Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2011, 13:29   #61
BHPian

re: Tata Manza:: The Story Continues:: 20,000 kms Update

Hey, thanks for the quick reply. So Aura ABS, it is. Can I contact you for any PDI assistance? I'm a novice in these.
Old 16th September 2011, 13:32   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrvarier View Post
Hey, thanks for the quick reply. So Aura ABS, it is. Can I contact you for any PDI assistance? I'm a novice in these.
Sure drop me a PM, but i would be away this weekend My name is Hirak. Infact i have the contact details of the Stockyard incharge also, went there twice
Old 16th September 2011, 22:00   #63
BHPian

OT: Nice meeting you today MM!
Old 17th September 2011, 02:19   #64
BHPian

motomav... congrats on the new car... i think i saw it today somewhere in HSR.. maybe am mistaken..

drive safe!
Old 17th September 2011, 10:53   #65

Good review.

Please guide to the mileage and the Engine sound in the cabin.
Old 18th September 2011, 22:02   #66
BHPian

Did the test drive of manza elan yesterday. It felt just right for my requirements, even though I can't say am bowled over. Just very good. Handling was good. this was my first drive on a big car and deisel, and both aspect did not trouble. Did drive over some pot holes, and it did feel. Got the experience of turbo kicking in, and that was indeed great. AC cools the front faster, will miss a rear ac vent. The prerana guy said the aura ABS do not have rear de-mistifier, and I'll miss that too. Need-less to say about the space. I was comfortable keeping the front seat half pushed back, and at this, the rear has ample leg room (am 5"11'). Boot is more than enough, we could do with half that space. am not really an ICE man, so unless the default is horribly bad, am ok. I need to add a steering grip right away, and horns are slightly inadequate.
For someone who have been using a santro, and a VFM conscious, I thing it is just right for me.
Old 19th September 2011, 09:50   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvishnu View Post
motomav... congrats on the new car... i think i saw it today somewhere in HSR.. maybe am mistaken..

drive safe!
Thanks, well maybe i do frequent HSR since i live close by . Now it will be easier to spot as i have the LTD sticker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal Bonding View Post
Good review.

Please guide to the mileage and the Engine sound in the cabin.
Current mileage at 700kms is 16.6kpl this includes 50% of city & highway drive with around 70% a/c

Quote:
Did the test drive of manza elan yesterday. It felt just right for my requirements, even though I can't say am bowled over. Just very good. Handling was good. this was my first drive on a big car and deisel, and both aspect did not trouble. Did drive over some pot holes, and it did feel. Got the experience of turbo kicking in, and that was indeed great. AC cools the front faster, will miss a rear ac vent. The prerana guy said the aura ABS do not have rear de-mistifier, and I'll miss that too. Need-less to say about the space. I was comfortable keeping the front seat half pushed back, and at this, the rear has ample leg room (am 5"11'). Boot is more than enough, we could do with half that space. am not really an ICE man, so unless the default is horribly bad, am ok. I need to add a steering grip right away, and horns are slightly inadequate.
For someone who have been using a santro, and a VFM conscious, I thing it is just right for me.
I am not sure what the SE means by demistifier, by the way who is the SE handling your TD? What i meant was those copper wires running across the back window, those are very much present in the Aura so Aura ABS would not be any different. Yes its a pucca VFM car and bad roads is a thing of past.

I was driving the Zen and then also drove the Santro for few hundred kms and then driving the Manza i can safely say that this is the best of the lot when it concerns tackling bad roads. Just yesterday drove some 400kms (city & highway) in one day and i did not feel tired at all.

Last edited by motomaverick : 19th September 2011 at 09:51.
Old 19th September 2011, 16:30   #68
BHPian

Can someone please post the service intervals for the Manza?
Old 19th September 2011, 16:35   #69

Hi Hirak,

Congratulations for your new car !!!!

I am really greatful for such a long informative review about all the sedan which you

considered before settling on MANZA.

Your review is one of the most informative for others to buy any sedan.

Have a great time with your new manza and safe drive.

take care
Old 19th September 2011, 17:11   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Thanks, well maybe i do frequent HSR since i live close by . Now it will be easier to spot as i have the LTD sticker.

Current mileage at 700kms is 16.6kpl this includes 50% of city & highway drive with around 70% a/c

I am not sure what the SE means by demistifier, by the way who is the SE handling your TD? What i meant was those copper wires running across the back window, those are very much present in the Aura so Aura ABS would not be any different. Yes its a pucca VFM car and bad roads is a thing of past.

I was driving the Zen and then also drove the Santro for few hundred kms and then driving the Manza i can safely say that this is the best of the lot when it concerns tackling bad roads. Just yesterday drove some 400kms (city & highway) in one day and i did not feel tired at all.
Yes, the same thing. I re-confirmed with Raghavendra from Prerana, and its not there in the new Aura ABS. He's given me the new brochure whihc also says so.

Did a very short test drive of the Fiesta classic. I could'nt rate it above manza right away, for the additional ~1.5 L I've to pay.
Old 20th September 2011, 09:47   #71
Senior - BHPian

800 kms Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidhu bangalore View Post
Hi Hirak,

Congratulations for your new car !!!!

I am really greatful for such a long informative review about all the sedan which you

considered before settling on MANZA.

Your review is one of the most informative for others to buy any sedan.

Have a great time with your new manza and safe drive.

take care
Hey Sidhu thanks for the comments. I hope this helps someone looking for a VFM sedan

Quote:
Yes, the same thing. I re-confirmed with Raghavendra from Prerana, and its not there in the new Aura ABS. He's given me the new brochure whihc also says so.

Did a very short test drive of the Fiesta classic. I could'nt rate it above manza right away, for the additional ~1.5 L I've to pay.
Ok maybe they are changing something not sure. Yes, even i was in the same dilema of considering the Fiesta but the Lxi itself costs more than the Aura that i was considering and you dont get some of the features that are there in Manza, plus the major deal breaker for the Fiesta was the backseat comfort. I had the chance of travelling in a very well maintained Fiesta Classic taxi from the airport and by the time i covered the 50 odd kms from the Airport to home, my back was aching badly.

800 kms update; and 1 short highway drive

My Manza which I got last Monday has already covered some 830 kms till today. Yes thats alot in the last 7 days but there are few reasons that this happened.

1. Had to do a Mysore run on Sunday
2. Wanted to finish off the run-in as fast as i could

On Sunday did a Blr-Mysore-Blr run of about 300kms plus had to drive to & fro from palace grounds to Koramangala, so by the time the day ended the car had done 400 odd kms. During this extensive run let me share some of the good & not so good points that was noticed.

+ve's

1. You do not feel any tiredness after such an extensive run in one day (atleast by my standards )
2. Road handling especially Indian highway's up & down roads + speed breakers + broken speed breakers were handled with aplomb.
3. Taking turns (not very sharp) at high speeds is no concern, actually it inspires confidence because of the weight
4. Effortless cruising with fully loaded boot & 4 adults and a/c
5. Road presence, one honk is enough to get a way for overtaking, strange
6. Seating height ensure you can see pretty well all around
7. Last but not the least, 16.9kpl during this run on that day that too during run-in is amazing.

-ve's (Very few)

1. Slight hiccup kind of thing observed when close to 2k rpm on fourth, maybe due to run-in
2. Sudden braking makes the front end dive down which makes the rear passengers slight unnerving
3. Instant avg i noticed did not go up more than 25kpl at any point, is that go to do with some initial setting?

So all in all a very good experience till now with the Manza, this weekend in all probability will be the first servicing for the car so lets see how the service goes.

Last edited by motomaverick : 20th September 2011 at 10:00.
Old 20th September 2011, 14:41   #72
BHPian

Re: 800 kms Update

Quote:
3. Instant avg i noticed did not go up more than 25kpl at any point, is that go to do with some initial setting?
From what I have read, the Instant Fuel Efficiency is configured to display a max of 25kmpl. Read here
A Road to Fuel Efficiency: The Feat is on , so as the critics
Old 20th September 2011, 15:57   #73
Senior - BHPian

Re: 800 kms Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
From what I have read, the Instant Fuel Efficiency is configured to display a max of 25kmpl. Read here
A Road to Fuel Efficiency: The Feat is on , so as the critics
Yea I have seen that guys feat, its amazing when you come to think about it. Thanks for sharing the link, no i got to know that DIS is limited to 25kpl, i thought it was some error
Old 20th September 2011, 16:09   #74
BANNED

[quote=motomaverick;2487060]

the Zen was bought off by Tata for an estimated amount of 1.52L including 20k exchange bonus quote]

congratulation for the new buy.

But it was not fair on your part to give of the zen for 1.52L which you quoted me 1.45L and i agreed to pay the same on the spot with out a bargain and later you called and confirmed me that your retaining the zen, you could have told me that you need more. as BHPian i was having a confidence on your words, any how i brought a NEW THAR CRDe..

Happy motoring.
Old 20th September 2011, 16:23   #75
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Rajith;2513099]
Quote:

the Zen was bought off by Tata for an estimated amount of 1.52L including 20k exchange bonus quote]

congratulation for the new buy.

But it was not fair on your part to give of the zen for 1.52L which you quoted me 1.45L and i agreed to pay the same on the spot with out a bargain and later you called and confirmed me that your retaining the zen, you could have told me that you need more. as BHPian i was having a confidence on your words, any how i brought a NEW THAR CRDe..

Happy motoring.
I understand where you are coming from, at the time when I told that we are keeping the car, we actually had decided on the same but after a few days the family green signaled that we can go for the Manza and co-incidently i also got this offer. Do apologize for any confusions that I may caused, was not the intention, there was a lot of chaos at home.

Btw congrats on the Thar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks