Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 14th August 2012, 15:22   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Laal Pari-My new Skoda Fabia Flash Red

Sorry to learn about your Laal Pari accident, the only good part that I could say now is that thank god no one is injured.
Although it was their mistake, I appreciate the understanding of the other party involved.
iSpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2012, 15:28   #47
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations. Keep it carefully.

P.S. My Skoda Octavia's name is also Laal Pari :P
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2012, 12:20   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post
Glad to note that your ride is back road. Hope its as good as new.

This is atrocious and unbelievable. After all they would be handling dozens of vehicles for servicing each day and should know how much oil goes into the engine. Overfilling is worse than overcharging, if the idea is to make some quick bucks on showing higher quantity filled.

How was the oil levels before and after removing the excess 1.2 ltrs? At least one of them would be outside the limits specified.
These service advisors mess up more than they solve. Its common across the board for all brands, IMO.

I didn't check the level before they took out 1.2 ltrs. But after the exact 2.8 ltrs, the dip stick showed half way (between max. and min.). More than the levels, I was more concerned with the damage the excess oil would have inflicted on the oil seals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatin22aug View Post
Congratulations deepfusion for your Lal pari. The only thing that bothers me regarding Fabia is its 3 cylinder engine. How is the engine noise levels? Although Skoda as we know have spent a lot in tuning these engines however still you cant compare with four cylinder counterparts.
Thanks, buddy for the good wishes. The engine noise levels on the outside are on the higher side considering its a petrol engine. But on the inside, it is far less than a diesel engine. A very slight hint that the engine is running. Nothing offensive there.

But the car is rock solid even at 150 kph. No nervousness at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post
Sorry to learn about your Laal Pari accident, the only good part that I could say now is that thank god no one is injured.
Although it was their mistake, I appreciate the understanding of the other party involved.
Thanks, mate. It sure was quite good that the person came to my office and dropped his car for me to use till the time my car was in the workshop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Congratulations. Keep it carefully.

P.S. My Skoda Octavia's name is also Laal Pari :P
Thanks, mate. I will take very good care of her.

Nice to know about your Laal Pari. So, elder sister and younger sister, if we may call them.

Another update:

During the extended weekend, I had the opportunity of taking teh Laal Pari out to Chandigarh, via Rohtak, Bhiwani. So, all kinds of terrain, from butter smooth roads to deep potholes to sand to gravel to water filled roads were covered. The car did admirably well.

Maximum speed driven was 150 kph,

Total distance driven: 799 kms.

Fuel used: 51 ltrs.

Mileage returned: 15.66 km/l with 100 per cent a.c.

Despite having run on the highway, the mileage has been lower may be due to the fact that it was driven at or above 100 kph at most times.

Last edited by deepfusion : 16th August 2012 at 12:31.
deepfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2012, 12:42   #49
Senior - BHPian

Ouch!! those images look bad , but glad it was nothing very serious and you managed to sort it out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
Update:

The car has done 6672 as of now, and is lying with Nawab Motors, Noida for accidental repairs and service.

Fuel used: 91.26 ltrs.

Distance covered: 1472 kms.

Mileage achieved: 16.13 kmpl. plus 1/4 petrol remaining in the tank.

Problems: Nil, except that the car met with an accident today morning, spoiling the good show.

During the last month, I had two trips to my native place, translating to about 700 kms. which might have resulted in a good mileage returned by the car.

Accident details:

Today morning, enroute to the kids' school, a young lady, learning to drive a car, was taking a U-turn, when, due to slight mis-calculation, she accelerated quite harshly, and rammed her dzire into my car. The result, the front right of the Fabia has been badly damaged. The car is now lying at A.S.S.
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote