Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2012, 19:41   #151
BHPian
 
dezrskb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Udupi
Posts: 232
Thanked: 101 Times
Default re: Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!

Hi Vinj14,
Thanks for the prompt reply.
To correct you on the price, and also to make it more attractive for me, I have a quotation where price difference between Laura 2.0 CR TD Elegance AT and Elegance MT is just 62K odd INR. All the more reason to go for AT. I test drove an AT 140hp Jetta and a 110hp manual Laura (as no alternative TD vehicles were available with dealers). But frankly speaking I didn't feel the 110hp Laura actually felt underpowered in real life. Also I many not have much additional use for additional horses. But I think when I have option of getting a good AT (6 speed DSG of VW is supposed to be better than others and is reasonably reliable too I guess) + a higher power engine with 62K extra, latter looks better. Also most of the long drives I take is usually into Kerala where roads are quite congested and most of the drive is filled with repeated braking and gear changing. Hence let me get the feel of AT this time which is new to me.
dezrskb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2012, 21:51   #152
BHPian
 
ishlinea7260's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ambala
Posts: 294
Thanked: 245 Times
Exclamation re: Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
True. Cruise control comes as a genuine skoda accessory that the company will fit for you (for manual as well as automatic)
Cruise control as an accessory?
Does this mean one can fit cruise control on the Ambition DSG variant as well?
ishlinea7260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2012, 22:17   #153
BHPian
 
vinj14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 302
Thanked: 244 Times
Default re: Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Cruise control as an accessory?
Does this mean one can fit cruise control on the Ambition DSG variant as well?
Yes. For any laura. Manual or automatic.
vinj14 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2012, 12:35   #154
buz
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 88
Thanked: 8 Times
Default re: Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
[b][i]I bought the Kensington liquiaux with steering control for the ipod. It works beautifully and makes you miss the multifunction steering wheel a little less. The sound quality is great, you can hide the wires so that it doesnít make your car look messy and the steering remote actually goes well with the interiors of the car
Hi Vinj,

A little dated in my query but I too am procuring the liquidaux for my Skoda Laura. Had a question, is it possible to receive and answer calls from this device on the iphone?
buz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2013, 20:16   #155
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 984
Thanked: 635 Times
Default re: Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
Its quite complicated. And you will certainly lose your warranty if the service centers aren't willing to do it for you.

Its a good mod for sure but make sure the you have the 100% backing from your skoda service center before you proceed.
Hi vinj,

Are you still enjoying the warranty from skoda, despite all of these modifications? From what I understand and came across, you should not retrofit anything.

regards,

Nitin
nitinbose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2013, 20:37   #156
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mumbai, MH
Posts: 501
Thanked: 176 Times
Post re: Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Are you still enjoying the warranty from skoda, despite all of these modifications? From what I understand and came across, you should not retrofit anything.

regards,
Let me tell you Vinj was very lucky to have a supportive service crew that not only agreed to do all those extensive mods on his Laura but do so without affecting his warranty.

I've tried to talk to my service guys here in Mumbai and get them to mod my Laura (with Skoda OEM fitments). They have refused because they are extremely wary of associated failures and subsequent liability. And this after I had substantial leverage with the top folks there. Do it outside and you can rest assured that the warranty will stand nullified and void.

Phew! And it is not easy to get the service center to be hand in glove or even look the other way.

Last edited by Omtoatom : 16th January 2013 at 20:41.
Omtoatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2013, 21:11   #157
BHPian
 
vinj14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 302
Thanked: 244 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
y. And this after I had substantial leverage with the top folks there. Do it outside and you can rest assured that the warranty will stand nullified and void.

Phew! And it is not easy to get the service center to be hand in glove or even look the other way.
Yeah I've been very lucky. The guys here really helped me out. My warranty is still intact.
vinj14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2013, 22:22   #158
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,450
Thanked: 5,336 Times
Default re: Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post

I've tried to talk to my service guys here in Mumbai and get them to mod my Laura (with Skoda OEM fitments). They have refused because they are extremely wary of associated failures and subsequent liability. And this after I had substantial leverage with the top folks there. Do it outside and you can rest assured that the warranty will stand nullified and void.
Like what? I'm pretty sure I can get my service guys to do it for it if they are OEM fitments.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2013, 23:03   #159
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mumbai, MH
Posts: 501
Thanked: 176 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234
Like what? I'm pretty sure I can get my service guys to do it for it if they are OEM fitments.
Like the Maxi-Dot display from the L&K AND/OR the vRS Multi-function steering. As OEM as it gets.

akshay, are you saying you can get your service guys to do it for me?

Last edited by Omtoatom : 16th January 2013 at 23:09.
Omtoatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2013, 00:32   #160
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,450
Thanked: 5,336 Times
Default re: Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Like the Maxi-Dot display from the L&K AND/OR the vRS Multi-function steering. As OEM as it gets.

akshay, are you saying you can get your service guys to do it for me?
That will require coding, probably with a Vag-com system. The service guys may not know how to do that. But a member here akki_5 can probably figure the coding out. Ill find out tomorrow if they can fit those parts.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2013, 06:57   #161
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,475
Thanked: 3,133 Times
Default re: Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Like what? I'm pretty sure I can get my service guys to do it for it if they are OEM fitments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Like the Maxi-Dot display from the L&K AND/OR the vRS Multi-function steering. As OEM as it gets.

akshay, are you saying you can get your service guys to do it for me?
Just to add-on, when I was having a discussion with the dealership on the Laura, the guy took me to a Superb (TD car) parked there to show the touchscreen audio system. And when I asked him about the nice 3-spoke steering wheel of the Superb, he mentioned that I can source that + other accessories from outside (he mentioned a couple of international websites, I donít remember the names well), and they can help to get those fitted in the Laura. I specifically asked about warranty void situation, and he mentioned that itís not a problem with genuine fitments, and work carried out by ASC folks.

Infact he went on to say that the Laura Ambition is one of the most mod-friendly car in their line-up
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2013, 13:27   #162
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mumbai, MH
Posts: 501
Thanked: 176 Times
Post re: Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Just to add-on, when I was having a discussion with the dealership on the Laura, the guy took me to a Superb (TD car) parked there to show the touchscreen audio system. And when I asked him about the nice 3-spoke steering wheel of the Superb, he mentioned that I can source that + other accessories from outside (he mentioned a couple of international websites, I donít remember the names well), and they can help to get those fitted in the Laura. I specifically asked about warranty void situation, and he mentioned that itís not a problem with genuine fitments, and work carried out by ASC folks.

Infact he went on to say that the Laura Ambition is one of the most mod-friendly car in their line-up
VB-San, do allow me to clarify myself here: there isn't any doubting the mod-friendliness of the Laura. Just that different ASC folks interpret and react to this customization capability differently. Some will be game such as the chap you spoke to; others will have no part of it. Most likely owing to the following:

1. Liability in case of failure
2. A general lack of understanding/experience of having attempted something like this before

Trust me buddy, we are all on the same page on this!
Omtoatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2013, 15:26   #163
BHPian
 
vinj14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 302
Thanked: 244 Times
Default

Planning to upgrade to the Columbus. Internal hd, rear view cam option, DVD player... Seems worth it.
Anyways. This means my bolero is for sale.
If anyone is interested pm me for the price.

Also have an oem Vw Skoda 9w7 Bluetooth kit (full kit) which work beatifully with bolero. Again, if anyone is interested pm me.

Will put these up in the classifieds section soon

Last edited by vinj14 : 7th July 2013 at 15:49.
vinj14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2013, 16:51   #164
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: India
Posts: 337
Thanked: 73 Times
Default re: Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
Planning to upgrade to the Columbus. Internal hd, rear view cam option, DVD player... Seems worth it.
Anyways. This means my bolero is for sale.
If anyone is interested pm me for the price.

Also have an oem Vw Skoda 9w7 Bluetooth kit (full kit) which work beatifully with bolero. Again, if anyone is interested pm me.

Will put these up in the classifieds section soon
please check your inbox.
torque18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2013, 18:22   #165
BHPian
 
baskar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 73
Thanked: 30 Times
Default re: Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!

Vinj14 - Thanks for taking your time to share your experiences and the effort that you have put in to convert your Laura to a nearly L&K version. I am also seriously considering Laura Elegance. However Gurudev Motors informed me that Laura is coming only in Ambiente or L&K trims. Elegance has been discontinued. But Ambiente trim comes with 6 CD Bolero music player, Bluetooth, Audio controls on steering wheel, power driver seats with 3 memory. Is this a good buy in your opinion?
thanks again for your detailed and very useful information.
baskar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Laura Elegance 1.9 TDI A/T EDIT : Customising with a VAG-COM Akki_5 Long-Term Ownership Reviews 161 12th November 2014 00:42
Facelifted Octy, Cheaper Laura EDIT : Laura Elegance ajmat The Indian Car Scene 139 27th August 2007 10:47


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:59.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks