Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 21st September 2011, 11:38   #76
BHPian

Default re: Tata Manza:: The Story Continues:: 20,000 kms Update

Heard that the Limied Edition Manza that is being sold now is actually the 'export' version / quality.

Manza is going to be exported soon to a few countries and the interior color scheme is 'black' for all these cars.

So, expect this car to be a notch higher in fit and finish than the other versions.

Eagerly waiting for a detailed user review from the t-bhp buyer....to get these claims by dealers validated.
Amazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 15:11   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
Heard that the Limied Edition Manza that is being sold now is actually the 'export' version / quality.

Manza is going to be exported soon to a few countries and the interior color scheme is 'black' for all these cars.

So, expect this car to be a notch higher in fit and finish than the other versions.

Eagerly waiting for a detailed user review from the t-bhp buyer....to get these claims by dealers validated.
It would be interesting to see what the limited edition has, i am hoping for a boot lip spoiler
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 20:54   #78
BHPian

We will remember Mr Miyagi a.k.a go-kart. Put up some pics of the ICE. Is it running in synthetic engine oil?

Looking at the kilometers you have clocked, Are you on driving vacation
M.R.Boruwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 20:58   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.R.Boruwa View Post
We will remember Mr Miyagi a.k.a go-kart. Put up some pics of the ICE. Is it running in synthetic engine oil?

Looking at the kilometers you have clocked, Are you on driving vacation
good to see u online mrb. Yes it is running mobil1 synth oil. Hehehe no its been some necessary driving due to family but i dont mind because the 1k kms will be up soon.
Old 24th September 2011, 14:13   #80
Senior - BHPian

Default Tata Manza:: A new Story Begins :: 1000kms & 1st Service

Mods: Please update the thread title

Just came back from the Hachi's first free visit to the Vet Yes, its been somewhere about 12 days since delivery and completed the 1000 kms on Friday. No major niggles or problems with the car in these few kms (Touch wood for that).

Service Place Prerana Motors, Kudlu Gate
Service Advisor Mr. Andrews
Time Taken 3 hours

I was slightly apprehensive about how the service would go because when i went for my first service at Suruksha for my earlier Zen they had really wow'd me with the experience, what with sms's flying around intimating me of the progress of the service. Though i did not have such high expectations from Tata, i don't why but maybe because of the earlier delivery experience which is still fresh in my mind.

However, if I have to sum up the whole experience today i would say it was Ok. ( I would give a 8 on a scale of 1-9 with 9 being great)

Since i did not have any major niggles or complains, just the alignment & there used to be slight shuddering from the engine as if fuel is over issue, which was corrected by cleaning the air filter. All the required liquids were topped up and various parts "Silicon greased" i dont what that means but i presume some grade of grease.

The alignment, balancing and filling of Nitrogen air was done as well and now the ride has further smooths out or may be i am trying to imagine more

So now that the first hurdle is over, will be stretching the car a little bit more though not a lot. Thanks for reading, here are a few pics i clicked yesterday, not the best ones i would say.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Manza: The story ends @ 45,000 kms-img_3639.jpg  

Tata Manza: The story ends @ 45,000 kms-img_3641.jpg  

Tata Manza: The story ends @ 45,000 kms-img_3642.jpg  

Tata Manza: The story ends @ 45,000 kms-img_3644.jpg  

Last edited by motomaverick : 24th September 2011 at 14:14.
motomaverick is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2011, 20:53   #81
BHPian

Default Re: Tata Manza:: A new Story Begins :: 1000kms & 1st Service

Congrats on the new car !! Thanks for sharing your experiences - it again tells as to why a PDI is a must.

The photographs look very good.

Am sure your family is enjoying the ride as much as you and wish you many miles of joyous and safe rides.
aaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2011, 22:20   #82
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Tata Manza:: A new Story Begins :: 1000kms & 1st Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post
Congrats on the new car !! Thanks for sharing your experiences - it again tells as to why a PDI is a must.

The photographs look very good.

Am sure your family is enjoying the ride as much as you and wish you many miles of joyous and safe rides.
Yes the family is surely enjoying the ride and always tries to find a way to catch a ride in the car.

Small Update

After todays service i noticed today evening that the car was very sluggish in 1st & 2nd gear stop and go traffic, the earlier push without even pressing the accelerator in 1st gear from stand still was completely missing. Called the SA and told him who asked him to touch the clutch settings which is what i am suspecting, now i will have to go again tomorrow to get the setting adjusted.

This certainly cuts down 1 more point and now i will rate the service as 7, the reason being messing with a setting that was not even complained about during the service. I dont know now if i would be able to get that old setting just hoping for the best.
Old 25th September 2011, 14:10   #83
BHPian

I Booked my Tata Manza New Aura ABS, Diesel
Colour: Tyrian Wine
Dealer: Prerana Motors, Bangalore
Booking date: 24th Sept 2011
Expected delivery date: within 10 days
OTR Price: 8.36 L

Can't explain it, but the feeling is more of anxiety than excitement ! I've had a trouble-free 8 years with my Santro. May be I'm reading too much about tata and manza ! Someone please CONCLUSIVELY tell me, I made a good decision and I've happy motoring days ahead !!

Thanks,
Venu.
vrvarier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2011, 14:23   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrvarier View Post
I Booked my Tata Manza New Aura ABS, Diesel. Someone please CONCLUSIVELY tell me, I made a good decision and I've happy motoring days ahead !!
Congratulations on your purchase! You have one of the most spacious sedans. The seats on the Tata Manza are considered as good as any other vehicle in its class too. For an airport run, the Tata Manza is great because you have lots of space in the boot and you can also fit suitcases between the front and rear seats (I can't ever manage that in an Esteem unless the seats are pushed all the way to the front). The Manza has the almost-ubiquitous Fiat 1.3L diesel engine so you can easily find consumables for it for a long long time (think of it as a modern-day equivalent of a Peugot TUD5).
k_nitin_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 09:13   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Can't explain it, but the feeling is more of anxiety than excitement ! I've had a trouble-free 8 years with my Santro. May be I'm reading too much about tata and manza ! Someone please CONCLUSIVELY tell me, I made a good decision and I've happy motoring days ahead !!

Thanks,
Venu.
Congrats Venu on your new possesion. Fear not as atleast I have not faced any difficulties with this machine for the past 1200kms that i have driven it. Yes you might take sometime to get used to the turbo lag that is evident below 2k rpm especially coming from a petrol car where you can just tap the accelerator and the car moves forward in any gear. With this one you have to be a little easy but i am sure you will love the 3rd gear as that is where this car just shines and will fly away.

The engine as well as transmission is Fiat derived so that will be bullet proof as this engine has proved its mettle since 2006. You have made a wise choice just take care of the car and it will take care of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
Congratulations on your purchase! You have one of the most spacious sedans. The seats on the Tata Manza are considered as good as any other vehicle in its class too. For an airport run, the Tata Manza is great because you have lots of space in the boot and you can also fit suitcases between the front and rear seats (I can't ever manage that in an Esteem unless the seats are pushed all the way to the front). The Manza has the almost-ubiquitous Fiat 1.3L diesel engine so you can easily find consumables for it for a long long time (think of it as a modern-day equivalent of a Peugot TUD5).
Yes the Manza is pure VFM when it comes to space and practicality. I used it a couple of days back to transfer few huge carboard boxes and the boot plus the flipped back seat came in handy.
Old 28th September 2011, 12:59   #86
Senior - BHPian

Update from 27th Sept 2011

As i had mentioned in the earlier post about the issue that was noticed with the clutch, the same was repaired by the S.S yesterday by replacing the clutch master cylinder. I did not mind since it was under warranty but i was curious to know how it can go bad so quick. I dont ride the clutch as well, and also assuming that i rode the clutch but 1000 kms is too short for this to get damaged. The answer i got from the SA was that its a manufacturing defect. I was kind of taken aback by this comment. Infact now that i come to think of it, the SA very easily identified the clutch issue to the master cylinder and the replacement actually solved the issue.

Overall the service experience was Ok since the issue was solved promptly. But the hassle of going twice to the S.S was a slight pain.
Old 29th September 2011, 13:56   #87
BHPian

Quote:
YeY !!!

I saw her today. She looked fantastic. No problems observed to my layman eyes. Odo showed 45km, which is fair. Got the VIN yesterday itself, and was decoded to Sept 2011. Handed over docs for regn, plus some interim payment. If all goes well, she is mine on Monday. Thanks, everyone for wishes & advices, and Hirak in particular. Will keep you all updated, may be in a separate thread.

Regards,
Venu
Old 29th September 2011, 14:01   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
YeY !!!

I saw her today. She looked fantastic. No problems observed to my layman eyes. Odo showed 45km, which is fair. Got the VIN yesterday itself, and was decoded to Sept 2011. Handed over docs for regn, plus some interim payment. If all goes well, she is mine on Monday. Thanks, everyone for wishes & advices, and Hirak in particular. Will keep you all updated, may be in a separate thread.

Regards,
Venu
Congrats that wine color looks real rich. 45kms? You did the PDI in the showroom? Sep 2011 is pretty new, i guess since this color option is new for Aura ABS. Once you have your car we should meet for a car photoshot I think we might rope in Vishnu with his Vista Vx as well.
Old 29th September 2011, 15:17   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Congrats that wine color looks real rich. 45kms? You did the PDI in the showroom? Sep 2011 is pretty new, i guess since this color option is new for Aura ABS. Once you have your car we should meet for a car photoshot I think we might rope in Vishnu with his Vista Vx as well.
thanks. Yes I did it in showroom. Sure we should plan a photoshoot.
Old 29th September 2011, 15:42   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks. Yes I did it in showroom. Sure we should plan a photoshoot.
Anyways welcome to the Ratan Tata family. Happy Motorings for the future