Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 15th November 2011, 12:23   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Tata Vista VX – Our new White Stallion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
@ Dhabhar Behram, could you please re-post the settings? Also could you please help me with the bluetooth settings? I tried deleting device list and re-pairing my Nokia E63, but it keeps restarting.
Dear Maverick5490 / Bigvishnu - due to some system issue, I am posting Vista Stereo settings once again for your ready reference. For bluetooth, I will revert shortly.

Vehicles set with new audio settings are found better compared to existing Vista infotainment performance.

How to operate within functions?
Press “Audio” / Press up & down arrow for function selection / Press “OK” to enter into function / Press right or left arrow to set the parameter value / After setting again press “OK” to save & exit.

Set the audio settings as per below parameters - Audio (on front fascia) Treble - 7 / Bass - 7 (5 would be optimized for those who want less bass effect) / ExBass – 3 / E-Bass- 60Hz, 1.0 / E-Treble- 10.0Khz / Mid- 1000Khz, +7, 0.5 / Ex-Bass- 60Hz, 3.

With above settings we can get better clarity, bass effect & overall sound quality. In addition to this, if all door speakers are replaced with JBL units, then the effects would be extra-superb!

Please let me have your contact numbers by PM, I would like to speak to you.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Last edited by DHABHAR.BEHRAM : 15th November 2011 at 12:24. Reason: add info
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 08:40   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Maverick5490 / Bigvishnu - due to some system issue, I am posting Vista Stereo settings once again for your ready reference. For bluetooth, I will revert shortly.

Vehicles set with new audio settings are found better compared to existing Vista infotainment performance.

How to operate within functions?
Press “Audio” / Press up & down arrow for function selection / Press “OK” to enter into function / Press right or left arrow to set the parameter value / After setting again press “OK” to save & exit.

Set the audio settings as per below parameters - Audio (on front fascia) Treble - 7 / Bass - 7 (5 would be optimized for those who want less bass effect) / ExBass – 3 / E-Bass- 60Hz, 1.0 / E-Treble- 10.0Khz / Mid- 1000Khz, +7, 0.5 / Ex-Bass- 60Hz, 3.

With above settings we can get better clarity, bass effect & overall sound quality. In addition to this, if all door speakers are replaced with JBL units, then the effects would be extra-superb!

Please let me have your contact numbers by PM, I would like to speak to you.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
@ DB thanks a lot for the settings will try them out today. Also the BT thing is sorted out, was an issue with the 2 GB pen drive. Am using an 16 GB Moserbaer with folders for various songs. Works perfectly now, no more restarts or stalls. First service is due tomorrow @ Fortune, lets see hows the experience!
Maverick5490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 11:15   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
@ DB thanks a lot for the settings will try them out today. Also the BT thing is sorted out, was an issue with the 2 GB pen drive. Am using an 16 GB Moserbaer with folders for various songs. Works perfectly now, no more restarts or stalls. First service is due tomorrow @ Fortune, lets see hows the experience!
Dear Maverick5490 - my pleasure, please do let me know the result of the music settings and your experience.

Please don't put seat covers. A lot of effort has gone into making those bucket seats what they are. .

Alloys and 185 section tires? You mean "15"? I believe there is a white Vista -----. .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 11:39   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Maverick5490 - my pleasure, please do let me know the result of the music settings and your experience.

Please don't put seat covers. A lot of effort has gone into making those bucket seats what they are. .

Alloys and 185 section tires? You mean "15"? I believe there is a white Vista -----. .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
@DB, I absolutely love those seats, wont put any covers. I was thinking of 185 section tyres with 14 inch wheels. Not yet decided. Which white Vista are you mentioning here?

Regards,
Mav.
Old 17th November 2011, 11:43   #80
BHPian

Quote:

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DB Sir, i am helpless but i have to put the seat covers. hopefully, the charecteristics of the buckets will be retained, and i will get the covers removed as soon as my constrains get lifted off (son grows up a bit )

On the alloys, the white vista must be yours itself, right? can you send some pics over?
bigvishnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 13:21   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvishnu View Post
i had similar issues with doors with my dad's santro, and my grandpa's wagonR, not to mention my friend's i10, so dont want to blame TATA for anything specific. Its a machine, and machines, sometimes develop issues, that need to be fixed.
agreed, but the concern is only on how repetitive these niggles are. If its few and far between, its fine. But if they crop up with regularity then we have a problem on our hand. Also, what will eventually determine between the "good, bad or ugly" of these niggles is the service experience.
wickedchauhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 19:06   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
@DB - It was a pleasure talking to you. The audio settings sound great! only wished we had JBLs

Best regards,
Mav
Old 17th November 2011, 19:18   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Behram Sir, just configured the settings that you suggested, and i must agree, the audio feels much much better now. Am typing this out right from the car itself

Thanks! and will eagerly await the BT settings. Am frustrated to have to shout out loud in an empty car every time i receive a call while driving.
Old 18th November 2011, 09:15   #84
BHPian

completed 4K kms last night. No New Niggles, and the car is smoothening out even further. am loving it!
Old 28th November 2011, 14:47   #85
BHPian

After a lot of dilly-dallying, i had to go in for the seat covers - reason, 18 month old toddler, in 1 weeklong trip and the fabric was in BAD shape, and even though i know internal cleaning can be done, i thought it is much easier to wipe off from art leather.

Got Luster material seats from Imperial Leathers (Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)).

Attached are some pics.

Bottomline - good fit and finish except 'one' area where he said the seat will settle in a few days. I would have preferred black color finish to the steering wheel, maybe its a matter of getting used to.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Vista VX – Our new White Stallion!-20111125_112117.jpg  

Tata Vista VX – Our new White Stallion!-20111125_135055.jpg  

Tata Vista VX – Our new White Stallion!-20111125_135107.jpg  

Tata Vista VX – Our new White Stallion!-20111125_144905.jpg  

Tata Vista VX – Our new White Stallion!-20111125_145042.jpg  

Old 28th November 2011, 14:54   #86
BHPian

The color combination is refreshing and airy. And Imperial folks do a nice job, my seat covers were done at their place and they are still holding well.
TSEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2011, 15:02   #87
BANNED

@bigvishnu:

The seat covers fits and Looks nice. Agree Black on Steering wouldhave been looking better and gets less sweat-soiled.

Can you share info on How much it costed for these seat covers?
harimakesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2011, 16:24   #88
BHPian

Color combination is really good to see and would for sure add more airyness to the already spacious cabin.
Pls share the cost details,if possible.
It seems they completely removed the seats out from the car for fixing the covers. Is that so Bigvishnu?
You might also feel a marginal increase in your height of view. I felt this in my ride after getting the art leather seats fixed.

Happy motoring!
Maverick79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2011, 16:40   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
The color combination is refreshing and airy. And Imperial folks do a nice job, my seat covers were done at their place and they are still holding well.
Yes TSEA. The folks did do a great job, except that one fold on the drivers seat, will wait for it to go down by itself as the covers stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
@bigvishnu:

The seat covers fits and Looks nice. Agree Black on Steering wouldhave been looking better and gets less sweat-soiled.

Can you share info on How much it costed for these seat covers?

Black would have looked good, but now i am used to the beige also. Cost, 6300 (and got one bean bag refill free worth 150).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Color combination is really good to see and would for sure add more airyness to the already spacious cabin.
Pls share the cost details,if possible.
It seems they completely removed the seats out from the car for fixing the covers. Is that so Bigvishnu?
You might also feel a marginal increase in your height of view. I felt this in my ride after getting the art leather seats fixed.

Happy motoring!
Yes Maverick, they did remove each single seat, removed the beadings from the fabric covers and stitched them on leather ones before fitting them on. cost shared above.
Old 28th November 2011, 17:20   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvishnu View Post

Yes Maverick, they did remove each single seat, removed the beadings from the fabric covers and stitched them on leather ones before fitting them on. cost shared above.
Oh, In my case, they didn't remove the seats from my car.
I actually got them fitted at a factory which makes and sells to TATA Accessories their OEM branded ones. Hence took my vehicle to their factory for fittment.

They already have pre stitched covers, which are fixed directly on to the seats without removing them. PFA the pics.

Tata Vista VX – Our new White Stallion!-img00399201104271533.jpg
Tata Vista VX – Our new White Stallion!-img00400201104271533.jpg

It really pinched my heart when they were peircing through the seats.

Tata Vista VX – Our new White Stallion!-img00401201104271533.jpg
Tata Vista VX – Our new White Stallion!-img00402201104271533.jpg
Tata Vista VX – Our new White Stallion!-img00405201104271542.jpg

Pardon me for poor quality of the pics. Took them from my 2 MP camera in Mobile.
Maverick79 is offline   Reply With Quote