Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2011, 23:41   #16
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 243
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

Thanks Livyodream for this info.

I checked the website of the Ritz, yes increase in prices of about 10000 inculding taxes.

I have compared the prices of all other maruti models with my old price list, its shocking that price increase is only on the Ritz.

I was so disappointed i took my time in making my decision earlier this year, i lost 25000 consumer offer which was available on the Ritz, now this price hike makes me feel i just got saved of lossing another 10000.

Phew, Folks if anyone is planning a diesel car, please dont think much, just buy it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
Thanks for the clarification.

Yes, the prices have gone up 4 days back. 10000 Rs for VDi and 7000Rs for LDi .
I was thinking of buying Ritz some days back. now Ritz Vdi is 625000 and New Swift VDi is 681000. Saving 55000Rs is really not worth it.

Okay why do you say saving 56000 is not worth it? if you are talking purely about looks then its your personal decision

Apart from this any other points in your mind? 56000 is still a lot of money, you'll save this money in the initial investment plus if you look at it ,it saves you 5600 in interest alone every year, maintainence of the car taken care with this amount.

Try waiting until december, may be december you'll get 20000 consumer discount.
You can book a Swift Vdi and wait for 4 to 5 months, by then you will know the consumer offer of the ritz by december too, thus you can either cancel swift booking later or buy the new ritz in december. I am assuming the waiting period of the ritz should come down in the next 2 months, which no one agree's to, everyone around me is seeing too many ritz on the roads now, everybody says waiting periods are only going to climb from 45days to 3 months slowly.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 23rd August 2011 at 23:51. Reason: merging posts. Please edit existing post if posting with 30mins.
Crazy4.Cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 09:10   #17
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 79
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: Sweetest Chocolate of my life - Ritz VDi Bakers Chocolate

Quote:
Hi your right. Its not there in modern day cars. very few latest launches in the hatch segment have a temperature gauge

It has an engine over heating light in the mini cooper inspired speedometer console.
I do not entirely agree with you on the above. I think most of the cars still continue to come with temperature guages. On a really hot summer day in crawling traffic, with the AC on, most cars tend to heat up. Or try going up a really steep hill road, like the one going up to Ooty from Bandipur via Masinagudi. The temp does go up to alarming levels. It happens in my Scorpio too. I have never seen the temp gauge rising otherwise. So you tend to overlook it. But it does happen and if you dont pull over or take some action, you could end up with an overheated engine.
IMHO, this is something they decided we could do without because they couldnt incorporate it into the inst binnacle.
SCORPION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 11:05   #18
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Goa/Bangalore
Posts: 63
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Sweetest Chocolate of my life - Ritz VDi Bakers Chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post

I did the royal sundaram cashless insurance myself for 10500 and produced my old cars royal sundaram maruti cashless insurance policy for getting a NCB. Thus i got Rs1500 return cheque for the insurance company, so end of the day insurance costed me 9000 only. Horrible MSIL dealers will ask for 14800 for the same insurance (No catches, no Voluntary excess, nothing at all in the insurance that i brought.)
Good deal on the insurance. I too was surprised at the pricing you mentioned as I got the same color last month.

BTW which dealer did you get it from? Most of the dealers were not giving any goodies on the VDi, you got a very good one there...
diogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 11:23   #19
BHPian
 
rajanprash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 109
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

Very good write-up on your decision to buy the Ritz. Will direct anyone who wishes to buy a Ritz. I bought the Ritz back in June 2009. It was the first Ritz in my locality. I never expected it would be such a great success.
Congrats on your new acquisition and wish you many more smiles and miles with it.
Why did you not opt for alloys with the tire change? Any specific reason?
rajanprash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 12:02   #20
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 243
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo View Post
Good deal on the insurance. I too was surprised at the pricing you mentioned as I got the same color last month.

BTW which dealer did you get it from? Most of the dealers were not giving any goodies on the VDi, you got a very good one there...
Thanks. We need to be carefull with regards to insurance, these dealers make too much money from us. Any brand dealer for that matter.

I went to all dealers in the city in the 2nd week of july, sat on the table with 10000 cash. Bargained/negotiated a lot. Every dealer offered atleast 5k worth freebies, end of the day i convinced Bimal for the max freebies and booked the car. (details in my review on page 1).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajanprash View Post
Very good write-up on your decision to buy the Ritz. Will direct anyone who wishes to buy a Ritz. I bought the Ritz back in June 2009. It was the first Ritz in my locality. I never expected it would be such a great success.
Congrats on your new acquisition and wish you many more smiles and miles with it.
Why did you not opt for alloys with the tire change? Any specific reason?
Thanks, I know my driving style over pot holes and bad roads
Alloys are not a safe choice for me. they only enhance looks, not much performance upgrade. I am happy with black steel rims. Even if one alloy is damaged after 1 or 2 years, replacing it is a pain. And also i personally feel alloys are overpriced for 3.5 to 4k per piece.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 23rd August 2011 at 23:51. Reason: merging posts. Please edit existing post if posting with 30mins.
Crazy4.Cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 17:37   #21
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 243
Thanked: 43 Times
Default Re: Sweetest Chocolate of my life - Ritz VDi Bakers Chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post
I do not entirely agree with you on the above. I think most of the cars still continue to come with temperature guages. On a really hot summer day in crawling traffic, with the AC on, most cars tend to heat up. Or try going up a really steep hill road, like the one going up to Ooty from Bandipur via Masinagudi. The temp does go up to alarming levels. It happens in my Scorpio too. I have never seen the temp gauge rising otherwise. So you tend to overlook it. But it does happen and if you dont pull over or take some action, you could end up with an overheated engine.
IMHO, this is something they decided we could do without because they couldnt incorporate it into the inst binnacle.
Ooty -Bandipur via Masinagudi I've done it 5 times on 3 different cars. Zen, Alto and Swift VDI. never seen the temprature needle cross the middle level.

I like the drive a lot, its very nice

My brothers Swift VDI always crawls in busy city roads with heavy traffic and with A/C on always. Our city never easily crosses 36degrees in peak summer. Again never seen the temprature gauge climb above normal.

Having said this, i agree it must be there for safety reasons, but its not something major for which you can cancel buying a particular car if it doesnt have it.

Checking Coolant levels always and not pushing the car too hard during hot summer days does help.
Crazy4.Cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 18:23   #22
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 79
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: Sweetest Chocolate of my life - Ritz VDi Bakers Chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
Ooty -Bandipur via Masinagudi I've done it 5 times on 3 different cars. Zen, Alto and Swift VDI. never seen the temprature needle cross the middle level.

I like the drive a lot, its very nice

My brothers Swift VDI always crawls in busy city roads with heavy traffic and with A/C on always. Our city never easily crosses 36degrees in peak summer. Again never seen the temprature gauge climb above normal.

Having said this, i agree it must be there for safety reasons, but its not something major for which you can cancel buying a particular car if it doesnt have it.

Checking Coolant levels always and not pushing the car too hard during hot summer days does help.
Hey, ofcourse, I am not going to cancel the booking because of the lack of a temperature gauge. I just love the car.
All I am saying is that rising temperature is a very good indication of abnormalities in your engine, or that your engine is being, and it should be part of the standard instrument panel in any car. I would feel more comfortable with it than without it.
SCORPION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 19:20   #23
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 243
Thanked: 43 Times
Default Re: Sweetest Chocolate of my life - Ritz VDi Bakers Chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post
Hey, ofcourse, I am not going to cancel the booking because of the lack of a temperature gauge. I just love the car.
All I am saying is that rising temperature is a very good indication of abnormalities in your engine, or that your engine is being, and it should be part of the standard instrument panel in any car. I would feel more comfortable with it than without it.
Yes your right.

Its a good to have feature. But once my relative faced an issue. His temp meter showed the needle rising above the normal levels very steadily during a fast highway drive, it was almost reaching H symbol. This was in the year 2003 in an Old Esteem Vxi.

He was planning to pull off the car to the side, but he got stuck at a traffic signal for 1 minute because we were passing through a village.

To our suprise, the temp needle went back to normal, the engine was not switched off

We didnt bother stopping after that, we drove back for about 200km's after that at speeds of 80-110km/hr.

This made us feel, these analog temprature guage or meters arent very accurate.

This is the only incident which i have seen the temp guage needle climb over normal. Rest all cases, irrespective with the driving speed or conditions of the road or strain on the engine, never seen the temprature needle cross the normal mark.

Btw which car have you booked buddy?

Cheers
Crazy4.Cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 02:19   #24
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 79
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: Sweetest Chocolate of my life - Ritz VDi Bakers Chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
Yes your right.
Btw which car have you booked buddy?
Cheers
I have booked a Ritz Vdi ABS in Bakers Chocolate! The price quoted in Coimbatore at the time of booking, which was about a month ago, was 621000. Now, after reading through this thread, I suppose I am in for a shock when the dealer quotes his price at the time of delivery. There has been no info from him on this matter and I havent queried. Will post the final price once I take delivery.
SCORPION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 10:35   #25
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 243
Thanked: 43 Times
Default Re: Sweetest Chocolate of my life - Ritz VDi Bakers Chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post
I have booked a Ritz Vdi ABS in Bakers Chocolate! The price quoted in Coimbatore at the time of booking, which was about a month ago, was 621000. Now, after reading through this thread, I suppose I am in for a shock when the dealer quotes his price at the time of delivery. There has been no info from him on this matter and I havent queried. Will post the final price once I take delivery.
If your invoice is already made you do not need to worry, however if your delaer has not made your invoice copy yet, then new prices will have to paid.
Crazy4.Cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 23:02   #26
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 243
Thanked: 43 Times
Default Re: Sweetest Chocolate of my life - Ritz VDi Bakers Chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post
I have booked a Ritz Vdi ABS in Bakers Chocolate! The price quoted in Coimbatore at the time of booking, which was about a month ago, was 621000. Now, after reading through this thread, I suppose I am in for a shock when the dealer quotes his price at the time of delivery. There has been no info from him on this matter and I havent queried. Will post the final price once I take delivery.
I wish the VDI ABS was 6.2 in bangalore! here it is close to 6.6lakh.

By the way congrats for your booking please do change your tyres to yoko 185/70 R14 or Michelin 185/70 R14 if your car will do highway drive's. Even if your car is doing just 20% highway drives these tyres are very much required for this tall hatch to handle perfectly.

Drive Safe
Crazy4.Cars is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2011, 03:01   #27
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 79
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
I wish the VDI ABS was 6.2 in bangalore! here it is close to 6.6lakh.

By the way congrats for your booking please do change your tyres to yoko 185/70 R14 or Michelin 185/70 R14 if your car will do highway drive's. Even if your car is doing just 20% highway drives these tyres are very much required for this tall hatch to handle perfectly.

Drive Safe
Thanks. As I have mentioned on earlier posts on this topic, I am planning to go in for Michelin XM1s or Yokos, depending on the price diff. I do a lot of highway driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
If your invoice is already made you do not need to worry, however if your delaer has not made your invoice copy yet, then new prices will have to paid.
I will have to pay the new price, only the booking amount has been paid.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 24th August 2011 at 10:16. Reason: merging posts. Please edit existing post if posting with 30mins.
SCORPION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 22:29   #28
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 243
Thanked: 43 Times
Default Re: Sweetest Chocolate of my life - Ritz VDi Bakers Chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post
Thanks. As I have mentioned on earlier posts on this topic, I am planning to go in for Michelin XM1s or Yokos, depending on the price diff. I do a lot of highway driving.


I will have to pay the new price, only the booking amount has been paid.
Sorry to hear your ending up paying 10k extra because of the recent price hike, but its alright its worth it.Else you'll have to wait for december to get better discounts.

Go with the Yoko's because
1) price is cheaper, it is also made of silca compound like the michelin.
2) I've used michelin before, the stones get stuck a lot in the thread pattern of michelin, the small stones are a big pain. Yoko has good thread gap, only medium sized stones get stuck and can be removed easily.
3) Yoko 185 width is not as fat as Michelin's 185 width. the result is the steering of the ritz becomes lighter with the yoko's. Few owners have a complaint saying steering has become harder with michelin or bridgestone ER 60 185 width tyres.
4) Both yoko and michelin have almost same tyre life.Rotate 5 tyres every 6000km once without fail. Share the work load with 5 tyres equally, they entire set of 5 will last 50000km easily.

Hope this helps!
Crazy4.Cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 22:57   #29
BHPian
 
SPARKled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 936
Thanked: 301 Times
Default Re: Sweetest Chocolate of my life - Ritz VDi Bakers Chocolate

Congrats and welcome to the Ritz Vdi club. After using mine for around 3 months and 4k kms later, I am very pleased with my decision to buy a Ritz instead of the Figo or the Punto.
Can you please confirm if your Ritz makes a Khat sound when descending speed breakers at any speeds faster than crawling speeds. I am told its due to a limited play of the shocks but I am not really convinced.
SPARKled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2011, 04:18   #30
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 79
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: Sweetest Chocolate of my life - Ritz VDi Bakers Chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
Sorry to hear your ending up paying 10k extra because of the recent price hike, but its alright its worth it.Else you'll have to wait for december to get better discounts.

Go with the Yoko's because
1) price is cheaper, it is also made of silca compound like the michelin.
2) I've used michelin before, the stones get stuck a lot in the thread pattern of michelin, the small stones are a big pain. Yoko has good thread gap, only medium sized stones get stuck and can be removed easily.
3) Yoko 185 width is not as fat as Michelin's 185 width. the result is the steering of the ritz becomes lighter with the yoko's. Few owners have a complaint saying steering has become harder with michelin or bridgestone ER 60 185 width tyres.
4) Both yoko and michelin have almost same tyre life.Rotate 5 tyres every 6000km once without fail. Share the work load with 5 tyres equally, they entire set of 5 will last 50000km easily.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the advice. My Scorpio came with Bridestones (235/70) and they lasted for over 65000 kms without a problem. It still had some juice left but I didnt want to push it since they were over 5 years old. I now have Pirelli Scorpion (255/65) and am very happy with the performance, except for the awful tyre noise that they make. I have been looking for Pirellis in the 185/70 size but all the ones I found are over 3 years old, still in their wrappers. Anyway, I have not really started an earnest tyre hunt. What Yokos have you got? C-Drives?
SCORPION is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Baker`s Chocolate Ritz LDI delivered! damodar Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 62 28th September 2011 08:37
Porsche Centrum Gelderland's chocolate 911 Bumblebee86 The International Automotive Scene 18 23rd November 2009 13:00
Why is Ritz VDi more expensive than the Swift VDi ? Tapan The Indian Car Scene 49 1st June 2009 18:19


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:33.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks