Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 5th December 2011, 13:00   #61
BHPian

Default re: My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Abhi, not sure if you have posted before. What is the average FE you're able to manage with the 1.8 TSI?

Thanks!
See I generally drive to office and back daily in regular Pune traffic (which is crazy these days). I go at about 10am and come back between 7-8:30pm usually. So decent traffic. Brim to brim I have always got above 12.5kmpl per my calculations. On the MID it shows similar mileage because everytime I take the car out, not once I have reached a place/destination when it has showed more than 7.5Litres/100km average comsumption which translates to 13.33kmpl well in city. Another Example for your better understanding, when I fill it up for Rs 2000 at the bunk with Power or Speed, it goes for about 370kms, lasts me more than a week easily.

This is under normal driving conditions, with occasional sprinting and enjoying the car when traffic allows. I sprint it only when I can see the road empty for another half a km mostly in the nights. Nothing less because one tap on the throttle in 2nd gear upto 4500rpm, you are pretty much done for about half a kilometer, no more throttle needed. It just rolls for the longest time a car has ever rolled

Hope you get the picture.

Highways, it's a different story, MID showing 5.5Litres per 100kms average trip consumption is not uncommon.
abhi1309 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2011, 13:42   #62
Senior - BHPian

Default re: My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by narry View Post
hi
this sure tsi petrol this is car made in europe imported for beijing olypmics
mods i have done is bilstein b6 shock with original spring
tornado tuning box and atc throotle controller
i use 97 petrol which is avaible in china use only shell petrol pump
and k&n 57xx picture attached with heat shrinking sleave
to original car intake
Narry,
Interesting...is your tuning box hanging around loosely right between the steering and instrument cluster (assuming the first picture is taken in portraite mode - camera angled at 90 degrees)?

The yellow heat sink - hmm...does it really sink some heat? Did you verify and by how much? If it really does, why don't manufacturers use this material by default - I wonder.

BTW, did Skoda officially send some cars for Beijing Olympics? That's nice!
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2011, 12:42   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Abhi, not sure if you have posted before. What is the average FE you're able to manage with the 1.8 TSI?

Thanks!
See the snap, I got this today driving to my office (no special measures taken) driven with a normal right foot. This is what it gives when it is a Bank Holiday today is Muharram. I get the same figure on Sundays.

My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed-mileage.jpg

Ignore the other trip figures, I have been randomly filling it up for 2000bucks, haven't brimmed it up for a long time.

Last edited by abhi1309 : 6th December 2011 at 12:44.
abhi1309 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2011, 13:22   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
See the snap, I got this today driving to my office (no special measures taken) driven with a normal right foot. This is what it gives when it is a Bank Holiday today is Muharram. I get the same figure on Sundays.
Good that you took the snap with engine switched off - leaves no questions about whether it's instantaneous or average FE.

BTW, how many kms was this journey and what route?

Cheers!
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2011, 13:27   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Good that you took the snap with engine switched off - leaves no questions about whether it's instantaneous or average FE.

BTW, how many kms was this journey and what route?

Cheers!
When you see that circle with a cross on it, on the left hand side of the figure, it is average trip consumption.

Route - Wanowrie ->MG Road ->Poona Club Inox Road -> Meridian, RTO ->CoEP->Wakdewadi->Aundh Road->Bhau Patil Road->IT Park

14kms one way daily route
abhi1309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2011, 16:10   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That’s quite wonderful numbers indeed. I guess, it’s better than some of the smaller petrol cars. Thanks for sharing the pic
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2011, 16:33   #67
BHPian

Quote:
That’s quite wonderful numbers indeed. I guess, it’s better than some of the smaller petrol cars. Thanks for sharing the pic
Okay more snaps for you all. This is today's figure, I came a little late today to work, down with cold and fever. So the roads were relatively less crowded than they are at 10am on a weekday. This is with a normal right foot since I sprinted nicely twice on 2nd gear. So I won't say light foot. Meanwhile I got the woofer and amp fitted 2 weeks ago. Here are the snaps.

My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed-20111207-11.51.22.jpg

The JBL amp is just kept there under the seat, no cutting to the carpet or drilling anywhere. He used the existing holes in the carpet made for the A/c vents.

My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed-20111207-11.52.09.jpg

Looks completely stock once the seat is in it's normal position

My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed-20111207-11.52.24.jpg

The JBL Tube which I lifted off my Fiesta. The wire is an eyesore, need to hide it behind the bass tube.

My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed-20111207-11.53.36.jpg

The sound was already awesome from the stock system. It lacked the wooffery bass, not the ususal bass which this setup adequately gives. It's a clean setup and there is no compromise on sound thankfully after the setup. The sound quality is awesome with the combination of the original 4 speakers, 4 tweeters and the Sub.
Attached Thumbnails
My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed-20111207-11.51.22.jpg  

My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed-20111207-11.53.36.jpg  

Last edited by abhi1309 : 7th December 2011 at 16:40.
abhi1309 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2011, 17:22   #68
BHPian

Does the stock HU have pre-outs for your amp ? Or you did some other method to connect the Amp ? And may i suggest swap your bass tube for a proper sub. It makes a world of difference.
ethanhunt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2011, 00:39   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Does the stock HU have pre-outs for your amp ? Or you did some other method to connect the Amp ? And may i suggest swap your bass tube for a proper sub. It makes a world of differe for the amp. I just know he put a high pass filer. nce.
No preouts in the head unit. I just know he installed a High Pass file filter. Btw I had a Blaupunkt GTB300 before this. This one is superior.
Old 8th December 2011, 01:42   #70
BHPian

Quote:
When you see that circle with a cross on it, on the left hand side of the figure, it is average trip consumption.

Route - Wanowrie ->MG Road ->Poona Club Inox Road -> Meridian, RTO ->CoEP->Wakdewadi->Aundh Road->Bhau Patil Road->IT Park

14kms one way daily route
hey abhi,

Replace wanowrie with salunke vihar road and keep the rest the same. I did that for 6 years till 2009. Felt nostalgic when u mentioned this.
megazoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2011, 16:49   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
hey abhi,

Replace wanowrie with salunke vihar road and keep the rest the same. I did that for 6 years till 2009. Felt nostalgic when u mentioned this.
I can totally understand that

You were in IT Park?

I have been here for about 7 Years now. Same route yeah.
Old 12th January 2012, 08:44   #72
BANNED

Quote:
hi
check this picture
if you drive rpm 1600 to 1700 you can get this fe in 6th gear
i think there no word to say more
narry
hi now i upgrade my clutch have 20% more power
also i put eibach anti roll
i cannot explain in words here the feeling
Attached Images

narry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 14:18   #73
BHPian

Quote:
hi now i upgrade my clutch have 20% more power
also i put eibach anti roll
i cannot explain in words here the feeling
Dude awesome mods, can we have some pictures of your car? The whole car from a distance, not just the parts/mods
Old 22nd February 2012, 00:52   #74

Hi abhi, I've gone through your report several times and have finally decided to go for this beast.
The pleasure of driving this car was way better than than of the vento or optra diesels.
The only thing I'm skeptic about is, that of all the owners(as per their respective reviews), only you manage to get such high fuel economy figures.
Could it be a problem in your MID? Or are all the other owners really pushing their cars too bad?
Although I've already booked the vehicle, hearing something positive about the fuel figures would please me more.

Thanx
ayush
ayushSRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2012, 22:09   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayushSRV
The only thing I'm skeptic about is, that of all the owners(as per their respective reviews), only you manage to get such high fuel economy figures.
Congrats Ayush! It indeed is a wonderful machine. I'm unsure what mileage abhi has posted, but I can share my experience. I manage to extract between 11 -12 kmpl in city and between 15 -16 kmpl on highways (cruising speeds of around 110kmph with occasional busts). Of course it takes a gentle foot to extract such mileage.

Enjoy!
bloodred is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote