Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2011, 12:23   #16
BHPian
 
arup.misra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 651
Thanked: 293 Times
Default Re: Need For Speed? Enter my New Ford Fiesta!

Congrats bro, the NFS is truely a driver's car like its old sibling. Have fun & drive safe.

If only Ford would have made the rear as good as the front, the 10L package could be justified. May be the NFS hatch will undo these errors.
arup.misra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 13:25   #17
BHPian
 
Sugeeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 352
Thanked: 190 Times
Default Re: Need For Speed? Enter my New Ford Fiesta!

Heartiest Congratulations STARCHILD.

Was directed to this link by fellow bhpian from the Fiesta Forums.

Am still waiting for the Diesel Titanium+ booked ages ago. Apparently cars yet to be shipped from the plant.

Enjoy your ride.
Sugeeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 13:30   #18
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 169
Thanked: 72 Times
Default Re: Need For Speed? Enter my New Ford Fiesta!

You only added to my confusion of should I have waited another year and bought this new Fiesta or it was sensible to pay a lot less than you and drive an equally capable car. Given the interiors haven't really improved that much (space, plastic quality etc.) I think I am happy with less features for the lesser price i paid. But you are so damn right.. the new Fiesta definetely grab some eye balls on the road and am sure you are getting many.

Cheers
New.Novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 13:43   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 5,041
Thanked: 2,086 Times
Smile Re: Need For Speed? Enter my New Ford Fiesta!

@Starchild,

Congratulation on the new ride. The car simply look gorgeous.

The rear cupholder hingers are a real eyesore, I wish Ford had taken care of it. Are you planning to upsize the tyres, if so what would be the best upsize? What other mods have you planned? Do you feel the elevated rear an issue when driving or parking in tight corners.

Happy mile crunching and drive safely. Be patient with the revving till the car has done about 1500kms. Can you please post the pics of the interiors too like the dashboard, and maybe a peek under the hood?
ghodlur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 13:54   #20
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 38
Thanked: 96 Times
Default Re: Need For Speed? Enter my New Ford Fiesta!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Hi starchild,

Let me be the first one to congratulate you on your Ford Fiesta.

I guess this is the first new Fiesta thread here on Team BHP.

Do keep the thread updated with loads of pictures and service updates.

Wishing you happy and safe driving.
Thanks. The 1st service is at 2500 KMs will definitely post the experience along with more pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark 5 View Post
A hearty congratulations on your new buy STARCHILD.

As you pointed out the interiors a really a big let down for a car of this price followed by somewhat out-of-place rear (pardon me but that's what I think) but at the end of the day if you are happy with your car you need not worry about other's opinions.

P.S: The defects about the car's interiors will definitely keep reminding you each day since you already own a Vento which has simple yet quality interiors.
Yup. Even if I try to ignore the differences in interior quality, my friends who have seen my Vento keep pointing them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Hey Starkid. Congrats on two lovely possessions. NFS is a great car and look forward to your comparison report against the Vento. Any reason for choosing a petrol over the diesel?

Wishing you many thousand miles of enjoyable and safe driving.
The car will be clocking an average of 40 KMs per day and the oil burner is approx 1.4 lacs more expensive. I did the math and the extra cost didn't seem justified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Congratulations on your new acquisition! A let down in quality was not expected by Ford.

Wishing you happy and safe driving.

Cheers!
Thanks volkman. I wonder how much Ford would have had to spend on quality to earn customer satisfaction which is - priceless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77 View Post
Congratulations Starchild on your new Ford Fiesta. I got my diesel on Monday!
Enjoyed reading your ownership review.
BTW I noticed you mentioned no auto up/down for the windows. Well, my car has auto up & down for the driver's window. If yours doesn't happen, I suggest you take it to the service center and have them check it. Yours looks to be Titanium right?
Many thanks Carfreak! I checked the auto up on the driver power window and yes it does work. Not sure what I was doing wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dionysus View Post
Starchild congratulations on your new ride, i am sure its very engaging to drive.
WIll be waiting for your comparison with the Vento
Sure! will start working on it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
STARCHILD congrats for your new ride, is it the first NFS on TBHP, might be? Looking forward to your comparison with Vento. Any specific reason for choosing petrol instead of oil burner?
The quality doesn't seems inspiring in NFS, mine Vento really has better interiors and that Jasper Blue colored interiors, why Ford, couldn't they have black or beige.
Looking forward to your NFS experience and we want more photos.
I was scared someone might beat me to it, but yippee mine is the first NFS owner's review on TBHP.
I read on rehaan's post (official new car review) that ford believes beige won't suit Indian conditions. They ought to redo their market research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
Congrats! i guess this to be the first new ford fiesta on the forum!? haven't seen too many on the road yet.

quick questions which trim did you get for both the Vento and the Fiesta. is the vento rear seat more spacious than the fiesta. i still think vento is only comfortable for 4, what is it like with the fiesta

perhaps you could give us a full blown user comparison between the 2 vehicles

enjoy 2 new cars!!
I've seen 3 so far. Surprisingly all three were white?!? Highline for the Vento and Titanium for the NFS which is the 2nd highest trim. The one above is Titanium plus which comes with cruise control and parking sensors. I felt that cruise control would be useless on Indian roads and I should drive the car for some time without parking aids. Later I can decide on sensors or cam or both.

The Vento appears more spacious probably because of the brighter colours and airy interiors. I feel in both these cars the 5th passenger is uncomfortable because of the arm rest (feels hard against the back) and the central tunnel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Congratulations mate! Looking forward to a detailed ownership experience
Sure mate! Will keep you posted (pun intended).

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Congratulations Starchild for providing a well-weighted review with all areas covered. Looking forward to have more details on the driving impressions. Do keep updating the thread!
Thanks vb-san!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
This car is so gorgeous- is this the first NFS review on the forums? Congrats, starchiild!

Curious why you chose the petrol over the diesel especially since the engine has been roundly panned in comparison with its 1.6 lit predecessor.

Please post more pics. All the best!
Oh yes it is the first NFS 'owner review' on TBHP (big smile on my face). As I told MAS, the mind overruled the heart. Though the petrol heart of the NFS has been panned a LOT, its really not so bad. True you won't get shoved into your seat whenever you put pedal to the metal but how often do you get to do that in India? Anyways most of these new engines sacrifice performance for economy. Guess that's what will matter in the long run. Having said that if the NFS came with a variant with its siblings heart, i'd go for it in a heartbeat. More pics will follow soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Starchild, congratulations on the new car! The design is certainly modern and classier (less jazzy, to put it differently) than the ANHV, in my opinion. Though, as you mentioned, I find it compact looking from the front and rear. Would love to see some more pictures! Looking forward to your review on the performance and handling, eager to compare it to the Vento. The Fiesta (classic) was my choice for quite some time before I gave up on waiting for Ford to introduce the NFF.
The Fiesta classic was and continues to be a strong competitor. No wonder Ford didn't discontinue it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Congratulations on your New Fiesta. Enjoy driving.!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Kya baat hai Starchild. You have got the best of both worlds eh! A german car with good interiors and a peppy american car with not-so-great interiors . Hearty congratulations
LOL. I guess you can't have everything in one package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Congratulations. I am kind of surprised with the cost cutting done by Ford. Well as long as it is fun to drive I guess we can live with it.

Newer versions of cars are now more and more watered down. Sad.
Agreed! Unfortunately most of the cost cutting does not make any sense to me. As is the case with the Vento, mine doesn't have Leather and the chrome accent on the steering wheel and the headlight switch. How many euros did VW save on that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk007 View Post
Congrats on your two new rides. Wishing you many happy miles, and drive safe!

Sad to see the cost cutting measures that Ford has gone with. When will they ever learn?
Thanks! hope the Ford honchos come to their senses soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Congrats bro, the NFS is truely a driver's car like its old sibling. Have fun & drive safe.

If only Ford would have made the rear as good as the front, the 10L package could be justified. May be the NFS hatch will undo these errors.
If the hatch has better interiors then...
STARCHILD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 14:42   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
xingamazon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,399
Thanked: 110 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Need For Speed? Enter my New Ford Fiesta!

STARCHILD:
Congrats on the new addition to the family.

I am intergued by your mention of KMPL vs Lts/100kms.
I know the KMPL is more used in India and the later should be more prelevant in markets like US (I am guessing)

But at any point of time, given a choice I would prefer lts/100km, because for e.g. if someone asks me how much would it take for going for chennai to Bangalore.
Its easier to calculate with lts/100 than KMPL. Anyway thats just me :P

All the best with your new car, you seem to be too angry with your new car based on your comments on interior. Please dont be angry at it, start loving it.
xingamazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 14:55   #22
BHPian
 
namit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 392
Thanked: 49 Times
Default Re: Need For Speed? Enter my New Ford Fiesta!

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 16th August 2011 at 14:05.
namit is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 11th August 2011, 15:02   #23
BHPian
 
A350XWB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BLR/FRA/STR
Posts: 791
Thanked: 528 Times
Default Re: Need For Speed? Enter my New Ford Fiesta!

STARCHILD, Congratulations on the new car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
I am intergued by your mention of KMPL vs Lts/100kms.I know the KMPL is more used in India and the later should be more prelevant in markets like US (I am guessing)
The same system is used in Europe. In US, I think it's mpg and not gallons per 100 miles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
All the best with your new car, you seem to be too angry with your new car based on your comments on interior. Please dont be angry at it, start loving it.
Start loving it for what it is, I may add Xing. But the reality is that I think Ford has done a Figo with the new Fiesta interiors. The pictures of some parts posted by the thread starter looks really bad . This is not expected from a car costing north of 10L OTR.
A350XWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 15:13   #24
BHPian
 
fuel_addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 688
Thanked: 111 Times
Default Re: Need For Speed? Enter my New Ford Fiesta!

Starchild, many congrats on the new Fiesta. Its a brave decision to opt for the petrol variant in this age of rising fuel costs.

Loved the external look of the car. The instrument console looks jazzy. The quality of interiors as you have noted is alarming for the car in this segment. Ford has increased the price of the New Fiesta compared to the old; however interior quality and fit-finish seem to have gone two notches down. Having said that, the engine and dynamics of the car should bring a smile everytime you drive. Hope you have a wonderful time with the car.
fuel_addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 15:55   #25
BHPian
 
Mr.Beat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 336
Thanked: 122 Times
Default Re: Need For Speed? Enter my New Ford Fiesta!

Congrats on the NFF, its a awesome looking car from the inside and outside. Shocking to know about the quality of the components as well as uneven gaps. The absence of a auto up/down of windows is another shocking omission.
Mr.Beat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 15:56   #26
BHPian
 
aboveallkaran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Nagpur
Posts: 53
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Need For Speed? Enter my New Ford Fiesta!

congrats on your new purchase.
u cannot close or open just one mirror in cars with power retractable mirrors.
aboveallkaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 17:04   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,123
Thanked: 364 Times
Default Re: Need For Speed? Enter my New Ford Fiesta!

Congratulations on your new car starchild, a honest and unbiased review with nice set of pictures to compliment them. I liked it a lot and the attention to detail in your set of pictures.

The old fiesta when it was launched was a step ahead than its competitors in terms of the quality of interiors, unfortunately the same cannot be said about the current generation one. I remember ford using the same interior blue color (not sure what it is called) in the 1.6S version too and I for one would have preferred a monotone shade of black instead of this blue. Only one remote for the key, one touch up/down for windows, flip open cover for the 12v socket are shocking omissions for a car costing a million rupees. Having said that, the ride/handling combo and fun you will have behind the wheel will make you forget everything else and enjoy the car.

I beleive there should be a way to change the lit/100 km unit measure to KMPL - I remember reading this somewhere before and hence I suggest checking the owner's manual for changing the measurement units.

Wishing you a very pleasant and memorable ownership experience.
bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 17:31   #28
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 76
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Need For Speed? Enter my New Ford Fiesta!

Congratulations Starchild.

I was a very satisfied owner for 4 years of the old Fiesta (1.6L Petrol). I miss it to this day. The ride and handling were excpetional and for me the understated looks worked well. Glad to know the ride and handling genes continue. Disappointed with the interiors though - the old one seem to have better build and quality.

Remembered when I saw the snap of the stepney - in the old fiesta once you have placed the spare wheel in the well, locating the hole for the screw handle was a big chore. Unfortunately you had to do remove the stepney fairly regularly to keep the air topped up. Is it the same in the new one ? Hope not.

Anyways best of luck with the new car and hope you have many pleasant miles with it.
krish11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 19:50   #29
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 38
Thanked: 96 Times
Default Re: Need For Speed? Enter my New Ford Fiesta!

I really appreciate the comments. Keep em coming...I'm loving it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Heartiest Congratulations STARCHILD.

Was directed to this link by fellow bhpian from the Fiesta Forums.

Am still waiting for the Diesel Titanium+ booked ages ago. Apparently cars yet to be shipped from the plant.

Enjoy your ride.
Wow! that's quite an honour.
The diesels do have a much longer waiting because of the demand. At the time of booking the Vento I was told that the diesel had a waiting of 6 weeks.


Quote:
Originally Posted by New.Novice View Post
You only added to my confusion of should I have waited another year and bought this new Fiesta or it was sensible to pay a lot less than you and drive an equally capable car. Given the interiors haven't really improved that much (space, plastic quality etc.) I think I am happy with less features for the lesser price i paid. But you are so damn right.. the new Fiesta definetely grab some eye balls on the road and am sure you are getting many.

Cheers
You shouldn't be confused, the Fiesta classic is great VFM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@Starchild,

Congratulation on the new ride. The car simply look gorgeous.

The rear cupholder hingers are a real eyesore, I wish Ford had taken care of it. Are you planning to upsize the tyres, if so what would be the best upsize? What other mods have you planned? Do you feel the elevated rear an issue when driving or parking in tight corners.

Happy mile crunching and drive safely. Be patient with the revving till the car has done about 1500kms. Can you please post the pics of the interiors too like the dashboard, and maybe a peek under the hood?
No mods planned yet. Parking is always a little difficult because of these new designs with raised rear ends. As mentioned earlier I'm waiting to take a call on an appropriate parking aid. I'll post some additional pics soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
STARCHILD:
Congrats on the new addition to the family.

I am intergued by your mention of KMPL vs Lts/100kms.
I know the KMPL is more used in India and the later should be more prelevant in markets like US (I am guessing)

But at any point of time, given a choice I would prefer lts/100km, because for e.g. if someone asks me how much would it take for going for chennai to Bangalore.
Its easier to calculate with lts/100 than KMPL. Anyway thats just me :P

All the best with your new car, you seem to be too angry with your new car based on your comments on interior. Please dont be angry at it, start loving it.
Ford should understand what is more popular in India. If Indians are used to KMPL then that's what they should provide. After all its only a software modification. We already have to contend with a left sided turn indicator. Its not that I'm angry with the car, I just wish to point out that Ford has made some blatant cost cuts at the customers expense. This ought to be in everyone's mind who are interested in the car. We can't afford to be shortchanged and not utter a word. Well I guess I AM angry at some level, but at Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
STARCHILD, Congratulations on the new car.


The same system is used in Europe. In US, I think it's mpg and not gallons per 100 miles.

Start loving it for what it is, I may add Xing. But the reality is that I think Ford has done a Figo with the new Fiesta interiors. The pictures of some parts posted by the thread starter looks really bad . This is not expected from a car costing north of 10L OTR.
Its the petrol that costs not the KMs. I'd drive forever if it didn't cost me a rupee, but since it does, i'd like to know how many KMs I can get out of a liter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Starchild, many congrats on the new Fiesta. Its a brave decision to opt for the petrol variant in this age of rising fuel costs.

Loved the external look of the car. The instrument console looks jazzy. The quality of interiors as you have noted is alarming for the car in this segment. Ford has increased the price of the New Fiesta compared to the old; however interior quality and fit-finish seem to have gone two notches down. Having said that, the engine and dynamics of the car should bring a smile everytime you drive. Hope you have a wonderful time with the car.
It really is a win some lose some deal with the NFS depending on which seat you occupy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
Congrats on the NFF, its a awesome looking car from the inside and outside. Shocking to know about the quality of the components as well as uneven gaps. The absence of a auto up/down of windows is another shocking omission.
I'm thinking of filing a PIL with ford about the interior quality and omissions. He he.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveallkaran View Post
congrats on your new purchase.
u cannot close or open just one mirror in cars with power retractable mirrors.
I didn't know that. Have to make that suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Congratulations on your new car starchild, a honest and unbiased review with nice set of pictures to compliment them. I liked it a lot and the attention to detail in your set of pictures.

The old fiesta when it was launched was a step ahead than its competitors in terms of the quality of interiors, unfortunately the same cannot be said about the current generation one. I remember ford using the same interior blue color (not sure what it is called) in the 1.6S version too and I for one would have preferred a monotone shade of black instead of this blue. Only one remote for the key, one touch up/down for windows, flip open cover for the 12v socket are shocking omissions for a car costing a million rupees. Having said that, the ride/handling combo and fun you will have behind the wheel will make you forget everything else and enjoy the car.

I beleive there should be a way to change the lit/100 km unit measure to KMPL - I remember reading this somewhere before and hence I suggest checking the owner's manual for changing the measurement units.

Wishing you a very pleasant and memorable ownership experience.
Thanks bala. El lobo mentioned the colour is called Jasper Blue. I've glanced through the manual but didn't come across anything. Will look it up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish11 View Post
Congratulations Starchild.

I was a very satisfied owner for 4 years of the old Fiesta (1.6L Petrol). I miss it to this day. The ride and handling were excpetional and for me the understated looks worked well. Glad to know the ride and handling genes continue. Disappointed with the interiors though - the old one seem to have better build and quality.

Remembered when I saw the snap of the stepney - in the old fiesta once you have placed the spare wheel in the well, locating the hole for the screw handle was a big chore. Unfortunately you had to do remove the stepney fairly regularly to keep the air topped up. Is it the same in the new one ? Hope not.

Anyways best of luck with the new car and hope you have many pleasant miles with it.
Oh yes its still the same. I asked the SR to remove the stepney so that I could check the toolkit and boy did he struggle to put the screw back in. He struggled for a good five mins before delegating the task to a subordinate who finally managed to do it. This shows why companies should take proper feedback from customers.

Last edited by GTO : 16th August 2011 at 14:43. Reason: Quoted post deleted
STARCHILD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 20:27   #30
BHPian
 
handsofsteel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 200
Thanked: 133 Times
Default Re: Need For Speed? Enter my New Ford Fiesta!

congrats on your new steeds. an unbiased review am in the market for a new ride and was eagerly waiting for the ownership reviews.the interiors seem to be a deal breaker based on your description. need a few inputs, would be grateful for your feedback.
how much did it cost you OTR?
could you please elaborate on the head room at the rear? (we are a family of six-footers).
also, eagerly waiting for your comparo between the vento and the NFF
handsofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Ford Fiesta Budget Ford with Aston looks! RavenAvi The International Automotive Scene 20 24th May 2013 12:07
Please help me decide: Fiesta S or Fiesta ZXi? EDIT: Booked Fiesta S! Pics on pg5. frankmehta Sedans 108 18th August 2009 13:43
Ford Fiesta : What speed with respect to gear & rpm? variozin Technical Stuff 8 29th December 2008 01:53
Mitsubishi Cedia, Ford Fiesta and Suzuki Swift to enter Indian Rallying!! suman Indian Motorsport 26 22nd April 2006 00:22


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:59.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks