jpg

Finally some Civic Sense. My 15k kms, CIVIC 1.8 S M/T. Named Valentino.-img-20110816-00153.jpg

Finally some Civic Sense. My 15k kms, CIVIC 1.8 S M/T. Named Valentino.-img-20110816-00175.jpg

Finally some Civic Sense. My 15k kms, CIVIC 1.8 S M/T. Named Valentino.-img-20110816-00173.jpg

Finally some Civic Sense. My 15k kms, CIVIC 1.8 S M/T. Named Valentino.-img-20110816-00182.jpg
danlalan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2011, 10:31   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
_raVan_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,058
Thanked: 486 Times
Default Re: Finally some Civic Sense. My 15k kms, CIVIC 1.8 S M/T. Named Valentino.

^Nice pics! Isnt that enroute to Lavasa The roads are very nice and good for a neat ride. Though Lavasa itself doesnt hold anything now, the roads to and fro are great especially during the rains
_raVan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2011, 13:20   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
Ace F355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 1,172
Thanked: 1,602 Times
Default Re: Finally some Civic Sense. My 15k kms, CIVIC 1.8 S M/T. Named Valentino.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Its been over 3 months now and i need to get my front bumper touched up thanks to mumbai roads. Going to find it difficult to match this colour.
here are a couple of pics.
Sweet pics in those damp weather conditions, dan! I need to pull out my camera and click some pics, my thread is getting colder!

Do find a reputed paint shop and tell them specifically to make no mistake in color matching. Push them for color match and no orange peel on surface! I think they will get the message through!
Ace F355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2011, 13:44   #21
BHPian
 
hiren.mistry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bombay, London
Posts: 913
Thanked: 201 Times
Default Re: Finally some Civic Sense. My 15k kms, CIVIC 1.8 S M/T. Named Valentino.

Sweet pics. Put in a set of after market fog lamps and your car will be complete.
hiren.mistry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2011, 20:25   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
danlalan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: mumbai,JUHU
Posts: 1,597
Thanked: 133 Times
Default Re: Finally some Civic Sense. My 15k kms, CIVIC 1.8 S M/T. Named Valentino.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Sweet pics. Put in a set of after market fog lamps and your car will be complete.
Thanks bro. On the Hunt for Aftermarket fogs. Any idea where to source from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Sweet pics in those damp weather conditions, dan! I need to pull out my camera and click some pics, my thread is getting colder!

Do find a reputed paint shop and tell them specifically to make no mistake in color matching. Push them for color match and no orange peel on surface! I think they will get the message through!
Thanks bro. Yes ill take note of that. Should put her in for paint this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
^Nice pics! Isnt that enroute to Lavasa The roads are very nice and good for a neat ride. Though Lavasa itself doesnt hold anything now, the roads to and fro are great especially during the rains
Yes Lavasa. I didnt like lavasa too. The drive to it is amazing.
danlalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2011, 20:51   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
puchoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delhi / Shimla
Posts: 1,433
Thanked: 750 Times
Default Re: Finally some Civic Sense. My 15k kms, CIVIC 1.8 S M/T. Named Valentino.

i feel the same way , thanks for posting these and i love picture number 5! I called a friend who has a civic of the same color as well and asked him about the paint matching , he had to get it done on the driver side door and did not face an issue matching it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Yes Lavasa. I didnt like lavasa too. The drive to it is amazing.
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Road Sense and No Sense of responsibility iceman91 Street Experiences 183 7th March 2016 19:05
Optra Magnum 0k To 10k Experience And Some Nagging Issues EDIT: updated to 15k raaga Long-Term Ownership Reviews 44 15th September 2015 17:57
Finally finally finally finally... s4ch Introduce yourself 3 29th March 2012 19:44
City gets some Civic sense, Civic gets a new sense. sidindica The Indian Car Scene 469 5th September 2010 12:18


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:25.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks