Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2011, 13:44   #91
BHPian
 
HappyRoadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 449
Thanked: 99 Times
Default re: Bringing home the Mahindra Scorpio LX. EDIT : 10500 kms & second service completed

I would like to ask a question to all Scorpio owners. As we all know that Scorpio LX does not have door pockets to keep things etc. So is it possible to fix door pockets in Scorpio? If yes then is it possible to get it done in the workshop. Hope to hear soon.


Thanks
HappyRoadie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2011, 09:15   #92
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,025
Thanked: 3,483 Times
Default re: Bringing home the Mahindra Scorpio LX. EDIT : 10500 kms & second service completed

HappyRoadie, i got door pockets along with the speaker install on the door. The pockets aren't really accommodating enough, but you can keep a notepad, and other thin items in it. I would have loved to have better designed door pockets, but eventually had to settle for this.

I don't have a pic which i can share now, shall click and post sometime.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2011, 19:21   #93
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,025
Thanked: 3,483 Times
Default re: Bringing home the Mahindra Scorpio LX. EDIT : 10500 kms & second service completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
I would like to ask a question to all Scorpio owners. As we all know that Scorpio LX does not have door pockets to keep things etc. So is it possible to fix door pockets in Scorpio? If yes then is it possible to get it done in the workshop. Hope to hear soon.


Thanks
As promised, here are the pics of my Scorp with the speakers installed on the front doors, along with the door pockets. I had envisaged a better design of the door pockets, with an ability to hold bigger stuff, but finally had to settle for these.

Bringing home the Mahindra Scorpio LX. EDIT : Scorpio finds a new home!-img_1454.jpg

Bringing home the Mahindra Scorpio LX. EDIT : Scorpio finds a new home!-img_1455.jpg

Well, it certainly is better than nothing. It cost me about 800 bucks for the pair.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 06:28   #94
Distinguished - BHPian
 
phamilyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5,601
Thanked: 3,452 Times
Default re: Bringing home the Mahindra Scorpio LX. EDIT : 10500 kms & second service completed

decent jugaad but downright CHEAP of M&M to cut costs on such an obvious comfort/safety feature. If you don't keep easy to reach stuff here, you will fiddle all over the place and lose concentration. God only knows what groupthink the designers in M&M were thinking when they came up with this differentiation for a 8-9L rupee car. SHAME!!!
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 08:16   #95
Senior - BHPian
 
rjstyles69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bengalooru..
Posts: 4,345
Thanked: 789 Times
Default re: Bringing home the Mahindra Scorpio LX. EDIT : 10500 kms & second service completed

Damn , M&M should have at-least sold the LX with better door pads,for a 9 lakh SUV those door-pads look cheap and drab. Benny get those pods wrapped in art leather and I am sure it will look much better. Wouldn't cost you an arm and a leg, improves the aesthetics of those door pads also.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 10:21   #96
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,025
Thanked: 3,483 Times
Default re: Bringing home the Mahindra Scorpio LX. EDIT : 10500 kms & second service completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
decent jugaad but downright CHEAP of M&M to cut costs on such an obvious comfort/safety feature. If you don't keep easy to reach stuff here, you will fiddle all over the place and lose concentration. God only knows what groupthink the designers in M&M were thinking when they came up with this differentiation for a 8-9L rupee car. SHAME!!!
Well, if that wasn't all, there is more in terms of cost cutting on the LX. On the higher versions starting from the SLE, the rear cabin light comes on when you open the rear doors as well as the rear hatch door. However, on the LX, the rear cabin light does NOT come on when you open the rear doors - it lights up only when you open the rear hatch! How much have they saved this way?! Beats me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Damn , M&M should have at-least sold the LX with better door pads,for a 9 lakh SUV those door-pads look cheap and drab. Benny get those pods wrapped in art leather and I am sure it will look much better. Wouldn't cost you an arm and a leg, improves the aesthetics of those door pads also.
You're referring to just the door pockets, right? That can be done. However, better aesthetics would have been welcome for the door pads.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 14:01   #97
BHPian
 
BulZire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 348
Thanked: 132 Times
Default re: Bringing home the Mahindra Scorpio LX. EDIT : 10500 kms & second service completed

Do the Scorpio LX comes with the slide cladding as option now ?
reason is couple of days back i saw a unregistered LX with the grey cladding. the cladding is not the metallic or body colored, it is Matt finish as in safari LX, .

On close inspection i did not find any flaws indicating it as a after market one. it is as perfect as a factory fitted like in SLE.

if it is optional, how much do they charge extra ?
BulZire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 18:23   #98
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 27
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire
Do the Scorpio LX comes with the slide cladding as option now ?
reason is couple of days back i saw a unregistered LX with the grey cladding. the cladding is not the metallic or body colored, it is Matt finish as in safari LX, .

On close inspection i did not find any flaws indicating it as a after market one. it is as perfect as a factory fitted like in SLE.

if it is optional, how much do they charge extra ?
That seems to be an after market one. It is available on request at the time of booking the car. Costs around 35-40k just for the claddings. Am not too sure if they are the metallic finish or the Matt ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar
Benny, please help with a few clarifications I am very keen but confused.

1. How would you rate the brakes? Especially for someone upgrading from a Swift?
My budget [already stretched] is strictly for LX - I am okay with all the features of LX except that braking isn't confirmed.

2. Does it sway speed of 120/130 kmph or is it stuck to the road?

3. Does the clutch vibrate if fully pressed?

4. How much FE are you getting with/without AC?

Thanks
Hi I myself graduated from the swift to the scorpio. Below is what I have learnt on your queries
1. All said and done the brakes on the lx are average and you will feel the lack of an abs especially in the city when sudden lane changes and brakes of the fell vehicle drivers on the road is more pronounced. A bit of pre empting will ensure they don't lock. The swift brakes are better owing to it's size and lesser momentum build up
2. I have driven from pokran to jaisalmer at 130+ speeds for good 12-15 min stretches and have not faced any sway or lack of confidence of handling the vehicle at those speeds
3. Never experienced any vibrations in the clutch but the gear box is a whole different thing
4. With ac I get about 9 to 11 depending on traffic and how late I am for work. Highway with a consistent speed you should manage 12 with ease and maybe even 13 if you have a light right foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29

As promised, here are the pics of my Scorp with the speakers installed on the front doors, along with the door pockets. I had envisaged a better design of the door pockets, with an ability to hold bigger stuff, but finally had to settle for these.

<img src="http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=843079"/>

<img src="http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=843080"/>

Well, it certainly is better than nothing. It cost me about 800 bucks for the pair.
Those are awesome where did you get them from????

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th November 2011 at 10:09. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
prakashutosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 18:42   #99
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,960
Thanked: 1,714 Times
Default re: Bringing home the Mahindra Scorpio LX. EDIT : 10500 kms & second service completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Do the Scorpio LX comes with the slide cladding as option now ?
reason is couple of days back i saw a unregistered LX with the grey cladding. the cladding is not the metallic or body colored, it is Matt finish as in safari LX
You can, at the showroom/ASC add claddings to the LX if you wish to, at a cost of around 20k. However, there are aftermarket claddings available too.
The challenge in adding claddings is the number of holes that need to be drilled in the doors. If the holes are slightly bigger, the cladding doesnt lock in place and if slightly smaller, it doesn't fit. Moreover, at the factory, the doors are treated after the drilling and that ensures they do not rust at the holes. It is not possible to treat them outside the factory to those standards.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 19:00   #100
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,752
Thanked: 7,475 Times
Default re: Bringing home the Mahindra Scorpio LX. EDIT : 10500 kms & second service completed

How did i miss this thread Benny a very belated congratz! As usual great updates on the ownership experience. Wishing you and the scorp many happy kilometers.

So did you get the bumpers painted?
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 20:52   #101
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 10,746
Thanked: 4,338 Times
Default re: Bringing home the Mahindra Scorpio LX. EDIT : 10500 kms & second service completed

Less than 4 months.
8000 km.
Benny, you sure that wasnt a typo ?

Good to see you clocking the miles. Keep driving !
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2011, 12:03   #102
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,025
Thanked: 3,483 Times
Default re: Bringing home the Mahindra Scorpio LX. EDIT : 10500 kms & second service completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Do the Scorpio LX comes with the slide cladding as option now ?
reason is couple of days back i saw a unregistered LX with the grey cladding. the cladding is not the metallic or body colored, it is Matt finish as in safari LX, .

On close inspection i did not find any flaws indicating it as a after market one. it is as perfect as a factory fitted like in SLE.

if it is optional, how much do they charge extra ?
The LX does not come with the claddings as standard. They are either installed aftermarket or at the dealer, as the others have clarified below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakashutosh View Post
That seems to be an after market one. It is available on request at the time of booking the car. Costs around 35-40k just for the claddings. Am not too sure if they are the metallic finish or the Matt ones
The claddings are matt finish/grey by default, as could be seen on the older DX variants. These when painted get the metallic finish, as on the SLE and VLX.


Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
You can, at the showroom/ASC add claddings to the LX if you wish to, at a cost of around 20k. However, there are aftermarket claddings available too.
The challenge in adding claddings is the number of holes that need to be drilled in the doors. If the holes are slightly bigger, the cladding doesnt lock in place and if slightly smaller, it doesn't fit. Moreover, at the factory, the doors are treated after the drilling and that ensures they do not rust at the holes. It is not possible to treat them outside the factory to those standards.
Our fellow member Ramkya had the claddings retrofitted on his old LX, thereby converting it to a DX in terms of looks. I dont think he had any issues with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakashutosh View Post
4. With ac I get about 9 to 11 depending on traffic and how late I am for work. Highway with a consistent speed you should manage 12 with ease and maybe even 13 if you have a light right foot
On my drive to Chennai and back, i got about 14+ kmpl from the MHawk. Rjstyles who owns a MHawk also regularly gets the same from his highway drives. My city FE is usually between 10-12kmpl with varying degrees of A/C usage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakashutosh View Post
Those are awesome where did you get them from????
These were bought from the same guy who installed the ICE on my Scorp. The place is called Top Choice on Sarjapur road (Bangalore).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
How did i miss this thread Benny a very belated congratz! As usual great updates on the ownership experience. Wishing you and the scorp many happy kilometers.

So did you get the bumpers painted?
Thanks Jaggu!
I haven't gotten the bumpers painted so far. It's just being driven around a lot ever since i bought it. Should plan to get them done sometime later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Less than 4 months.
8000 km.
Benny, you sure that wasnt a typo ?

Good to see you clocking the miles. Keep driving !
Definitely not a typo. As i type this reply, the vehicle is already past 9000 kms. I would need to update that soon enough.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2011, 15:10   #103
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,025
Thanked: 3,483 Times
Default re: Bringing home the Mahindra Scorpio LX. EDIT : 10500 kms & second service completed

Exactly 5 months and over 10,000 kms covered. The Scorp goes about its duties without a fuss, and its time for the second service. It goes in for the scheduled service with no complaints to speak of, save for an alignment check. Will update on the service once the vehicle is back.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2011, 08:19   #104
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,025
Thanked: 3,483 Times
Default Second service completed @ 10,500 kms

I gave the Scorp in for the second service at Sireesh Auto @ Marathalli. As the vehicle is on lease, i got them to book me a morning slot, and the vehicle was handed over with no complaints worth mentioning. The service advisor was pleasantly surprised that there was nothing particular to be looked into.

I did request them to check the alignment though, as the vehicle did pull slightly to the left at times. As i was not able to isolate the slope of the road to be the cause, i didnt attribute a high priority to this for the time being. However, the alighnment machine at the Marathalli branch for Sireesh was still being set up, is what i was told, so this could not be done as part of this service. I may most probably end up getting this done at Madhus sometime.

As the second service schedule only mandated the changing of the transmission oil, this was completed along with a wash of the vehicle. I took delivery of the vehicle at the promised time, and must say the experience was professional.

Bill Details as follows:
-------------------------

Mahindra Maximile 60 80W90 ------ 2 litres ---- 450.00
VAT @ 14% ----------------------------------- 63.00

TOTAL : Rs. 513/-
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2011, 10:29   #105
Senior - BHPian
 
himanshugoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: !!!!
Posts: 2,006
Thanked: 1,018 Times
Default Re: Bringing home the Mahindra Scorpio LX. EDIT : 10500 kms & second service complete

Quote:
On my drive to Chennai and back, i got about 14+ kmpl from the MHawk. Rjstyles who owns a MHawk also regularly gets the same from his highway drives. My city FE is usually between 10-12kmpl with varying degrees of A/C usage.
My SLE has done close to 4k now in two months and my drive is a mix of city roads in Gurgaon and a "quasi highway" i.e. MG road to Delhi- all in all the Scorp is averaging between 13.5 -14 KPL consistently albiet, with no AC use.....Darn impressive for the beast.

Now if only something could be done about those seat rattles!!
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra Thar - Bringing it home - Finally! carrot_eater 4x4 Vehicles 123 13th August 2017 09:37
A Ford EcoSport finds a home - 1.0L EcoBoost Titanium (O) arunphilip Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 97 26th February 2017 11:14
2014 VW Jetta 2.0 TDI DSG finds a new home aseem Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 78 30th May 2016 20:19
Bringing home my blue wind : VW Vento TDI EDIT: Now sold! newtonMeter Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 85 13th August 2015 01:13
GreaseMonkey finds a home :) GreaseMonkey Introduce yourself 7 31st August 2009 17:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:00.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks