Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 20th February 2012, 11:40   #106
BHPian

Default Re: Tata Vista VX Our new White Stallion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Option 3 apprx costing is 7k for the projectors plus add another 2k for removing the HL and fixing the same. There is a thread of a Linea getting this mood done which was a DIY and the light spread is just too good.
I have read that thread and did ask the Linea guy if the setup is same for Tata owners. He mentioned Fiat lights are Italian made and the Tata ones are locally made. So was not very sure. Nevertheless let me know of the results once you done. Would definitely want to upgrade.
gauravdgr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2012, 11:41   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
yes...thats a "feature" of the car

the thick A-Pillar blocks my view during turns, so I usually end up leaning sideways (either towards the window or the passenger seat) to have a proper look at the road ahead.
the extent to which the A Pillar obstructs your view is also a function of the seat position, the more back you go (the way i like it), the more is the obstruction, so, sometimes, when driving in heavy traffic, i actually move my seat a bit forward to come over the problem.
bigvishnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2012, 11:49   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Hey Bigvishnu. How is your car doing now. How many kms have you covered and what kind of mielage are you getting.

Just curious as my vista has completed 2 months with more than 5k on the odo and behaving very nice.
Gaurav, nice to hear from you. what kind of millage are you getting? I am 5 months, 6.5K kms, and get around 14 KMPL in city with AC. Havent done any highway drivign after the one trip to Hyd, so wont comment on that. Waiting for the oil change @ 10K to see improvement in the mileage front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Congrats, it looks like you are clocking quite a few miles already.

@vishnu, are you aware how we can ourself adjust the beam throw?
Motomaverick, i am not sure of which exact bolt to adjust, but some amount of trial and error will surely help you get there. I remember the guy used a simple 10 size spanner for the adjustment.

Quote:
Out of the current 5300 on the odo, 3800 has been highway drives. The car is so inviting, that it makes you hit the highway for some reason.

I too feel like upgrading the bulbs from the current 55/60 to 90/100, however have been advised not to do so. That's because when we use the Upper, all 4 bulbs are working and that would cause blackening of the bulb area or fuse the bulbs.

Now the question is should I go with a relay setup to upgrade as the SE mentioned it would void the warranty. If not how do we manually change the throw of the beam so as to go a longer vision of light.

Gaurav, i have just not felt the need to upgrade the lights after the throw direction/angle of the lights was changed. If you are really going to change, i'll wait for you to share the results before i make any changes

Quote:
I have read that thread and did ask the Linea guy if the setup is same for Tata owners. He mentioned Fiat lights are Italian made and the Tata ones are locally made. So was not very sure. Nevertheless let me know of the results once you done. Would definitely want to upgrade.
Remember, the new Vista lights are same as the Manza, and not sure if they are local or not.
Old 20th February 2012, 11:55   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvishnu View Post
Motomaverick, i am not sure of which exact bolt to adjust, but some amount of trial and error will surely help you get there. I remember the guy used a simple 10 size spanner for the adjustment. .
Infact i did try a trial and error and messed up the beam further There are two allen key type screw on the top one adjusts for the horizontal while the other is for the angle i think not sure though. I guess i will take the car to a shop which focusses headlight beam in JP nagar and see how he does it.
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 16:36   #110
BHPian

Here Is a new Story:

Was going to take the train to Warangal (my hometown) from Bangalore for my Brother's wedding. the Ticket said 20:20, and i read it as 10:20. Realized this only after going to the railway station and waiting for 1.5 hours for the train to arrive, with Wife, kiddo and luggage for 3 people for a week.

After realizing the folly, and coming to terms with it, spent more money for an auto to get home then what i spent on a cab to get to the station, dumped the luggage into the White Stallion, and off we were.

The round trip - Bangalore-hyderabad-warangal-bhadrachalam-warangal-bangalore with a lot of local travel within warangal and bhandrachalam, the car clocked a total of 2600 kms. Mileage for the trip was 18KMPL. no niggles, no issues. The loose end of the bumper, that was caused due to a 2wheeler bumping into the car a month or so back continues to be there, and needs some attention. Touched a topspeed of 145KMPH.

While Bangalore-Hyd was an amazing road, the rest was pretty rough, with Warangal-Bhadrachalam having some badly broken patches, single roads where u have to get off every time there is a truck coming in the other direction etc.

All in all, pretty satisfied with the ride, and the comfort the car gave us, after realizing that i missed up with the train timing.

A few other observations: Tyre noise is pretty high on high speeds. Would a under carraige coating help? I am not sure if i must change tyres - total distance used is less than 9K kms.

After sitting in my cousin's fabia during this trip, i am convinced, i need a better music system. Can i leave the HU alone, and play around with the speakers to give me better effect.
Old 26th March 2012, 13:43   #111
BHPian

Due for my 3rd Service (Oil change) in the next 400 Kms.. anything to watch out for?
Old 26th March 2012, 13:57   #112
BHPian

Hi Bigvishnu, nice to get an update. Refer to the car manual wherein all the requirements are mentioned as Replace, Repair,Top-up,Check etc.

If the service advisor says something which is not mentioned in the 10k interval, show him the manual.
gauravdgr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2012, 14:34   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Bigvishnu, nice to get an update. Refer to the car manual wherein all the requirements are mentioned as Replace, Repair,Top-up,Check etc.

If the service advisor says something which is not mentioned in the 10k interval, show him the manual.
Gaurav.. that brings me back to my next crib... i have the owners manual of the older car (no reference whatsoever to the refreshed car) and hence i have to do a lot of 'reading between the lines'.. I have a pending issue with Tata's call center for almost 5 months now, with no end in sight.
Old 26th March 2012, 14:44   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Gaurav.. that brings me back to my next crib... i have the owners manual of the older car (no reference whatsoever to the refreshed car) and hence i have to do a lot of 'reading between the lines'.. I have a pending issue with Tata's call center for almost 5 months now, with no end in sight.
Not an issue my friend. I will take a snap of the service manual for 10k kms and email it to you. PM me your details.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 14:41   #115
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Yep that has been one of the issues common to all TATA vehicles - in the sense that they at the time of release of new vehicles or new refresh varients do not get the user manual documentation right for the initial period. But do keep writting to TATA Support desk if you are presistent then you will surely get the revised manual. - You are entitled to one.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 16:16   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Out of the current 5300 on the odo, 3800 has been highway drives. The car is so inviting, that it makes you hit the highway for some reason.

I too feel like upgrading the bulbs from the current 55/60 to 90/100, however have been advised not to do so. That's because when we use the Upper, all 4 bulbs are working and that would cause blackening of the bulb area or fuse the bulbs.

Now the question is should I go with a relay setup to upgrade as the SE mentioned it would void the warranty. If not how do we manually change the throw of the beam so as to go a longer vision of light.
gauravdgr8 - I have switched my high beam 60W-H1's to Philips essential vision 90W-H1's without any relay/alterations.Just like you i was very hesitant to upgrade,but the store tech confirmed that a relay would be needed only if we want to upgrade all the 4 bulbs.It has been 6 months now and absolutely no issues so far.Highway night rides are a lot more comfortable now
Sam.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 16:50   #117
BHPian

Quote:
After sitting in my cousin's fabia during this trip, i am convinced, i need a better music system. Can i leave the HU alone, and play around with the speakers to give me better effect.
Refer this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ml#post2613637, you have many decent options if you are looking for 6x9 ovals to be placed on the parcel tray. Replacing the speakers does give you some improvement.
skumare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2013, 16:15   #118
BHPian

Okay!!!!

am back after 23K Kms on the odo, a smooth 20K Kms service and countless drives.

First things first, let me list the +s and -s as of today

+S First!
  • Safe, great breaks... more about this later
  • All features work like on Day 1 - No non-sense car
  • butter smooth engine, near zero noise of vibrations in the cabin. Most of the folks who get in first think its a petrol car.
  • Audio system, post the tweaks suggested by DB Sir, and addition of 2 JBL Ovals in the parcel tray, is pretty good now.
  • Love the bumpers... a few hits on the front or back but it just bounces back to shape. This is great, compared to the Hyundais and Marutis where things fall apart and you need to get new ones!
  • Steering controls / Bluetooth - Great productivity enhancers!
  • Love the turbo Kick @ 2K RPM. Overtaking is effortless.
  • Still feels as good as new. the car did not age at all.

-S Now
  • Tata Service - When will you grow up! car always comes back with one or 2 new problems that didn't exist before service, and will warrant another trip to fix the same.
  • Body shop Work - Incomplete work done and they have asked me to get teh car back to fix the issues.
  • Ground Clearance- i have to drive 10 times more carefully than otehr cars, or my older Tata V2 Turbo. Donno if it is the jack supports ,or other parts of the bottom, but a scrape a week is common if i am not Extra Cautious. I had not signed up for this when I got the car :(
  • Boot - Feels liek a compromise. my older car can fit twice the stuff. Now, with the new wodden parcel tray to house the speakers, its even more compromised.

Also, my AMC expired after the 20K service. Below is what is on offer. Does it make sense?

Quote:
For 2 years or for 30,000 km and 40,000 km Services the bill amount would be Rs - 8870-/-

For next 2 years or for 50,000 km and 60,000 km Services the bill amount would be Rs - 7468-/-

So for 4 years or for 4 major services the amount would be Rs- 16338-/- for your Indica Vista.

I will be more regular in my updates here-on.

no new mods planned at this point of time.
Old 7th June 2013, 18:03   #119
BHPian

How is the turbo Lag below 1800 rpm in the VX? The D-90 review here stated that VX has severe turbo lag when compared to the D-90.

Would be interesting to know how this car fares while driving in City traffic when compared to the Ritz or the Sail since they share the same engine but different gearings and tunes.
TorqMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2013, 18:43   #120
BHPian

[*]Ground Clearance- i have to drive 10 times more carefully than otehr cars, or my older Tata V2 Turbo. Donno if it is the jack supports ,or other parts of the bottom, but a scrape a week is common i

Thats right it has to be the jack supports. it happened in my car also.
I faced the same problem. The first thing I did was to ensure that the tyre pressure was 28 psi.
when my tyres wore out I upsized to 185/65/14. Now bottom scrapes are a thing of the past.
bigben is offline   Reply With Quote