Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2011, 13:51   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
m4ugr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,291
Thanked: 123 Times
Default Re: My New Daily Drive : Chevy Cruze A/T plus 5000KMs Initial report

Got the 10000 KMs service done. Oil Change, oil filter, Air filter, Wheel Alignment balancing and got the interiors dry cleaned as well.

Total damage to my pocket 11500/-. Got the service done from Metro Chevrolet service station at Vasant Kunj. Mr Dinesh was very helpful and addressed all the problems. Recommended for the South Delhi Chevy owners.
m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2011, 00:15   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,960
Thanked: 1,714 Times
Default Re: My New Daily Drive : Chevy Cruze A/T plus 5000KMs Initial report

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Got the 10000 KMs service done. Oil Change, oil filter, Air filter, Wheel Alignment balancing and got the interiors dry cleaned as well.

Total damage to my pocket 11500/-
Can you post the break up please? This seems to be on the higher side.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2011, 01:19   #18
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,055
Thanked: 6,602 Times
Default Re: My New Daily Drive : Chevy Cruze A/T plus 5000KMs Initial report

Now that is one hot Cruze. Love that colour and those alloys look smashing too. I'm a sucker for these BBS-esque spyder-alloys. What is the ride like with those 17". The 50 profile should help matters around corners, but does it make the ride stiff?

I've seen several Citys with 17" wheels and 205 section tyres with 40 profiles and wonder how these guys drive their cars on such horrible Bangalore roads. There is one guy who owns a white Civic, not far from home, and his Honda rides on 20" wheels on 35 profiles!

So 50-profile, theoretically, shouldn't pose a problem.

What other mods have you planned for your Cruze? May I suggest a touch-screen sat-nav/HUD? And how about a digital diesel tuning box while you're at it. One can never get 'enough' of power!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2011, 09:16   #19
Distinguished - BHPian
 
nkrishnap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,494
Thanked: 4,110 Times
Default Re: My New Daily Drive : Chevy Cruze A/T plus 5000KMs Initial report

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Mods done on the car till now

1. 3D Kagu Mats
2. Philips 6000k H4 Headlight HIDs
3. Philips 6000k H11 Fog Light HIDs
4. Philips Parking bulbs
5. Philips DRLs.

All done from Motor Concept in New Delhi, lovely new store which has everything under one roof.
First congrats on the Diesel Rocket. Enjoy many more happy miles with the rocket.

I would need help in knowing the prices of the DRLs?

Thanks in advance.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2011, 17:18   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
m4ugr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,291
Thanked: 123 Times
Default Re: My New Daily Drive : Chevy Cruze A/T plus 5000KMs Initial report

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Can you post the break up please? This seems to be on the higher side.
Need to check the bill for exact price break up. Oil Change is approx 6500 on this, plus Dry clean of interiors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Now that is one hot Cruze. Love that colour and those alloys look smashing too. I'm a sucker for these BBS-esque spyder-alloys. What is the ride like with those 17". The 50 profile should help matters around corners, but does it make the ride stiff?

I've seen several Citys with 17" wheels and 205 section tyres with 40 profiles and wonder how these guys drive their cars on such horrible Bangalore roads. There is one guy who owns a white Civic, not far from home, and his Honda rides on 20" wheels on 35 profiles!

So 50-profile, theoretically, shouldn't pose a problem.

What other mods have you planned for your Cruze? May I suggest a touch-screen sat-nav/HUD? And how about a digital diesel tuning box while you're at it. One can never get 'enough' of power!
Ride is stiff but not back breaking, very acceptable. The stability which has improved with the tire upgrade makes up everything. I am also a Die hard fan of these BBS style rims. My Civic also had these similar rims earlier. Touchscreen in the future maybe no immediate plans. No tunning boxes on this for sure. Quite happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
First congrats on the Diesel Rocket. Enjoy many more happy miles with the rocket.

I would need help in knowing the prices of the DRLs?

Thanks in advance.
These are the Philips DRLs with auto dimming function. They costed me 8500/-
m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2011, 17:21   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
m4ugr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,291
Thanked: 123 Times
Default Re: My New Daily Drive : Chevy Cruze A/T plus 5000KMs Initial report

Got the tail lamps changed to the E-Class style LED lamps and also got Sunfilm installed, Llumar platinum series, PP60 in the front and Steel35 on the sides and rear glass. Also got the sunroof covered in the same ST35 spec. Total cost of sunfilm with installation 7500/-. Got it done from Driven.
Attached Thumbnails
My New Daily Drive : Chevy Cruze A/T plus 5000KMs Initial report-img2011110700180.jpg  

My New Daily Drive : Chevy Cruze A/T plus 5000KMs Initial report-img2011110700181.jpg  

My New Daily Drive : Chevy Cruze A/T plus 5000KMs Initial report-img2011110700183.jpg  

My New Daily Drive : Chevy Cruze A/T plus 5000KMs Initial report-img2011110700184.jpg  

m4ugr8 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2011, 17:50   #22
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,055
Thanked: 6,602 Times
Default Re: My New Daily Drive : Chevy Cruze A/T plus 5000KMs Initial report

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Got the tail lamps changed to the E-Class style LED lamps and also got Sunfilm installed, Llumar platinum series, PP60 in the front and Steel35 on the sides and rear glass. Also got the sunroof covered in the same ST35 spec. Total cost of sunfilm with installation 7500/-. Got it done from Driven.
Ooh nice lights! They look fab when the Sun goes down, I must say! I mistook a Cruze with these lights for the Mercedes E-Class. They're a great addition, IMO.

Now generally, I would always advocate a clean, no-nonsense, minimal-kit car, but I'm going to suggest this diffuser-exhaust kit. I think it looks brilliant and should give your car a unique look!

Name:  Chevrolet_Cruze_Rear_Diffuser.jpg
Views: 5401
Size:  71.2 KB
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2011, 17:13   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
itwasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 2,273
Thanked: 1,337 Times
Default Re: My New Daily Drive : Chevy Cruze A/T plus 5000KMs Initial report

Nice! Were the rear lights direct plug-n-play and are they CANBUS-compliant? Any error codes from the ECU due to the reduced current draw?

Please post some pictures of the lit rear lights in daylight, twilight and pitch darkness. Am being greedy here :-)
itwasntme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2011, 18:24   #24
BHPian
 
DeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 418
Thanked: 153 Times
Default Re: My New Daily Drive : Chevy Cruze A/T plus 5000KMs Initial report

m4ugr8,
Could you please shed some light on the 6000k Philips HID's? How are they? Do they blind the oncoming car?
What was the installation procedure and what all is involved? Did warranty get affected?

Thanks in advance
DeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 00:20   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
aparth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,048
Thanked: 614 Times
Default Re: My New Daily Drive : Chevy Cruze A/T plus 5000KMs Initial report

Spotted your Cruze near Kailash Colony a few days ago.
The daytime running LED's look great and really stand out even during the daytime!
aparth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2012, 22:56   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
m4ugr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,291
Thanked: 123 Times
Default Re: My New Daily Drive : Chevy Cruze A/T plus 5000KMs Initial report

Quite lately the car has been giving me niggling problems and the biggest shock came today

1. The Sunroof all of a sudden stopped working, I reached my destination only to find that the sunroof won't close, The thing opened as I left home, but upon reaching it simply shut down, on getting it checked at the A.S.S, found out the wiring had gone bad and they had to change it.

2. The A/C also stopped working, the thing would keep throwing hot AIR even after the turning the knob to full LO setting, after getting the same checked found out the coupler behind the knob had loosen up, hence it got stuck to the heater mode.

3. Today morning while starting the car, I observed a CEL on the dash and the car was behaving abnormally, on again driving into the A.S.S, I was informed that the battery leaked and has damaged the wiring of the car, end result the entire wiring harness of the car needs to be changed. The parts are now being sourced from the factory and the car is stationary for a week's time. Though i am happy all of this is being taken care under warranty, but these drives to the A.S.S so often are getting irritating and specially on a 6 Month old car
m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2012, 14:34   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
m4ugr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,291
Thanked: 123 Times
Default Re: My New Daily Drive : Chevy Cruze A/T plus 5000KMs Initial report

Its 31st March today and the car is still stationary with Chevrolet and they are trying to source the wiring part for me. I got a call from the service center who suggested I take this matter with Chevrolet India as they can't tell me a date when they will rectify the problem. I have lodged a complain and also dropped them a mail. I shall keep updating the thread as things progress.
m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012, 11:49   #28
BHPian
 
d_himan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 728
Thanked: 589 Times
Default Re: My New Daily Drive : Chevy Cruze A/T plus 5000KMs Initial report

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Its 31st March today and the car is still stationary with Chevrolet and they are trying to source the wiring part for me. I got a call from the service center who suggested I take this matter with Chevrolet India as they can't tell me a date when they will rectify the problem. I have lodged a complain and also dropped them a mail. I shall keep updating the thread as things progress.
20 days + of waiting and potentially a couple of weeks more!! Have they had the courtesy to provide you with a loaner car till then?

Incidentally, I'm wondering if the sunroof wiring change caused this whole mess.
d_himan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 11:18   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
m4ugr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,291
Thanked: 123 Times
Default Re: My New Daily Drive : Chevy Cruze A/T plus 5000KMs Initial report

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
20 days + of waiting and potentially a couple of weeks more!! Have they had the courtesy to provide you with a loaner car till then?

Incidentally, I'm wondering if the sunroof wiring change caused this whole mess.
No Loaner car whatsoever, I even requested them for the same to which they simply ignored, I hope thats what you get from Chevrolet after buying one of their flagship models

I doubt, the sunroof problem was traced to a simple loose connector behind the operating panel.

I have contacted chevrolet India and also lodged a complain on their helpline, I got a call from them assuring I should get the car by Thursday, I have no option but to wait and see. I shall keep updating this thread.
m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 13:11   #30
Distinguished - BHPian
 
FlyingSpur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,937
Thanked: 1,331 Times
Default Re: My New Daily Drive : Chevy Cruze A/T plus 5000KMs Initial report

And they didn't try to illogically blame the LED taillamps / DRL mods for the wiring issues? I think that's quite admirable of them.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skoda Rapid gets 2 new variants : Active Plus & Ambition Plus GTO The Indian Car Scene 18 5th January 2014 08:44
Fiat Linea - Emotion MJD - Ownership report 5000Kms+ ajaysurfs Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 15 10th August 2010 14:04
My New Red Chevrolet Cruze : Initial Report chitshar Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 64 20th May 2010 16:57
My new Chevy Cruze : Initial Report varunjain Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 147 4th February 2010 00:48
Chevy Spark...Chevy U-VA...comparative test drive report! omar1310 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 0 7th June 2007 11:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:16.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks