Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2011, 15:44   #1
BHPian
 
Maanspeedo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 58
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Style, performance, Comfort: In love with My new Honda city VMT(ANHC)

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Thanks

Its a very very long story ....

Till one fateful day in December 2010, I was happily driving Mahindra Logan 1.6 petrol GLX, I was in love with the drive, high speed stability , space and comfort . No Goodies but it took me from Mumbai-Jaipur in flat 18 hours non-stop and I was head over heels in love with it for the same.

Then I got some money , girlfriend , brother, friends, boss everyone started telling me why not change from a taxi lok-alike to a bigger car now. I got influenced , started the search for a SUV (long cherished dream ) , did not like any , settled for SX4 and sold off my black beauty ( only 2 year old) .

Then closest friend ( certified used car lover ) influenced GF and brother who influenced me to check out some high end Used vehicles instead of spending close to 10 L for a maruti !!

Ended up buying a used 2006 civic manual in superb condition...and I thought I am all set for next 2 years ( minimum time for me to have the usual itch to change the car)....I think it was the worst decision of my life !

They say cars come with their own fortune and my Honda civic came with its own , and bad one!, it drove super, fantastic engine and comfort but some bad omen or whatever, I had 3 big accidents in 3 months , lost close to 3.5 lac on it and finally sold it off in April...

Now the search started :

Now I wanted a brand new car , as cool and powerful as civic and as strong and stable as logan with spacious comfort of both ..

I started with SUVs as it was always a dream to smash the Mumbai traffic under the SUV height and cruise like a king on the frustrating Mumbai roads .

Here is the step by step search report of mine :

Phase A : SUV

1.Mahindra scorpio : Always have liked the " jeep " look of it, test drove top version, 3 times, I hated the vibrating gear Knob , wobble, cramped interiors and price for the top end was too high for this kind of comfort (rejected)

2.Tata safari : loved the size, space, stance. hated the gear shift, turning radius,inetrior quality and position for music system ( rejected but kept aside for rethinking )

3.Ford endeavour : Out of budget but still have always admired its looks , so went for a TD and then again and then again . loved the size, road presence , styling and power. hated the suspension , bumpy ride, rear seat comfort is super sad, turning at corners very bad( not worth the price, dream SUV is no more the dream SUV)

4. Toyota fortuner : love the looks , knew about ridiculous waiting periods still went for a TD as showroom is in front of office : Innova with a sexy body , bigger engine , poor breaks and cramped rear seat with corrupt showroom people selling with 2.5 lac premium ( rejected )

5. Innova : super car, taxi...no

6. Captiva : I loved the car , not sure about speding 25 lac for a GM product in India

7.Yeti : loved the drive , interiors are beautiful , seats and leg space cramped for me ( I am 6 feet 2 inches and broad Punjabi ) , I loved yeti handling too...but space was a big issue for me ( rejected with heavy heart)

8. BMW X1: what to say .....Not affordable

Phase B : Hatchback
Happened to befriend an ex-employee of autocar , super chap and very helpful. He mentioned about lots of new SUV coming in India in next 12 months , new safari, kornado, duster, mahindra W201 etc. and then I decided to go for a small car for the time being and buy SUV next year and give small car to wife ( planning marriage early next year

1. Beat : cute little gem ( I am a giant for this one )

2. Santro : loved it , but from civic to santro ...nah

3. i10 : very nice car, but where do I fit in my legs ??

4. i20 : hmmmm, now thats a very good car but why does it bounce at above 80km/h, and why the steering feels so light and why such low seats and why those little tyres

5. Figo : wow....lovely car, little low in seating . space is less but I can manage by taking the seat to complete back , they even gave options to change the interior colours, loved the ford drive, less power than many other cars but still runs smooth , no wonder it has revived ford India's fortune ( considered)

6. Polo : I loved the looks , engine , colour (red) , delivery time, deals everything ..but where is the leg space ...why VW why , even veno has the same issue for me ( more on that later )

7. Ritz : GF hated it, bro , dad, sister too ..I went and took a test drive of petrol , then diesel and then again and then again with them... I loved the unconventional back , what a ride quality 1300 CC engine, peppy car, tall boy , ample leg space , super . I booked a white ritz vdi in 2 days ( delivery to take 2-3 weeks)

7. Did not consider : swift ( too common,I do not like the leg space infront) , other maruti hatches, Micra ( too feminine for my taste ) , fabia ( did not want skoda , only yeti or laura if skoda ) , punto ( fiat , did not want fiat ) , indica ( did not want tata ).

Phase C : Sedan

Now when the wait for Ritz VDI was on , my mind was calculating, heart was getting tempted and eyes were scanning the road .

I was never a small car guy , I drove a zen and 800 because they belonged to other people , I wanted some road presence , I was not ready to behave maturely and settle for value for money cars , cars for me were not just utility , cars are statement for me ,they decide how I feel about myself and my growth in Life ...God, too many thoughts in my mind .

I decided to scan the market for sedans now, under 15 lac , preferably diesel, super cool and peppy ones .

1. SX4 : I missed this one in Dec 2010,TDed 3 times ,have loved its tall stance and high seating for always, besides that maruti convenience and peace of mind and good diesel engine. did not like the interiors , swollen fat lady shape , engine noise in diesel and turbo lag at city speeds( considered)

2. vento : darling of all my friends and people on the road.. what a car , nice looks , practical interiors , good engine , I loved the colour red, missed the goodies ,hated no AUX option, and then biggest issue ..my left leg kept hitting the center gear console, in all seat adjustments ,in all versions. My long legs decided to tell my mind that man, you can forget driving long distance with this one .Besides that there was a waiting of 5 months for diesel . Ridiculous , who waits for that long man.

3. Etios : nice, cheap , light Toyota , no sound proofing, cheap interiors and powerless.

4. Chevrolet cruz : wow.....superb diesel engine, power ,interiors , looks but then where do I fit in my legs .( By this time I was too frustrated , wanted to buy a truck for my legs )

5.ANHV : and then the new verna happened , I went to the showroom and loved the fluidic , wanted to write cheque then and there ,but better sense prevailed and waited for the TD , I went for TD with the cheque in name of Hyundai dealer ..

I loved the car , what a beauty , what functionalities, what interiors, what a powerful diesel engine and then.. drove above 80 and was scared to take corners, very light steering , no response, No I must be dreaming , I really wanted that car , test drove two more times. everytime I kept loosing confidence in the driving dynamics of the car. Certainly a great city car but not for spirited and crazy guys like me , not at all. GF hated me by now..threatened to dump me if I did not finalise a car in a month's time.

6. Skoda Laura TDI ambiente automatic : When I took the TD , I was almost certain I wanted this car . everything was perfect for me . looks, power, diesel engine, space, style, automatic , everything.

I again wrote a cheque , went to office and then whole day I kept thinking ,Do I want to pay close to 17.5 for a skoda which is not even a SUV . am I getting too excited for a car when my search actually started with SUV . and thus the Laura got dropped ( I still miss her )

7. went back to safari , took a TD , convinced myself for base model ( 9 lac, cool ) , came home , browsed Team-BHP and internet . New safari coming, make friends with mechanic if you drive safari , lots of many such reports ( could not muster courage to risk 9 lacs )

8. NFS ( All new fiesta ) : Had been visiting Ford showroom at Malad for fiesta and figo , one day some senior ford guy came for a meeting in a new kinetic blue NFS titanium model, sales guy was a friend , he called me at 11 in the night .I went to showroom at 7 in Morning , saw the car in flesh , loved the looks and interiors and wow , it had an amazing driver's seat with lot of leg space ( by this time , my primary concern ).

I did not wait for a TD , he said he will deliver one by end of July so I booked one , Paid 51000 and cancelled Ritz , what a relief finally
Did not TD , as my primary need was space, stability ( ford car) , diesel and then my friend from autocar and Rehaan at Team-BHP had given such amazing reviews. Just booked it !

9. ANHC : forgotten somewhere in all this , I kept thinking, man you have not TDed Honda city , called up honda dealer , he came with the car ..
and Yo, this was such a nice car, power, pick up , beige interiors ( my favorite ) and nice looks . But then It did not have accessories of fluidic, gazettes of fiesta, power of laura and a diesel engine ( sorry Honda )

10 . Did not consider : fiesta classic ( I dont like the shape and sad interiors) , optra( lovely car , but I find it too much uncle types ) , Corolla ( not my style , corporta middle aged executives travel in those ), Civic ( not again ,scares me thinking about past ) , linea ( fiat !!) , Manza ( tata , besides that I did not want a 1 BHK ) , swift desire ( wannabe sedan ,I will buy ritz instead of that )

So Ford fiesta was my final choice , this was first week of July and I went off to Ladakh for a trekking trip.

Phase D : Final decision

1. Delay in fiesta : I came back to find Fiesta was launched , highly priced ( close to 12 lacs) , not available for TD , delivery postponed to mid-end August , issues with blue colour production ( one which I had booked )I was furious, frustrated and sad.

2. Religious belief : father called upto tell that there is no good date to buy a car after 22nd July till September end, and being burnt by buying civic against his choice , I started wondering what I can Buy before 22nd. I was already at 17th.

3. price cut in Jazz : came to know about Honda Jazz price cut of 1.75 lac, called up Honda showroom and realised that stocks were cleared off within 4 days of announcement .dealer sugegsted there is close to 1 lac discount of Honda city , why not go for it .

4. Honda city research : night of 17th , spent on team-BHP on threads of ANHC , read reviews, read new ownership reports ,called up my friend Rajesh from his DSA if he can arrange a loan in 1 day , delivery of car in 3 days with registration and I wanted only HABANERO RED colour.

5. 18th-22nd : Rajesh used all his power and pull, booked a VMT model , Red colour , got temporary registration after loan disbursal from HDFC ( super fast in one day ) , and we actually went upto the Honda stockyard in Panvel to pick up the car with temporary number on 22nd :

that's how the beuaty came home . As I got it from the stockyard , so no showroom people, no fancy ribbons at the showroom and God idols and usual things. Just did the PDI , saw the car getting washed and ready for deivery ,took it to a temple, did small pooja and got it home ...On the day and date as per father's suggestion and my satisfaction.

Phase E : Modifications :

Next day was a Saturday and a holiday for me and as I did not have proper registration number , I was unable to drive it too far from home.

Took the beauty to Milan subway at santacruz, had already done all the pre research in the last 5 days since delivery so all my orders were ready :

1. Art leather original Honda beige seat covers, door panels, center arm rest : 4.5.k
2. 3M front film : 5.5 k
3. Body guard window films ( all RTO approved shades only ): 2 k
4. Parking sensors without camera , sensors painted in habnero red on order : 3.5 k
5. Door Visors , original Honda city : 1.2 k
6. Beige colour full car rubber mats : free
7. OE alloys changed into 15*6.5 SSW Ruzz alloys : 15 k
8. stock Goodyear 175/65/15 tyres changed to Yokohama ES100 195/60/15 ( got 22000 for the stock ones ) : 4.5 K each

And the beauty was ready to rule the city roads from Monday ,when I got the new permanent Number .

Have driven since then for almost 500 Kilometers and I must say that Although I went around the world looking for a car which will give me classy looking interiors, good power, leg space, class, style, road presence and brand name in good budget ....the complete package was actully tucked somewhere else.

ANHC is the best choice under 10 lac for a sedan right now if the requirements are the ones which I have listed , Its mileage may hurt diesel lovers and thats the only sore point else all is great ,I am not missing goodies of verna but missing unstable ride and light steering of verna, I am not missing gazettes of fiesta but missing sore grey/black interiors and long waiting of fiesta , I am not missing all goodies of laura but happy to have saved close to 8 lacs and finally I am not missing road presence of safari but missing cheap quality of it interiors and BIG turning radius of safari !!!

Deatails of ownership :

On-road price : 9.41 Lac/ Thane

Variant : VMT Habanero red

Kilometers driven by now : 560

My usage pattern:
  • 25 Kilometers up and down to office everyday in super dense Mumbai traffic with bad roads and hundreds of potholes
  • Night drive : 80 Km total from home to Marine drive and back at night twice a week
  • On the Higway and expressway : 300 Km /weekend
Good :
  • Styling : Just prefect for my taste and I love the colour
  • Comfort : Remember leg space , i am super happy with it and classy interiors
  • Handling : very very good , much betetr than verna fluidic , have not tested on highways though
Bad :
  • AC knob, why such cheap looking knob
  • No Automatic climate control
  • Poor headlights
  • NVH : not so great , NFS has the best in thsi segment and I miss laura too .I can feel all the potholes and can hear everything outside the cabin .
  • Mild humming sound of the AC blower allthe time, hoping to get it sorted in first service
Ugly :
  • Mileage : I got 9.4 on first tank , after the tyre modification it became 8.6 ( understood) , Now on the third tank , it is around 7.2
  • I am seriously hoping these things are sorted in first service , or I am going to tear my head on tyre modifications. some AHNC owners here (mdsaab ) are going beyond 18 on normal city drives, I started with 9.4 only ..so did I get a lemon ?????
Overall Build quality and finish : super , not as strong as Germans but superb styling and not as dull as Germans ..So its a bargain I guess.


Gearshift : smooth, though I did not find it as smooth as vento, hard in 1st gear

Suspension & ride quality : As I mentioned before, its pretty good but I am not too satisfied with pothole handling , even with wider tyres.

Comments on the steering, braking : Very good steering response, much much better than fluidic , I guess it has become better with wider tyres , braking is the best .

music system : OEM system is pretty good, I miss CD player sometimes though , why omit it HONDA,it wont cost much.

Storage space : Enough cubby holes for my liking.

My concerns :
  • Worried about suspension warranty getting void due to new shoes for the beauty ( what does supension warranty cover ? has anyone had issues with suspension)
  • Did lot of post buy research on alloys and tyres ,and ES100 seem to get noisy after few thousand kilometers ,so now doubting my decision , mileage drop and such concerns and I keep thinking of going back to stock alloys and wheels..I think i am going car crazy !!! Any help on these topics would be great
  • AC blower noise and Mileage : Cant wait to complete 1000 km and see How Honda plans to help me with those.
All in all , I am happy that after that extensive search from santro to fortuner, I settled for city .It is still the best option in sedans and I am happy to have made the decisionj.

Will be back after 1000 Kilometers ....

Pictures

At the stockyard
As the beauty stands today

]Door panels after art leather fittingsSeat covers and center arm rest covers Yokohama ES100 195/60/15
Parking sensors in the car colourDoor Door visors

Last edited by GTO : 10th August 2011 at 17:55. Reason: Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Thanks
Maanspeedo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 20:01   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
bluevolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,963
Thanked: 2,211 Times
Default Re: Style, performance, Comfort: In love with My new Honda city VMT(ANHC)

Hi Manspeedo,

Let me be the first to congratulate you for your Honda City.

I too own the same car and enjoying her for last 8 months.

The pictures are not visible so please upload them again.

Wishing you happy and safe driving.

PS - And yes it's raining Cities on Team-BHP.
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 20:12   #3
Distinguished - BHPian
 
libranof1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 3,742
Thanked: 2,872 Times
Default Re: Style, performance, Comfort: In love with My new Honda city VMT(ANHC)

Dude, that is one helluva buying process man!

You haven't left out any segment (save for luxury) and any car. NICE!

In conclusion, congratulations on the City!

1) A/c knob is cheap - gotta live with it. VMT has still a better one compared to SMT and EMT.
2) ACC - wishful thinking
3) Headlights - yes, they are underpowered for highway driving; get them upgraded.

About the tyres and suspension, have a word with your SA about whether the tyre profile is fine and if it voids warranty.

Don't know why there is A/c blower noise though; haven't experienced it. Not with you on the hard 1st gear either - have it checked.

About mileage it - don't be critical of the ANHC yet pal! Gradually, you'll see mileage figures go 15+ upwards!

I got 18kmpl on a highway trip (Delhi-Amritsar), mdsaab managed 17 on an AT; so just be patient. After the 1st free service, things will improve.

So, for starters, enjoy your ride!
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 21:48   #4
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RavenAvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Flying Around
Posts: 5,373
Thanked: 28,343 Times
Default Re: Style, performance, Comfort: In love with My new Honda city VMT(ANHC)

Congratulations, maanspeedo!

What a fantastic detailed post. Thanks for describing in detail the whole testing and elimination process from start to finish. Reminds me of the times I am going through right now, as I am finalising a car for myself.

And you made the best choice in the end. The City is a stunner, has plenty of space inside, a nice large boot, comes loaded with features and has immense road presence. It handles well in the city, and exceptionally well on the highways. Easily one of the best (if not THE best) petrol sedans available in the country today.

And that wonderful color - Habanero Red. It will surely make heads turn whenever you zoom past them. Should make your chest puff out in sheer pride.

Don't worry about FE in the beginning. It is bound to improve as you drive it more till the first/second services are done. Just remember, a light foot on the accelerator helps immensely in making the FE figures jump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maanspeedo View Post
15*6.5 SSW Ruzz alloys
Want to see a pic of those alloys. Sounds like they should compliment the red City quite nicely.

Wishing you many years of happy mile-crunching. Keep revving, mate!

Last edited by mobike008 : 5th August 2011 at 22:19. Reason: DO NOT quote large text, pictures or videos.....
RavenAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 21:51   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
oxyzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Not fixed.
Posts: 1,026
Thanked: 265 Times
Default Re: Style, performance, Comfort: In love with My new Honda city VMT(ANHC)

The only 2 petrol cars in this segment worth buying is City and T-Jet. Should have at least given it a try. It is not just a Fiat. It is the Fiat. It is much more fun to drive but city is a better allrounder.

Which version of Vento did you drive Petrol or diesel? There are a lot of cars with central console that are not going to please your legs if they are long. The one on Beat and cruze is a bit more awkward. Its a Chevy thing.

How did you find Etios slow. It is a pretty decent performer. Off-course you cant compare it to City.

Now regarding FE, I would not bother for the first 1000Km. In bumper to bumper traffic even 1.2L hatches deliver 12 (with AC). What more do you expect in city. The upgrade in tyres may result in 1kmps drop, but the stock one is pretty undertyred. Upgrade is necessary.

Congratulations. Drive safe.
oxyzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 22:16   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
Sn1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,019
Thanked: 224 Times
Default Re: Style, performance, Comfort: In love with My new Honda city VMT(ANHC)

Congrats, a good choice.
Enjoy a big chunk of Civic at lesser price and better FE. ~GTO

I have a VMT (in Gurgaon) too and drive to work in peak traffic for 14km to and fro mostly in second gear; FE is 12 kmpl. If I drive to Delhi/Vrindavan/Jaipur (Highway) then the efficiency jumps to even 18 kmpl. All these are tank to tank figures. So just take it easy on the car and post first service it will improve.

You need to be aware of the drive by wire accelerator in this car thus the position of accelerator make a lot of difference. Feather touch it and it will smile back with a FE present. Your better shoes too has a role to play with better grip. I am sure your steering feel is much better than stock.

I now have covered 10k and enjoying the ripping performance of the ivtec mill. I have once ripped it and the FE fig was 6 kmpl and max I have got till date is 22 kmpl. So enjoy the dual nature of the beast.

@oxygen: Bro, he was coming from a Civic, thus it seems natural that he liked a car from Honda stable; as you mentioned it's an all-rounder. I may get flamed for saying this but here goes; T-jet is a great car but only for hardcore enthusiast. You need to be really in love with the car so that you can take the Tata A.S.S and still smile. I had horrible experience with them and thus didn't even TD the Linea.

Cheers!

Last edited by Sn1p3r : 5th August 2011 at 22:23. Reason: Some added info.
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 22:38   #7
BHPian
 
Maanspeedo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 58
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: Style, performance, Comfort: In love with My new Honda city VMT(ANHC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Hi Manspeedo,

Let me be the first to congratulate you for your Honda City.

I too own the same car and enjoying her for last 8 months.

The pictures are not visible so please upload them again.

Wishing you happy and safe driving.

PS - And yes it's raining Cities on Team-BHP.

Thanks man , pictures are visible to me even after I log out, so I dont know why You cant see the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Dude, that is one helluva buying process man!

You haven't left out any segment (save for luxury) and any car. NICE!

In conclusion, congratulations on the City!

1) A/c knob is cheap - gotta live with it. VMT has still a better one compared to SMT and EMT.
2) ACC - wishful thinking
3) Headlights - yes, they are underpowered for highway driving; get them upgraded.

About the tyres and suspension, have a word with your SA about whether the tyre profile is fine and if it voids warranty.

Don't know why there is A/c blower noise though; haven't experienced it. Not with you on the hard 1st gear either - have it checked.

About mileage it - don't be critical of the ANHC yet pal! Gradually, you'll see mileage figures go 15+ upwards!

I got 18kmpl on a highway trip (Delhi-Amritsar), mdsaab managed 17 on an AT; so just be patient. After the 1st free service, things will improve.

So, for starters, enjoy your ride!
Sure, I shall not worry about the Mileage now, almsot everyone here has sugegsted the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Congratulations, maanspeedo!

What a fantastic detailed post. Thanks for describing in detail the whole testing and elimination process from start to finish. Reminds me of the times I am going through right now, as I am finalising a car for myself.

And you made the best choice in the end. The City is a stunner, has plenty of space inside, a nice large boot, comes loaded with features and has immense road presence. It handles well in the city, and exceptionally well on the highways. Easily one of the best (if not THE best) petrol sedans available in the country today.

And that wonderful color - Habanero Red. It will surely make heads turn whenever you zoom past them. Should make your chest puff out in sheer pride.

Don't worry about FE in the beginning. It is bound to improve as you drive it more till the first/second services are done. Just remember, a light foot on the accelerator helps immensely in making the FE figures jump.



Want to see a pic of those alloys. Sounds like they should compliment the red City quite nicely.

Wishing you many years of happy mile-crunching. Keep revving, mate!
Thanks man,I hope it helps you in your own decision making process , I have already uploaded the photographs here , I am not understanding why many of you cant see them .

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
The only 2 petrol cars in this segment worth buying is City and T-Jet. Should have at least given it a try. It is not just a Fiat. It is the Fiat. It is much more fun to drive but city is a better allrounder.

Which version of Vento did you drive Petrol or diesel? There are a lot of cars with central console that are not going to please your legs if they are long. The one on Beat and cruze is a bit more awkward. Its a Chevy thing.

How did you find Etios slow. It is a pretty decent performer. Off-course you cant compare it to City.

Now regarding FE, I would not bother for the first 1000Km. In bumper to bumper traffic even 1.2L hatches deliver 12 (with AC). What more do you expect in city. The upgrade in tyres may result in 1kmps drop, but the stock one is pretty undertyred. Upgrade is necessary.

Congratulations. Drive safe.
Thanks man ,yeah I know Linea is a good car but it was not only fiat , I am also not too fond of the shape and ground clearance too.

I drove vento petrol and diesel both, more than the lag ,deal breaker for me was the leg space !

I amnotgoing to bother about mileage now as so many of teamBHPians here have suggested the same.

Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Congrats, a good choice.
Enjoy a big chunk of Civic at lesser price and better FE. ~GTO

I have a VMT (in Gurgaon) too and drive to work in peak traffic for 14km to and fro mostly in second gear; FE is 12 kmpl. If I drive to Delhi/Vrindavan/Jaipur (Highway) then the efficiency jumps to even 18 kmpl. All these are tank to tank figures. So just take it easy on the car and post first service it will improve.

You need to be aware of the drive by wire accelerator in this car thus the position of accelerator make a lot of difference. Feather touch it and it will smile back with a FE present. Your better shoes too has a role to play with better grip. I am sure your steering feel is much better than stock.

I now have covered 10k and enjoying the ripping performance of the ivtec mill. I have once ripped it and the FE fig was 6 kmpl and max I have got till date is 22 kmpl. So enjoy the dual nature of the beast.

@oxygen: Bro, he was coming from a Civic, thus it seems natural that he liked a car from Honda stable; as you mentioned it's an all-rounder. I may get flamed for saying this but here goes; T-jet is a great car but only for hardcore enthusiast. You need to be really in love with the car so that you can take the Tata A.S.S and still smile. I had horrible experience with them and thus didn't even TD the Linea.

Cheers!
Thanks bro , and yes I do agree about the bit on me coming from honda thus the bias, *** was abig issue other than quality that I rejected safari with a heavy heart so same *** of T-jet was easy to reject.
Maanspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 22:48   #8
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RavenAvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Flying Around
Posts: 5,373
Thanked: 28,343 Times
Default Re: Style, performance, Comfort: In love with My new Honda city VMT(ANHC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maanspeedo View Post
Thanks man,I hope it helps you in your own decision making process , I have already uploaded the photographs here , I am not understanding why many of you cant see them.
I can't see the pics, for sure.

Apparently when I quoted your alloys' description, the "invisible" pics from your original post carried over into my post, and mobike008 edited them out.

But for the life of me, I can't see your pics at all. Tried everything from re-quoting your first post to refreshing this page to reopening, etc.

Maybe I need glasses. :P

And thanks. Every thread detailing stuff about the City is helping me immensely right now.


EDIT - Just logged out, and logged back in. Still can't see the pics in the opening post.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 5th August 2011 at 22:55.
RavenAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 23:18   #9
BHPian
 
RemingtonSteele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 569
Thanked: 168 Times
Default Re: Style, performance, Comfort: In love with My new Honda city VMT(ANHC)

Dude, the first things first - Congratulations on owning ANHC! You have chosen best C segment Petrol car with a gem of an engine - i-VTEC!!!

The first I thought that came to my mind after reading your post is -You are a man in fast track & with impulsive decision making. (no offense meant here).

Yes, by going to after-market alloys and tyre upgrade you have void the suspension warranty. Now that you have already gone for it don't worry too much about it and enjoy the ride (I haven't heard anyone yet claiming the suspension failure of ANHC due to upgrade).

Secondly, I feel you took a very fast decision to goto Yoko's ES100 without doing your homework only to repent later. Although 195/60 is a perfect tyre upsize ; I would have still recommended you to go for Michellin Primacy of same size which have much better performance,rolling efficiency, better noise levels, better braking & grip.

Anyway, let the bygones be bygone.
Coming to mileage: mileage is purely dependent on driving style & habits plus you have a tyre upgrade so it is bound to impact adversely. Nevertheless if you are light footed & have correct gear shift ratio still you should get around 14-15 kmpl in city.

My 2 cents: I have a 13 month old ANHC VMT clocking 22k. Driving pattern min 60 KM/day 50-50 % city & highway. According to the mileage trend I have never got anything below 16.5+ kmpl for 50-50 % city-highway, 14.5-15+ for 100% city and 23.1 on expressway with driving for efficiency test (I don't have the photograph to prove it).

For better mileage efficiency if you keep the rpm in between 2000-2250 and speeds between 65-75 with light foot you can achieve the best out of ANHC. Remember Light Foot is the key to efficiency, but its very very difficult to resist when you have such a peppy engine. I suggest, wait till the run-in period and then rip the i-VTEC to free up the engine, I sure the mileage will improve gradually. But to really improve it also find the corrective action in your driving style.

Anyway, you car looks cool (which you posted on charthoms thread), just be patient and enjoy your new ride.

BTW: The pics are not visible on current thread.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 5th August 2011 at 23:38.
RemingtonSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2011, 13:14   #10
Newbie
 
g.nox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hyderabad, Ajmer
Posts: 9
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Style, performance, Comfort: In love with My new Honda city VMT(ANHC)

Congratulations Maanspeedo for finally getting your dream car!!!

the only thing I would say after reading your review is "You are crazy man!", you haven't left any car, any segment and what more cancelled your booking two times.

I hope your GF must not be threatening you to dump any-more after getting this beauty home.

I enjoyed your review thoroughly, described each stage during your buying process in a wonderful way.

Waiting for your review post 1000km. enjoy your ride

PS: even I am not able to see the pics.
g.nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2011, 17:37   #11
BHPian
 
althaaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: thrissur, gorakhpur & nepal
Posts: 137
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: Style, performance, Comfort: In love with My new Honda city VMT(ANHC)

Congrats man, you took the perfect decision finally. Its the best machine in this range and i too own one. Please upload the pics separately, they are not visible in your first post. Waiting for further updates from you.
althaaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2011, 18:01   #12
BHPian
 
Saanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 384
Thanked: 190 Times
Default Re: Style, performance, Comfort: In love with My new Honda city VMT(ANHC)

What a decision making process. I did not know buying a new car can be such a confusing process. Sorry to hear about your accidents. I hope nothing was serious. Now I am not superstitious but good that you let go of the Civic. Can you tell me which place did you buy your accessories from in Milan subway? There are many shops there and I always get confused which shop should I go to. I would like to know which shop you chose and how was your experience with them. Enjoy your car. There have been so many City threads post discount.

P.S - Even I am not able to see your pics.
Saanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2011, 21:02   #13
BHPian
 
Maanspeedo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 58
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: Style, performance, Comfort: In love with My new Honda city VMT(ANHC)

Dear All

I am sorry that you have not been able to see the pictures, so uploading them again here .

Cheers

At the stockyard

Name:  IMG_1193.JPG
Views: 4372
Size:  172.8 KB

Style, performance, Comfort: In love with My new Honda city VMT(ANHC)-img_1195.jpg

As the beauty stands today

Style, performance, Comfort: In love with My new Honda city VMT(ANHC)-img_1202.jpg

Seat covers and door panels with art leather

Name:  IMG_1203.JPG
Views: 5125
Size:  174.8 KB

Style, performance, Comfort: In love with My new Honda city VMT(ANHC)-img_1206.jpg

Style, performance, Comfort: In love with My new Honda city VMT(ANHC)-img_1208.jpg

Mighty Yokohama ES100

Style, performance, Comfort: In love with My new Honda city VMT(ANHC)-img_1215.jpg

Alloys SSW Ruzz

Style, performance, Comfort: In love with My new Honda city VMT(ANHC)-img_1217.jpg

Door visors

Style, performance, Comfort: In love with My new Honda city VMT(ANHC)-img_1224.jpg

Parking sensors in similar colour

Style, performance, Comfort: In love with My new Honda city VMT(ANHC)-img_1225.jpg
Maanspeedo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2011, 21:11   #14
BHPian
 
Maanspeedo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 58
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: Style, performance, Comfort: In love with My new Honda city VMT(ANHC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Dude, the first things first - Congratulations on owning ANHC! You have chosen best C segment Petrol car with a gem of an engine - i-VTEC!!!

The first I thought that came to my mind after reading your post is -You are a man in fast track & with impulsive decision making. (no offense meant here).

Yes, by going to after-market alloys and tyre upgrade you have void the suspension warranty. Now that you have already gone for it don't worry too much about it and enjoy the ride (I haven't heard anyone yet claiming the suspension failure of ANHC due to upgrade).

Secondly, I feel you took a very fast decision to goto Yoko's ES100 without doing your homework only to repent later. Although 195/60 is a perfect tyre upsize ; I would have still recommended you to go for Michellin Primacy of same size which have much better performance,rolling efficiency, better noise levels, better braking & grip.

Anyway, let the bygones be bygone.
Coming to mileage: mileage is purely dependent on driving style & habits plus you have a tyre upgrade so it is bound to impact adversely. Nevertheless if you are light footed & have correct gear shift ratio still you should get around 14-15 kmpl in city.

My 2 cents: I have a 13 month old ANHC VMT clocking 22k. Driving pattern min 60 KM/day 50-50 % city & highway. According to the mileage trend I have never got anything below 16.5+ kmpl for 50-50 % city-highway, 14.5-15+ for 100% city and 23.1 on expressway with driving for efficiency test (I don't have the photograph to prove it).

For better mileage efficiency if you keep the rpm in between 2000-2250 and speeds between 65-75 with light foot you can achieve the best out of ANHC. Remember Light Foot is the key to efficiency, but its very very difficult to resist when you have such a peppy engine. I suggest, wait till the run-in period and then rip the i-VTEC to free up the engine, I sure the mileage will improve gradually. But to really improve it also find the corrective action in your driving style.

Anyway, you car looks cool (which you posted on charthoms thread), just be patient and enjoy your new ride.

BTW: The pics are not visible on current thread.

Dear Sir

Thnaks a lot for the congratulations and guidance on right driving technique for better fuel efficiency. Thanks.

, yes, I am certainly a man in the fast lane but not an impulsive one , I chose ES100 after lot of research and even dicussed with Tyre gure Nikihilb here, I chose them becuase I did not want comfort of primacy LC at the cost of super soft tyres , forums here are full of stories of pinch cut, bubble, cuts with small pebbles on Primacy LC, I loved the tyres on my friend's corolla but then You have to be in Mumbai to see the Moon like craters here, I was really worried whether Michelins will be able to handle those craters named potholes by municipality !

I had no other option after ruling out primacy LC , only other option was cpc2 or bridgestone MY-01 , thus went for ES100. I wrote about them in my concern section because all the stories and complaints of Michelin primacy LC being too soft are hearsay and I was looking at some actual user accounts, I have spoken to my tyre dealer and he says I can still exchange with little loss, so I am still searching for conclusive evidence on so called superiority of michelin primacy LC over Yoko ES100 on AHNC for a spirited driver . see I want the best of both
Maanspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2011, 21:21   #15
BHPian
 
Maanspeedo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 58
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: Style, performance, Comfort: In love with My new Honda city VMT(ANHC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.nox View Post
Congratulations Maanspeedo for finally getting your dream car!!!

the only thing I would say after reading your review is "You are crazy man!", you haven't left any car, any segment and what more cancelled your booking two times.

I hope your GF must not be threatening you to dump any-more after getting this beauty home.

I enjoyed your review thoroughly, described each stage during your buying process in a wonderful way.

Waiting for your review post 1000km. enjoy your ride

PS: even I am not able to see the pics.

Thanks man ,ha ha ha ,yes I think I am crazy , this car buying process has been a realisation !...no she is not dumping me now,she actually wants to marry me now

Quote:
Originally Posted by althaaf View Post
Congrats man, you took the perfect decision finally. Its the best machine in this range and i too own one. Please upload the pics separately, they are not visible in your first post. Waiting for further updates from you.
Thanks man,have uploaded the pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
What a decision making process. I did not know buying a new car can be such a confusing process. Sorry to hear about your accidents. I hope nothing was serious. Now I am not superstitious but good that you let go of the Civic. Can you tell me which place did you buy your accessories from in Milan subway? There are many shops there and I always get confused which shop should I go to. I would like to know which shop you chose and how was your experience with them. Enjoy your car. There have been so many City threads post discount.

P.S - Even I am not able to see your pics.
Thanks man , I also did not know this process would become so interesting finally . I bought accessories from Shreyas motors ( Hirav, owner) from Milan and tyres and alloys from Vikki of Bombay tyres at Milan itself . Cheers
Maanspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Alloy wheel for Honda City VMT carnomad Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 26 15th June 2012 14:32
Dream come true - My All New Honda City iVTec VMT venkateshs Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 25 26th August 2011 21:11
My New Honda City VMT. rahul016 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 17 28th December 2010 14:57


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:46.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks