Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 12th July 2014, 14:47   #46
BHPian

Can anyone share their experience of the A Star's ability to wade through water? Wondering what height of water can this hatch handle safely.

Last edited by outdoorlover : 12th July 2014 at 14:55.
outdoorlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2014, 15:00   #47
BHPian

Default Re: A-star Automatic: Features review, EDIT: Mileage Updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
Can anyone share their experience of the A Star's ability to wade through water? Wondering what height of water can this hatch handle safely.
When you say "ability to wade through water", do you mean "height of the exhaust tail pipe" (assuming the air intake opening is much higher)? It is higher than that of the Alto, I would take exact measurement this week and update you.
If you meant water resistance of bearings and other parts (as you already own an A-star), I am not sure. Would request others to comment on this.

Last edited by jinojohnt : 22nd December 2014 at 15:02.
jinojohnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2015, 11:36   #48
BHPian

Jinojohn, I meant wading through water in the terms of what height of water it could run through safely without the engine sucking water.
Old 30th September 2015, 08:23   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: A-star Automatic: Features review, EDIT: Mileage Updated

@Outdoorlover, the standard guideline for production cars is that you can wade thru water upto level of the axle (centre of the wheel). But go through slowly, so that the water does not splash upwards to the air-intake point. And in case the car stalls, then do not attempt to start it again - but get it pulled out of the water & checked before any further action.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2015, 21:04   #50
BHPian

My A-Star AT completed 2 years this month. Being the second car in the stable, it has only done 10600 kms in these 2 years. This year too, I treated it to Synthetic oil (Mobil-1 0W40) along with the change, in coolant and brake oil which is mandated at 2yrs/ 20k service. The car is running smoother now I feel. Also got the front brake calliper adjusted as recommended by my Service advisor and this has improved braking performance which is not great in this vehicle given that the rear brakes are drum and not disc.