Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 14th September 2011, 16:09   #16
BHPian

Default Re: My Superman (Chevrolet Cruze LT 2011)

Congratulations ChromeBoy ! One thread that I had been eagerly waiting for as I want to know how the interiors of the Cruze LT looked like. Can you post more interior pictures and give your feedback on the interior in comparison with others in the segment.

EDIT - Is the central arm rest non-black. It looks more like the old beige leather. Does that look odd ?

Last edited by SR-71 : 14th September 2011 at 16:13.
SR-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2011, 16:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations for getting a Chevrolet Cruze.

Nice review and pictures. Do keep the thread updated regularly.

Wishing you happy and safe driving!
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2011, 17:46   #18
BHPian

Congratulations and a warm welcome to the cruze club. Just like you i'm also a performance junkie and hence opted for cruze which offers the best adrenaline rush among diesel cars below 20 lakhs.
I find cruze to be a decent handler and better tyres definitely improve the handling further. But its an excellent straight line car and the steering weights up very nicely at high speeds and the stability is also very good.
Once again congrats for owning this beast!
ashish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2011, 21:51   #19
BHPian

Congratulations on getting the beast. I too have the red velvet cruze. Everytime I am on highway it brings smile to my face.
pach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2011, 23:24   #20
BHPian

Congrats chromeboy! I was in the same boat a few months back but ended going for the laura elegance automatic. Enjoy the car and good decision in buying the LT. The extra features aint worth another 1.5laks.
BTW, you are first guy i know to say something good about sundaram motors !!
vinj14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2011, 23:38   #21
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Chrome Boy. Excellent write up and a good choice. Cruze is very addictive.

OT: Since you drive down to Ranipet and since your name has "chrome", are you related to the leather industry?
MAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2011, 23:55   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
I test drove the Laura TSi. I loved the car except that it was petrol. My usage is 30,000 kms a year and that justified buying a diesel.
Did you not consider the Laura diesel?
If yes, what weaned you away?
If no, why?
n.devdath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 00:37   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pach View Post
Congratulations on getting the beast. I too have the red velvet cruze. Everytime I am on highway it brings smile to my face.
Don't smile while Cruzing on the highway. You need to have a grim mean look to go with the face of the car.

The Cruze is serious business!
SedatedDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 09:39   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Super-man, the color aptly suits the name . You had mentioned that you have stuck front windshield as well so sticking the mobile holder would not mess with the sun film?
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 11:50   #25
BHPian

Thanks for your wishes Shome, bluevolt and Pach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedatedDrive View Post
Excellent review of an amazing car, Chrome6boy! This is the second red Cruze on Team BHP if I am not mistaken.

I recommend a tyre upgrade as better grip means improved safety for such a powerful car, especially on bad roads at your place. Please consider this.
Thanks SedatedDrive, I was going to upgrade my tyres without upsizing, but imported tyres' sidewalls are apparently a lot thinner and tend to wear out a lot sooner than Indian tyres. But your point is taken, I'll seriously consider upgrading once these wear out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedatedDrive View Post
Srikanth was my SE too and is a thorough professional. Even today when I take my car for an impromptu check (quite a fussy, possessive car owner that I am), I would always call him up and he would within minutes meet me and ensure that I am not kept waiting for a service engineer.

All said, Sundaram Motors is still behind in atmosphere when compared to Sundaram Honda and it is such SEs who are its saving grace.

He's a nice guy isn't he? Sundaram motors need to upgrade their chevy showroom as well, their Honda showroom next door is much nicer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Small correction here. Unless I am mistaken, the current Cruze has the 5MT (LT & LTZ) or a 6AT (LTZ Auto).

However, there are strong rumours that along with the impending Captiva engine upgrade and facelift, the Cruze will also get the same 2.2 liter EuroV monster with a 6MT as already launched in parts of the EU.

Also, quick question:

In your 3rd and 5th picture, the left and right shutlines/gap between the bonnet and the grill/headlight corner seems different with the left sitting slightly higher than the right (when viewing the car from front). Is it for reall or am I reading too much into it :-)?
You're right, its a 5 speed manual and a 6 speed automatic. The facelift is rumoured, but they apparently haven't started testing the cars yet and no photos have cropped up yet in India of the cars being tested. The 2.2 litre will really be a monster!

when looking at my car I can't discern the shutline differences, you may have a keener eye than me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Congratulations Chromeboy,

Good choice, the car looks more beastly in Red rather than manly. Should you name it otherwise?

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.
Thanks ghodlur, I almost called it the Phoenix (from the X-Men comics) but that was a girl too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Many congrats Chrome6boy. It is a Superman indeed. Wish you many happy miles with the mean machine.

Nice review too.

Even my wife and kids wanted me to buy the Cruze but since I was looking more for the rear seat comfort, I opted for Optra.

Congrats once again.
Good choice NoRules, like I had mentioned before I loved the car and the comfort, but the choice was not mine alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Congratulations ChromeBoy ! One thread that I had been eagerly waiting for as I want to know how the interiors of the Cruze LT looked like. Can you post more interior pictures and give your feedback on the interior in comparison with others in the segment.

EDIT - Is the central arm rest non-black. It looks more like the old beige leather. Does that look odd ?
The arm rest is actually a dark grey, it looks like beige in the photo perhaps because of my cell phone camera and the tint on my windshield. I'll try taking better photos in my Camera this weekend and post them on here for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
Congratulations and a warm welcome to the cruze club. Just like you i'm also a performance junkie and hence opted for cruze which offers the best adrenaline rush among diesel cars below 20 lakhs.
I find cruze to be a decent handler and better tyres definitely improve the handling further. But its an excellent straight line car and the steering weights up very nicely at high speeds and the stability is also very good.
Once again congrats for owning this beast!
Thanks asish22, I'll be sure to keep your comments in mind when I upgrade my tyres after 40,000 kms. My budget barely permitted me to buy this car. Luckily until now I've been satisfied with the stock tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
Congrats chromeboy! I was in the same boat a few months back but ended going for the laura elegance automatic. Enjoy the car and good decision in buying the LT. The extra features aint worth another 1.5laks.
BTW, you are first guy i know to say something good about sundaram motors !!
My friend has the Laura Elegance Automatic, I liked the 140 bhp under the hood and the amazing DSG gearbox which negated the turbo lag completely!

Sundaram motors has a bad reputation in general, but KLN seemed a little shady just because they brought a brand new car for test drive. I felt it was dishonest. My SE made up for the dealership with his good service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Congrats Chrome Boy. Excellent write up and a good choice. Cruze is very addictive.

OT: Since you drive down to Ranipet and since your name has "chrome", are you related to the leather industry?
Thanks and good catch MAS, I am from the leather industry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Did you not consider the Laura diesel?
If yes, what weaned you away?
If no, why?
My budget was already stretched and didn't want to spend more than 14.5L. The base Laura diesel comes in a 110 bhp, while if we spend more then we get the 140 bhp Laura. So I had to spend considerably more to get a car with comparable power. Also some people on the forum said that Skoda service is notorious, so I stayed away. They make fantastic cars though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Congrats on the Super-man, the color aptly suits the name . You had mentioned that you have stuck front windshield as well so sticking the mobile holder would not mess with the sun film?
Thanks. Good point motomaverick, I asked the guy who stuck it and he said there should be no problems. Also he recommended I do not frequently remove it and stick it again. Perhaps I should consider changing to a vent dock.
Chrome6Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 11:59   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Good point motomaverick, I asked the guy who stuck it and he said there should be no problems. Also he recommended I do not frequently remove it and stick it again. Perhaps I should consider changing to a vent dock.
Yeah i guess it would be good to go for a vent dock. Btw which brand of sunfilm you fixed and how much they costed?
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 12:10   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Yeah i guess it would be good to go for a vent dock. Btw which brand of sunfilm you fixed and how much they costed?
I got 3M (CR 70 for the windshield and RE 35). I paid 3,000 for the windows and rear wind shield. I paid 7,000 for the front windshield. I searched around in the forums and that price was comparable to cars of a similar size like Laura.
Old 15th September 2011, 17:26   #28
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: My Superman (Cruze LT 2011)

Congrats mate! Drive safe

Quote:
Chevy seems to have routed the indicator noise into the stereo system, so when we engage the indicator the sound plays out of the speakers! I have upgraded my ICE and installed components with an AMP. Since there are no pre-outs in the stock ICE I used a Focal high low converter which automatically switches off the amp when we are not using the sound system. So effectively when I'm not listening to music the indicator chime plays out of the component speakers while the amp is off. So you barely hear it. If you are playing loud music the indicator chime is quite loud.
This is too hard to believe, is this true?
anachronix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 20:38   #29
BHPian

Default Re: My Superman (Cruze LT 2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Congrats mate! Drive safe

This is too hard to believe, is this true?
I think its true. Maybe another Cruze owner can chime in, please check out the prob #2 in the link below.But I don't have that problem, its the opposite actually. When my amp turns off, I can't hear my turn signal any more.

Need to change My audio system - Chevrolet Cruze Forum

source Chevrolet Cruze Forum, Chevrolet Cruze Owners, Chevrolet Cruze Photos, Chevrolet Cruze Quality, Chevrolet Cruze Mods, Chevrolet Cruze Accessories, Chevrolet Cruze Reviews
Old 15th September 2011, 20:56   #30
Senior - BHPian

Brilliantly penned! And a blazing choice of color which sets the tarmac blazing!

Congrats on the beastly oil burner
sachinj12 is offline   Reply With Quote