Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2011, 12:35   #31
BHPian
 
ankurvirmani19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 249
Thanked: 76 Times
Default Re: Driven & Compared : The Fluidic Hyundai Verna and The New Ford Fiesta

Nice review Dhanushs

I agree with the pros and cons listed in the review for Verna and Fiesta about their diesel engines. However since the time of their launch minimal no. of petrol burners have been sold, which may be due to the inefficiency of the engines against their counterparts.
According to me if Petrol powered sedans are compared, then i would rather give
Honda City>SX4>Vento>Verna>Fiesta>Linea
ankurvirmani19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2011, 16:46   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
oxyzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Not fixed.
Posts: 1,026
Thanked: 265 Times
Default Re: Driven & Compared : The Fluidic Hyundai Verna and The New Ford Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
I differ from you what you're saying. City, undoubtedly is a great all round package but lack of diesel is a well known Achilles Heel. (with the latest petrol hike, its more evident).
Agreed that City does not have a diesel motor. But that does not make it any less of an allrounder. It is quite powerful, space inside in a segment benchmark, then comes in the bullet proof reliability and badge value. It may not have segment leading Handling and Fit & finish but very people will be complaining about it. And BTW no. of City sold with the petrol motor in much more than any competitor vehicle with both. [/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
Again, Vento interiors are very plain Jane. Misses many basic features like aux, USB, steering mounted controls, etc. And the high cabin noise too.
Plain jane interiors of Vento is hardly a deal breaker. As far as AUX and USB goes changing the HU isnt a big deal. But I disagree on the cabin noise. It is not the noise inside cabin that is bothersome (thanks to good insulation) but it is the noise outside the car that is irritating. I dont think it is a deal breaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
That's an interesting line of thought. I can understand Fiesta, but which ones do the forum members count as deal breakers in case of Verna?
For the driver, where is the Handling? No handling- no point in power.
For the chauffeur driven, where is the underthigh support, where is the window? What window? Its a jail.
People buy Verna because it is a Hyundai. It is a sedan and a good looking one. And it is a Diesel. Period.


Quote:
Originally Posted by junkishya View Post
I always thought Honda City was far superior to Verna, but I'm not getting enough points where City scores above Verna.
1) Space
2) Rear seat confort
3) Engine (The 1.5 Vtec is still the best in business)
4) Honda Badge
5) Handling

I would personally prefer the City for either self driven or chauffeur driven.
And yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedatedDrive View Post
The petrol All New Honda City at its current price is a way better deal than the Vento, Verna and Fiesta.

City 1.5 E MT : Rs. 762,316 ex-showroom Chennai.
oxyzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2011, 17:12   #33
BHPian
 
Sugeeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 352
Thanked: 190 Times
Default Re: Driven & Compared : The Fluidic Hyundai Verna and The New Ford Fiesta

@dhanushs; very good comparison between the two.

I would agree with you on most counts. However, it was the "swing" in the Verna on higher speeds while going over the smallest bumps on the road, which sent me running towards the Fiesta again.

Been 10 days since I've been using the new Fiesta as my daily drive. If I compare it with my previous generation Fiesta, one thing is for sure - I do misss the initial turbo burst.

This Fiesta speeds over a gradient, but is a very stable drive.

I will list the things I have come to love about it soon.
Sugeeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 11:52   #34
Distinguished - BHPian
 
dhanushs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bathery/BLR
Posts: 3,446
Thanked: 4,055 Times
Default Re: Driven & Compared : The Fluidic Hyundai Verna and The New Ford Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
I would agree with you on most counts. However, it was the "swing" in the Verna on higher speeds while going over the smallest bumps on the road, which sent me running towards the Fiesta again.

Been 10 days since I've been using the new Fiesta as my daily drive. If I compare it with my previous generation Fiesta, one thing is for sure - I do misss the initial turbo burst.

This Fiesta speeds over a gradient, but is a very stable drive.

I will list the things I have come to love about it soon.
Fiesta is a sedan best for two people. If my purpose is that, I would certainly go for it over the Verna. Verna can barely match the overall stability and feel of driving a Fiesta.

Sugetha, please do come up with an elaborate report, with lots of pics and fine points of actually using the car. I would be great!. tnx!
dhanushs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 12:25   #35
BHPian
 
teknophobia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 319
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Driven & Compared : The Fluidic Hyundai Verna and The New Ford Fiesta

I've been thinking of buying a sedan and I recently TDed the Verna and the new Fiesta. What I liked about the Verna was the looks (both interior and exterior) and power, however, the steering response and the long throw clutch were major letdowns. Even after driving it for some time, I was not confident at all, in fact, when parking at the end of the TD, I had so little confidence in the car that I had to let one of the drivers park it at the showroom.

A few days later, I tried out the fiesta and have been completely floored. The looks of the Verna may be better, but the fiesta isn't too bad either. However, once you get in the drivers seat, the difference between the two become obvious. I actually felt at home in the seat of the fiesta, had no trouble finding a comfortable driving position and no issues negotiating my way out of the overcrowded parking lot and out through a narrow potholed lane (People in Ahmedabad who've been to the CG road service station will know what I'm referring to).

What I liked:

The seats, the side supports and the driving position.
The perfectly weighted speed sensitive EPAS.
The relatively short turning radius (saves on a lot of those irritating 3 point turns).
Engine response, not much power but more than adequate for city driving esp. because of the lack of turbo lag.
The short throw clutch

What I didn't like
Lack of outright power for those highway runs
interior plastics, esp. in the rear.
The price

In short, as afar as I am concerned, the fiesta is leagues ahead of the verna. I'm just waiting for the (inevitable) special editions to book mine .
teknophobia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 13:49   #36
BHPian
 
teknophobia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 319
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Driven & Compared : The Fluidic Hyundai Verna and The New Ford Fiesta

Strangely enough, the sales guy called about half an hour back, they're now offering around 50k discount on the petrol Fiesta - bringing the price difference between the titanium versions to about 1.72l, I'm tempted
teknophobia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 21:25   #37
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 23
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Driven & Compared : The Fluidic Hyundai Verna and The New Ford Fiesta

Enough has been said about Verna's bad handling but I'm not sure how many have actually driven it and just going by some reports or short test drives. I have taken my Verna above 180 four times so far and today I beat my own record by clocking 200 with fully loaded car (five adults and two kids) and nobody could feel that the car was cruising at 200 KMPH on Hyderabad Express way. I think it has something to do with load also because I get a bit of body roll when I travel alone on high speed but it's not something which can't be mastered. The only thing I never liked is that THWAK sound when it falls in a potholes but otherwise softer suspension does great jobs in Indian roads which are more like off roads.
rajandroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2011, 19:32   #38
BHPian
 
aaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Indore
Posts: 164
Thanked: 252 Times
Default Re: Driven & Compared : The Fluidic Hyundai Verna and The New Ford Fiesta

Excellent comparo. A no-nonsencial report that is Crisp and clear. It is a disappointment to see Ford making, in my opinion, a waste of so much of time and energy in developing a product that has two halves - the front part and the rear part.
aaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My new "Fluidic" Hyundai Verna 1.6L Diesel jk007 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 84 5th February 2015 12:43
My new car - The New Fluidic Hyundai Verna 1.6 SX(O) CRDI MT gandavadi Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 28 24th July 2012 15:06
Old Verna vs Fluidic Verna : A Comparison amitwadhwa Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 13 10th July 2012 21:30
Driven! Vento, Optra, Linea, SX4, Manza. EDIT: Fluidic Verna (pg4), New Fiesta (Pg5) Poitive Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 117 25th February 2012 02:04
A Fluidic Masterpiece: The New Hyundai Verna over.drive Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 13 21st December 2011 09:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:29.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks