Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2011, 16:11   #16
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NA
Posts: 261
Thanked: 236 Times
Default re: Ownership Log: VW Vento TDI HL (Updated with ICE Review)

Hi Bala,
Congrats for the beast machine. I am sure you would like to enjoy even the last bit of your new luv after so much irritations during the waiting.
Keep us updating with your experience with miles.
happy miles ahead.
Nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 16:35   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,123
Thanked: 364 Times
Default re: Ownership Log: VW Vento TDI HL (Updated with ICE Review)

Thank you very much Nileshch - I only wish I had initially opted for the shadow blue colour - it looks just awesome. The option wasnt available when I booked my car and then didnt want to wait for few additional months due to the change of colour.

The chrome inserts on the steering looks pretty classy and I'm hopeful of sourcing one sometime in the future and fix it up. Let me know if you get some leads here.

I have put the standard OE black rubber mats for now - will upgrade to Kagu during my next change and I have got standard 3M grey tints with 20% visibility.

@Nicky - Thank you very much for your wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Congratulations, again, Bala! Great to see in detail, your purchase decision. Makes complete sense.

Will drop in a follow up mail to VW about this. I want my chrome inserts too!

You should go for the Kagu 3D mats. Totally worth the price. I found the OE mudflaps acceptable. I have not yet scrapped on speed breakers with these, like others have reported. I find them useful in the monsoon. Helps keep off the mud and gravel from scratching the paint on the wheel arches.

Light green-coloured tints would add a premium feel to the white Vento. Though that's entirely my view.
bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 08:35   #18
BHPian
 
plain.vanilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Palakkad KL-9
Posts: 52
Thanked: 8 Times
Default re: Ownership Log: VW Vento TDI HL (Updated with ICE Review)

Congratulations Bala! You have been through a lot in getting your car as is obvious from the Vento delays thread.

Its good to see some of the chrome returning on the car and the red I in the TDI should look cool. I have another 20 days for two months since booking day for my car and then it would be time to unleash hell on the dealer. Hope I do not have to go that route.

Enjoy your car. Wish you many miles of safe driving. Pictures ASAP
plain.vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 21:09   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,123
Thanked: 364 Times
Default re: Ownership Log: VW Vento TDI HL (Updated with ICE Review)

Thanks plain.vanilla. Actually the I on TDI has always been red I beleive, just realized it now - makes me look very stupid!

Congratulations on your decision to buy the vento, please do shop around and talk to different dealers before putting down your advance. You would have got a fair idea about the difference in waiting period quoted between regions now.

The anti-pinch feature in my car isnt working, but then I dont know if it is an unannounced deletion or a one off case with my car. I have posted in the official test drive thread and the discussion is happening there. Please do check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plain.vanilla View Post
Congratulations Bala! You have been through a lot in getting your car as is obvious from the Vento delays thread.

Its good to see some of the chrome returning on the car and the red I in the TDI should look cool. I have another 20 days for two months since booking day for my car and then it would be time to unleash hell on the dealer. Hope I do not have to go that route.

Enjoy your car. Wish you many miles of safe driving. Pictures ASAP
bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 22:04   #20
BHPian
 
charthom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 652
Thanked: 262 Times
Default re: Ownership Log: VW Vento TDI HL (Updated with ICE Review)

Bala,

For reversing, consider a Caska HU. Worth the trouble.

Nilesh-which 3D mats would you recommend?Black or beige?

Bala,yawn..yawn.. photos,photos,at least teasers. So cruel!!
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 22:07   #21
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 555
Thanked: 180 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom
Bala,

For reversing, consider a Caska HU. Worth the trouble.

Nilesh-which 3D mats would you recommend?Black or beige?

Bala,yawn..yawn.. photos,photos,at least teasers. So cruel!!
I was about to recommend the same. Go for a reverse camera system instead of the sensor. Guess that should help in your case.
prabhuferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 23:25   #22
BHPian
 
plain.vanilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Palakkad KL-9
Posts: 52
Thanked: 8 Times
Default re: Ownership Log: VW Vento TDI HL (Updated with ICE Review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Actually the I on TDI has always been red I beleive

Congratulations on your decision to buy the vento, please do shop around and talk to different dealers before putting down your advance. You would have got a fair idea about the difference in waiting period quoted between regions now.

The anti-pinch feature in my car isnt working, but then I dont know if it is an unannounced deletion or a one off case with my car. I have posted in the official test drive thread and the discussion is happening there. Please do check.
Actually I checked again and you are right. Even I did not notice the red I. Anyhow it looks cool.

Actually what I meant was that I have already booked my car on the 27th of June. The dealer had said that the wait time on the car is 2-3 months and that their customers were getting it in around 2 months. That two month deadline is on Aug 27.

Yes I am paying close attention to the issues you are facing and getting ready for any surprises.
plain.vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2011, 15:01   #23
BHPian
 
nileshch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: BLR / BOM
Posts: 743
Thanked: 370 Times
Default re: Ownership Log: VW Vento TDI HL (Updated with ICE Review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Nilesh-which 3D mats would you recommend?Black or beige?
I'll go for beige . Bala, but seriously you can check out this post for the black/beige comparison and decide

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2455593
nileshch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2011, 18:08   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,123
Thanked: 364 Times
Default re: Ownership Log: VW Vento TDI HL (Updated with ICE Review)

Thanks Charthom, I will definitely consider this 3 to 6 months down the line, I think I'll get a little more comfortable with practice and time and following the manual process of get out-check-reverse for the time being.

And for the photos - Will definitely get some by this weekend. Would you beleive if I say that I dont even have a camera? The only camera that I have is on my cellphone and that is good for nothing. I have asked one of my colleagues to bring in a camera just to photograph my car.

I wish nileshch was in chennai, he has some amazing photographs on his ownership thread and has a passion for shooting, just fantastic.

And yes - my vote goes for black

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Bala,

For reversing, consider a Caska HU. Worth the trouble.

Bala,yawn..yawn.. photos,photos,at least teasers. So cruel!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
I'll go for beige . Bala, but seriously you can check out this post for the black/beige comparison and decide

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2455593
bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 11:32   #25
BHPian
 
nileshch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: BLR / BOM
Posts: 743
Thanked: 370 Times
Default re: Ownership Log: VW Vento TDI HL (Updated with ICE Review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Thanks Charthom, I will definitely consider this 3 to 6 months down the line, I think I'll get a little more comfortable with practice and time and following the manual process of get out-check-reverse for the time being.

And for the photos - Will definitely get some by this weekend. Would you beleive if I say that I dont even have a camera? The only camera that I have is on my cellphone and that is good for nothing. I have asked one of my colleagues to bring in a camera just to photograph my car.

I wish nileshch was in chennai, he has some amazing photographs on his ownership thread and has a passion for shooting, just fantastic.
Thanks, Bala. Wish I was there to help you out. Love taking photos! Still, by chance, if you are somewhere near Pondy this weekend, we can meet for a shoot

Quote:
And yes - my vote goes for black
Ah, finally someone in TBHP to support me
nileshch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 15:58   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,123
Thanked: 364 Times
Default re: Ownership Log: VW Vento TDI HL (Updated with ICE Review)

Thanks for the offer, Actually I'm waiting for an opportunity to take a break and head out to pondy, but then not sure if I can make it this weekend.

You are on a holiday there Nileshch? How long are you planning to be there? I hope you are visiting tranquebar and you can plan on covering pitchavaram too if you are interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Thanks, Bala. Wish I was there to help you out. Love taking photos! Still, by chance, if you are somewhere near Pondy this weekend, we can meet for a shoot
bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 16:03   #27
BHPian
 
nileshch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: BLR / BOM
Posts: 743
Thanked: 370 Times
Default re: Ownership Log: VW Vento TDI HL (Updated with ICE Review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Thanks for the offer, Actually I'm waiting for an opportunity to take a break and head out to pondy, but then not sure if I can make it this weekend.

You are on a holiday there Nileshch? How long are you planning to be there? I hope you are visiting tranquebar and you can plan on covering pitchavaram too if you are interested.
Yep, I am there for all the three days. Going there for the first time ever. I'll checkout the places you have mentioned. From preliminary search, they both look very interesting, especially Pitchavaram (since I am a nature & wildlife lover!)

Last edited by nileshch : 11th August 2011 at 16:06.
nileshch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 16:22   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,123
Thanked: 364 Times
Default re: Ownership Log: VW Vento TDI HL (Updated with ICE Review)

Honestly, I havent personally been to either tranquebar or pitchavaram, but have heard my very good feedback from people who had been there before. It is pretty near to pondy too (an excuse to drive your car more!) and hence can easily be covered within a day. You being a nature lover will really love that place.

And yes, treat all of us with your great photographs when you return. Have a pleasant vacation and nice time there my friend.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Yep, I am there for all the three days. Going there for the first time ever. I'll checkout the places you have mentioned. From preliminary search, they both look very interesting, especially Pitchavaram (since I am a nature & wildlife lover!)
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2011, 20:44   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
souravc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,088
Thanked: 427 Times
Default re: Ownership Log: VW Vento TDI HL (Updated with ICE Review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Honestly, I havent personally been to either tranquebar or pitchavaram, but have heard my very good feedback from people who had been there before.
Bala , how are you enjoying your car ? Did you get to go for a long drive ?
Any other feature or quirkiness that you found out ? I posted one on the Vento thread about the AC , interesting indeed
souravc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2011, 22:24   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,123
Thanked: 364 Times
Default re: Ownership Log: VW Vento TDI HL (Updated with ICE Review)

Hello Souravc - Thank you very much for asking. I actually havent got much opportunity to drive around the car (Since I telecommute most of the times), but whatever little it has run, it has certainly impressed me. No issues/complaints except that the reflection of the dash on the windscreen, which is a big annoyance. Me being short in stature doesnt help things either.

I want to get the pictures in place first before I could update this thread with some more initial impressions, but looks like I would be able to get my colleague shoot some pictures for me only by next week. I promise to update this thread with more details and pictures very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Bala , how are you enjoying your car ? Did you get to go for a long drive ?
Any other feature or quirkiness that you found out ? I posted one on the Vento thread about the AC , interesting indeed
bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VW Polo GT TDI ownership log. EDIT: 1,15,000 km up + Kolkata trip update! Gannu_1 Long-Term Ownership Reviews 1045 14th November 2017 05:22
My white shadowfax arrives: Volkswagen Vento TDI HL ownership review evilshantanu Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 151 28th August 2015 17:28
Volkswagen Vento Highline TDI : Ownership review ASTRIKX Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 23 13th June 2011 11:29


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:54.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks