Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2011, 22:26   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
mdsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,624
Thanked: 446 Times
Default

Althaf bhai. Gosh thats one horrible service experience. Even though my service experience was poor at the first service centre it was never that bad. As VB rightly suggested shift to the other service centre. I did the same here in Pune. And have been extremely happy since.
Wish you luck. And hope your second service experience wherever it is turns out to be a great one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99
My friend is planning to buy a honda city. He got a quote of 10.5L for V AT Exclusive with leather seats after discounts in Navi Mumbai. How is the deal?
Should he negotiate further?
We bought the V AT leather edition.
It cost us 11.20 OTR Pune.
This is pre reduction price.
Your friend should get.
Reduction price. But including 4 year warranty and RSA. Less 70K minimum.
You can even push for 85K.
Try and opt for more cash. Settling for free accessories only when necessary
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2011, 22:49   #47
BHPian
 
althaaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: thrissur, gorakhpur & nepal
Posts: 137
Thanked: 59 Times
Smile Re: Petrol prices increasing! Still, I chose the Honda City 1.5 V AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Your service account started off quite well, with the interaction with the sales exec., but the service part was quite shocking. Maybe call the friendly sales exec. and let him know of the service disappointment. And probably it will be a good idea to check Peninsular Honda for the next service.
I too thought of the same, but i think that is not the right way. if honda is not aware of such a service problem in one of its dealership, they should correct it. Atleast it will be helpful to other customers too. Obviously i will shift the service center next time, but i want a proper responsible action from honda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
My friend is planning to buy a honda city. He got a quote of 10.5L for V AT Exclusive with leather seats after discounts in Navi Mumbai. How is the deal?
Should he negotiate further?
mdsaab is the best person to answer your question. He has an V AT exclusive model. The pricing in kerala will be entirely different from mumbai. Still if you want more help, i can try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Althaf bhai. Gosh thats one horrible service experience. Even though my service experience was poor at the first service centre it was never that bad. As VB rightly suggested shift to the other service centre. I did the same here in Pune. And have been extremely happy since.
Wish you luck. And hope your second service experience wherever it is turns out to be a great one.

We bought the V AT leather edition.
It cost us 11.20 OTR Pune.
This is pre reduction price.
Your friend should get.
Reduction price. But including 4 year warranty and RSA. Less 70K minimum.
You can even push for 85K.
Try and opt for more cash. Settling for free accessories only when necessary
Yea new dealership is opening near my house shortly. Hope they will atleast in the starting, will keep the quality of services good. But i need a proper response from honda.


Thanks for answering djay99's question.


Charthom had once asked about service quality in cosmic honda. Hope he is satisfied with my experience !!
althaaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 09:15   #48
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,690
Thanked: 3,861 Times
Default Re: Petrol prices increasing! Still, I chose the Honda City 1.5 V AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by althaaf View Post
I too thought of the same, but i think that is not the right way. if honda is not aware of such a service problem in one of its dealership, they should correct it. Atleast it will be helpful to other customers too. Obviously i will shift the service center next time, but i want a proper responsible action from honda.
Oh yes, you should definitely drop a note to Honda on the shoddy ASC.

Now that Vision Honda is starting in Thrissur, hope you donít have to deal with the Cosmic service again. By the way, I remember reading that Cosmic Honda has plans to close shop in Cochin. Being present locally, Charthom may able to find more details.
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 12:20   #49
BHPian
 
althaaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: thrissur, gorakhpur & nepal
Posts: 137
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: Petrol prices increasing! Still, I chose the Honda City 1.5 V AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Oh yes, you should definitely drop a note to Honda on the shoddy ASC.

Now that Vision Honda is starting in Thrissur, hope you donít have to deal with the Cosmic service again. By the way, I remember reading that Cosmic Honda has plans to close shop in Cochin. Being present locally, Charthom may able to find more details.
I heard it the other way !! that peninsular honda is closing down. I was told that peninsular honda even reduced its total executives number and has reduced stocking more cars now. I felt this right because there was lack of ready stock V AT , V MT(white) etc and the executive i knew earlier has left but his phone is not alloted to new exec, which means the vacancy is not filled. May be these are just coincidences ! Lets give the duty of finding more info to charthom !!
althaaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 20:57   #50
BHPian
 
charthom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 652
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: Petrol prices increasing! Still, I chose the Honda City 1.5 V AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by althaaf View Post
Charthom had once asked about service quality in cosmic honda. Hope he is satisfied with my experience !!
Altaaf,shocked at your experience. This totally unacceptable. Please immediately take action and bring this to the notice of Honda-hold them resonsible. Hope Vision Honda will be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
By the way, I remember reading that Cosmic Honda has plans to close shop in Cochin. Being present locally, Charthom may able to find more details.
I had mentioned this to Altaaf in a PM. Since this may be only a gossip, I found it improper then to discuss this in the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by althaaf View Post
I heard it the other way !! that peninsular honda is closing down. I was told that peninsular honda even reduced its total executives number and has reduced stocking more cars now. I felt this right because there was lack of ready stock V AT , V MT(white) etc and the executive i knew earlier has left but his phone is not alloted to new exec, which means the vacancy is not filled. May be these are just coincidences ! Lets give the duty of finding more info to charthom !!
I had noticed that Peninsular Honda had not kept CR-V on display. The reason given-"Sir no one buys any more,petrol SUV". But this does not mean closure. Also I noticed that Cosmic Honda is aggressive about the sales-giving more freebies etc-where as Peninsular Honda is a bit tight-fisted. But they are more established,have better reputation-hence may act a bit sure footed right?

I will try to find some information and post my findings in due course.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 00:18   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
mdsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,624
Thanked: 446 Times
Default Re: Petrol prices increasing! Still, I chose the Honda City 1.5 V AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
I had noticed that Peninsular Honda had not kept CR-V on display. The reason given-"Sir no one buys any more,petrol SUV". But this does not mean closure. Also I noticed that Cosmic Honda is aggressive about the sales-giving more freebies etc-where as Peninsular Honda is a bit tight-fisted. But they are more established,have better reputation-hence may act a bit sure footed right?
The CRV is a rare sight at Honda showrooms since quite a while now.
Infact the dealership we frequent does not even have a test vehicle anymore.
I think they may borrow one from somewhere if a serious customer inquires about one, which itself is rare.
Also yes the more established dealer was able to give us a better deal on our recent purchase too.
So i guess that would apply elsewhere too.
Although it's very tough to say for sure.
As the newer dealer may want to establish themselves much more quick;y in the local market and hence may offer a better deal to their potential customers.
One thing is the amount of maximum cash discount allowed is fixed by Honda and the dealers are somewhat binded to it. A few adjustments here and there are always possible for special customers.
What they are not binded on is the accessories. So a particular dealer may offer you a lot more free accessories than the other.
This ofcourse is then adjusted internally between different deals so in the records it does not show that the dealer has gone beyond the permissible free accessory limit set by Honda.
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai increasing car prices car-dent The Indian Car Scene 5 18th January 2013 12:19
I chose to Cruze, with a white Cruze LTZ ajay mathew Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 21 16th June 2010 15:13
Hyundai Santro - Are the prices reducing or increasing? Proxima The Indian Car Scene 11 23rd February 2009 23:55
Need advice on which set to chose MaxX In-Car Entertainment 9 2nd October 2007 21:47
Why MG Rover chose Indica ?? v12 The International Automotive Scene 7 25th May 2004 14:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:55.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks