Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2011, 08:12   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,250
Thanked: 1,241 Times
Default Re: My Superman (Cruze LT 2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
I think its true. Maybe another Cruze owner can chime in, please check out the prob #2 in the link below.But I don't have that problem, its the opposite actually. When my amp turns off, I can't hear my turn signal any more.

Need to change My audio system - Chevrolet Cruze Forum

source Chevrolet Cruze Forum, Chevrolet Cruze Owners, Chevrolet Cruze Photos, Chevrolet Cruze Quality, Chevrolet Cruze Mods, Chevrolet Cruze Accessories, Chevrolet Cruze Reviews
From the same source and few posts below...

Quote:
Problem 2: You then tell us that you have changed the speakers, and that you have added an amplifier and I think I'm correct in assuming that you have somehow connected the amplifier into the radio loom directly as there is no adapter available. I have some bad news for you! You can't mess about with the wiring in modern cars in this way! All modern cars electronics are computer controlled. I'm not going to go into pulsed signals and other gems of the electronics world, but suffice to say that the system is known as a CANBUS and is not a thing you should meddle with as it controls lighting, sensors and safety systems. This is the probable reason why you have problems with the seat-belt warning, blinker and park sensor. The only way you can safely install another radio/amplifier is with a Chevrolet approved adapter, or by taking a fused lead directly from the battery.
If this is true, you have messed with the factory wiring which you are not supposed to.

However, my knowledge on Cruze is very very limited and I would wait other Cruze owners to clarify!
anachronix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 10:19   #32
BHPian
 
SedatedDrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Concord, NH
Posts: 263
Thanked: 130 Times
Default Re: My Superman (Chevrolet Cruze LT 2011)

I do not have this issue. I have stock speakers and audio. When my music is loud I can barely hear the indicators or the seat belt warning.
SedatedDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2011, 18:06   #33
BHPian
 
Chrome6Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 149
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: My Superman (Cruze LT 2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
From the same source and few posts below...



If this is true, you have messed with the factory wiring which you are not supposed to.

However, my knowledge on Cruze is very very limited and I would wait other Cruze owners to clarify!
I don't have any big issue with my current system, its just that GM decided to route the chimes through the tweeters and when my amp is off the tweeters don't make much of a sound at all. The problem mentioned in that forum is that the chime is too loud and that is not what has happened in my car. Perhaps GM was cutting cost by not installing a separate speaker for the chime.

Please see link below.

Need to change My audio system - Chevrolet Cruze Forum - Page 2
Chrome6Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 11:59   #34
BHPian
 
Chrome6Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 149
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: My Superman (Chevrolet Cruze LT 2011)

Just completed a month with my Superman. All system are a go! I've hit 2,000 kms and no problems whatsoever. I've started getting used to a big car in the city, especially since I used to mostly drive the Getz around in Chennai. Even though the car looks big, it feels easy to drive in the city once we get a hang of its power band and when the turbo kicks in. The steering is not super light like the honda city but not too hard either. EPS has its advantages in the city.

On the highway it is amazing, I've started to get a hang of which rpm to switch gears and how much to trust its cornering and handling capabilities. Seeing as I decided to stick to stock tires, straight line braking is not fantastic, but still not scary either. Certainly better than the other cars I've been driving. Cornering seems to be ok, it takes the curves on the Chennai - Bangalore highway at 120 kmph without any squealing or shaking. It has a harder ride than the elantra which has a softer more comfort oriented suspension, but its a lot better handler than the elantra. The steering is tight enough at high speeds, but doesn't give nearly the same amount of feedback as the Getz did with its hydraulic steering unit.

After having driven my car a little carefully until 1500 kms, I finally let the power rip a few times. Please note I took all safety precautions and only drove fast when the highway was empty and no pedestrians in sight. I hit a max of 170 kmph a few times very very easily. The car felt like it could easily accelerate past 200. Didn't feel like redlining the car as you feel the torque fall off after 3,800 rpm, but changing gear from 1st till 5th at 3800 is really awesome and even feels a little scary at times. This car is really powerful.

Looking back, I'm very happy to have purchased this car over the Fluidic Verna, I hope this feeling lasts for the next 5 years.
Chrome6Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 16:07   #35
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,729
Thanked: 7,893 Times
Default Re: My Superman (Chevrolet Cruze LT 2011)

I just happened to come across this thread and seems strange especially since I dont miss any Cruze threads

Congratulations for buying the Cruze and also for completing a month. Also, welcome to the LT club. When I bought mine, even i couldnt afford it and after driving it once, i just took the plunge and decided to sort the financial mess later on ( that's the power of its insane torque & accelaration)

Upgrading tyres immediately after purchase would have improved the ride, handling and cabin noise more than you would have expected. Sad, that you didnt. Though, I agree its not a flat on corner car but, with some perfection and understanding of its power and torque band, you can still corner this car at some indecent speeds on a open 4-laned sans traffic highways.

The color choice looks good but, Cruze never seems to sell many units for this color. Wish they made this a blood/tomato red ( same as the Octavia or Accent Viva) and perhaps, more units of that color would move.

Look forward to regular update of this thread along with pictures as time passes.

With power comes responsibility: Drive Safe !!!
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 17:00   #36
BHPian
 
rangakishen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Gothenburg
Posts: 200
Thanked: 87 Times
Default Re: My Superman (Chevrolet Cruze LT 2011)

Hello,
Congratulations on this awesome car!! This is one my favorite colours (other being black). Look really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
The steering is tight enough at high speeds, but doesn't give nearly the same amount of feedback as the Getz did with its hydraulic steering unit.
You seem to have indicated that Cruze has EPS. IIRC Cruze has a hydraulic power steering system. Please do confirm!!

Enjoy your car!! Wish you many many happy miles with it!!
rangakishen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 17:20   #37
BHPian
 
Chrome6Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 149
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: My Superman (Chevrolet Cruze LT 2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I just happened to come across this thread and seems strange especially since I dont miss any Cruze threads

Congratulations for buying the Cruze and also for completing a month. Also, welcome to the LT club. When I bought mine, even i couldnt afford it and after driving it once, i just took the plunge and decided to sort the financial mess later on ( that's the power of its insane torque & accelaration)

Upgrading tyres immediately after purchase would have improved the ride, handling and cabin noise more than you would have expected. Sad, that you didnt. Though, I agree its not a flat on corner car but, with some perfection and understanding of its power and torque band, you can still corner this car at some indecent speeds on a open 4-laned sans traffic highways.

The color choice looks good but, Cruze never seems to sell many units for this color. Wish they made this a blood/tomato red ( same as the Octavia or Accent Viva) and perhaps, more units of that color would move.
Your thread was the main reason for me buying this car, I even asked you questions on your thread and you were very helpful. Red wasn't my first choice, I liked either the white or the black, but my daughter and wife wanted the red. The Viva red would have been more manly I think, oh well.

I was on a budget and didn't want to put more money into tyres, I'll definitely consider imported tyres after 40,000 kms or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangakishen View Post
Hello,
Congratulations on this awesome car!! This is one my favorite colours (other being black). Look really good.



You seem to have indicated that Cruze has EPS. IIRC Cruze has a hydraulic power steering system. Please do confirm!!

Enjoy your car!! Wish you many many happy miles with it!!
Thanks rangakishen, black looks fantastic, in my opinion even better than the red. Check out the link below, it seems to confirm the new Cruze has the EPS , perhaps other Cruze owners can confirm. I guess I could also check under the hood to see if there is a power steering fluid tank. But all new cars seem to be switching to EPS probably to cut cost.

2011 LT1 RS steering - Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums
Chrome6Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 17:45   #38
BHPian
 
sameer sultan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 322
Thanked: 232 Times
Default Re: My Superman (Chevrolet Cruze LT 2011)

Congrats for the Superman Chrome6Boy. Red is Hot looking on the Cruze. You will love the car more as you gobble up miles.

Happy Cruzing.
sameer sultan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 18:53   #39
MDe
BHPian
 
MDe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 134
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: My Superman (Chevrolet Cruze LT 2011)

Congratulations Chrome6Boy! Excellent choice of car and I am sure you will enjoy every bit of it.

As far as the chimes are concerned, mine doesnt chime through the speakers. Even the indicator sound doesnt come through the speaker. I have the OEM unit and it works fine. I am not sure how these sounds are routed to your speakers.
MDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2011, 06:21   #40
BHPian
 
Gautam Misra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bhubaneshwar
Posts: 220
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: My Superman (Cruze LT 2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
That's my cell phone dock. Bought it from a cell phone accessories shop in chennai for rs. 700.
Congratulations on buying a car which is now considered as the Segment leader.

On seeing the pics of the Cell Phone Dock, one gets a feeling that it might be a big hindrance in the view from the side. It appears as if it is an extension of the A pillar.
Gautam Misra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2011, 10:16   #41
BHPian
 
Chrome6Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 149
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: My Superman (Cruze LT 2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
Congratulations Chrome6Boy! Excellent choice of car and I am sure you will enjoy every bit of it.

As far as the chimes are concerned, mine doesnt chime through the speakers. Even the indicator sound doesnt come through the speaker. I have the OEM unit and it works fine. I am not sure how these sounds are routed to your speakers.
Thanks MDe, perhaps I was wrong after all, I still hear the indicator chime coming from the speakers. But now I'm not so sure anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautam Misra View Post
Congratulations on buying a car which is now considered as the Segment leader.

On seeing the pics of the Cell Phone Dock, one gets a feeling that it might be a big hindrance in the view from the side. It appears as if it is an extension of the A pillar.
Thanks Gautam Misra. While driving I don't find the cell phone an interference at all, its probably the angle you're looking at it from. Its tucked away in such a way that is barely blocks your view of the windshield and also is in your line of sight in case you need to answer a call or change the song.
Chrome6Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2011, 15:54   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
Vik0728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,738
Thanked: 2,150 Times
Default Re: My Superman (Chevrolet Cruze LT 2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
Just completed a month with my Superman. All system are a go! I've hit 2,000 kms and no problems whatsoever. I've started getting used to a big car in the city, especially since I used to mostly drive the Getz around in Chennai. The steering is tight enough at high speeds, but doesn't give nearly the same amount of feedback as the Getz did with its hydraulic steering unit.
Hey Chrome6Boy, first off, hearty congrats on your Road legal Rocket.

I can only imagine the kind of fun you might be having on your drives now.

Since you have owned Getz, how would you compare the rare bench comfort with Cruze.
I know Im probably comparing 2 different breeds here, but I have not sat in a Cruze myself and have only read many owners complaining about the rear bench space.
Vik0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2011, 16:20   #43
BHPian
 
Chrome6Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 149
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: My Superman (Chevrolet Cruze LT 2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey Chrome6Boy, first off, hearty congrats on your Road legal Rocket.

I can only imagine the kind of fun you might be having on your drives now.

Since you have owned Getz, how would you compare the rare bench comfort with Cruze.
I know Im probably comparing 2 different breeds here, but I have not sat in a Cruze myself and have only read many owners complaining about the rear bench space.
Thanks Vik0728!

I have spent very little time the back seat of the Cruze, since I'm driving the car almost all the time. However the little time I did spend, I found it to be more spacious than the Getz. I think most of the people complaining about the rear bench space are comparing it to other cars in its segment like the Civic or Corolla. I have sat in the Laura and I find the rear space between the two cars quite similar. The seats are firm which are a boon for long drives but can get a little tiresome in the city.

But if anyone is considering buying this car, rear seat comfort must not be a priority for them. This is a car tuned in every way for the Driver's comfort and enthusiasm. The Corolla gives excellent rear seat comfort and is ideal for the driver who is light footed or likes to be chauffeured around.

No car is perfect huh?
Chrome6Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2011, 12:07   #44
BHPian
 
Chrome6Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 149
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: My Superman (Chevrolet Cruze LT 2011)

Hello All. I completed 3500 kms in a month and a half with my Superman. I made a trip to Bangalore last week and had a blast. Everything worked as expected and my car gave me my best ever mileage of 13.1 km/l (tank full to tank full).

There was a minor incident where I was cruising at 110 kmph between Krishnagiri and Vaniambadi when a goat decided to cross the road from the median (please no "Why did the goat cross the road?" jokes.). Luckily there was no other car in the neighbouring lane and I swerved to the left while braking hard. Remember I chose to stick to stock tyres. The car took it all in its stride and didn't lose the least bit of control. This was the first time I thanked my stars I didn't choose the Fluidic Verna. I felt safe and my family felt safe. As always all of us were strapped in safely.

But this also means I'll probably be upgrading my tyres to an imported tyre when 40,000 kms comes around (long way to go).
Chrome6Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2011, 13:43   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
Vik0728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,738
Thanked: 2,150 Times
Default Re: My Superman (Chevrolet Cruze LT 2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
Thanks Vik0728!

I have spent very little time the back seat of the Cruze, since I'm driving the car almost all the time. However the little time I did spend, I found it to be more spacious than the Getz. I think most of the people complaining about the rear bench space are comparing it to other cars in its segment like the Civic or Corolla. I have sat in the Laura and I find the rear space between the two cars quite similar. The seats are firm which are a boon for long drives but can get a little tiresome in the city.

But if anyone is considering buying this car, rear seat comfort must not be a priority for them. This is a car tuned in every way for the Driver's comfort and enthusiasm. The Corolla gives excellent rear seat comfort and is ideal for the driver who is light footed or likes to be chauffeured around.

No car is perfect huh?
Couldn't agree more with you Chrome6Boy. The reason why I was curious about Getz was since you have owned one.

Good to know that you were able to hold on to "The Beast" while "The Bakra" crossed the road.
You sure tire upgrade will happen only at 40k kms?? I was expecting to read an immediate tire change post that incident>

Last edited by Vik0728 : 11th October 2011 at 13:44.
Vik0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chevrolet Cruze stolen from the Treo Chevrolet (Okhla) service center! wilful Street Experiences 16 1st August 2014 13:55
Choosing to Cruze - Chevrolet Cruze LTZ AT. (First 500 kms) a.sundaram Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 47 22nd April 2014 16:46
Chevrolet Cruze or the Chevrolet Optra - Which car and why? blueorchid Sedans 105 18th November 2011 10:03
Hyundai Verna Fluidic Vs. Chevrolet Optra Magnum vs Chevrolet Cruze soulweaver Sedans 55 3rd October 2011 10:48
“Superman” camera sees through clothes nishantgandhi Shifting gears 8 16th March 2008 00:35


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:25.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks