Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 11th September 2012, 21:32   #181
BHPian

Default Re: 20,000 KM Update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
Stuff Planned for the Bee.
  1. Stanley covers
  2. Cool air intake
  3. Pete’s box
  4. Custom rotors
  5. HID's
  6. Tyre upgrade
hey congrats on completing that milestone on your car!! its great to see that the swift is free of rattles

pls keep us updated on these upgrades/mods with pricing and performance. Will prove handy for the rest of us.

i can vouch for the 195 upgrade on a-drives as i got them dont straight out of the showroom. they are a boon when it comes to tyre noise. Even with 100+ on highways, the noise is not noticeable.
funkyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2012, 23:38   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp

hey congrats on completing that milestone on your car!! its great to see that the swift is free of rattles

pls keep us updated on these upgrades/mods with pricing and performance. Will prove handy for the rest of us.

i can vouch for the 195 upgrade on a-drives as i got them dont straight out of the showroom. they are a boon when it comes to tyre noise. Even with 100+ on highways, the noise is not noticeable.
How much did you get your A drives for? Is there a speedo error. What are the exact spec for the Tire.
Racer_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2012, 00:39   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X

How much did you get your A drives for? Is there a speedo error. What are the exact spec for the Tire.
I got them about 5 months back for about 5k a piece. Including buy back of stock mrfs I paid 7k for all 5 tyres.

It's 195/60/15. There will be some speedo error but less than 1%. It's the most recommended tyre upsize for the swift
funkyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2012, 12:30   #184
BHPian

Default Strike One :-(

The Bee had his first strike yesterday.

A college kid on a Dio rear-ended the Bee.

BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12-imag0218.jpg

Got a quote of 1000 bucks from Maruti guys for fixing the dent and getting the bumper painted.

Should I get it fixed from the Maruti guys or are there any alternate way to fix this.
Old 8th October 2012, 13:48   #185
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Strike One :-(

Quote:
Should I get it fixed from the Maruti guys or are there any alternate way to fix this.
Are you sure about the ASC quoting only a 1000 for dent repair + repaint? It sounds too good to be true! If yes, then go for it before they change their mind

There is an alternative, but it would cost almost the same: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2426365 (Paintless Dent repair)

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2012, 17:12   #186
BHPian

Default Re: Strike One :-(

Quote:
You can try any reputed denter or bumper repairer outside. I don't think this should cost more than 200 bucks and some rubbing compound to get rid of most of those ugly marks.
ScorpMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2012, 17:43   #187
BHPian

Quote:

A college kid on a Dio rear-ended the Bee.

Got a quote of 1000 bucks from Maruti guys for fixing the dent and getting the bumper painted.

That's really cheap, maybe the SA does not know what he is talking!!

For something similar I was given an estimate of Rs 4500 for tinkering and painting. I argued stating that new bumper costs itself about 5000 but he said the new swift bumper costs 7000 and the older swift bumper price was 5000.

I have just left it like that cause in our roads the rear bumper is more prone to getting hit by the two wheeler romeos.
zwift1819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2012, 18:47   #188
BHPian

Default Re: BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
That's really cheap, maybe the SA does not know what he is talking!!

For something similar I was given an estimate of Rs 4500 for tinkering and painting. I argued stating that new bumper costs itself about 5000 but he said the new swift bumper costs 7000 and the older swift bumper price was 5000.

I have just left it like that cause in our roads the rear bumper is more prone to getting hit by the two wheeler romeos.
I thought that was rather a cheap quote from MASS too. They seem to be honest guys. Most official body shops will quote over 3k to repair something like that. But getting this done outside will work out much cheaper. 500-1000 bucks for the best job.
Personally I don't like to any dent or scratch on my cars - however small - so get them fixed as they come. Sometimes outside, sometimes with the ***.
one-77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2012, 20:09   #189
BHPian

Default Re: BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg

Sad to see this. I got a scratch on left side ORV M and MASS quoted 800+taxes.
It is only a minor paint work. So according to that 1000 for fixing dent and bumper painting is a better rate. Somewhere i read that MASS is using 3M primer coating. That might be the reason for higher coast. Also you can check with 3M car care at your area.
devil_klm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2012, 10:53   #190
BHPian

Guys lately I have been experiencing vibrations overall when I am in the 5th gear and crossing 80kmph. The vibrations go off after crossing 80kmph. I had done wheel alignment balancing & rotation done about 3 months back and had a long trip down south 1000 kms.

What can be the reason for these vibrations?
Do I need to get the wheel balancing & rotation done again?
Old 27th November 2012, 11:07   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys lately I have been experiencing vibrations overall when I am in the 5th gear and crossing 80kmph. The vibrations go off after crossing 80kmph. I had done wheel alignment balancing & rotation done about 3 months back and had a long trip down south 1000 kms.

What can be the reason for these vibrations?
Do I need to get the wheel balancing & rotation done again?
What kind of vibrations ?
Could you elaborate more ?
Steering vibration ? Transmission vibration ?
F150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2012, 14:20   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
What kind of vibrations ?
Could you elaborate more ?
Steering vibration ? Transmission vibration ?
I feel steering and overall engine vibration.
Old 27th November 2012, 18:11   #193
BANNED

Quote:
I feel steering and overall engine vibration.
I think it should go away with wheel balancing. Get it done one more time. I had also faced a similar problem once and it went away after I got the wheel balanced for the second time at another more reputed place. Let's hope it works. If it doesn't get the engine mounts. But it seems far likely.
anandjha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2012, 21:48   #194
BHPian

I am getting vibrations and rattles over rough roads. SE at MASS was not patient enough to spend time and sort out the issues. He told it ma require to remove the dash and this will result in more vibrations. I found one sound as the shield in front of speedo from numerous trials. Planing to take it to friendly SE at my native.
devil_klm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 11:04   #195
BHPian

Angry Vibrations @ 80 kmph

Guys I have got the following things done till date to get the vibrations which I experience at 80 kmph in fifth gear fixed.

1. Wheel alignment
  2. Balancing
  3. MASS recommended that they change the Air filter assembly.
  4. Tightening of bolts of the engine foundation

The problem is still persisting, I am tired of the lack luster response from Mahalaxmi Auto (MASS). Also there is squeaking noise on taking a sharp full turn. Apparently they have asked their senior trainer to take a look at my car and will require 5-6 days to do a through diagnosis of the issue. This being my daily ride to office I cannot keep the car in at the service station for that long.

I have completed 35k on the odo and the tires look good for another 10-15k.

Please advise as to if I should take the car to another MASS and what could have possible gone kaput, I need some talking points to explain this problem in detail with the MASS guys.

Thanks!

Last edited by Racer_X : 30th April 2013 at 11:07.