Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2011, 09:09   #16
BHPian

Re: Style, performance, Comfort: In love with My new Honda city VMT(ANHC)

Congratulations Mate! Great choice of color.
Enjoyed reading your pre-buying experience. It was like a climax movie
You mentioned that you changed OE alloys into 15*6.5 SSW Ruzz alloys for 15 k. Did you exchange them & paid 15K?

Did you get 1L cash discount or anything more?

I have made booking for same color with Linkway Honda (Next to D-Mart), however asked them to wait till Jazz is launched before confirming the order. What to check what new is offered in the Jazz.

Don't worry about the FE now, as some the other happy owners said, it will gradually increase as you complete your run-in.

Just Enjoy your drive & be satisfied that you made a good choice.
Cheers
Old 7th August 2011, 23:21   #17
BHPian

Thanks man.
I got 1 lac discount and just that ;(

Alloys were foe 15 k .
Old 8th August 2011, 09:00   #18

Can see the pics this time.

Your dream car is looking fantastic in red, great choice of colour. Never imagined that ANHC will look so stunning in red. liked second picture much.

and good to hear that your GF has changed her mind after this decision

Good luck for your marriage man.
Old 8th August 2011, 10:39   #19
BHPian

Congrats Manspeedo. Very good car,very well chosen and a very well written ownership account and report. Yours is the first car to appear with the Sun visors to my knowledge!!

Enjoy your ride and drive safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maanspeedo View Post
Its a very very long story ....
But not boring at all-but is quite interesting.

Quote:
I had 3 big accidents in 3 months , lost close to 3.5 lac on it and finally sold it off in April...
Must have been scary-hope nothing really weird happened.

Quote:
3. i10 : very nice car, but where do I fit in my legs ??
Correct point. Especially for the front passenger.

Quote:
Ritz : what a ride quality
Really- I thought the back seat ride is quite harsh on Ritz.

Quote:
3. Etios : nice, cheap , light Toyota , no sound proofing, cheap interiors and powerless.
I found the power was adequate and drive, really good-yes sound proofing,bad!!

Quote:
8. stock Goodyear 175/65/15 tyres changed to Yokohama ES100 195/60/15 ( got 22000 for the stock ones ) : 4.5 K each
I can see your Yokos are 195/60/15. I think you had posted 65 on mdsaab's thread- I had put aquery about that. Now it is clear.Did you find Michelins inadequate?

Quote:
I must say that Although I went around the world looking for a car which will give me classy looking interiors, good power, leg space, class, style, road presence and brand name in good budget ....the complete package was actully tucked somewhere else.
Me too-frankly the ANHC was the last car I TDed-but advantage-by then I knew how good or bad all competitors were.

Quote:
ANHC is the best choice under 10 lac for a sedan right now if the requirements are the ones which I have listed , Its mileage may hurt diesel lovers and thats the only sore point else all is great
In complete agreement.

Quote:
so did I get a lemon ?????
Hope not or there is a pair-I am getting similar figures too.Waiting for the magical figures of bluevolt and more ideally mdsaab (mine is AT too)

Quote:
Overall Build quality and finish : super , not as strong as Germans but superb styling and not as dull as Germans ..So its a bargain I guess.
Stylish-but I won't call overall build quality super.

Quote:
Worried about suspension warranty getting void due to new shoes for the beauty ( what does supension warranty cover ? has anyone had issues with suspension)
Same told to me by the Honda A.S.S.too. No one has reported any problems so far. many people have done modification similar to yours.. May consult FireBug

Quote:
Did lot of post buy research on alloys and tyres ,and ES100 seem to get noisy after few thousand kilometers ,so now doubting my decision , mileage drop and such concerns and I keep thinking of going back to stock alloys and wheels..I think i am going car crazy !!! Any help on these topics would be great
Take it easy for the time being-the alloys look great,BTW.

Quote:
Will be back after 1000 Kilometers ....
No way-we want you on daily basis!!

Last edited by charthom : 8th August 2011 at 10:50.
Old 8th August 2011, 12:38   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Congrats Manspeedo. Very good car,very well chosen and a very well written ownership account and report. Yours is the first car to appear with the Sun visors to my knowledge!!

Enjoy your ride and drive safe.

But not boring at all-but is quite interesting.

Must have been scary-hope nothing really weird happened.

Correct point. Especially for the front passenger.

Really- I thought the back seat ride is quite harsh on Ritz.

I found the power was adequate and drive, really good-yes sound proofing,bad!!

I can see your Yokos are 195/60/15. I think you had posted 65 on mdsaab's thread- I had put aquery about that. Now it is clear.Did you find Michelins inadequate?

Me too-frankly the ANHC was the last car I TDed-but advantage-by then I knew how good or bad all competitors were.

In complete agreement.

Hope not or there is a pair-I am getting similar figures too.Waiting for the magical figures of bluevolt and more ideally mdsaab (mine is AT too)

Stylish-but I won't call overall build quality super.

Same told to me by the Honda A.S.S.too. No one has reported any problems so far. many people have done modification similar to yours.. May consult FireBug

Take it easy for the time being-the alloys look great,BTW.

No way-we want you on daily basis!!
Thanks a lot Sir,
Michelins are great , I was just worried bout super soft walls and the Mumbai roads are no where close to the roads where Michelins are tested abroad.
Driving on Mumbai roads, I sometimes feel like an astronaut , driving on the surface of moon
Old 8th August 2011, 19:25   #21
BHPian

Update :

In a decision which shall please many of the seniors here and especially remingtonsteele , I changed my tyres from ES100 to Michelin primacy LC of same size today.
Reasons ? , always wanted them but then went for ES 100 considering that my drive is through potholed mumbai roads most of the time and michelins are soft as Sai by many.
But , the thought of not having the beat kept on lingering in my mind for last 400 kilometers , so after 460 kilometers and super stable ride at the cost of mileage and steering comfort , I could not live with that lingering thought anymore.
Thanks to Vicky of Bombay motors , Santacruz in mumbai who took es 100 back with minimal price cut and exchanged to michelins.
Let's see how they fare now. Someone here once said , I am crazy .. I think I am
Old 8th August 2011, 19:54   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maanspeedo
Someone here once said , I am crazy .. I think I am
There is no price for peace. Just enjoy the car and have fun.
Mdsaab, you have corrupted all ANHC owners with your fuel consumption figures
Old 8th August 2011, 19:58   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I changed my tyres from ES100 to Michelin primacy LC of same size today.
I guess for same size (195s). Any difference between Yokohama & Michelin?
Old 8th August 2011, 21:11   #24
BHPian

Congratulations Maanspeedo! You have purchased a beauty!! Red looks stunning. As for the FE figures, I am sure they will improve as my friend also got these low figures when the car was new and after a few months they went up drastically.
Enjoy your new ride and drive safe!
BTW: I love your alloys
Old 8th August 2011, 21:18   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Update :

In a decision which shall please many of the seniors here and especially remingtonsteele , I changed my tyres from ES100 to Michelin primacy LC of same size today.
Just one suggestion, maintain the right pressure during your drives.
Let us know your experience with Michellins & Not to forget "If you want efficiency then be light footed"
Old 8th August 2011, 21:29   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Driving on Mumbai roads, I sometimes feel like an astronaut , driving on the surface of moon
Well,I am another astronaut,driving on stock MRFs,on another part of moon's surface-down here in Cochin.Hence suggested FireBug who has Michelin Primary LCs.

Quote:
Let's see how they fare now.
Well,you have already done it. Now-let us get the comparo and see the results. Please do post the findings.

Cheers and best of luck.

Last edited by charthom : 8th August 2011 at 21:30.
Old 8th August 2011, 21:40   #27
BHPian

Although bit late, congratulations!

Waiting for the feedback of your experience with Michelins tyres!
Old 9th August 2011, 15:03   #28

Quote:
  • Did lot of post buy research on alloys and tyres ,and ES100 seem to get noisy after few thousand kilometers ,so now doubting my decision , mileage drop and such concerns and I keep thinking of going back to stock alloys and wheels..I think i am going car crazy !!! Any help on these topics would be great
After reading your review I got stuck at this point. I knew that you will change your decision again but never expected that you will do it with in days!!

Now what should we say about you?

Enjoy your beauty with new soft shoes. Keep us updated.
Old 10th August 2011, 14:01   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
There is no price for peace. Just enjoy the car and have fun.
Mdsaab, you have corrupted all ANHC owners with your fuel consumption figures
Yes, he has corrupted all of us, I am not even dreaming of that kind of FE , even if I got something around 14-15 , I shall be more than happy .

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
I guess for same size (195s). Any difference between Yokohama & Michelin?
I got same size Michelins, 195/60/15 primacy LC.

Yes , lots of difference, Have driven 200 kilometers since then and My initial impressions are :
  • Yoko's were more planted on the road but Michelins are super smooth,super light ,feels as if I am gliding through the road, did not have such light feeling with yoko's ,I could actually feel the tyre weight on the road with yoko's.
  • FE : everyone around here said, wait for few months on that front and I shall wait for sure, but my MID has suddenly started showing avg of 9.5 instead of 6.5 to7.6 with Yoko's, this is super surprising and like an instant diagnostic test .
  • steering response: lighter ,easier to manouver , I was finding yoko's very heavy to steer . Drove at 120 , at this speed yoko's felt better than michelins but then how often you drive at that speed ?, I guess thats the difference betwen performance oriented tyres like yoko ES100 and Comfortable Michelins.I have no regrets .
  • wet/dry braking: almost similar, have not noticed any difference.
  • Ride quality : LC in primacy LC stands for Luxury and comfort and so yes that is surely better than es100, low rolling resistance, softer rubber, many such reasons as per Michelin brochure
I am happy that I did that exchange , lost some money , in fact could have bought another tyre in that amount which I lost, but then my restless soul finally rests in peace of driver's seat now .Thanks Remingtonsteele, for rubbing me and poking me to check my options little more

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77 View Post
Congratulations Maanspeedo! You have purchased a beauty!! Red looks stunning. As for the FE figures, I am sure they will improve as my friend also got these low figures when the car was new and after a few months they went up drastically.
Enjoy your new ride and drive safe!
BTW: I love your alloys
Thanks man,yes I am sure FE will improve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Well,I am another astronaut,driving on stock MRFs,on another part of moon's surface-down here in Cochin.Hence suggested FireBug who has Michelin Primary LCs.

Well,you have already done it. Now-let us get the comparo and see the results. Please do post the findings.

Cheers and best of luck.
Firebug, you, Remingtonsteele, NikhilB, all of you have helped me to take the right decision.Thanks guys, I am happy I joined team-BHP and I am so much in love that My car is already sporting Team-BHP sticker , see the back number plate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
Although bit late, congratulations!

Waiting for the feedback of your experience with Michelins tyres!
Thanks , it is never too late for congratulations and wishes , see the comparo above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.nox View Post
After reading your review I got stuck at this point. I knew that you will change your decision again but never expected that you will do it with in days!!

Now what should we say about you?

Enjoy your beauty with new soft shoes. Keep us updated.
ha ha ha , Restless crazy men never wait for long !..

And yeah, you guessed my thought process almost to the point ,thats super .cheers
Maanspeedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2011, 14:15   #30
BHPian

TheBeastFieast has honda iVtec AT with 195 60 R 15 primacy LC tyres and i have heard from him about 14 to 15 km / L efficiency . Mdsaab claim of average is right , just let the engine run in and open up after some Kms . I will contact him to post details of efficiency . Btw you will not loose warranty on suspension as you have got same dimension of alloys and also tyres with same profile with just wider patch . .

Most Viewed