Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 11th November 2011, 14:56   #61

Default re: Turbulence and the Renault Fluence EDIT: 4500 kms & a few interior pics

Ramesh, Its really nice to know that you are enjoying your 'Turbulent' Fluence. Also good to know that you have not faced any problems as on date. However I would like to know, since you mentioned the clutch, don't you think the Clutch would wear out pretty quick if you change gears with a half clutch ? Is is THAT hard that you find it uncomfortable to depress the clutch ? Also, you had mentioned a lot a good points about the car, but could you please list a few negatives as well, if any. lolz. I am seriously considering buying the Fluence when the upgraded Diesel gets launched. I hope it's a better buy that the Skoda Laura, Volkswagen Jetta or the Toyota Altis. Whats your take on it ?.
ASTRIKX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2011, 20:59   #62
BHPian

Default re: Turbulence and the Renault Fluence EDIT: 4500 kms & a few interior pics

Hi Astrickx,
The clutch is hard in many diesel cars. It is more pronounced in the first and second gears. Yes,if we drive the car in half clutch,chance of wear and tear is more,but when shifting if the clutch play is less,i don't think it would be an issue. Even otherwise,it is not that hard.
The negative things are

features - no reverse wiper.
no rear A/C vent.
the audio controls takes time to learn.no steering mounted controls.
no reverse sensor or camera.
there is no temp display (outside or inside).
no auto A/C control.

The interior is monotonous .

And finally,the company is new in India, we are still not clear (even themselves) about their strategies !

Did you check in today's paper? There is an ad about the fully featured Fluence,not sure it is the diesel version.
Rameshdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2011, 00:07   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
And finally,the company is new in India, we are still not clear (even themselves) about their strategies !
it was a great write up on your buy and more clear points on your ownership experience in subsequent posts .
But about RENAULT's strategies , i disagree on your point that they themselves are unclear . In fact the 5 car strategy they talked about till 2012 end is almost met with the launch of 2 cars and unveiling the 3rd . the other 2 should fall in place too in 2012 summer and winter . i feel that a new entrant to India bringing in 5 cars in 2 years is itself a achievement .
vishnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2011, 07:41   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnana View Post
it was a great write up on your buy and more clear points on your ownership experience in subsequent posts .
But about RENAULT's strategies , i disagree on your point that they themselves are unclear . In fact the 5 car strategy they talked about till 2012 end is almost met with the launch of 2 cars and unveiling the 3rd . the other 2 should fall in place too in 2012 summer and winter . i feel that a new entrant to India bringing in 5 cars in 2 years is itself a achievement .
Yes,they are launching new cars as promised.
What i meant was,they are just having only one model in each segment. Fluence,one manual diesel,and one AT petrol. Koleos,only one model. Buyers have no choice.
Old 15th December 2011, 16:38   #65
BHPian

Default Turbulence and the Renault Fluence...update 3500KMs

Hello all,
It has been 3 months since i bought the Fluence,and it has now completed 3500 kms. So far,the car is trouble free,there has been no nagging issues or vibrations or sounds. I feel the car is a bit refined too.

I have fixed a reverse camera.

The first service check up is at 10,000 kms,so i presume there is no need to be any oil or filter change till then. (this is my first diesel car,and i am glad i bought a diesel! ).

The mileage i get within and outside city is hovering about 15 kms/lit. With my kind of driving,i am happy with it. My Jazz gives me about 10kms/lit,but it is mainly used in city only.

The good things about the car are its very light steering and the nice suspension. The seating is also in a higher position. I have driven at continous stretches,9 hours ,i have not felt tired or any aches or pains (have a bad back)
Attached Images

Last edited by Rameshdude : 15th December 2011 at 16:55.
Old 16th December 2011, 14:17   #66
BHPian

Great going Ramesh. So happy for you. 15 kmpl is ok if most of the driving is in the city.

BTW, where have you installed the camera? On the bumper or somewhere else? And where did you install the screen. Please post a few pictures and give us details of the overall cost.
druk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2011, 16:47   #67
BHPian

Hi Druk,
Nice to hear from you.
After hearing about the recent spate of car catching fire,i decided to install the camera and sensor from the Renault company direct itself. They attached the camera to my GPS.
The cost of camera came to Rs 7000/ and the sensor plus installation came to Rs 4500/-
Attached Thumbnails
Turbulence and the Renault Fluence EDIT: 4500 kms & a few interior pics-img00166201112201628.jpg  

Turbulence and the Renault Fluence EDIT: 4500 kms & a few interior pics-img00170201112221605a.jpg  

Old 9th January 2012, 20:58   #68
BHPian

hey Rameshdude, how is your car treating you? I took a test drive of the car today and I'm utterly confused. To give you a little info on my never ending car buying fiasco;
I had booked for a VW Jetta to be delivered on 15th of this month. To my shock, i got a call from my VW dealer and told me that i won't get it till feb end.
I didn't want to wait for another 2 months so i called up the Renault dealer and they had a white diesel E4 on stock which is exactly what i wanted. I loved the space and comfort of the car(comparable to jetta IMO) but there are a couple things holding me back. First off, noticeable turbo-lag and engine comes up a bit short on power when compared to the Jetta. Secondly, Renault in india is still kind of an uncharted territory. But at the same time, i loved that the car is loaded to the grills. Now i am completely lost on which way to go.

Could you please share your view on Fluence. Would you recommend this ? What is the mileage on the odo now and did you face any issues/niggles with the car so far? Any help would be great.

Regards
reventon2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 14:25   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reventon2010 View Post
hey Rameshdude, how is your car treating you? I took a test drive of the car today and I'm utterly confused. To give you a little info on my never ending car buying fiasco;
I had booked for a VW Jetta to be delivered on 15th of this month. To my shock, i got a call from my VW dealer and told me that i won't get it till feb end.
I didn't want to wait for another 2 months so i called up the Renault dealer and they had a white diesel E4 on stock which is exactly what i wanted. I loved the space and comfort of the car(comparable to jetta IMO) but there are a couple things holding me back. First off, noticeable turbo-lag and engine comes up a bit short on power when compared to the Jetta. Secondly, Renault in india is still kind of an uncharted territory. But at the same time, i loved that the car is loaded to the grills. Now i am completely lost on which way to go.

Could you please share your view on Fluence. Would you recommend this ? What is the mileage on the odo now and did you face any issues/niggles with the car so far? Any help would be great.

Regards
Hi Reventon,
I have completed 4000 kms last week. So far so good.

Last weekend i had been to Palghat and back. The ride was smooth (considering the road condition).I liked the ride quality and the suspension. It is a smooth drive all along. The interiors though a bit bland, are of good quality and feel. The steering is light. I cruised at 120 km/hr,but you can hardly feel or notice unless you look at the speedometer. There has been no niggles so far. No vibrations or loose parts .I feel the noise within the cabin is less compared to other cars.It has solid build quality too.
Three months back,i drove nine and a half hours continuously, and i still didn't feel any tiredness.
But what this car lacks is in the power. In regular city or highway drive, i feel it is more than sufficient (power is equal to the present Laura). But on steep hair pin bends,this car definitely cries for power. I am not planning to put any "pete's Power kit" as it may void the warranty.
Even with their meager distribution network,they were able to sell a decent number of Fluence. They also give a good warranty schemes too. They are launching new cars/suv ,so i feel they are here to stay.
Service is being handled by TVS, with personnel from Renault also involved. So far i have had no issues with them. The first service is at 10,000 kms. Will know then !
Old 10th January 2012, 14:28   #70
BHPian

I have been getting mileage between 15 to 17 km/lt. I have not been driving light footed at all.
Attached Thumbnails
Turbulence and the Renault Fluence EDIT: 4500 kms & a few interior pics-img00150201112011451.jpg  

Old 10th January 2012, 16:46   #71
BHPian

Thanks Rameshdude. Even on my short test drive, i noticed how supremely plush the ride was. Somehow i still can't pick between the two. Going for Fluence will save me 2lacs. I am planning to take another test drive tomorrow, perhaps a very detailed one. Hopefully, i will have a winner by this weekend!
Old 19th January 2012, 15:32   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Rameshdude. Even on my short test drive, i noticed how supremely plush the ride was. Somehow i still can't pick between the two. Going for Fluence will save me 2lacs. I am planning to take another test drive tomorrow, perhaps a very detailed one. Hopefully, i will have a winner by this weekend!
Hi Reventon,
Did you take a TD? I spoke to the Service Engineer yesterday,It seems Renault has launched an upgraded version of the Fluence Diesel,with ACC,Rear AC, blue tooth ,USB and many other features.
Old 19th January 2012, 20:17   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Reventon,
Did you take a TD? I spoke to the Service Engineer yesterday,It seems Renault has launched an upgraded version of the Fluence Diesel,with ACC,Rear AC, blue tooth ,USB and many other features.
Yeah, i did. I looked at the upgraded one itself, E4. The feature list is the same as on the petrol variant. I am still waiting on the confirmation from VW before i make my final decision.
Old 19th January 2012, 20:22   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, i did. I looked at the upgraded one itself, E4. The feature list is the same as on the petrol variant. I am still waiting on the confirmation from VW before i make my final decision.
How much is the OTR quoted for the E4 variant in Cochin? Is the price difference substantial in comparison with the Jetta?
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2012, 22:02   #75
BHPian

For E4, ex-showroom price is 14.31 and OTR comes to 15.58. For jetta comfortline, its 17.55 OTR. That's almost 2lacs difference.

Feature wise, i think the only difference between e4 diesel and petrol is that the diesel only comes with MT and petrol is AT only.

Last edited by reventon2010 : 19th January 2012 at 22:03.
reventon2010 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote